Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I think I agree on DT for Abdullah in that scenario.

I'm in a similar situation in my PPR league (Got Green, Allen, DT, Landry, and Garcon at WR) and want to move him for a RB. The OBJ owner is looking to acquire a WR. Would Lamar Miller or Kamara be a good return? And who would you all prefer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Butter Hole posted:

You're right but was anyone really reaching on Eifert??

One thing I realized this year was that if you draft a tight end early (like Gronk or Kelce) and they get hurt, it has a bigger impact on your team than if an early pick WR or RB goes down. If David Johnson goes down you can probably find someone like Aaron Jones or Buck Allen or something to slot in over him that will still get decent points, but tight ends you have to replace with another TE, and that drop-off is STEEP for the top guys. It may seem obvious to to you guys but I hadn't really considered this angle before.

That's a big, big reason why not drafting tight ends has become a mantra around these parts. Not only are their injuries more impactful, but their "down" weeks hurt more given your investment in them.

I wrote this last offseason with regards to tight ends and fantasy football drafts: http://theinscribermag.com/fantasy-football-2016-on-tyler-eiferts-injury-and-why-tight-ends-dont-matter/

The skinny on it is that you have almost equal odds of drafting a TE1 with one of the top-seven TEs by ADP as you do getting a season-long TE1 off the waiver wire.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I totally regret drafting Gronk. I could've had Amari Cooper instead!

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Tiptoes posted:

:same:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiptoes posted:

dont think I forgot you being aggressively in on jordan reed bb

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Tiptoes posted:

Lol. But if you had drafted Cooper instead, maybe you got Diggs or Hogan later in the draft/waivers. You probably have something to replace him with assuming you drafted properly since there's more depth at WR. While if you got Gronk, no way you landed Ertz or Clay (RIP) too right? Afterall, you have Gronk, so why roster 2 tight ends? Him going down hurts you more because now you're stuck hoping Evan Engram doesn't drop a donut again.

I still think Gronk or Kelce are worth it if they stay healthy all season, it just seems inherently more risky.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

I think I agree on DT for Abdullah in that scenario.

I'm in a similar situation in my PPR league (Got Green, Allen, DT, Landry, and Garcon at WR) and want to move him for a RB. The OBJ owner is looking to acquire a WR. Would Lamar Miller or Kamara be a good return? And who would you all prefer?

For Garcon? Sure, I guess. All three commodities are relatively hot but have question marks as to rest-of-season production.
Are you moving him for a RB to start now? Lamar Miller
Are you moving him for a bench RB? Kamara

VietCampo posted:

So Demarco Murray was in like 90% of the snaps this past week, but i'm not sure if that's due to Mariota being injured or if they are giving him more snaps finally at the expense of Henry. Anyone here know more?

I'm wondering cause i was fully ready to move on from him and just got an offer of Garcon straight up for him (just lost Odell) and was seriously thinking about taking it but then i looked up the snap counts and such and now hesitating. Thoughts?

I have way too many RB2/Flex. Dropped Odell for Wallace this morning.
1 PPR

Can't move Murray now. Down week plus no Mariota means its literally the lowest value of trade for him. Just wait a few weeks, he will inevitably go off and then you can move him for something much better. Like you said, he's obviously still heavily involved in the gameplan.

Here's our football absurdity defense streamer advice if, unlike me, somebody didn't drop Baltimore in your league

Here's Spoeank's take on whether to start or sit Wentz, this week. He did not weigh in on the potential advantage of having "From Wentz It Came" as a special Halloween-themed team name, though. He also has power rankings. I do not have a joke about that.

Also, our injury report was written by a guy who is convinced the government is intent on wrecking his fantasy team, which is exactly the broad-thinking kind of analytical mind you want advice from.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Butter Hole posted:

Lol. But if you had drafted Cooper instead, maybe you got Diggs or Hogan later in the draft/waivers. You probably have something to replace him with assuming you drafted properly since there's more depth at WR. While if you got Gronk, no way you landed Ertz or Clay (RIP) too right? Afterall, you have Gronk, so why roster 2 tight ends? Him going down hurts you more because now you're stuck hoping Evan Engram doesn't drop a donut again.

I still think Gronk or Kelce are worth it if they stay healthy all season, it just seems inherently more risky.

I grabbed Brate from free agency as soon as they said Gronk would play last week, because the Patriots are full of poo poo 99% of the time.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Drunk Nerds posted:

For Garcon? Sure, I guess. All three commodities are relatively hot but have question marks as to rest-of-season production.
Are you moving him for a RB to start now? Lamar Miller
Are you moving him for a bench RB? Kamara

Can't move Murray now. Down week plus no Mariota means its literally the lowest value of trade for him. Just wait a few weeks, he will inevitably go off and then you can move him for something much better. Like you said, he's obviously still heavily involved in the gameplan.

Here's our football absurdity defense streamer advice if, unlike me, somebody didn't drop Baltimore in your league

Here's Spoeank's take on whether to start or sit Wentz, this week. He did not weigh in on the potential advantage of having "From Wentz It Came" as a special Halloween-themed team name, though. He also has power rankings. I do not have a joke about that.

Also, our injury report was written by a guy who is convinced the government is intent on wrecking his fantasy team, which is exactly the broad-thinking kind of analytical mind you want advice from.

You should all know that Spoeank is wrong about Carson Wentz!

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Eiffert is done for the season.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

tonic posted:

Eiffert is done for the season.

Do I gamble on Kroft and try to grab him this week while on bye or get stuck using a waiver on him for the extra roster spot this week.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Do I gamble on Kroft and try to grab him this week while on bye or get stuck using a waiver on him for the extra roster spot this week.

This basically just comes down to "Do you need that extra roster spot?"

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

[quote="“VietCampo”" post="“477294168”"]
This basically just comes down to “Do you need that extra roster spot?”
[/quote]

More do I have the juevos to roster 2 te's lol

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

0ppr

Option 1:
Give:
E. Sanders, T. Coleman
Get:
Julio

RB's: Bell, Ajayi, Ingram, Coleman, Collins, McGuire
WR's: Thomas, Sanders, R. Matthews, Amendola

Option 2:
Give:
E. Sanders, M. Ingram
Get:
Evans

I'm not sure which rb I want to hold onto more. Ingram because he isn't a backup but also hate playing Thomas & Ingram. Coleman because he still scores points and is a great handcuff.

:help:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

0ppr

Option 1:
Give:
E. Sanders, T. Coleman
Get:
Julio

RB's: Bell, Ajayi, Ingram, Coleman, Collins, McGuire
WR's: Thomas, Sanders, R. Matthews, Amendola

Option 2:
Give:
E. Sanders, M. Ingram
Get:
Evans

I'm not sure which rb I want to hold onto more. Ingram because he isn't a backup but also hate playing Thomas & Ingram. Coleman because he still scores points and is a great handcuff.

:help:

Option 1.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

I am flush with elite to solid RBs in a 12 team standard:

Fournette
Hunt
Martin
Ingram
And now AP

I also have AJ Green as my top WR, but after that it's pretty bad to average - Bryant, Fuller, Tyrell Williams, Ginn, Mike Williams.

I told my league I was open for an elite WR for Fournette or Hunt, or a decent WR for the others. The offers that I am considering are:

Fournette for Jordy
Fournette for Julio

And I proposed Martin for TY

I am definitely tempted by the Jordy or Julio trades but I'm worried about Jordy's health and Julio's quarterback. Are any of these mash accepts or am I right to be cautious?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

tonic posted:

All aboard the Kittle train this week :science:

If you picked him up and also have Carson Palmer's favorite target, you'd be ....

Kittles n Fitz.

:rimshot:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Agreed

Rorobb posted:

Fournette
Hunt
Martin
Ingram
And now AP

I also have AJ Green as my top WR, but after that it's pretty bad to average - Bryant, Fuller, Tyrell Williams, Ginn, Mike Williams.

I told my league I was open for an elite WR for Fournette or Hunt, or a decent WR for the others. The offers that I am considering are:

Fournette for Jordy
Fournette for Julio

I am definitely tempted by the Jordy or Julio trades but I'm worried about Jordy's health and Julio's quarterback. Are any of these mash accepts or am I right to be cautious?

I probably wouldn't trade away Fournette or Hunt. This is 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex? You'll want to be starting a third RB almost always, so keeping Fournette and Hunt and flexing Ingram or Martin, as performance and schedule dictates, is a great spot to be in. None of your RBs behind the rookies are sure things, and standard scoring favors locking down a stellar RB corps and rolling with decent but not great WRs. If you get a taker on Ingram or Martin for a WR1, that's much more worth considering. Otherwise I'd keep your fantastic RBs, and get by with Green and Rotating WR2.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rorobb posted:

Fournette
Hunt
Martin
Ingram
And now AP

Fournette for Jordy
Fournette for Julio

You're crazy to trade Fournette or Hunt. I wouldn't trade either. That's a potential league winning 1-2 punch. And don't go expecting AP to put up 2012 numbers after this trade.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd say wait for Martin or Ingram to have a blow up game and try to sell high then.

I agree that keeping Hunt and Fournette could be a league winner.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Is anyone else feeling like Julio is just not going to stay healthy and have a good year? I'm having flashbacks of last year and AJ Green

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

lol the eifert owner tried to poo poo talk me to the whole league because I tried to trade him graham.

he... didn't know.

he's not responding to messages anymore.

Edit: he dropped Eifert :lol: still not responding to the group chat.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 12, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Butter Hole posted:

Because that thinking will get you into trouble. Don't get complacent or you'll get caught off guard by the chaotic nature of the game. You don't need to draft two or always carry a second one but I have no problem carrying a second TE1 if you can flex him. I'm not going to leave myself at the mercy of the waiver wire if I can help it. For instance, I've stashed Austin Hooper to back up Gronk while Sanu is out. Just means I carry one less receiver on my bench but I can always find useful receivers during the season.

Spoeank posted:

dont think I forgot you being aggressively in on jordan reed bb
I'll take the L on Reed; he's been far less effective than I hoped. But are there any TE owners feeling comfortable about their players aside from the Gronk, Kelce, and Ertz owners? Having a premium TE is paying off so far.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ertz was TE9 by ADP (round 8), Gronk already missed a game and Kelce had a 0.1 effort already and is probably gonna miss this week

:shrug:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Someone grabbed Ertz right after I picked Jordan Matthews :(

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Need some thoughts - I can move Ty Montgomery for Dez, in a standard 12-team league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/TE/WR flex.

I play the Dez (on bye) owner this week, who would probably swap Montgomery in for his current flex, James White, against me.

My current WRs are Larry Fitz, Martavis Bryant, Mike Wallace, Tyrell Williams, and Kendall Wright.

My current RBs are Freeman, Gordon, Montgomery, Aaron Jones (who could steal carries, if not the starting job, from Montgomery), Wayne Gallman and TRawls.

We're fairly evenly matched. The next RBs up on the waiver wire are Fat Rob Kelley and Eddie Lacy. (edit: Perine also available)

Pull trigger or stand pat?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank, I drafted Eifert 3 years in a row. To my credit, I dropped him as soon as he got hurt a few weeks ago instead of holding onto worthless hope like in the old days.

I have a similar question to the guy asking about trading away Fournette. Roster is below the text.

0.5ppr 2rb, 2wr, w/t, t, w/t/r

So I usually start an extra WR. And I am 2-3, hurrah!

The 1-4 guy has Hopkins and Evans on the block as long as he gets a proper RB in return. I'm trying not to offer CJ for Evans because it's fun being a homer (and same with him for CMC (lol) and Funchess).

1) Send Freeman, get Hopkins
2) Send Fournette, get Hopkins+Chris Thompson

The second one seems really unfair to me but I can't really balance it without taking back a worthless player.

e: yeah I have Fuller but he's expendable. I don't think he'll be that crazy every week.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 12, 2017

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

any words on DJ's injury? I have an offer for Amendola for DJ 1 ppr

My WRs right now are Jordy, Crabtree, Fuller, Rishard Matthews with Hyde and Zeke at RB (and Ellington)

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

poly and open-minded posted:

any words on DJ's injury?

Yes. https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/918274731308089345

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

In a 2QB, 0PPR, 4pt passing TD league which two QBs would you want for rest of season:

Brees, Mariota, Palmer, Wentz

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Kloaked00 posted:

In a 2QB, 0PPR, 4pt passing TD league which two QBs would you want for rest of season:

Brees, Mariota, Palmer, Wentz

Brees and Wentz

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress resetting waivers, and gently caress me for claiming Marlon Mack. Someone in my league just dropped Baldwin and I am nowhere near the priority to get him.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I'm trying to set up a trade in my Yahoo 8-team, 2QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex, 0 PPR, 4pt passing TD league.

My roster:
QB: Brees, Wentz, Mariota, Palmer
RB: Lynch, Gore, Ellington, Peterson, Allen
WR: Thomas, Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Garcon, Watkins
TE: Gronk

His roster:
QB: Wilson, Watson, Luck
RB: Bell, Martin, McCaffrey, Johnson Jr, Coleman, Johnson
WR: Nelson, Cooks, Benjamin, Parker
TE: Kelce, Reed

I'd like to get Martin from him since I lost DJ at the beginning of the year and Lynch hasn't been producing anywhere near where I had hoped. His initial offer was Luck/Martin/Coleman/Johnson Jr for Brees/Thomas, which I laughed at when I saw it. I'm almost sure he uses the Yahoo Trade Evaluator and believes it, so if I offer him Palmer/Lynch/Thomas for Martin/Nelson, it says that he comes out ahead. I'm going to start there, but in case he rejects it, any thoughts on an alternative offer I can make?

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 12, 2017

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Abugadu posted:

Need some thoughts - I can move Ty Montgomery for Dez, in a standard 12-team league with 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/TE/WR flex.

I play the Dez (on bye) owner this week, who would probably swap Montgomery in for his current flex, James White, against me.

My current WRs are Larry Fitz, Martavis Bryant, Mike Wallace, Tyrell Williams, and Kendall Wright.

My current RBs are Freeman, Gordon, Montgomery, Aaron Jones (who could steal carries, if not the starting job, from Montgomery), Wayne Gallman and TRawls.

We're fairly evenly matched. The next RBs up on the waiver wire are Fat Rob Kelley and Eddie Lacy. (edit: Perine also available)

Pull trigger or stand pat?

I made this exact trade (Monty for Dez) last week, right before Monty was injured (12 team, 1PPR). I'm happy with it and would make it again in a heartbeat, I also have Aaron Jones. Your WR core is pretty weak and you could use Dez. I also don't think this hurts your chances of winning this week--my guess is Monty doesn't play or is snap limited this Sunday based on the recent Rotoworld news. Aaron Jones has got to be taking some 1st/2nd down work from him even when his ribs do heal, right?

tonic fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 12, 2017

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Trading Monty and Powell for Hopkins last week is looking better every day.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Wish you jerks hadn't talked me into keeping Monty the week before he got hurt :mad:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My starting WRs are Jordy & Chris Hogan. Fitz in my flex.

Would it be an over pay to send Davante Adams & Fitzgerald for a banged up Julio?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

My starting WRs are Jordy & Chris Hogan. Fitz in my flex.

Would it be an over pay to send Davante Adams & Fitzgerald for a banged up Julio?

I think that's a good offer. Fitzgerald's schedule is brutal, especially in the playoffs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I like it. Is it standard or ppr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

RCarr posted:

Yea I like it. Is it standard or ppr?

0.3 PPR. I sent the offer 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Locked thread