Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Skoll posted:

I think they just don't want to gently caress with the Unreal models, but I could be wrong. Regardless, it's fuckin dumb and I doubt the devs have fired either of these rifles. I am also a massive sperg.

I would kinda think that at the point where they are rolling in millions of dollars in sales that maybe that can do better then stock models. Not saying its important to deal with instead of getting the game to run less lovely, but yea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
They also just put in a 9mm weapon last patch, and 7.62 needs another assault rifle. I would think it's a safe bet it's 7.62.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

The red zone needs a serious rework, either make it kill you a lot more often so it's an actual risk to trudge across or remove it completely. It just feels like bullshit when it gets you 1/1000 times and it's not a good experience at all.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i think it's hilarious

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vasudus posted:

They also just put in a 9mm weapon last patch, and 7.62 needs another assault rifle. I would think it's a safe bet it's 7.62.

:siren: PLAYERUNKNOWN HIMSELF ANNOUNCED THAT IS WAS A 7.62 AT E3 EARLIER TODAY :siren:

As i posted while I was watching it earlier

funny Star Wars parody posted:

In the event he said that t is 7.62mm

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

The red zone needs a serious rework, either make it kill you a lot more often so it's an actual risk to trudge across or remove it completely. It just feels like bullshit when it gets you 1/1000 times and it's not a good experience at all.

Monster Weenie Monday is over at Super Weenie Hut Juniors, not the regular Weenie Hut Juniors

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

rework it to be mapwide

so I'm thinking about getting this game, I have a question about teams, is it like teams get put against other teams, solo ques against other solos? does it care how big your team is? or is it like, everyone goes in all at once no matter team size

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Can we get the VSS out of crates please? This gun has no business being in crates. Crates are a high risk item - the reason to go after crates is getting diluted by substandard items that people will optionally not even pick up in a normal loot spawn.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

If i turn effects down will i still hear footsteps?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

rework it to be mapwide

so I'm thinking about getting this game, I have a question about teams, is it like teams get put against other teams, solo ques against other solos? does it care how big your team is? or is it like, everyone goes in all at once no matter team size

Yeah, Squad games are all squads vs squads, Duos is all duo vs duo, Solo is every man for himself unless you're a lovely teamer :mad:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

rework it to be mapwide

Max teamsize is 4, you can queue as a solo into a squad match, otherwise assume duos are two and squads are 3-4

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

neat thanks dudes

if I can rope another buddy into buying it with me, I'm in, looks like fun

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Custom matches are being used to get twitch streamers subs. We all paid, we should be able to start our own custom matches.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Can we get the VSS out of crates please? This gun has no business being in crates. Crates are a high risk item - the reason to go after crates is getting diluted by substandard items that people will optionally not even pick up in a normal loot spawn.

Agreeing with this post, not that I ever get to crates because I'm a weak scared baby.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, it's funny to ambush a crate zone, kill everyone who comes by, then see it's just a VSS and Lv 3 helmet.

I think people I normally play with only grab the VSS now if they absolutely cannot find anything else.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I feel the same way about the Tommy Gun. I mean, it's the best SMG but it's still an SMG. Whenever my buddy goes for a dangerous crate I tell him "Enjoy your Tommy Gun" and he changes his mind.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

I'll grab a vss as a secondary especially if I don't have a scope for my main gun. The built in scope is nice for scouting.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I lucked upon a 4x scope, an AKM, and a silencer early game. It made the round almost like easy mode (2nd place, I kind of got glitched but was gg either way).

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

aniviron posted:

I feel the same way about the Tommy Gun. I mean, it's the best SMG but it's still an SMG. Whenever my buddy goes for a dangerous crate I tell him "Enjoy your Tommy Gun" and he changes his mind.

Is it? I feel like it's not as strong as the UMP at range, and the Micro and Vector win at super short range.

Also SMGs are great.

revolther
May 27, 2008
UMP is great, you've got like a 1 in 30 chance of finding an AR suppressor, but you're gonna find 50 smg suppressors. Embrace it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I like and use the Micro-Uzi often. Especially if I find an extended mag and stock.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

revolther posted:

UMP is great, you've got like a 1 in 30 chance of finding an AR suppressor, but you're gonna find 50 smg suppressors. Embrace it.

Myself and Aspergatory completely wrecked these dudes in a field yesterday with suppressed UMPs. It seriously is my favorite gun in the game and I hope they put the .45 version in.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They should make the tommygun a regular drop, just cap the magazine at 50, and don't let it take any optics like it currently is.

I've been swapping my UMP out for the tommy when I have the opportunity but I always end up regretting it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VulgarandStupid posted:

They should make the tommygun a regular drop, just cap the magazine at 50, and don't let it take any optics like it currently is.

I've been swapping my UMP out for the tommy when I have the opportunity but I always end up regretting it.

The inability to take optics makes me never want to get it.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
So this happened earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU_mBR_NFZ0

I'm the one being spectated. I had also just killed two dudes with a pistol, one of which hit me with a shotgun but lost that fight.

It should be noted we won a squad match immediately prior to this one, with only one of us being knocked out once. Perfect circles and two of us with suppressed and scoped Kar98K's.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 13, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

So this happened earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU_mBR_NFZ0

I'm the one being spectated. I had also just killed two dudes with a pistol, one of which hit me with a shotgun but lost that fight.

It should be noted we won a squad match immediately prior to this one, with only one of us being knocked out once. Perfect circles and two of us with suppressed and scoped Kar98K's.

Those were some pretty fun rounds. I still don't know how that guy didn't see you

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the best thing to do with the tommy gun and m249 is camp the crate and explode cars as they come near

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Skoll posted:

Myself and Aspergatory completely wrecked these dudes in a field yesterday with suppressed UMPs. It seriously is my favorite gun in the game and I hope they put the .45 version in.

Supressors make going prone in grass far more viable. Crawled our way to victory. Also shotgunning that last treehugger for the CD was fuckin tits

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
More options to move out of houses is extremely good

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

I can think of a way worse experience and that's getting sent back to the menu every time you get caught in a red zone while running through some hills or woodlands

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's just enough leeway with red zones for me to pull sick donuts without dying usually

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

causticBeet posted:

I can think of a way worse experience and that's getting sent back to the menu every time you get caught in a red zone while running through some hills or woodlands

it has a pretty big delay before the bombing starts

just make sure it's enough to let you run out of the circle if you were in the middle when the zone popped up (it might be long enough already, I've run out from pretty far inside before, just not sure)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the radius of redzone bombs isn't very large, I was in a gun fight in the middle of one and the guy I was shooting at got hit by the explosion sprite but didn't go down

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the radius of redzone bombs isn't very large, I was in a gun fight in the middle of one and the guy I was shooting at got hit by the explosion sprite but didn't go down

yeah they couldn't fix the unintended effect of dying inside a house due to redzone explosions owning you through walls/windows, so as a bandaid fix they nerfed the poo poo out of the explosions to the point where they're a joke

which makes this conversation mostly pointless since they'll be buffing the explosions back once they make sure houses are safe

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I timed it watching a shadowplay of a match. There's about 40 seconds from when the red zone shows up before it starts shelling. I've always had enough time to run out of it, the red circle lies and the area where explosions hit is smaller than what shows on the map.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Inspector_666 posted:

The inability to take optics makes me never want to get it.

I use the right-click hip fire enough that I could definitely see the use in a primarily spray-and-pray weapon

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

So far I've died to the redzone twice in my 120 hours. It serves no real purpose other than being an RNG nuisance in my opinion. It's stupid to have your game ended by complete RNG that you can't do anything about in some situations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Explosions are cool

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

So far I've died to the redzone twice in my 120 hours. It serves no real purpose other than being an RNG nuisance in my opinion. It's stupid to have your game ended by complete RNG that you can't do anything about in some situations.

The only situation where you can't do anything about it and it's an actual threat is if you're pinned down behind a rock somewhere in the open and in that case you're largely responsible for getting into the situation and the only punishment is that you have a one in a thousand chance to die for about 30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
So far I've died to the other players 251times in my 122 hours 25 minutes. It serves no real purpose other than being an RNG nuisance in my opinion. It's stupid to have your game ended by complete RNG that you can't do anything about in some situations.

The only reason Red zone is considered a nuisance is because you know where its comming. It shoulnt even mark where it strikes, just announce it, so every single player needs to consider finding shelter or hope its not on him.

Paradigmata fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 13, 2017

• Locked thread