Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Addamere posted:

no i mean the part where people do it and dont get shot as traitors or enemy combatants every time they do, it is literally a hostile battle standard

"We need to respect their beliefs"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Citizen Tayne posted:

It makes liberals mad. That's it.

see also: rolling coal, hating medicaid, voting for trump, etc.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

triple sulk posted:

Hello

Scotland gonna go another referendum lmao

Chaos reigns.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Addamere posted:

no i mean the part where people do it and dont get shot as traitors or enemy combatants every time they do, it is literally a hostile battle standard and these idiots are often armed

like im p sure if i went around government buildings in france waving some... ok im be honest idk what the equivalent would be, but some kind of insurrectionist group flag and wearing milsurp cammies and open carrying a small armory and chanting death to france i would be rightly shot because that is what one does to enemy soldiers

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dressed as a musketeer

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Citizen Tayne posted:

It needs to be pointed out forever how degenerate rural culture is, you can do anything you want because then you can suddenly find Jesus and your sins are erased. It's a holy get out of jail free card

those criminal rurals are a drain on the law abiding citizens

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

False. True. False.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punchymcpunch posted:

dressed as a musketeer

with the zimmer effect playing on loop from a towed boombox array, also there are four of me

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

its like if you went to england dressed a roman and started talking poo poo about caesaromagus and adrian's wall, you wouldnt expect to get shot

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Citizen Tayne posted:

It makes liberals mad. That's it.

durrrrrrrr

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

would be pretty sweet if all the le pen supporters dressed like musketeers and swung from chandeliers tho

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so did trump put his wet hog in the executive branch yet or is that later

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

and all the brexiteers wore henry the eighth costumes

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
Isn't Steve King the guy who mouthed Trump's speech as he was saying it? Or is that another guy? Did I just imagine this?

Apr 7, 2003

That's their entire philosophy anymore, they don't remember how to do anything else

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

europa universalis 5 should take place right before scotland leaves the uk and go on until 2421

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's their entire philosophy anymore, they don't remember how to do anything else

oh okay that makes more sense

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
in today's era of Trump I hope you can understand why I missed the sarcasm :blush:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Addamere posted:

never understood why this is a thing

like i get that it is but it blows my mind

one would think that waving a hostile battle standard around would be cause for being shot on sight as a traitor or an enemy combatant

but apparently not? :shrug:

people are dumb

reconstruction failed and we let the traitors back in

the south lost the battle, but won the war

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ravioli ravioli!

give me the death i deserve-ioli!!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Serf posted:

The Marshall Plan failed and we let the traitors back in

the Nazis lost the battle, but won the war

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Serf posted:

it's really funny how we keep "taking the high road" with malignant parties in american politics and it ends up loving us all over later hardcore

maybe I dunno stop doing that

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

but you repeat yourself

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Serf posted:

gently caress andrew johnson forever

Serf
May 5, 2011

its not a perfect analogy because to my knowledge germany seems to kick the asses of nazis internally while they have risen in other countries

if america had any sense at all we would've banned the display of confederate icons and made neo-confederacy an instance of treason

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

it's really funny how we keep "taking the high road" with malignant parties in american politics and it ends up loving us all over later hardcore

maybe I dunno stop doing that

telling my fellow activists to start being rude to Congressmen is almost more difficult than convincing them that having your goddam meeting place and time on the front page of your website is literally the most important part of your website

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

no it doesn't loving count you mention it inna blog post in the bottom half of the page, put that poo poo front and center you chucklefucks

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

Isn't Steve King the guy who mouthed Trump's speech as he was saying it? Or is that another guy? Did I just imagine this?

That was the fish monster.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Serf posted:

its not a perfect analogy because to my knowledge germany seems to kick the asses of nazis internally while they have risen in other countries

if america had any sense at all we would've banned the display of confederate icons and made neo-confederacy an instance of treason

Does anyone know if the ban on displays of Nazi icons in Germany extend to art, such as stage plays? Are you allowed to use a Nazi flag/uniforms in the context of a production of something like Cabaret or The Sound of Music?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
give me the EO, go full fascist motherfucker

Serf
May 5, 2011

tadashi posted:

Does anyone know if the ban on displays of Nazi icons in Germany extend to art, such as stage plays? Are you allowed to use a Nazi flag/uniforms in the context of a production of something like Cabaret or The Sound of Music?

i know they have to remove it from video games, so i think it is universal

as it should be

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

so did trump put his wet hog in the executive branch yet or is that later

That's later, I don't know the exact time, but while I was trying to find out I learned that Trump is apparently having some sort of rally in Nashville on Wednesday.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

punchymcpunch posted:

i used to play this pc game called... floor 13? and youre the british spymaster guy

anyway there was a welsh separatist politician called like david lloydd ap taffy and you had to stick him in british gitmo and torture him to death otherwise wales would rise up

when I was unemployed I was grabbing random games from abandonia and got this game, it was pretty cool

I like how you get disappeared out a window if you gently caress up too badly

Apr 7, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

That's later, I don't know the exact time, but while I was trying to find out I learned that Trump is apparently having some sort of rally in Nashville on Wednesday.
lol campaign season is now eternal

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

tenderjerk posted:

https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/694610230152421377

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm glad twitter is ripping king apart this morning and criticizing CNN for not calling the dude racist but instead "inherently divisive"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"hello I am a christian we should teach compassion and forgiveness of our fellow humans"
"wow me too"
"oh okay come on in"
"lol I lied now you don't have healthcare"
"oh no"

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

(from)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Agean90 posted:

telling my fellow activists to start being rude to Congressmen is almost more difficult than convincing them that having your goddam meeting place and time on the front page of your website is literally the most important part of your website

btw the aclu is dunking all over people wrt this and I'm going to post a trip report to the People Power meetings over the weekend

seriously

I'm going to do it

just need to put down Tides of Numenera, gonna happen any minute now

• Locked thread