Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

triplexpac posted:

If you had to wear a John Cena Tshirt, which shirt would you choose?

The one that says Hustle, Loyalty, Respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

triplexpac posted:

That 8-bit Nintendo one

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

"IF CENA WINS, WE COMPLAIN ONLINE"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

triplexpac posted:

The one no one can see.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

triplexpac posted:

His AWA one. In fact if they still sold it I would buy it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'd wear all of them on top of each other like on that youtube video.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

triplexpac posted:

The one with the garish colour scheme.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'd stitch together a bunch of "Never Give Up" washcloths.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

triplexpac posted:

This one because you can't tell it has anything to do with Cena or wrestling: http://shop.wwe.com/CENA-Training-Logo-Black-T-Shirt/07401,default,pd.html

Also, it's only $6.99.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

RUCK FULES

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Great thanks for the responses everyone. I have to remember all of these for PSP Secret Santa time

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

triplexpac posted:

One of the yellow ones. I like cute in yellow.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

One of the yellow ones. I like cute in yellow.

Liking cute is the closest you'll get.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gonzo McFee posted:

Liking cute is the closest you'll get.

I look good don't you dare try to own me.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

What exactly is a leg lariat? Is it different from a spinning heel kick?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ZDar Fan posted:

What exactly is a leg lariat? Is it different from a spinning heel kick?

Same difference as a palm strike and a clothesline.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You jump up and lariat a guy with the crook of your leg, instead of the crook of your arm, and you fall on your butt. Sort of like you're doing a leg drop on a guy who's standing up, actually. There's no spinning required.

Edit: You shouldn't be hitting someone with the back of your knee when you do a spinning kick, unless you're Goldberg.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

triplexpac posted:

The Nexus shirt he refused to put on.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Around when was HHH at his absolute worst in regards to all the poo poo people bring up about him? I'm talking burials, poo poo matches, long promos etc. I'm going through 2002 now on the Network and the whole Jericho angle seemed really lovely, but that seems more like an issue of booking a divorce angle in the middle of Y2J's reign which ended up making it play second fiddle to HHH.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

it probably started earlier but him getting awarded the whc in 02 is a particularly memorable starting point

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

it probably started earlier but him getting awarded the whc in 02 is a particularly memorable starting point

His Run o' Doom certainly starts there, but his feud with Jericho for WM18 is like Chapter 0.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Around when was HHH at his absolute worst in regards to all the poo poo people bring up about him? I'm talking burials, poo poo matches, long promos etc. I'm going through 2002 now on the Network and the whole Jericho angle seemed really lovely, but that seems more like an issue of booking a divorce angle in the middle of Y2J's reign which ended up making it play second fiddle to HHH.

The peak is late 03. WM 20 is still very close to the peak as people swore up and down HBK was added to the match with Benoit so HHH could get out of doing the job.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Summerslam 2003 is the absolute peak, without question.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hhh embarrasses Jericho throughout their feud and then has a great match with hbk at summer slam and gets given the whc because he's HHH basically. I remember bischoff saying he worked a deal where he had to trade like 4 wrestlers to smack down to get HH on Raw but it was worth it because he's HHH. Then the 20 minute interviews and poo poo tastic ppvs because HHH was bloated as gently caress and earl Hebner got bumped in 150% of the matches. Rapes a corpse, rr 03 with Steiner and the infamous long clean pin on booker t at wrestle mania. Beats Nash in their feud, gives Goldberg one of his few losses where he only worked 45 seconds at summer slam 03 because he's injured again from being juiced, jobs to Goldberg and pins him 2 months later to become champ again.

goldberg had like 3 losses in wwe and 2 of them were to HHH. 03 was HHH burying wcw as best he could.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

When did he bury RVD and unmask Kane? Around Late Summer/Early Fall 2002 right?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like HHH has been a part of more burials than anyone else in post 2000 wwf/e. Like I know that's his stereotype what with the shovel caw entrance and all but surely no other wrestler comes close in modern wwe history, right? This is mostly directed towards MassRafTer because of his earlier defense of him, cause I don't see much of a way to defend that and I'd consider it a huge stain on his legacy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wasnt there a thread for the hhh burial topic with comprehensive write-ups

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think MRT's defense was more about people (like, admittedly, me) dismissing Trips as a bad worker when he was a very good worker in 2000.

and though that's definitely true, and HHH probably deserved WOTY that year, I feel like being an rear end in a top hat and pointing out that wrestling outside of the WWF was kind of a garbage fire in 2000

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Regarding WWE being so afraid of what the British fans might say that they turned down the crowd mics and piped in obvious fake cheers for Reigns, etc...has an audience reaction ever changed your mind on something? Do Vince or Dunn really think that the people that don't like Roman Reigns will suddenly love him if they hear (fake) cheers often enough?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It lets casual fans know "this is a good guy".

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Like I know that's his stereotype what with the shovel caw entrance and all but surely no other wrestler comes close in modern wwe history, right?
Well, Cena I guess, but I think that the consensus is that little of that is a product of Cena's own ego.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Alain Post posted:

I think MRT's defense was more about people (like, admittedly, me) dismissing Trips as a bad worker when he was a very good worker in 2000.

and though that's definitely true, and HHH probably deserved WOTY that year, I feel like being an rear end in a top hat and pointing out that wrestling outside of the WWF was kind of a garbage fire in 2000
Even within the WWF, from what I remember Rock and Austin were not having very many good matches, probably due to a hectic schedule and nagging injuries. That's when I remember Raw always ending with a giant clusterfuck brawl. I didn't care for HHH as a character even then, but he was the best worker in the main event scene.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Did Jeff Hardy actually show up unable to perform at Victory Road 2011 or was it a work?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shoot

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It was weird listening to the Bryan and Vinny segment on that because it was clear they thought it was a work though,

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Nah, they knew it was a shoot. I don't remember whether it was on B&V or a Wrestling Observer from the time but I specifically remember hearing Bryan say that the complete fuckfest of a main event "was not Sting's fault, at least he shows up ready to perform unlike some people"

e: There was an episode where they talk about a TNA house show, I think, where they talked about how they thought Jeff was working a "drug addict" gimmick.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Electric Lady posted:

Nah, they knew it was a shoot. I don't remember whether it was on B&V or a Wrestling Observer from the time but I specifically remember hearing Bryan say that the complete fuckfest of a main event "was not Sting's fault, at least he shows up ready to perform unlike some people"

e: There was an episode where they talk about a TNA house show, I think, where they talked about how they thought Jeff was working a "drug addict" gimmick.

Really? I listened to their review of that show and it seemed like they thought the whole thing was a work, maybe the changed their thoughts later.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OldTennisCourt posted:

Really? I listened to their review of that show and it seemed like they thought the whole thing was a work, maybe the changed their thoughts later.
Maybe they thought that no sane wrestling promotion would send out a wasted wrestler in the ME

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

Did Jeff Hardy actually show up unable to perform at Victory Road 2011 or was it a work?

Drugged to the gills and apparently it wasn't even that uncommon an occurrence at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
The HHH burial chat makes me wonder what kinda examples there are of burials by guys who are generally well-liked, or burials of people who maybe deserved it. Stuff like The Rock burying Billy Gunn basically to the center of the earth after Gunn won King of the Ring. Did Austin have any big burials during his run? I know he wasn't a fan of Jeff Jarrett.