Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
TSM is good enough to get out of groups unless they get absolutely screwed imo. [RNG/SKT or something similar.]

Impact is really really loving good again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Dragongem posted:

Some life from C9, but TSM is just playing so well. TSM should make it out of groups, maybe even into semis this year!

I am also super hype for C9 vs. TL/NV and the probable C9/IMT runback series

IMO C9 looked better this series than they did against IMT. The IMT series looked like IMT repeatedly dashing themselves against the rocks despite C9's kinda poor macro. This series, C9 looked more proactive and had a number of positive plays, TSM was just better. As much as I want IMT to go to worlds, it's currently on them to improve their game and whatever that monstrosity is they're passing off as a pick/ban phase.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Powercrazy posted:

He is seriously the best Lucian in the world, though he'll claim that Uzi is better then him.

Uzi is better. Doublelift, rabidsquid and Forg1ven understand true mechanical genius and don't care about empty trophy cases.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Firebert posted:

gently caress clg

What a travesty. Just shameful. How can we as a community let that slimeball George Georgadildo slither his way into the most prestigious electronic sporting event of all time?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Camera man focusing on Jensen cryin them Piglet tears

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Firebert posted:

gently caress clg

You can try all you want, you can cheat all you want, but in the end only the best go to worlds :smug:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'm pretty sure that c9 wins the run back with IMT.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I feel like clg should have gotten points deducted for getting 3-0'd

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I feel like all of these losses are on Meteos, he refuses to learn meta junglers and makes these selfish bad picks in pick ban. The fact is that he's a tilter, and C9 has always played better with Rush, a clutch player who knows how to keep cool under pressure.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

I feel like all of these losses are on Meteos, he refuses to learn meta junglers and makes these selfish bad picks in pick ban. The fact is that he's a tilter, and C9 has always played better with Rush, a clutch player who knows how to keep cool under pressure.

So you take out Jensen? Because lol if you think they'd done better without Impact

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

rabidsquid posted:

yeah, Cloud 9 had no choice. they had to fight over that baron. it was legitimately great map play by TSM gaining position on baron and forcing the fight while they still had the big buff and C9 didn't have any vision control in the area.

TSM closed out the series with CLG in the same way, they really understand how to end a game and it showed all season. I still think there's a lot of room for improvement and it shows when you listen to the players themselves, but it's nice to have an NA team you can really feel hopeful about, that was sorely missed last year.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Schnorkles posted:

TSM is good enough to get out of groups unless they get absolutely screwed imo. [RNG/SKT or something similar.]

Impact is really really loving good again.

I'd hesitate to put money on RNG beating TSM. Like I know China > NA is the conventional wisdom, but I think that only holds true for EDG right now. RNG is far from untouchable.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Meteos is just too solo queue, and sometimes I think people overrate him because he's Korean. The fact is he's either uncoachable or doesn't give a poo poo because he had all split to learn to play anything but Zac.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Honestly I feel like C9's roster issues weren't so much that they could only choose two of Impact, Rush and Jensen but that the replacements were Balls, Meteos and Hai's remains.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

It's a real shame the impact/rush/jensen lineup couldn't work out for next season. The current lineup could be really good if they could get any upgrade at jungler.

I really have no clue though who would be a good pickup at jungler at this point that's NA region.

EDIT: I've yet to watch any games with Contractz in it.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 29, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I can't blame them for signing Contractz because he's supposed to be a really big up and coming talent but it is sort of weird that given the opportunity the only player they tried to develop was at the one position where the team was literally stacked.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

rabidsquid posted:

Meteos is just too solo queue, and sometimes I think people overrate him because he's Korean. The fact is he's either uncoachable or doesn't give a poo poo because he had all split to learn to play anything but Zac.

IDK wtf your actual position is here but if C9 swaps out Meteos for Contractz next year I might have to be a C9 fan

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Yasss Doublelift

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

hey what stupid thing did krepo say today

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is there even any midlane talent in NA? We got Bjergsen/Jensen/Froggen who are all european and then Pobelter who for all his talent really isn't known to show up in big series' and then that gaping void.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Is contractz eligible for 2017? I thought you had to be 18 the entire season.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Is contractz eligible for 2017? I thought you had to be 18 the entire season.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
At least they didn't try to interview Jensen while he was crying like they did to Forgiven that one time

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Dark Passage taking an early lead against the normally good-early-game having Chiefs by repeatedly abusing ADC Raes. I guess Raydere wanted to retire but Raes does not seem like a good replacement. Not against Legacy in the OCE finals and not here.

Edit: CHF Swiffer makin Syndra look really good though in case y'all want to see more of that.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Wol posted:

IDK wtf your actual position is here but if C9 swaps out Meteos for Contractz next year I might have to be a C9 fan

The joke is that you replace Meteos with Rush.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there was an absolute poo poo load of Syndra played during the LPL playoffs

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wol posted:

Let me rephrase that so you can understand the joke they were making

quote:

Rush is just too solo queue, and sometimes I think people overrate him because he's Korean. The fact is he's either uncoachable or doesn't give a poo poo because he had all split to learn to play anything but Lee Sin/Nidalee.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Doublelift carrying clg to world's as usual

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Wuxi posted:

Is there even any midlane talent in NA? We got Bjergsen/Jensen/Froggen who are all european and then Pobelter who for all his talent really isn't known to show up in big series' and then that gaping void.

Pobelter was on clg the only time they ever looked like a force to be reckoned with last year and since then it's been clpee 24/7

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There was no talent in NA at all and TSM unearthed Biofrost. So yes there's mid lane talent in NA but whether or not anyone is going to bother trying to find or develop it, well, we all know they won't.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Asema posted:

Let me rephrase that so you can understand the joke they were making

Thanks everyone for explaining the joke to me, which is definitely what I said I didn't understand. Heads up

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
I don't really like Dark Passage right now since they're not able to field the players they qualified with, but these guys Elwind and Immortoru are lookin pretty good.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Wol posted:

I don't really like Dark Passage right now since they're not able to field the players they qualified with, but these guys Elwind and Immortoru are lookin pretty good.

Chiefs just can't get a break, can they :sigh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Apparently at the post game press conference Doublelift said IMT intentionally didn't scrim against TSM, hoping they'd lose to C9 and IMT wouldn't have to face C9 in gauntlet .

Seems like a dumb move on their part.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 29, 2016

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Pobelter was on clg the only time they ever looked like a force to be reckoned with last year and since then it's been clpee 24/7

Also the fact that at MSG CLG 3-0 TSM, Pobelter was a monster that whole series. Doesn't get any bigger than CLG/TSM finals at MSG. The idea that he doesn't turn up in big series is bs. TSM deciding to give him Viktor all three games that series was whole another story.

Having just finished watching today's finals. Meteos definitely deserves all the crap he got. The Zac pick was so random. I think if he wanted to play Zac they could have just picked first game because TSM's comp had 3 ap champs and rushing spirit visage on Zac is ridiculously good. Also Elise was up all series and Meteos didn't pick her once. Meteos pretty much phoning it in this season by playing easy frontline champs like Reksai/Gragas. His reksai doesn't look good like Reignover or Dardoch, his Gragas isn't good like Xmithie or Svensekeren. He wants to just play tanks but his elise was one of his best champs.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Max Coveri posted:

Chiefs just can't get a break, can they :sigh:

If OCE would smarten up and just send Legacy to the IWCI/Q already, the region would actually win something. :colbert:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jerkface posted:

Apparently at the post game press conference Doublelift said IMT intentionally didn't scrim against TSM, hoping they'd lose to C9 and IMT wouldn't have to face C9 in gauntlet .

Seems like a dumb move on their part.

spring 2016 coach of the split dylan falco right there. 33-3 reg season, 2-2 playoffs.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
holy loving poo poo
https://twitter.com/lol_tyler1/status/770045246210240512

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012