Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Give it to Finn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Roadblock.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz2k21 posted:

I kinda want to go through CM Punks run in WWE as his character intrigues me but I wasn't watching back then, where should I start with what's available on the network? Including old raws etc

I don't know if WWECW is on the Network yet, but start with his ECW stuff if you can find it there or Youtube or wherever else. His debut is pretty solid, and then you can skip up until his feud with John Morrison which is really great.

Really you could just go through his Best in the World DVD and it would give you all the essentials otherwise.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lady Naga posted:

Give it to Finn.

Finn's entrance is :perfect:, so no.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The "leather jacket flasher" intro is a marked improvement from "watch me crawl all over the ground like a goober" but it's still pretty dumb sorry.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

The "leather jacket flasher" intro is a marked improvement from "watch me crawl all over the ground like a goober" but it's still pretty dumb sorry.
wrong on like all three things you said here

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Now that the Ascension aren't even allowed to rise from the floor any more we need to give the Brood entrance to someone now more than ever and who better to give it to than Finn "JRPG antics" Balor.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Give it to Rhyno, have a vampire v werewolf feud with Baron Corbin that lasts for eternity

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Honestly with wrestlers being more and more into nerd culture a guy named after a Vampire: The Masquerade class would do pretty well these days.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

OK, I get if you dislike it, but you cannot watch stuff like 15 thousand people doing the arms with him in Brooklyn and not think that entrance is too over to change. And guess what, Undertaker being a literal zombie undertaker/evil wizard is pretty dumb also, but it got over too.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Undertaker wears pants

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

St Evan Echoes posted:

wrong on like all three things you said here

The leather jacket flasher thing is really, really stupid and he should stop doing it

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Gaz-L posted:

OK, I get if you dislike it, but you cannot watch stuff like 15 thousand people doing the arms with him in Brooklyn and not think that entrance is too over to change. And guess what, Undertaker being a literal zombie undertaker/evil wizard is pretty dumb also, but it got over too.

What I'm saying is that we need to make it dumber. The arm thing is alright but imagine if all those people instead bought goblets of "blood" and bobbed their head as he got to the ring?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I wish Finn's music was less generic

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 4, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Yeah the dumb production rock feat. violin is pretty uninspired.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's like the only good new theme

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like Finn's theme but not as much as I like Kevin "KO" Owens theme.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

epitasis posted:

it's like the only good new theme

Asuka, Joe, Sami, Bayley...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Joes music is fart noises and a toilet flushing

It's the best wrestling theme

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I too don't understand the very complicated genre of "trap".

I also somehow managed to forget Sasha Banks in my last post.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I like Finn's theme but not as much as I like Kevin "KO" Owens theme.
Owens theme sounds like a track from Quake 2

Cesaro's theme sounds like a track from Quake 3

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Lady Naga posted:

Asukas theme is literally 21st Century Schizoid Man so of course its good.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Give Balor a Venetian Snares track, in full.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah I have issues with how they've used Balor but that theme is fantastic.

Owens' is serviceable but sorta generic, like it could be a CAW theme in a video game.

All I can think about Cesaro's is that it's a drat shame he doesn't have his excellent old one anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZutoH-RIrN8

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sticklefifer posted:

What are some examples of cool entrance themes wasted on mediocre/lovely wrestlers?

The first one that comes to mind is Conor O'Brian's solo theme (apparently used without permission from That Noise, the band that performed it).

Chaz was only around briefly in the Attitude Era after Beaver Cleavage flopped, but during that time he had this awesome theme that sounded kind of like an instrumental for Beck's "Loser." Luckily, it was included in Wrestlemania 2000 for N64.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Thauros posted:

Yeah I have issues with how they've used Balor but that theme is fantastic.

Owens' is serviceable but sorta generic, like it could be a CAW theme in a video game.

All I can think about Cesaro's is that it's a drat shame he doesn't have his excellent old one anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZutoH-RIrN8

It's the opposite, KO's theme is fantastic and Balor's theme is generic CAW music

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There are few entrances that work as music in and of themselves.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

RacistGuidingLight posted:

There are few entrances that work as music in and of themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZj6Fnq4G4

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6zS6p8-1u0

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

American Males dot YouTube

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MrBling posted:

Asukas theme is literally 21st Century Schizoid Man so of course its good.

Why do people keep saying this. Its wrong!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

drat he had a nice rear end

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Lady Naga posted:

I too don't understand the very complicated genre of "trap".

I also somehow managed to forget Sasha Banks in my last post.

Joe's theme isn't even trap, it's pretty clearly inspired by Pharoahe Monch's "Simon Says".

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

RaceyBucket posted:

Why do people keep saying this. Its wrong!

It's blatantly based on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-Mk-Ysqbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us__Go30_kk

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lady Naga posted:

Apollo, Jordan/Gable (though very similar to Apollo's), Emma's heel remix, Enzo/Cass, and Stardust are all good new themes.

Apollo's original house show theme was pretty cool too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6b4fJTbrIk

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

During his Nation days it was just a weird move he'd do in the middle of matches. Just a running elbow off two ropes. He gradually added the taunt and more flourish to the elbow drop and fans were letting him know that they really liked it. He started talking it up and coined it as the People's Elbow in promos around the time when he was starting to get over as a face despite being in the Nation. I don't know if he ever used it to finish matches, but it was treated as a big deal as he rose up as a top face (who was still sort of a heel). That's when we got the spot where Undertaker sat up during the People's Elbow only to get kicked back down as well as Rock dropping the elbow on Vince. It looked like they were blowing their load on that last one, but that's because they were turning Rock full heel a few days later at Survivor Series.

As a heel, he kept calling it the Corporate Elbow, which helped push the move even more. The crowd was super into him being a face despite their insistence of making him the top heel and they finally folded to the pressure and turned him. Rock was finally a total face and not just a popular heel that they were ready to pull the trigger on and the People's Elbow was such an over move that he started using it as a finisher.

this is exactly right. he started using it as a finisher during that post corporation face run. it was quietly made his actual finisher as he started using it to put an exclamation point on a rock bottom instead of a spinebuster (as was the prior setup move to the people's elbow)

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Can I get a status update on some wrestlers that were recently in the WWE that I haven't seen for some time?

-Erick Rowan
-Damien Sandow
-Jack Swagger
-Mark Henry
-Batista

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

xcore posted:

Can I get a status update on some wrestlers that were recently in the WWE that I haven't seen for some time?

-Erick Rowan
-Damien Sandow
-Jack Swagger
-Mark Henry
-Batista

-Erick Rowan Raw on Monday
-Damien Sandow Employed
-Jack Swagger Raw on Monday
-Mark Henry Infrequently on Raw or Smackdown
-Batista Tong Po, not wrestling.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

xcore posted:

-Erick Rowan
-Damien Sandow
-Jack Swagger
-Mark Henry
-Batista

- now the 4th most important Wyatt
- Missing, presumed on superstars
- Owns a leather jacket
- Jobbing faster than ever in between his annual injury leaves
- Tong Po

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

xcore posted:

-Erick Rowan
-Damien Sandow
-Jack Swagger
-Mark Henry
-Batista

-Wyatt Family goon #3
-invisible jobber
-has emerged from secrecy, is now going to lose to ADR a lot
-Occasional monster face
-hollywood star