Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I am up by 21 with nobody left, going up against his Diggs, which means:

Diggs will get 100 yards and 2 TD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Carson Palmer owner in a 12 team PPR league where most teams carry a backup. Best replacement options were Tannehill/Wentz, so I just went ahead and traded Randall Cobb for Stafford. Good move or bad? Feels like I'm selling at the nadir of Cobb's value, but it's sure starting to feel like he'll never match his 2014 numbers. I've got OBJ/Landry/Sanders/Crabtree at WR, so he was my 5th best receiver.

Stafford is obviously not quite as reliable as we hoped but I still like him ROS and Palmer has looked atrocious and is now concussed.

Feeling good about this deal, but I like to have my opinions validated...

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

Away to Pittsburgh is a cupcake match

(lol what the hell were you thinking)

It was really dumb!

I still won by almost 15 this week, and I was up against Julio.

I kinda want to hold on to KC through their bye just because they have talent and streaming defense roulette gets boring in a big league, but it's going to be tough. Might ditch them for Tampa @ Carolina depending on Cam's health.

Ok, going to flesh this out some more.

I could pick up Philly's defense as a free agent right now. They play detroit next week which isn't a plus matchup, but they're fresh off the bye and talented. I can't drop my defense though because I played them. Or I could wait until waivers clear and try to pick up Philly, Tampa, or Miami.

So do I drop one of Langford or Agholor to grab Philly as a free agent, or just wait and risk missing out on one of those three?

poo poo, nevermind, put Decker in my IR slot, problem solved.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 3, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Carson Palmer owner in a 12 team PPR league where most teams carry a backup. Best replacement options were Tannehill/Wentz, so I just went ahead and traded Randall Cobb for Stafford. Good move or bad? Feels like I'm selling at the nadir of Cobb's value, but it's sure starting to feel like he'll never match his 2014 numbers. I've got OBJ/Landry/Sanders/Crabtree at WR, so he was my 5th best receiver.

Stafford is obviously not quite as reliable as we hoped but I still like him ROS and Palmer has looked atrocious and is now concussed.

I like this deal. I overreacted during GB's bye this week and straight up dropped Cobb (picked up Stafford over waivers haha). So being able to flip him for value is definitely more than I got out of him.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I'm trying to pick up Wentz for my bye coverage of Wilson. But does he (wentz) have an easier ROS?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Varg posted:

agiantfantasydump.jpg

In another league I need the Vikings defense to score less than 9 tonight.. cmon Eli don't throw a pick for once in your life please

I had Stafford and Hopkins, was leading by 40 still somehow, and am now down 13 due to Ben Roethlisberger.

There's hope that the Giants defense does well and ODB scores a goose egg, but I doubt it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I like this deal. I overreacted during GB's bye this week and straight up dropped Cobb (picked up Stafford over waivers haha). So being able to flip him for value is definitely more than I got out of him.

Cool, thanks!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Due to Philly's BYE, I didn't have a QB this week, and didn't want to drop anyone off of my short bench to get a new one, and still will win by 40 or so thanks to Julio + Reed.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I would be interested to see your bench because despite this working out for you, not playing a QB was a terrible terrible decision.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MacheteZombie posted:

Same re: Cobb. I feel stupid because the guy with the Packers logo as his team avatar took about 5 minutes to snatch him up. I should've realized that at least that guy might've traded for him. :doh:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat. gently caress Big Ben. Drops 34 on me and as a result, I tie my brother-in-law. This is after AJ Green scores me 33. Ugh. And gently caress John Kuhn too. I would have won if one of the TDs he vultured had gone to Ingram.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Anyone here anything more about Forte? I was going to be stuck starting Powell next week anyway with Ingram on a bye and my RB's devastated, but at least I won't be mega-hosed if Forte is limited in some way.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pubic works project posted:

God drat. gently caress Big Ben. Drops 34 on me and as a result, I tie my brother-in-law. This is after AJ Green scores me 33. Ugh. And gently caress John Kuhn too. I would have won if one of the TDs he vultured had gone to Ingram.

Factional points my man. Fractional points.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I would be interested to see your bench because despite this working out for you, not playing a QB was a terrible terrible decision.

Both Monday QBs were/are available for an emergency, so I hedged my bets.

14 team league, nothing on waivers; worst people on the bench are McKinnon/Bolden in a league where they would be the default best waiver options if dropped.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Who 4-0?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gobias Ind. posted:

TUS posted:

I'm trying to pick up Wentz for my bye coverage of Wilson. But does he (wentz) have an easier ROS?

Honestly it's not a bad trade. Personally I would have dropped Cobb for Wentz, but as a Redskins fan I've embraced that Philadelphia is going to murder us so I may be a little higher on Wentz than most. Let's take a look at Stafford and Wentz through Week 3:

Stafford: 985 Yards + 47 Yards Rushing, 7 TDs, 2 Ints for 68.1 Points (QB3). Scores of 26.1, 15.5, and 26.5 (plus 8.2 in Week 4).
Wentz: 769 Yards + 21 Yards Rushing, 5 TDs, 0 Ints for 52.9 Points (QB10). Scores of 19.2, 12.6, and 21 (plus 0 in Week 4).

So through Week 3 Stafford has outscored Wentz and averages a 5 PPG bonus. Football Outsiders has their techno-wizardy saying that Stafford and Wentz are roughly equal, but their stats don't take into account the difficulty of their opponent until after Week 4. In other words between the uncertainty of the small sample size and the uncertainty of their opponents it's hard to say who has a clear advantage. So let's look at schedule through Week 16.

Stafford: PHI, LAR, WAS, @HOU, @MIN, BYE, JAC, MIN, @NO, CHI, @NYG, @DAL
Wentz: @DET, @WAS, MIN, @DAL, @NYG, ATL, @SEA, GB, @CIN, @BAL, NYG

Teams that are in bold are considered top 10 pass defenses according to FO, underlined are bottom 10.

At least based on the preliminary data Stafford's schedule does appear to be easier, particularly near the end around playoff time. Naturally these numbers will shift around over time, but at least at this point it seems like Stafford is the better buy. That said I think Wentz has a higher floor, but Stafford has a higher ceiling. Getting either seems like a reasonable pickup.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm probably going 4-0 in ky money dynasty league. I'm leading the league in points for, so it's not just due to easy matchups, either. And I had to get through three weeks without my most expensive player, Bell.

My other three leagues are shitshows, though.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

Factional points my man. Fractional points.

I always do this. This is a stupid random ESPN league though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So dynasty league, these players are on the waiver wire. I have three wasted roster spots at the moment. Which should my top three targets be? 12 man 1ppr. I have mine listed best to worst. Let me know what you think.

Cameron Brate
Brian Quick
Seth Roberts
Eddie Royal
Josh Ferguson
Chris Conley

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

So dynasty league, these players are on the waiver wire. I have three wasted roster spots at the moment. Which should my top three targets be? 12 man 1ppr. I have mine listed best to worst. Let me know what you think.

Cameron Brate
Brian Quick
Seth Roberts
Eddie Royal
Josh Ferguson
Chris Conley

Brate at the top is fine, especially if you need a TE. I'd then put Chris Conley next. Legit WR1 physical profile, weak receiving corps. Then Royal is fine if you're a contender and need a WR4/5 for bye weeks, and hey, maybe he'll be more consistent this year and be a WR3. I think I might take Roberts over him, though, as Roberts is a nice red zone target for Carr, would jump into the WR2/3 conversation if either Cooper or Crabtree missed time, and is still young and relatively unexperienced so might develop more. Then probably Ferguson because Gore is old as hell, but he's simply a stash and pray, and would likely be behind Turbin if anything happens to Gore. Then Quick, who has 14 targets through 4 games and plays for the Rams. Just look at that 2015 gamelog, holy poo poo, 10 receptions for 102 yards on 32 (!) targets in a WR corps devoid of talent. He had a few good games to start 2014, but has shown absolutely nothing since. He's scoring flukey touchdowns and I would be shocked if he doesn't immediately dissolve into complete fantasy obscurity.

TLDR: Brate and Conley for sure, then Roberts or Royal depending on what you need, then Ferguson I guess, then a bunch of other names on the wire, then Quick.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

paternity suitor posted:

Anyone here anything more about Forte? I was going to be stuck starting Powell next week anyway with Ingram on a bye and my RB's devastated, but at least I won't be mega-hosed if Forte is limited in some way.

No word so far today that I've seen. His catches getting vultured by Powell definitely sucks though in PPR.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Ty1990 posted:

Who 4-0?

Yo. Even without my first 2 drafted RBs playing. (Charles and Rawls, lol) Up 182.2-84.9 with Diggs vs. his Eli

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'll be 4-0 but if Gurley or Forte don't pick it up a little I won't stay undefeated for long.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Barring a 4 point scoring adjustment on Thursday, I won thanks to that Kelce garbo td.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sanders or Crabtree ROS in PPR?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Sanders or Crabtree ROS in PPR?

For me it's Crabtree.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Sanders imo. He's been one of the most targeted WRs so far.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Looking for some trade advice. 1PPR league. QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex(WR/TE) lineup.

My RB's:

Ezekiel Elliot
Melvin Gordon
Mark Ingram
Isaiah Crowell
Jordan Howard

My WR's
Allen Robinson
Demetrius Thomas
Will Fuller V
Kevin White
Mike Wallace
Phillip Dorsett

I also have Moncrief and Keenan Allen on IR (4 keeper leauge, 2 IR spots)

I have two interesting trades on the table.

First trade: Melvin Gordon for his Stefon Diggs
Second trade: Isaiah Crowell for his Amari Cooper.

Should I 1) Make trade one, which is the current #6 RB for the #6 WR? 2) Make the second trade 3) Stand pat or 4) go crazy and make both trades?

ChuckBTY fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 3, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Stand pat.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ChuckBTY posted:

Looking for some trade advice. 1PPR league. QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/Flex(WR/TE) lineup.

My RB's:

Ezekiel Elliot
Melvin Gordon
Mark Ingram
Isaiah Crowell
Jordan Howard

My WR's
Allen Robinson
Demetrius Thomas
Will Fuller V
Kevin White
Mike Wallace
Phillip Dorsett

I also have Moncrief and Keenan Allen on IR (4 keeper leauge, 2 IR spots)

I have two interesting trades on the table.

First trade: Melvin Gordon for his Stefon Diggs
Second trade: Isaiah Crowell for his Amari Cooper.

Should I 1) Make trade one, which is the current #6 RB for the #6 WR? 2) Make the second trade 3) Stand pat or 4) go crazy and make both trades?

I'd be tempted to do both since you basically start 4 WR and only 2 RB, but I'd probably hold Gordon. I'd do Crow for Cooper.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd be tempted to do both since you basically start 4 WR and only 2 RB, but I'd probably hold Gordon. I'd do Crow for Cooper.

Whoops, that was a typo (that I now edited). It's WR/WR/Flex.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ChuckBTY posted:

Whoops, that was a typo (that I now edited). It's WR/WR/Flex.

Oh, that changes things a bit (I wouldn't do both) but I'd still do Crowell for Cooper. Maybe I should be higher on Crowell, but I still don't buy it. He's had a fairly soft schedule and Cleveland is just so bad.

Whether it's that deal or another one, I'd definitely be looking to move an RB for a WR.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wtf do I do with a stable of WRs of Hopkins, Marshall, Maclin, Fitzgerald, Sanders, and Pryor? My QB and TE is fine. My RBs are Jamaal/Ware and Forte. We start 3 WRs and 2 RBs, no flex.

Do I need to get off the Forte train? I really liked Forte :(. My team put up less than 100 points (I started Hopkins/Fitz/Pryor). I'm 2-2. Damnit.

I need to sell Hopkins, don't I?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Who 4-0?

3-1
3-1
2-2
1-3

One of the 3-1's should win it all one will get through round one of a 3 round playoffs

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Brate at the top is fine, especially if you need a TE. I'd then put Chris Conley next. Legit WR1 physical profile, weak receiving corps. Then Royal is fine if you're a contender and need a WR4/5 for bye weeks, and hey, maybe he'll be more consistent this year and be a WR3. I think I might take Roberts over him, though, as Roberts is a nice red zone target for Carr, would jump into the WR2/3 conversation if either Cooper or Crabtree missed time, and is still young and relatively unexperienced so might develop more. Then probably Ferguson because Gore is old as hell, but he's simply a stash and pray, and would likely be behind Turbin if anything happens to Gore. Then Quick, who has 14 targets through 4 games and plays for the Rams. Just look at that 2015 gamelog, holy poo poo, 10 receptions for 102 yards on 32 (!) targets in a WR corps devoid of talent. He had a few good games to start 2014, but has shown absolutely nothing since. He's scoring flukey touchdowns and I would be shocked if he doesn't immediately dissolve into complete fantasy obscurity.

TLDR: Brate and Conley for sure, then Roberts or Royal depending on what you need, then Ferguson I guess, then a bunch of other names on the wire, then Quick.

Thanks for talking me out of Quick. He has the physical talent, bur the low targets scare me. Conley has the targets, but not sure I like him long term. Seth Roberts is intriguing, because he could be a sneaky value play if Cooper / Crabtree go down.

Brate is just getting looks. I don't need tight ends, but he is something to trade later if he keeps his upward trajectory.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

89 posted:

Wtf do I do with a stable of WRs of Hopkins, Marshall, Maclin, Fitzgerald, Sanders, and Pryor? My QB and TE is fine. My RBs are Jamaal/Ware and Forte. We start 3 WRs and 2 RBs, no flex.

Do I need to get off the Forte train? I really liked Forte :(. My team put up less than 100 points (I started Hopkins/Fitz/Pryor). I'm 2-2. Damnit.

I need to sell Hopkins, don't I?

Forte died, RIP Forte. Sell Maclin for a replacement.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Forte died, RIP Forte. Sell Maclin for a replacement.

Any news on this?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I picked up Powell on a whim in both my money leagues before Sunday. I hate to wish an injury on anyone, but Forte missing time would be great for me.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm riding the Blake Bortles emotion roller coaster week by week and he's got a bye coming up so I need a replacement. Notable available QBs:

- Matt Ryan (he's been on fire, but will be facing Denver)
- Carson Wentz
- Derek Carr
- Dak Prescott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Tevin Coleman has sickle cell traits (!) and might not play in Denver next week

• Locked thread