Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I literally burst out laughing when Boros finished his speech and Saitama just slapped him into the wall.

Next episode's gonna be so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I think the absolute best scene is Saitama absolutely no-selling Boros' transformation, harder than he has any other transformation so far. It was just so perfect.

Though I still love how the S-Class heroes all responded to their fight. "Retreat and figure out a strategy? gently caress that, all I know is hittin' poo poo so I'ma keep doin' that until it works!"

As people have already pointed out, that's how Fighting Spirit works.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Twitter by murata:

2期も作っていただけるように頑張るぞっと!

AKA: I will work hard to make season 2 happen

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/676079244011659264

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

"Retreat and figure out a strategy? gently caress that, all I know is hittin' poo poo so I'ma keep doin' that until it works!"

And then it worked!

YggdrasilTM posted:

Twitter by murata:

2期も作っていただけるように頑張るぞっと!

YEEESSsssssssss

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

YggdrasilTM posted:

Twitter by murata:

2期も作っていただけるように頑張るぞっと!

Jeez, Murata is really just gonna draw season 2 on his own? :stonk:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And More posted:

Jeez, Murata is really just gonna draw season 2 on his own? :stonk:

He's literally going to draw tens of thousands of pages to animate the entire thing on his own.

And then he'll look over them a week later and do them better. Faster.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I found this adorable thing on his twitter:

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Reminds me of Super Mario Bros 3 world 5 where you get the stompy boots. That was a fun stage.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mordaedil posted:

Dude Macgyvered a fountain pen from a set of disposable chopsticks and some celotape in order to keep drawing after his inking pen broke.

True dedication.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

It is beautiful. :allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Goddammit I laughed :negative:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As it should be.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Not going to lie, I got a little worried about the rest of the strip after panel 2.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
"This is dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Corny and dumb. Dumb. loving GOLD."

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

nooo

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Gyges posted:

Not going to lie, I got a little worried about the rest of the strip after panel 2.

Yep, panel 3 is when I started laughing.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Mordaedil posted:

I don't recognize the person in the far right panel with the glasses.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TheWyrmDude posted:

That's Murata's little chibi version of himself.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheWyrmDude posted:

Mumen Rider...?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

you fucker I was going to post this

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hammerhead went back home and is writing resumes with his mom and his grandma :allears:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gyges posted:

Was it that raising of concern that made the rest of it so funny? I was alarmed, then confused, then laughing out loud and what is even the loving joke gently caress

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah that was it for me, was going the direction of out of character shippy gross poo poo. I wonder how much of that actual poo poo is out there post Tornado's intro in the series.

Also I wonder how many people are treating this show like a straight action series. I've seen people making power level discussions after the kid emperor scanner chapter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sharktamer posted:

Yeah that was it for me, was going the direction of out of character shippy gross poo poo. I wonder how much of that actual poo poo is out there post Tornado's intro in the series.

Also I wonder how many people are treating this show like a straight action series. I've seen people making power level discussions after the kid emperor scanner chapter.

It's not like it's hard to.

Besides that, it's a combat show where people fight in it, obviously people are going to speculate people's strengths. We already had people wondering if Sonic could've taken Sea King before.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

DAISUKI's server---------------->

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

It's not like it's hard to.

Besides that, it's a combat show where people fight in it, obviously people are going to speculate people's strengths. We already had people wondering if Sonic could've taken Sea King before.

And an actual serious answer to it from the creator too

I know people really like to think that liking this series means you don't like shonen poo poo but guess what it's still shonen poo poo just admit you're crawling in the mud with everyone else

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

I know people really like to think that liking this series means you don't like shonen poo poo but guess what it's still shonen poo poo just admit you're crawling in the mud with everyone else

But ours is fine, artisan mud. Not that filth the Narutoes and One Pieces wallow in.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Crain posted:

But ours is fine, artisan mud. Not that filth the Narutoes and One Pieces wallow in.

One Piece is beautiful mud you gently caress

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hahahaha

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Is the OVA/bluray special cannon? Written by ONE? I don't remember reading it in the manga. It was fairly amusing either way.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Demicol posted:

Is the OVA/bluray special cannon? Written by ONE? I don't remember reading it in the manga. It was fairly amusing either way.

all of the blu-ray specials are new content written by ONE

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

omfg

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
It's the best thing I've ever seen.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The best parodies are almost always written by people who love the thing they're making fun of.

In OPM's case I'd say the series is actually enhanced by it because of all the expectations it sets up, knocks down, switches up, and once in a blue moon delivers on.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Oops. I broke it.

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

Mordaedil posted:

are those some chopsticks

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Marcus Garvey posted:

And scotch tape and a pen nib.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Exactly. It's a manga/anime where people fight each other. Inevitably this means that people are gonna start wondering if X character could beat 'other character' People wanna act like this ain't shonen because the protagonist isn't hot-blooded and full of fighting spirit all the time.

Marcus Garvey posted:

Crain posted:

Dude Macgyvered a fountain pen from a set of disposable chopsticks and some celotape in order to keep drawing after his inking pen broke.

True dedication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

RareAcumen posted:

Exactly. It's a manga/anime where people fight each other. Inevitably this means that people are gonna start wondering if X character could beat 'other character' People wanna act like this ain't shonen because the protagonist isn't hot-blooded and full of fighting spirit all the time.

That said, if we get a spinoff about Metal Bat and his hot-blooded fighting spirit I will weep tears of joy.