Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I do enjoy the attitude the zealots have in regards to refunds. "BAN THEM FOR LIFE FROM THE GAME!!!!" with torches and pitchforks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

darkarchon posted:

That good, yes?

Yes but I'd forward the entire exchange to the Verbraucherschutz already to get things rolling in case they double down.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

darkarchon posted:

That good, yes?

Excellent. Don't back down.

gently caress CIG.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

My name is a trolling word

MeLKoR posted:

Yes but I'd forward the entire exchange to the Verbraucherschutz already to get things rolling in case they double down.

I'll wait for their response now. It only took them 2 or 3 days for this mail.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sandi's CS training she gives to the CS staff consisted of one word.

LIE.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Engines in rage mode full ahead :argh: this loving support. Lying annoying fucks.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The guys at frontier straight up and said "This will be a 10 year project" and their scope is still a fraction of what CIG is coming up for their game. CIG hasnt even release EP1 of SQ42 and there are supposed to be 5! There is no part of the project as it is right now that you can look and go "This is complete" because even the ships are constantly being reworked when they figure out something hosed up in their flight system.

they aren't even devoting significant manpower/funds to pu anymore according to EightAces. so we all know that poo poo is on the backburner for the foreseeable future

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ben's 1-week work schedule:

Record an episode of Around the Verse. (This takes all day as Sandi struggles with her script every 30 seconds - thankfully edited out)

Livestream on Fridays. (This also takes all day to "research" all the available content)

The other 3 days are split between moderating one forum, eating, breathing heavily, and planning his exit strategy.

You have to be able to walk and reach in front of you (drat door knobs!!) for an exit strategy. Otherwise, Sandi will just unplug your Space Rascal and strand you in the streaming studio.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How lovely of a community manager for "the biggest Kickstarter fundraising success of all time" must you be to have typed out "Nothing I, nor anyone else in this company says can be taken as fact. If you want the truth, you must address yourself to Chris Roberts™."

Pre-empting this in case I miss the next livestream, someone please ask

"Why isn't Chris on here? I have questions that cannot be answered by anyone currently on the stream."

followed by

"If we can't trust Ben as fact-giver™ then why do you present yourself as such?"

Assuming you aren't banned within 20 seconds 'cause of "trolling"

I mean, God even let the Apostles write some of the Bible. Why can't Christ Roberts?

Oh, yeah, Sandi.

Right.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag posted:

I do enjoy the attitude the zealots have in regards to refunds. "BAN THEM FOR LIFE FROM THE GAME!!!!" with torches and pitchforks.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

StarbloodKiss posted:

This thread is legit scaring me since my parents have been using a pressure cooker for the past year. I didn't think it was a good idea but I swear, I think my parents are suicidal or something. First they bought a ton of guns, now theyre cooking with pressure cookers.

Have them cook with the guns and defend themselves with the pressure cooker. Fixed.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

LOL if you don't think half of CIGs fundraising has just been money laundering

That's a nice business you've been crowd-funding. Be a pity if anything happened to it...

Oh, you want I should cut you a break since you is offering me your actress wife?

Hey, boys, he's got no respect. Burn it all down!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

darkarchon posted:

:smuggo:

quote:

Hi rootdarkarchon,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am very sorry you felt the need to perform a chargeback, however chargebacks should only ever be used for cases of genuine fraud, where you have had no recollection of making the payment yourself. Using a chargeback as a means to gain a refund is a misuse of the system, and damages both us, and your own ability to use the payment provider in the future. Unfortunately if you decide to do this, I will have to take a note of this down to provide the information to Paypal.

I apologise that we cannot offer you a refund, however as stated by my colleagues before you are outside of the 14 day grace period and are not eligible for one. If you require any further assistance please let us know, thanks.

Best Regards

Amy
Billing Support Representative
Cloud Imperium Games
So SA, see this, what do?

That's unfair as there's no compelling evidence of genuine fraud as yet.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hah, we were reading the same threads when I made my post.

Yeah, great business strategy. I return a defective pressure cooker to Wal-Mart and they ban me for life. It's a privilege to shop at Wal-Mart and I'll regret not picking up the item ever again.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Agent "Disco" provided the crucial data: https://plot.ly/~Beer4TheBeerGod/33/star-citizen-galaxy-map/

Oh man. If they used some of your stuff, you really should consider issuing a DMCA takedown notice on their video.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Eldragon posted:

CIG isn't going to do it for the exact same reason Frontier didn't do it, and it has nothing to do with difficulty of deployment: Money. Private servers eat into the cash shop revenues.

Eventually CIG will announce private servers aren't going to happen, instead CIG is going to be working on some <NEW FEATURE> instead, and the "Citizens" will thank chris for it.

Ahhh... the good old 'would you rather us work on private servers or work on new content?' technique.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

AP posted:

That's unfair as there's no compelling evidence of genuine fraud as yet.

yeah you have to wait for another 6 years before it's clear they've taken your money and wont do anything with it

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tippis posted:

Presumably, it never really delivered.

It'll win races. Once it is out of alpha.

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

quote:

Amy (Cloud Imperium Games)

Feb 5, 08:42

Hi rootdarkarchon,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am sorry that I cannot be of further assistance, however as stated before you are outside of the 14 day grace period and are not eligible for a refund. If you require assistance with anything else please let us know, thanks.

So, chargeback it is?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

He's the glue holding this project together.

:golfclap:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

my eyes bleed

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

darkarchon posted:

So, chargeback it is?

Time to play the exciting new bonus module, Chargeback Commando!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow so cig blatantly lied about the use of chargebacks in that email, as well as threatened to tell PayPal on you (lol) in hopes you'd back down.

Do the chargeback. You won't get into any trouble with PayPal and you'll get your money back.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

darkarchon posted:

So, chargeback it is?

only if you want your money back

make sure to provide CIG's correspondence to whomever you end up contacting with paypal/bank, along with whatever else that is pertinent to the purchases you made and non-delivery of

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 5, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Looks like DogonCrook got probated

Doesn't say for how long though

Get inna thread commando o9

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yer in Texas, Fuzz, you know both are perfectly possible. Have some barrel-cooked strip-steak?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Colostomy Bag posted:

This would be a good spot to post that goons win flowchart if I didn't have to comb through a million billion posts to find it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Warcabbit posted:

Yer in Texas, Fuzz, you know both are perfectly possible. Have some barrel-cooked strip-steak?

Someone give me a recipe for "civil meat"

also pics please

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

darkarchon posted:

So, chargeback it is?

Where do you live? I honestly think that if you live in the US you are screwed, but if you live in the EU or in Australia the rules may be different.

Edit: Then again, I think you can make a good case that you've never received the product that was promised to you. It's becoming more and more obvious that the 'PU' was shoved out the door purely as a way for CIG to legally say that they delivered, thus disallowing chargebacks (in the US you can chargeback for products that you don't receive, but specifically can't chargeback something just because you don't like it).

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 5, 2016

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Someone should send derek smart that email response cause gently caress cig for making poo poo up and threatening to report him to PayPal.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Where do you live? I honestly think that if you live in the US you are screwed, but if you live in the EU or in Australia the rules may be different.

Dunno how PayPal works, I've dealt mostly with visa, mc, and amex. If it was a straight up credit card then he'd get his money back.

Maybe someone more familiar with PayPal policies knows better.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

HexDog posted:

You can also make cake, oatmeal, and all kinds of poo poo with a Zojirushi rice cooker. Plus it sings to you when it's done.

Seriously? Oatmeal? Boil water, add to oatmeal. Stir.

$120 to save me that work?

Seriously? You have that much money to throw away on useless stuff, you need to become a backer. Seriously.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Romes128 posted:

Dunno how PayPal works, I've dealt mostly with visa, mc, and amex. If it was a straight up credit card then he'd get his money back.

Yeah, I added some stuff with an edit. Basically, I think the laws in the US allow for a chargeback for a product that you purchased and haven't received but not for something you just don't like, which is likely why CIG pushed the half baked current version of the PU out the door.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Romes128 posted:

Yeah, even in the US credit card companies tend to side with the customer rather than the institution in my experience. PayPal, I have no clue on.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Romes128 posted:

yeah gently caress if i know how paypal operates when it comes to disputes. this is why i always make sure to make all significant purchases through a large enough institution where i know i can always contact representative or walk into a brick and mortar location

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
Paypal sucks!!!

darkarchon
Feb 2, 2016

Agrajag posted:

yeah gently caress if i know how paypal operates when it comes to disputes. this is why i always make sure to make all significant purchases through a large enough institution where i know i can always contact representative or walk into a brick and mortar location

I checked, and the first step is to try to do a resolution with the seller, in this case, Twin Bros GmbH. Guess what, I bet it gets denied there as well. Not sure if I should try it or not. It's only 44€ but still.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Samizdata posted:

Seriously? You have that much money to throw away on useless stuff, you need to become a backer. Seriously.

+ bowl and microwave, hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Samizdata posted:

Oatmeal : Peel foil lid, pour in hot water, wait, eat.

• Locked thread