Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Arsenic Lupin posted:

New artist: Guzusuru did the compositing. http://guzusuru.tumblr.com/

They're also the animation director for Hiveswap, it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

And the person who did "Lullaby For Gods".

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

paranoid randroid posted:

Roxy getting revenge on the fish-witch who killed her mom twice and terrorized her bestie was fairly freaking satisfying too

Yeah, that was a pretty great fight and a great kill, and Roxy is fairly deserving of it. Honestly plenty of other characters might've had a good claim too (the other Alpha kids for their own experiences on her hosed-up earth, Karkat or the trolls for Alternia, Jade for being mind-controlled, John for fruit gushers) but Roxy's grown into something of a leader and a fighter, so it's a good chance to live up to that. Also, if Jane is dead, that's some sweet revenge.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
Man reading through these, this animation has been worked on by a whole team for like a year, and they still had to cut back on stuff.

This sequence is way cooler than the final but way more work.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I honestly didn't expect Condy to die, especially thusly. Did we ever discover why she wasn't coming to attack them?

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

WAR FOOT posted:

I honestly didn't expect Condy to die, especially thusly. Did we ever discover why she wasn't coming to attack them?

The fact that she didn't win outright previously threw her for a loop, all her plans were dashed and she was scrambling to figure out how to deal with all the dangers coming in.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Trying to ask this while blurring my eyes to any other posts.

I see that the flash is being hosted on YouTube. Is the actual flash anywhere to be found or has it been a YouTube video the entire time?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

It was youtube from the start.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

DaveKap posted:

Trying to ask this while blurring my eyes to any other posts.

I see that the flash is being hosted on YouTube. Is the actual flash anywhere to be found or has it been a YouTube video the entire time?

There'll probably be a Flash uploaded after the traffic spike has died down, like how Cascade was ultimately handled.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Ariong posted:

The Condesce certainly did have the upper hand in the moments before Roxy dealt the killing blow (which, coming at an unexpected moment and happening offscreen, was a moment of her using her Void powers to their fullest potential)

She also used a weapon that no longer really means anything.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

And I agree, Jade being consistently drawn cute reduced the impact a bit.

I read that as intended to communicate how she was going about this. She looked to literally be trying to get the Becs to play with her. And for a while, it was working.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Granny Weatherwax wouldn't put up with this nonsense.

Because Weatherwax is always doing big magical things left and right, sure. That's totally not exactly the opposite of reality, where she usually does like one big thing a book...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The chasing him from universe to universe for 3 years non-stop kind of already shows us that determination.

She punched her good human best friend in the nose. Honestly, that shows MORE determination. Especially since once she started chasing, stopping would have meant being lost in the void forever. And her home universe was destroyed already.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Karkat said all he wanted to do was be a part of the battle, to do something even if it wasn't the most important thing. Taking out Clover was all he'd asked for.

He got more than that, too. He lead the charge against an unbeatable foe. That has real dramatic significance even if he was swatted aside like a fly.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Keiya posted:

I read that as intended to communicate how she was going about this. She looked to literally be trying to get the Becs to play with her. And for a while, it was working.

yeah thats what i got from the Jade sequences. shes not trying to fight them or whatever, shes playing with her dog(s) and having fun, just like Calliope told her to.

until she gets clocked one

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mazerunner posted:

Oh, John's just going to retcon back to the start, and go "ok we did it, but I think we can do it better. In less frames." and start speed running the whole thing.

Hopefully John will retcon to before you were all salty AF about Homestuck while he's at it

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So Terezi + Dave = King Crimson?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
That was powerful. I watched it twice.

But I don't think we are done just yet.

Also, the only real point of confusion I have was which side Spades Slick was fighting against? Against Union Jack, and Dave/Dirk/Terezi, or did they just get caught up in the fight between Spades and Union Jack?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

WAR FOOT posted:

She didn't become the dictator of a multiple-galaxy-spanning empire who reigned over her people with a solid gold fist until the end of the universe and beyond by making poor strategic descisions. Her entire plan was shot, her two big guns were out of commision, and she had lost the element of surprise. She needed to regroup and restrategize. She was bested by four of the kids with a little extra help, charging them all singlehandedly would have been suicide.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

yeah thats what i got from the Jade sequences. shes not trying to fight them or whatever, shes playing with her dog(s) and having fun, just like Calliope told her to.

The moral here is never have fun. Ever.

Still wanna know what Alt-Calliope's end game is.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Hopefully John will retcon to before you were all salty AF about Homestuck while he's at it

agree, let's go back to pre-act 6

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The moral here is never have fun. Ever.

Still wanna know what Alt-Calliope's end game is.

I imagine she took out the green sun. Turned off the lights.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Who What Now posted:

do you have me confused with someone else

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

You're both right. The original sketches make that more obvious to me.
http://imgur.com/a/D475s

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The update had a lot of cool fighting. It didn't solve a whole lot, but it was fun to watch and that's all I really want out of Homestuck at this point. Hope Spades Slick doesn't stay dead.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The update had a lot of cool fighting. It didn't solve a whole lot, but it was fun to watch and that's all I really want out of Homestuck at this point. Hope Spades Slick doesn't stay dead.

Awww, at least one person is satisfied :unsmith: it's an April 6th miracle.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kanaya probably did an extremely small amount of damage to Condesce since her weapon is basically level 1.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am happy. Characters got moments.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Keiya posted:

Because Weatherwax is always doing big magical things left and right, sure.

Wait, sorry, hold up.

This is literally, actually literally and not just figuratively, the exact opposite of Granny's entire character. Her entire deal is that she could do big magical things left and right, but explicitly and purposefully doesn't. Every single book she's ever been in has been about not using your powers to take the easy way out and instead taking the much harder way of being a person about it and actually solving the problem in a way that keeps the problem solved.

You really done goofed if the above was somehow your takeaway from any of Pratchett's books.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

I'm really happy with it, if only for the sprite-based Strifes reminding me of being impressed with the original ones back in the day.

Also I swear at some point a set of stairs is reflected in Dave's shades.

Comic fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 6, 2016

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I cannot wait for the world where this diseased ouroboros of a story is studied as a transcendent exemplar of internet storytelling.

I cannot wait because I will hang myself then, and I will finally be free.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
those sprite strifes made this entire animation. I mean all the good emotionfeels and glances and stuff too. But seeing all the Bad Guys brought down to a sprite format just made it feel that much more final and dramatic. Loved both LE and JE walking around all super slow just blowing out laser breath.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

GeneX posted:

I cannot wait for the world where this diseased ouroboros of a story is studied as a transcendent exemplar of internet storytelling.

I cannot wait because I will hang myself then, and I will finally be free.

They should study it. It's a shining example of what not to do when writing serial fiction and fiction in general, certainly

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They should study it. It's a shining example of what not to do when writing serial fiction and fiction in general, certainly

LITERARY DON'T: Make your audience care

Astounding it took us this long to figure out

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Kids should get off our lawn, too.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Alright, now that I've finished watching it, you should all know that I died and came back to life when the Undertale part happened.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

DaveKap posted:

Alright, now that I've finished watching it, you should all know that I died and came back to life when the Undertale part happened.

That part, and Dad Egbert punching through the wall both earned audible gasps and poo poo-eating grins from me.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I liked it, it was fun.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

people are allowed to like it

or think there was room for improvement

or think it was bad

Scary world we live in, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

stuff happened and no one had to torrent the flashes or anything it was great

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

WAR FOOT posted:

people are allowed to like it

or think there was room for improvement

or think it was bad

Scary world we live in, right?

I know right? I miss being part of a hive mind :saddowns: Why did that rear end in a top hat Picard have to blow up our queen and free us?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Arthur Crackpot posted:

That part, and Dad Egbert punching through the wall both earned audible gasps and poo poo-eating grins from me.
Yes, same at the dad part. Also just when the fights started and it was all pixely and Toby's music played, that got me super duper pumped and excited.

Edit: I'm thinking of finding some fight scenes and webm-ing them because this thing is gross full of tiny little cuts of crazy action.

Edit 2: Weird how the description of the YouTube video says "the final battle of Homestuck" uhh really? Don't we have Caliborn's lovely fight still?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 6, 2016

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I know right? I miss being part of a hive mind :saddowns: Why did that rear end in a top hat Picard have to blow up our queen and free us?

He was very adamant about where the line had to be drawn and would go no further. It was very rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Here, have the very first part of the awesome battle.
http://i.imgur.com/1lZLJlf.gifv