Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Anyone else getting random 3-5s lag spikes? Started since the patch. Not sure if related to Stukov

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've heard solid things about W build Xul, but how is skelebuild?

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

lordfrikk posted:

The new Malfurion's moonfire shotgun build is so fun. The best part is you can keep revealing stealthed characters all day long without running out of mana.

Having the moonfire talents early instead of late was a good design decision. Like Tyrande, Uther and Li Li he brings a lot more to the table than just heals, and he does it all match long. The only downside is that I get really :spergin: about getting every single creep kill and have a hard time leaving my lane to do anything. Like Butcher or any of the heroes that have a lvl 1 quest where you gain AA damage for each creep that dies near you. I CANT DO THE OBJECTIVE I NEED TO GET MAX STACKS I CANT LEAVE MY LANE

Speaking of Tyrande, I love her rebuild as well. So many viable builds and a massive skill ceiling. I've practiced enough to get really good at owl laser shots. In one match I got a triple kill at the enemy core from dead center of the map. I had almost 80 sentinel quest stacks at the end. I really want to try that build with a Chromie and/or Azmodan. Turn a 5v5 into a 5v3 before it even starts.

Nephzinho posted:

You should be stomping Val when playing D.Va, your boost breaks her stealth and then you just run her down while gunning. Likewise, Varian shouldn't give you too much trouble as long as you hoof it on foot until he blows his charge and THEN you boost, first towards him to knock him back and then actually away.

Positioning yourself for good AA requires a lot more thinking with D.Va than most heroes. It's the same as Tychus's Overkill. Lucio and Tracer AA work the same way but no splash. Once you get the hang of it, you can deal excellent AoE sustain damage. To make things more difficult, you want to position your meka for body blocking when needed. Don't overcommit to body blocking with random teamates though. It's one of those things that go to waste when your team isn't coordinated. If you queue with a Lucio you can combine his Q push and double body block people for some really satisfying kills.

If you find yourself constantly getting dived with no escape, save your boosters to disengage. Defense matrix will not save you if multiple heroes dive on you for a kill.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jul 12, 2017

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Never not draft Stukov against D.Va - just had him Massive Shove a nuclear Meka outta town for a clutch play.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SirSamVimes posted:

I've heard solid things about W build Xul, but how is skelebuild?

Sustain is different since you no longer gain health simply by making skeletons but they actually have to attack people, on the plus side health + mana is now a single talent. Going for skeletons now seems to involve taking the bone prison that slows at level 1 since attacking disabled targets lowers the CD on bone prison, and so you pick up Jailers which gives you more skeletons when you bone prison, etc.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Xul's CDR level 20 doesn't seem to work at all.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Predicting -20 seconds for Flail Ult, +10 for Shove, -20% healing overall, self-root cooked into E, healing on Patient Zero reduced to 50%. And even then he'd still be fun as hell. Love my Zerg Russian.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Bogart posted:

Predicting -20 seconds for Flail Ult, +10 for Shove, -20% healing overall, self-root cooked into E, healing on Patient Zero reduced to 50%. And even then he'd still be fun as hell. Love my Zerg Russian.

What do you mean by "self-root cooked into E"? Isn't he already immobile while channeling E until he cancels it by moving?

(Or do you mean that he should have to hit E to cancel it?)

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
He's so incredibly good and enabling. Being able to simply silence a massive area outright is nuts

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

God getting a kill with massive shove is so good

signalnoise posted:

He's so incredibly good and enabling. Being able to simply silence a massive area outright is nuts

He rules against lovely sieged hammers

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Stukov seems pretty great so far for team fight comps

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Coolness Averted posted:

I wouldn't buy a hero with gold at the 15k mark, it's a 30% price drop in 2 weeks. If he gets nerfed to the ground that's all the more reason NOT to buy him now.

What else is there even to buy with gold? I seem to always have like 25-30k gold and I think I only buy heroes with it.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Stukov seems pretty great so far for team fight comps

He is though he sucks on warhead junction, at least in my experience. He just isn't with the full team enough

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Xul is such a big bully now.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Magna Kaser posted:

What else is there even to buy with gold? I seem to always have like 25-30k gold and I think I only buy heroes with it.

Crate rerolls and other heroes. It kinda makes sense if you're pretty much filled up your roster/play enough to get more than 15k between hero releases though like BrianBoitono or you said. After all what else are you gonna buy? If you wanted skins and cosmetics rerolls make sense if only to get more shards from higher rarity items.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

blastron posted:

What do you mean by "self-root cooked into E"? Isn't he already immobile while channeling E until he cancels it by moving?

(Or do you mean that he should have to hit E to cancel it?)

I mean if he hits E, he is locked into a root for X seconds. Even if he cancels it, he's rooted for that time. Kinda Hammer siege esque.

e: this is part of my suggestion for a sanely nerfed Stu, not what he is right now

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Okay, Greymane is probably my favorite Assassin now. Yeah, he's a one-trick pony, but drat he knows that one trick. Cursed Bullet is amazing. "Oh, you just Avatar'd, Muradin? No, you didn't, sorry."

And yeah, Stukov is probably still gonna be a ton of fun after he eats the inevitable nerfs. Massive Shove and Lurking Arm by themselves would be fun as hell, but then you throw in Teamwide Ancestral and it's just gravy.

E: Level 20 talent: Lurking Arm now acts as an actual Lurker, sending out a row of spines at the nearest enemy (heroes prioritized) every second.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jul 12, 2017

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Glad I get to ban the new hero every single game. Again.

ElephantCrave
Jan 28, 2013

Lprsti99 posted:

Okay, Greymane is probably my favorite Assassin now. Yeah, he's a one-trick pony, but drat he knows that one trick. Cursed Bullet is amazing. "Oh, you just Avatar'd, Muradin? No, you didn't, sorry."

And yeah, Stukov is probably still gonna be a ton of fun after he eats the inevitable nerfs. Massive Shove and Lurking Arm by themselves would be fun as hell, but then you throw in Teamwide Ancestral and it's just gravy.

E: Level 20 talent: Lurking Arm now acts as an actual Lurker, sending out a row of spines at the nearest enemy (heroes prioritized) every second.

Greymane is my go to carry in HL but there is nothing appetizing about picking something that isn't cocktail build.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I've had an unplayed level 1 Samuro that I got from a loot box sitting with my Heroes for weeks. I just tried him out for a few games and holy poo poo, he might not be good in upper play but he destroys QM. They should just rename him Noobsmasher.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Well he's a stealth hero, they probably thought it went without saying

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Lprsti99 posted:

I don't think he really even is a one trick pony. I realise he has no forms of CC or sustain, but he has amazing wave clear, good ranged sustained damage, obscene burst, and with cursed bullets, he can really blunt the front line. Add on to that the fact that he's one of the best at killing objective monsters and you have a really well rounded damage option that fits into almost any comp. He works extremely well as an early pick.

Going back to Cursed Bullet, there's a lot more versatility to it than immediately meets the eye. It's important to note that it puts you in human form, which lets you do stuff like use it simply to get into human and dark flight for a potentially unexpected gap closer. On top of that, even though it screams "use me on a tank", you can also almost one shot squishies with it.

Finally, if you havn't tried it, try out unfettered assault at 13, it's one of my favourite lesser picked talents.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eraflure posted:

Glad I get to ban the new hero every single game. Again.
I know other game auto-ban new heroes for a week or two after launch, it'd make sense to do that here but whatever

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Would make more sense to play a grand total of one game with Stukov, see he's extremely OP and nerf him before he goes live but gently caress PTR I guess.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Khaba posted:

I don't think he really even is a one trick pony. I realise he has no forms of CC or sustain, but he has amazing wave clear, good ranged sustained damage, obscene burst, and with cursed bullets, he can really blunt the front line. Add on to that the fact that he's one of the best at killing objective monsters and you have a really well rounded damage option that fits into almost any comp. He works extremely well as an early pick.

Going back to Cursed Bullet, there's a lot more versatility to it than immediately meets the eye. It's important to note that it puts you in human form, which lets you do stuff like use it simply to get into human and dark flight for a potentially unexpected gap closer. On top of that, even though it screams "use me on a tank", you can also almost one shot squishies with it.

Finally, if you havn't tried it, try out unfettered assault at 13, it's one of my favourite lesser picked talents.

His W build is pretty good if you're on a map with a bunch of PvE poo poo going on. I'll take it on BoE or ToD and chew up the immortals or a tower really fast. You lose out on a lot of poke though, don't take it unless it'll be useful.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Honestly, we should expect brand new heroes to be unbalanced. It would just be a spectacular waste of resources to try and balance a new hero based off of internal testing and QM data on PTR, when you're going to have thousands of competitive ranked games providing you all the input you need as soon as you release him. I can't even fault them for not doing that.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I think they intentionally overtune when they are new. Who wants to spend $10 or 15K gold on a Hero and have him be mediocre? You'd get tons of people crying about how they want their money back or immediate buffs. Look at the D3 Necro for example.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
More Li Li talk:

I spent a few days trying level 16 talents that aren't Safety Sprint and I didn't like any of them more. I feel like Sonic when that poo poo kicks in and you can outrun just about everyone not named Tracer. I wish the talent that made Blinding Winds slow was a different talent tier so you could get it and Safety Sprint to get away from Tracer, who has become my bane as Li Li. I'm trying to work on the ideal don't get poo poo on by Tracer build and it would be great to have the slow too.

241 made the cooldown on Healing Brew unbearable to me even with Kung Fu Hustle though there are games where I'm sure it's right. I liked Serpent Sidekick and it does add a lot of damage but I value the mobility and ability to avoid death that Safety Sprint provides.

Also I hate Stukov because he has a way to silence Jug with a stupid range. He's a dumb hero and I hope he gets nerfed into the ground despite this only happening to me once so far.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Alpha Mayo posted:

I think they intentionally overtune when they are new. Who wants to spend $10 or 15K gold on a Hero and have him be mediocre? You'd get tons of people crying about how they want their money back or immediate buffs. Look at the D3 Necro for example.

Devs specifically said they undertuned the Necro so people wouldn't whine if they implemented nerfs right after release.

Also about half the heroes in HotS are released underpowered and half are released overpowered.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Stukov is fun, good.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Lots of :words: and math about Stukov: Math of the Storm: Stukov

My take-aways:

quote:

The third spread is the halfway point on the original HOT, so in a reasonably clustered teamfight your Healing Pathogen will have fully spread after it passes the 6:00 mark on the original target.
He means 6:00 in the clock-face sense, i.e. ticked halfway around.

quote:

If you are trying to maximize overall healing on a target, you want to detonate in the last 0.75 seconds before the last tick of the effect. This will heal the target for 700 HP, as you get the first five ticks (40*5)=200 plus the 500 detonation heal. There is an audio cue to these last 0.75 seconds to help you, listen for the pitch to rise and increase in volume. If you are instead looking at the timer above their head watch for the healing number to pop up right after it passes the 9:00 mark on the circle.

quote:

For a Stukov doing mercenary camps, Lurking Arm on a single target does 82.44% of the damage his basic attacks, meaning once a camp gets down to a single mercenary it is more optimal to cancel Lurking Arm and instead use basic attacks.

High-skill-cap high-impact build, with explanation: https://heroeshearth.com/builds/chaosos/biokill-switch-spam/

e: FYI, if you want to proc Targeted Excision (pop exactly one weighted pustule), you don't have to aim for only one hero. You just have to pop it between its first hit and its second. If enemies are clumped, this can be easier than trying to hit only the hero on the periphery of the clump. It's just a bonus that your pustule also hits others this way.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 12, 2017

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
So does Universal Carrier just make him less micro-intensive at the cost of some HPS from his HoT, while leaving Bio Kill Switch healing alone?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Universal Healthcare makes him a filthy commie, go back to Canada with that poo poo. :911:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I used Grubbys Stukov build and it was super feast or famine. But I was playing on big maps with scrub tier win folk.

But man when Stukov is feasting he is feasting.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I used Grubbys Stukov build and it was super feast or famine. But I was playing on big maps with scrub tier win folk.

But man when Stukov is feasting he is feasting.

Do you have a link to that?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

http://www.robogrub.com/builds#stukov/0

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Alpha Mayo posted:

Do you have a link to that?

Looks like he updated it since last night. This is what it was:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/stukov#sjVr

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Do you just level bear talents with Rexxar? The other things seem way less useful than equivalent level bear talents, except maybe the +2 health every second one, and the boar ultimate.

I've been playing a lot of Rexxar lately. If I'm not on Black Hearts Bay I usually go with:

Lvl 1: Bird Of Prey - Great wave clear. Really helps targeting when enemies are fighting amongst minions. Once you get lvl 13 You basically clear waves instantly.
Lvl 4: Grizzled Fortitude - I personally like the armor, but the globe quest is a solid choice here as well. The mana per 2 seconds is a trap. It takes a huge amount of time to make a difference and if you die you basically negate this talent level.
Lvl 7: Taking Flight - Longer range for hitting enemies and minions. CD and mana return are a bonus.
Lvl 10: Unleash The Boars - Misha isn't the focus here. 300 Guaranteed spell damage, slow, and reveal is not too bad. If you can catch all 5 of the enemy team you can really slow them down.
Lvl 13: Wildfire Bear - Helps with wave clear, helps with minions, helps with DPS. Easiest talent choice at all levels IMO.
Lvl 16: Thrill of the Hunt -Getting Misha to prime targets is great. Also helps with chase. If you took Animal Husbandry at lvl2 take Feign Death here.
Lvl 20: Frenzy of Kalimdor - Might as well slow them down and kill them faster. If you took Animal Husbandry at lvl2 take Hardened Skin here.

If I'm on Blackhears Bay I go with:

Lvl 1: Easy Prey
Lvl 4: Hungry Bear - Can solo bosses here.
Lvl 7: Taking Flight
Lvl 10: Bestial Wrath - Bosses become trivial at this point.
Lvl 13: Wildfire Bear
Lvl 16: Thrill of the Hunt - I think Primal Intimidation is overkill here and prefer the utility of Thrill of the Hunt.
Lvl 20: Frenzy of Kalimdor

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Looks like he updated it since last night. This is what it was:

https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/stukov#sjVr

Looks like my link is missing the level 16 talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Radish posted:

Looks like my link is missing the level 16 talent.

pox pop all day