Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elephant Parade posted:

Draw Back is great on ranged units, but Swap doesn't let you pull everyone out of an enemy attack range since the assisting unit will just take the place of the assisted one. It has its uses, but in general it's strictly inferior to the other two

It's really not. It's just used in different situations and works with less room than repo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Andrast posted:

It's really not. It's just used in different situations and works with less room than repo.
:shrug: There are fewer situations where it's useful, so it's worse. That's my take

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
My Peri at +5 so I would love more to add to the merge.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Swap is rightfully considered the best option on armors and other enemy-phase units where you don't necessarily want to get out of enemy range, but do want to switch who's taking point for an optimal matchup

For player-phase characters, you want to be able to slingshot as efficiently as possible and Repo is the best choice because it fills that function and the pulling-someone-to-safety function equally as well.

Draw Back has its uses but I'd take Repo over it in most cases.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I actually even like Repo on ranged units sometimes, and Selena giving a hero TA2 and Repo is one of the best ways to make a mediocre into a solid role filler in AA. Draw Back is strong too but I definitely prefer Repo. Swap is ok but it basically only goes on Armors for me and sometimes on tanks if I'm out or nearly out of Repos.

E: Of course I'm currently stuck on the garbage option, the double rally, for my arena team

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Of the rotating permanents that's basically just Fjorm occasionally, assuming the WTD enemy is a green mage. Alphonse had enough attack to make a go of it against low defense blues if he actually got the attack, but with him gaining Triangle Attack on his refine that's going out the window.

I'm just gonna do the +atk refine for Alfonse. He still gets brazen atk/def but without built-in triangle adept, so he should be able to hold his own against some blues.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Honestly best is just a mix of Reposition and Swap/Draw Back depending on your makeup. My enemy phase units run Swap, the others run Reposition.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I run Draw Back on Fae and have never wished she had anything else.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I more often use Draw Back as a way to move _forward_ into range on my Enemy Phase units.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I use Pivot on my armors. I can see how Swap would be more useful in specific situations, but I enjoy the ability to prance across the battlefield when necessary.

Also I think Reposition is significantly better than Draw Back in most situations, and find myself irrationally annoyed whenever I’m stuck with Draw Back instead (including on the units I built myself).

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Clarste posted:

I use Pivot on my armors. I can see how Swap would be more useful in specific situations, but I enjoy the ability to prance across the battlefield when necessary.

Also I think Reposition is significantly better than Draw Back in most situations, and find myself irrationally annoyed whenever I’m stuck with Draw Back instead (including on the units I built myself).

I love Draw Back until I get myself in a situation where Reposition would be better
and I love Reposition until a situation where Draw Back would be better

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Pivot sucks rear end imo

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
they're good on armors who could use the extra movement boost (lol)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I am just too attached to my mental image of all these guys in heavy armor playing leapfrog.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The best thing is to whale for L!Lucina, because Future Vision can replicate the effects of Drag Back and Reposition while having other uses. It also means you don't have to choose between SP maximization or having a movement assist, since Future Vision is both.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Dance is also a better Assist skill than Reposition.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I like Pivot better if you're not in an armor team(or at least with armor march). Maybe not with Armored Boots either but I haven't used them much honestly.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

golden bubble posted:

The best thing is to whale for L!Lucina, because Future Vision can replicate the effects of Drag Back and Reposition while having other uses. It also means you don't have to choose between SP maximization or having a movement assist, since Future Vision is both.

shame it's uninheritable though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The problem with Pivot is that it uses up the turn of the thing you're slingshotting. Ideally the slingshotted unit should still get a turn afterward to do something, unless it's an enemy-phase unit, in which case Swap is better anyway.

I briefly toyed around with Smite one time when I was out of Repositions to give my TT bonus units, and it is fine for one possible use of Reposition but not the other one. The use-case from its tactics drill where you're drop-kicking your allies across rivers and stuff is cool but extremely situational.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I use Pivot in an armor team without armor march, and I think it’s better than swap unless you’re in very tight quarters (to be fair that describes a lot of GHBs).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

shame it's uninheritable though

Nah, the game is way way better off if certain skills stay unique

Reinhardt and Lyn with Future Visions would give me an eternal stroke

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

loquacius posted:

I briefly toyed around with Smite one time when I was out of Repositions to give my TT bonus units, and it is fine for one possible use of Reposition but not the other one. The use-case from its tactics drill where you're drop-kicking your allies across rivers and stuff is cool but extremely situational.

There was someone on my friend's list who had a +10 SElise with what appeared to me a GC build and she had Smite and it was actually pretty useful there.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nah, the game is way way better off if certain skills stay unique

Reinhardt and Lyn with Future Visions would give me an eternal stroke

lol yeah that would be obnoxious as hell

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Andrast posted:

Rein is also on my eventual merge list. He functions so well without merges that he is pretty low priority though.

imagine how well he functions when he can kill/tank a lot of greens and runs around getting honed/warded and buffed

with special (draconic aura) charged (I havent decided whether this should be moonbow or not):

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 9, 2018

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Elyv posted:

There was someone on my friend's list who had a +10 SElise with what appeared to me a GC build and she had Smite and it was actually pretty useful there.

That's a good call, put smite on all your GC units.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

big trivia FAIL posted:

imagine how well he functions when he can kill/tank a lot of greens and runs around getting honed/warded and buffed

with special (draconic aura) charged (I havent decided whether this should be moonbow or not):

Blazing Wind. Kill almost anything not named Fae without Vantage (hell, even many things with Vantage).

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 9, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Moonbow/QP is still amazing and I'm happy with it on Rein

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Elyv posted:

Moonbow/QP is still amazing and I'm happy with it on Rein

I run the ATK+3 seal just to squeeze out as much as possible when the special isn't triggered

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Someone met Micaiah's VA and got her to voice her best line from RD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3P_uAtAW0

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i thought that name sounded familiar and lo and behold micaiah shares her VA with ash

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm having a lot of trouble picturing either the English or Japanese Micaiah VA being a leader. The voices just don't really seem to fit the character

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Gluten Freeman posted:

Someone met Micaiah's VA and got her to voice her best line from RD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3P_uAtAW0

:allears:

Micaiah is alright after all.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I like the detail that even in her seasonal costume, Micaiah is wearing gloves that cover her Brand.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Got a Hinata and a merge for Camilla

great banners

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

+ATK/-HP Zelgius and +ATK/-SPD Summer Micaiah with 45 orbs, thanks game. Very appropriate off-banner 5* unit, too.

Edit: forgot that Micaiah's weapon gives her +ATK, she's +RES/-SPD. still really good IVs though

Retcon fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Aug 10, 2018

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

about 30 orbs for these guys! I wanted Micaiah more, but Ryoma's effective against armours which is the more important part of Micaiah's tome, so that's cool. Kana is a very nice get because I got Zelgius a while ago and had been dithering over whether I should give Fierce Stance to Jeorge or keep him and give him Bold Fighter, since I have a spare Hardin. Now I can do both!

edit:

There. Now Jeorge gets +12 attack when ranged enemies initiate.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 10, 2018

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

+Spd/-Res Ryoma

Now the dilemma is whether I should water bless him to match his legendary counterpart when I already have four dancers in water. But I'm a sucker for themes so I'm probably gonna do it anyway

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I got nothing but a 4.25% pity rate

and some good 4*s which is nice

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
got +res / -atk micaiah which, yknow, that's about as good as you're gonna get on a dancer with res ploy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I got nothing but a 4.25% pity rate

and some good 4*s which is nice

:same: