Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

IceOrb posted:

Sweet more backseat op ideas.

Willard "King" Richter

Defender - 3 Speed - 1 Armor

Twitch/Lesion hybrid. Gets drones that are actually quite literally rats that run around and bite ppl with DoTs when they aren't sniffing out claymores and idle drones to chew through.

Psychological Profile posted:

Like many third string Rainbow Six operators, King suffers from severe emotional retardation likely stemming from traumatic middle school experiences in whatever 3rd world country Ubisoft decides he's from and now sexually identifies as a furry. He must be monitored closely.

His hard counter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAlBLj7u59A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

An operator who can suck his own dick.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

he's just permanently in a downed state because he can't be bothered to do anything else

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Request to change Op title to Rainbow 6 Siege: An Operator who can suck his own dick.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

IceOrb posted:

Request to change Op title to Rainbow 6 Siege: An Operator who can suck his own dick.

+1

Orv
May 4, 2011

IceOrb posted:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How the gently caress do I not get shot immediately in firefights, I've never been this much of a deer in the headlights in a videogame before, its weird!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I still feel much the same way. Don't feel bad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
If you know someone's there you can either let them come to you, which means they might have peak advantage, or you can push them and prefire, if you're close enough to do that. A lot of it is just map knowledge, which is going to come over time and is something you can't really force. Knowing where they lean out, where the gaps in the map are, what cover you can shoot through, etc.

For now focus on that old CS trick of keeping your gun at head height when you're covering a corner and be ready to spray and control the recoil.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do you tend to ADS when turning corners? maps is definitely one to learn but I'm finding it tricky to recognize what exactly I'm looking for or at. I'm not great at pixel picking in games and it's felt like one of my barriers I keep bouncing off playin this game. Me and a buddy play a bit of T-Hunt now and then but we want to play some multi too and it feels like we get clowned. We usually laugh a lot doing it which helps but it's still savage!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yo why hasn't the thread title been changed.

What the gently caress, Hard.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Do you tend to ADS when turning corners? maps is definitely one to learn but I'm finding it tricky to recognize what exactly I'm looking for or at. I'm not great at pixel picking in games and it's felt like one of my barriers I keep bouncing off playin this game. Me and a buddy play a bit of T-Hunt now and then but we want to play some multi too and it feels like we get clowned. We usually laugh a lot doing it which helps but it's still savage!

Depends on if I'm going to be looking down a long hall or a small room when I go around the corner, so again map stuff. Generally to start you should probably keep your gun down so you can see what's there as best you can and just try to get used to starting to shoot as you bring the gun up, not once it's up.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Orv posted:

Depends on if I'm going to be looking down a long hall or a small room when I go around the corner, so again map stuff. Generally to start you should probably keep your gun down so you can see what's there as best you can and just try to get used to starting to shoot as you bring the gun up, not once it's up.
Ah ok, that is something I've not been doing and I tend to settle the sights before I pull the trigger. I'll break that habit. Does ADS recoil modifiers take place immediately before the weapon has settled?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Ah ok, that is something I've not been doing and I tend to settle the sights before I pull the trigger. I'll break that habit. Does ADS recoil modifiers take place immediately before the weapon has settled?

Yeah. Siege does the same thing CoD does where if you start pulling the trigger as you bring the gun up the first couple rounds will go straight where the ADS crosshair will be as it settles, so once you know where the center of the screen is while hip firing you can react ADS headshot a lot better.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

gently caress yes!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

You're welcome.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Prime example of Discord humor, right there

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Result!

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
My thread :catstare:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah but can you put it in your own mouth?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hibana does not care for Spring Break.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hard posted:

Our thread, friend.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

IceOrb posted:

I look forward to a Siege version of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgMIkKE17bs

*EDIT*

Sweet more backseat op ideas.

Attacker OP: Sam Fisher

Has no lethal weapons, is played in third person, has all moves that he had in his prime (Chaos Theory), can interrogate people like Caviera. Only way he can kill someone is after an interrogation.

No joke, i would love a game mode like this from MGS4's online mode. You had a deathmatch mode going on between 2 teams and then you had 1 person as Snake as a 3rd party trying to win by holding up/interrogating people for their dog tags and if he got 3 in a row he would win. Bonus points in that you could have a second player control his shock drone buddy that could turn invisible and bring tags back for you.

Hard, please make this a reality. I want to play Splinter Cell: Seige so badly now :sigh:

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Chaos Theory era Spies vs Mercs in the Siege engine please.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Jedrick posted:

Chaos Theory era Spies vs Mercs in the Siege engine please.

Omg gently caress yes

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The fact nobody has managed to recreate spies vs mercs that well is quite sad.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Lets not get ahead of ourselves here folks. They still need to fix the game.

Haha, the thread title.

tjones fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 8, 2017

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Hard posted:

I'm... I'm sorry...

We're sorry...

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not. :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jehde posted:

I'm not. :colbert:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm sorry you're upset.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is the audio just insanely hosed up for anybody else? It's near impossible to figure out where people are coming from now.

edit: additionally what the gently caress is this poo poo
https://streamable.com/lxndv

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 8, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

edit: additionally what the gently caress is this poo poo
https://streamable.com/lxndv

This patch.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmoggyResilientHeronPeoplesChamp

Watching this back in slow motion I'll accept that I whiffed a shot between jackals legs and hit the planter on the left but at this range it should not have taken nearly the entire mag to down him.

He was able to fully revive his teammate while every shot was just loving phasing through him.

Also the sound is substantially worse now. I'd feel alright making confident callouts based on audio cues alone before but now we've had enemies be below a target when they were actually up above.

Same thing for left and right, it's just all over the drat place.

It's honestly as if every wall, window, and door is down at the same time.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
@Hard: consider your game fixed imo :h:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8p483C2crg

um holy poo poo? finally got my first legendary after opening like at least a pack a day since they came out and it was the exact one i always wanted :tfrxmas:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The new thread title is goddamn awesome. Can't wait for the next payroll to come so I can suck at playing this game while my operator sucks his own dick.

If an operator is female but sucks her own dick... is she a futa operator?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Rainbow 6 Siege: http://i.imgur.com/GdOjzzU.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Man I must suck at this game because I haven't noticed any problems and have actually been doing really well since the patch.

• Locked thread