Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

Disgaea 2 now exists on PC. You should all buy it.

I want more grinding games but I've heard I should wait for later entries to the series

this is my invitation for everyone itt to dump their opinions on Disgaea 2

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

I want more grinding games but I've heard I should wait for later entries to the series

this is my invitation for everyone itt to dump their opinions on Disgaea 2
2's good

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
All disgaea games are good, and they just keep getting better.

Still like the 1st soundtrack best though.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

there is no ethical space travel under capitalism

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
But what about space capitalism?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I thought the PC port of Disgaea 1 was broken as gently caress.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

But what about space capitalism?

If we were at the point where Space Capitalism could be a thing, we'd also have the resources and elbow room to end scarcity as a concern for thousands of years. No need for capitalism.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Vargatron posted:

I heard this port is better. idk though I don't have them, I don't think I could stand to replay 1 or 2 again

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Red Minjo posted:

If we were at the point where Space Capitalism could be a thing, we'd also have the resources and elbow room to end scarcity as a concern for thousands of years. No need for capitalism.

So, full communism... sometime.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vargatron posted:

The initial launch was poo poo on many pcs, but they fixed most issues. Some fancy effects still don't work on some gpus but who cares, it's disgaea.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah nisa stepped up their game since then, phantom brave came out right after and it works perfectly

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ahh, the cute chapter

Miyako is just too adorable :kimchi:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

She is the best because she is always happy and a good singer and does not let being poor get her down.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

I rewatched the YKK ovas but all it did was make me /really/ want a full adaption

They did a good job with the art and I thought it captured the tone pretty well for the most part

Knorth fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 31, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Spiritus Nox posted:

She is the best because she is always happy and a good singer and does not let being poor get her down.

:yeah:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Disgaea PC kinda released in a beta state tbh. It worked fine on my pc, but on many it just straight up wasn't playable. They probably shouldn't have done that, but I imagine NIS didn't have the resources or knowhow to do better, seeing how they were a console exclusive developer until very recently.

They worked with people though, and really tried their best to fix everything for as many people as possible, and Disgaea 1 works great now for pretty much everyone I know. Some older gpus will bug out if you enable stuff like HBAO, but I imagine they'd do the same in other games. Also signed up for linux disgaea 2, hopefully that actually happens so I can play it on my chomebook. I can finally dump my vita then.

Knorth posted:

I rewatched the YKK ovas but all it did was make me /really/ want a full adaption

YKK ova 2 has a really really good soundtrack, but what I love about the first ova even more is how there's no background music at all. It's just ambient sound and whatever is happening on screen and it's so, so good and relaxing.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

parts of nichijou are pretty funny but parts of it are also really unfunny

Any airship scene is a good time to leave and get a snack.

quote:

maybe i just dont "get" japanese humor

It's very good, but there is also a lot of Japanese wordplay that doesn't come through (or just might be too difficult to translate).

Like, I adore the "go buy ink" scene but I have no idea what the hyacinth part is all about.

mongolia
Jan 18, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

The little frown :3:

aaaa~

lol poor Hiroki

The Wakako-eats-at-home chapter is extremely good

Food science fact

I love Wakako

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Truga posted:

YKK ova 2 has a really really good soundtrack, but what I love about the first ova even more is how there's no background music at all. It's just ambient sound and whatever is happening on screen and it's so, so good and relaxing.

Yeah, that was exactly my thinking watching the 2nd ova too, the music was nice enough but the silence in the first one was just perfect

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This has been another instalment of Knorth Watches(or Reads) Things.

Thank you for your time.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

as-salamu alaykum

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Knorth posted:

This has been another instalment of Knorth Watches(or Reads) Things.

Thank you for your time.

Always a pleasure.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

fun ftac: suika's gourd has a slimy newt thing in it that turns water into alcohol

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
One day, people will actually start using the many-possible-tracks-per-video thing that's been a thing for decades now and I'll be able to watch things with music turned off and just listen to the amazing sound design!

like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtOJHbxQII

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

El Burbo posted:

fun ftac: suika's gourd has a slimy newt thing in it that turns water into alcohol

What happens if she drinks the newt

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Truga posted:

One day, people will actually start using the many-possible-tracks-per-video thing that's been a thing for decades now and I'll be able to watch things with music turned off and just listen to the amazing sound design!

like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOtOJHbxQII

Is that what the angle button was for in Toy Story 2? I never saw an actual use for that button on any DVDs.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

El Burbo posted:

I want to make friends with that newt thing

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dryzen posted:

What happens if she drinks the newt

a) it wouldnt fit through the hole

b)i misrembered, her gourd is only coated with sake salamander extract, it doesnt actually have one in it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Red Minjo posted:

Is that what the angle button was for in Toy Story 2? I never saw an actual use for that button on any DVDs.

Angles are mostly used for actual camera angles. Usually you'll see that on, say, live concert discs or similar events where there's tons of angles to see at any time. No idea what it does in toy story, but it's possible to use angles to only switch audio tracks afaik, so it's definitely possible.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the only time I ever saw the angle button actually do anything was a golf video, you could watch the man swing his club from the back OR from the side

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ihuntmoe/status/826493849786671104

I quite like the character designs/animation in Gabriel Dropout.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, multiple tracks/angles is a very rare thing, which is unfortunate. Japanese especially love packaging only a couple episodes per disc (used to be just 2 on dvd and now like 4-6 on bluray) so cost per episode ends up being hilariously broken. The least they could do was package in some extra audio tracks onto all that drat empty space.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

she says it doesnt taste great, but thats why she pairs well with big ol yuugi

because while suika has the infinite sake gourd, yuugi has

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Knorth posted:

Hidamari

What chapters are these from? I don't remember any of them.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

sinky posted:

What chapters are these from? I don't remember any of them.

Happy Cooking Class is chapter 33, Yuno's parents drop by in 34 and Miyako gets a cat in 35

A powerful run of chapters

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Thank you.

I think thats volume 3. I've got the ebook but haven't read it because all the non color pages look like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Woof that's pretty bad

and yeah, those were all vol.3

• Locked thread