Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Test

Edit4: posting the photo then going to edit the post, that initial edit appears to replicate the edit2 flip flop. Subsequent edits trigger the edit3/edit1 problem.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Scrolling through the Rap Sheet for poster Literally the Worst triggers a repeatable crash for me.

Edit: seems to be all rap sheets, hitting the bottom of my own crashed the app as well

Edit 2: Pokeyman, attempting to load your rap sheet at all causes a crash

All of this on a fully updated app on a fully updated iPhone 6+

jivjov fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 16, 2015

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Still love this app so I wanted to say that cause you know. Good vibrations. :greenangel:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I got a URL stuck in the title bar of my Bookmarks + my bookmarked threads. I clicked on an image URL (not embedded) but immediately swiped back to the thread before it loaded, then returned to the browser; don't remember if I swiped for it or tapped the link again. Shortly afterwards I noticed the URL had fixed itself as a permanent subtitle to all my other bookmarks.

It disappears on the other tabs (i.e. Forums, Leper Colony, and Settings), and does not show up if I open a thread from the Forums tab, even it's one of my bookmarked threads. Comes back when I return to the Bookmarks tab. It also continues sticking around if I reopen the browser, where it hovers a few pixels below the actual URL subtitle in the browser. This occurs even on the image that I originally accidentally used to glue my URL ghost to the interface, haunting the real URL with a little doppelgänger shadow :spooky:

Force-quitting the app has exorcised the spirit, as expected

Grace Baiting fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 16, 2015

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm sure this has been asked/discussed at length but will platinum features (search, see all posts by user, attach images) ever be added?

Edit: also this app is great, thanks Bill Cosby

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 17, 2015

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I also have the duplication issue on bookmarks with an iPhone 6+.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

jivjov posted:

Scrolling through the Rap Sheet for poster Literally the Worst triggers a repeatable crash for me.

Edit: seems to be all rap sheets, hitting the bottom of my own crashed the app as well

Came here to post this

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Alright I got everything up to here, thanks for the detailed reports y'all.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm sure this has been asked/discussed at length but will platinum features (search, see all posts by user, attach images) ever be added?

Edit: also this app is great, thanks Bill Cosby

Search is on the list. "See all posts by user" works within a single thread, otherwise I'd say that's part of search. Attaching images isn't currently on the roadmap, as it's clunkier than just pushing everyone through imgur, but if there's a convincing reason to do it I'll put it on the list. (The only reason I can think of is that they won't disappear if nobody clicks on them for a year, but I'm not sure how convincing that is.)

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

jivjov posted:

I had someone else's rap sheet crash on me tonight but yours doesn't. Pokeyman's does, though. Couldn't load the "bad" ones at all, let alone scroll to the bottom...immediate crash.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Trying to access an archived thread without archives consistently crashed Awful for me. Also zooming by tapping in the image viewer doesn't work most of the time.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Is there anything you can do to fix the thing where I try to open a thread I want to read, except the bookmarks list decided to refresh and move another thread under my finger while I was tapping?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Soricidus posted:

Is there anything you can do to fix the thing where I try to open a thread I want to read, except the bookmarks list decided to refresh and move another thread under my finger while I was tapping?

I think having a spinner show at the top of the bookmark list when it's doing an automatic refresh as long as a manual one would fix this

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Tracking down two crasher bugs at the moment.

As best I can tell:

• Sometimes when a URL is in the clipboard, tapping the [url] option from the context menu to try to paste it (the top-level option, which would normally list "[url] | Paste" when selected) crashes Awful. It seems intermittent, but a cursory follow up suggests that copying a link in Safari by doing a long-press on the link and copying from the modal popup is the most reliable way to reproduce the behavior. The fact that this copy mechanism is putting a special blob in the clipboard that Awful can't handle seems to be supported by the fact that pasting and re-copying the text from a third app seems to avoid the issue.
  • For whatever reason I seem to have favorited a forum so it appears at the top of the forums listing. Awful crashes when I try to delete from within the app.

Right now I'm on iOS 8.1.2 though, so I can't yet report if this is an API/OS issue that doesn't apply to 8.2.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Could you get rid of the thing where I can start typing in a reply, then the quote loads, then I continue typing under the quote, with the first stuff still above the quote?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When I go to the forums list, subforums don't show up even if they were "popped out" last time I viewed - the arrow will be pointed down to indicate it should be showing them, and a tap will make it go back in, so I have to double tap to see them again.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I found out today that there's no way to add a user to your ignore list from within the app. I am apparently getting crotchety in my old age, because this is something I'd like to do. Diabolik900 suggested I request the feature here, so here I am. Thanks for listening!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

pokeyman posted:

Alright I got everything up to here, thanks for the detailed reports y'all.

Search is on the list. "See all posts by user" works within a single thread, otherwise I'd say that's part of search. Attaching images isn't currently on the roadmap, as it's clunkier than just pushing everyone through imgur, but if there's a convincing reason to do it I'll put it on the list. (The only reason I can think of is that they won't disappear if nobody clicks on them for a year, but I'm not sure how convincing that is.)

Dude I had no idea the imgur stuff was there, I'm dumb and that's awesome

Edit: testing imgur

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I tried to make a post and then got a "network connection lost" message and then awful was just stuck on the "posting ..." screen with no way out. The stop button thing in the middle did nothing, and the controls at the top were grayed out. Had to force quit.

of course anything that prevents me posting probably counts as a feature

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

People were reporting slow connections in the technical thread, maybe that's fuzzing up the app?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I just fumbled my phone and accidentally deleted a bookmark; is there any easy way to find out which one it was, or is it gone forever?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

jivjov posted:

So I just fumbled my phone and accidentally deleted a bookmark; is there any easy way to find out which one it was, or is it gone forever?

Gone, and that reminds me that I wanted to do shake-to-undo for that case. Maybe that hacking will be my reward for finishing this sucky paperwork this week.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I love image view but swipe down to dismiss needs to be disabled while zoomed in.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Is there no way to remove a thread tag filter anymore, or am I just losing it?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Haha well look at that!

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

jivjov posted:

Pretty much just came here to post this since I just unbookmarked SOME thread with my fat sausage fingers. It'd be great if we had a little confirmation of destructive action popup before anything was actually deleted (e.g., "Are you sure you want to unbookmark this thread?").

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The Dave posted:

I love image view but swipe down to dismiss needs to be disabled while zoomed in.

Yeah, that one drives me crazy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Pretty much just came here to post this since I just unbookmarked SOME thread with my fat sausage fingers. It'd be great if we had a little confirmation of destructive action popup before anything was actually deleted (e.g., "Are you sure you want to unbookmark this thread?").

Yeah, if you're in a thread, I'm fine with no confirmation, because you can always undo it with the bottom right menu..but in bookmarks, you angle your drag just wrong, and suddenly you've exposed and pressed the delete button. And when it happened to me today, it was because I literally lost grip on my phone and almost dropped it, recovering just in time to see some unknown bookmark disappearing.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I get "Image Upload Failed Imgur did not respond as expected (code -1)" when I try to upload and attach an image.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

If you have the image viewer sheet open and you tap to hide the "Done" and Share buttons, tapping in the top left and bottom right corners (where the buttons where) does not re-show those buttons.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Stare-Out posted:

Trying to access an archived thread without archives consistently crashed Awful for me.

Was it a particular thread? Do any archived threads work?

quote:

Also zooming by tapping in the image viewer doesn't work most of the time.

Any chance it's being detected as a scroll?

Soricidus posted:

Probably!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Tracking down two crasher bugs at the moment.

As best I can tell:

• Sometimes when a URL is in the clipboard, tapping the [url] option from the context menu to try to paste it (the top-level option, which would normally list "[url] | Paste" when selected) crashes Awful. It seems intermittent, but a cursory follow up suggests that copying a link in Safari by doing a long-press on the link and copying from the modal popup is the most reliable way to reproduce the behavior. The fact that this copy mechanism is putting a special blob in the clipboard that Awful can't handle seems to be supported by the fact that pasting and re-copying the text from a third app seems to avoid the issue.
  • For whatever reason I seem to have favorited a forum so it appears at the top of the forums listing. Awful crashes when I try to delete from within the app.

Right now I'm on iOS 8.1.2 though, so I can't yet report if this is an API/OS issue that doesn't apply to 8.2.

I'll look into these, thanks. I've had the URL pasting one happen to me a couple times, though I didn't even get as far as your cursory followup so that gives me something to go on.

jivjov posted:

Shake to undo should work on the bookmarks list.

The Dave posted:

Good call.

Diabolik900 posted:

Is there no way to remove a thread tag filter anymore, or am I just losing it?

I... um... er... yeah.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I get "Image Upload Failed Imgur did not respond as expected (code -1)" when I try to upload and attach an image.

Hmm. Either imgur's futzing with their API or something goofy's happening. I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Abjad Soup posted:

If you have the image viewer sheet open and you tap to hide the "Done" and Share buttons, tapping in the top left and bottom right corners (where the buttons where) does not re-show those buttons.

Whoops. I'll get on that.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Is the light bottom bar (in dark mode) in the new beta intentional?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

101 posted:

Is the light bottom bar (in dark mode) in the new beta intentional?

gently caress

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'll have a look if other archived threads cause issues, and the image viewer bug is very inconsistent and I'm sure it's an issue with the tap-to-zoom. I'll see if I can nail the reason for that down, too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

pokeyman posted:

gently caress
LOL wasn't this an issue with an earlier beta?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

LOL wasn't this an issue with an earlier beta?

It was the opposite. Light theme had the dark toolbar.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Thinking out loud here; could there be a feature to detect edits of recently read posts in a thread? Sometimes people edit their post as a response instead of making a new one. The way the app works right now that's totally invisible. I'm not sure how something like that would be shown in the UI though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've been a luddite for years when it comes to iCloud and I'm just uploading my photos now. Is there any way to set them to delete from my phone once they are uploaded, or what kind of options do I have in general?

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

NESguerilla posted:

Sorry for the dumb question, but I've been a luddite for years when it comes to iCloud and I'm just uploading my photos now. Is there any way to set them to delete from my phone once they are uploaded, or what kind of options do I have in general?

If you use the iCloud Photo Library or whatever there's a setting like "Optimize iPhone Storage" or something. This'll only keep low-res previews and the full pics will stay online and only download when you want to look at/use them. Should be in Settings->iCloud->Photos I should think.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
For some reason in the latest beta you can't use the default themes or the (superior) orange YOSPOS theme

Also, image uploading failed so I had to use upit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

101 posted:

For some reason in the latest beta you can't use the default themes or the (superior) orange YOSPOS theme

Also, image uploading failed so I had to use upit

It's amber, not orange, you clod :argh:

• Locked thread