Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

gregday posted:

Well, there's also this.

(It's not mine... yet. The guy who built it wants $1500)

I like how he had to buy a huge gently caress-off Batman stepping stone to display it on just in case anyone was confused what that was from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I picked up Predator series 10 today. Originally I was just going to get Hive Warrior, but after seeing the other 2 in person I just had to pick them up too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hah. You post on here too. Awesome.

But yeah. I'm going to pick up that Hive Warrior. The nostalgia is too much for me to handle. I haven't picked up a figger in a while. But I need, NEED the new Sideshow Snake Plissken figure.

Oh my god.

gregday
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Wait, are you the guy who makes fiberglass replicas on the RPF?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I picked up Predator series 10 today. Originally I was just going to get Hive Warrior, but after seeing the other 2 in person I just had to pick them up too.

I got notification from BBTS that my preorder of those guys is ready to ship, I can't wait! :kiddo:

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I got notification from BBTS that my preorder of those guys is ready to ship, I can't wait! :kiddo:
Same here. Five-year-old me is going absolutely ballistic with anticipation.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Optimist Prime posted:

Same here. Five-year-old me is going absolutely ballistic with anticipation.
I still have my Kenner figures, I'll be doing comparison photos once the NECA trio show up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

To save you some time setting up:

That's from NECA.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That fuckin' rules.

I hope they do remakes of all the Kenner figs, both Aliens and Preds. I'd buy a Kenner-inspired repaint of the helmeted Hicks figure they're doing.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

CelticPredator posted:

But yeah. I'm going to pick up that Hive Warrior. The nostalgia is too much for me to handle. I haven't picked up a figger in a while. But I need, NEED the new Sideshow Snake Plissken figure.

Oh my god.

This might turn me down the DARK path of expensive rear end poo poo. That figure is so fuckin' awesome. I have never purchased Sideshow before. Is the per-order necessary, or is stuff available for a bit after it has been released?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

sporklift posted:

This might turn me down the DARK path of expensive rear end poo poo. That figure is so fuckin' awesome. I have never purchased Sideshow before. Is the per-order necessary, or is stuff available for a bit after it has been released?

They usually stick around for a while, though you don't get charged until it starts shipping which looks like next summer. There's also flexpay where you can split the payment over 2-4 months.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I don't mind preorders because you can do multi-month payment plans. Paying $60 a month for X months is more palatable to me than dropping $350 in one go or something. It's really the only way I can afford their stuff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's only $159 too, thats a loving steal for such a nice figure.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 6, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Isn't that their fourth Real Steel figure?

I'm not giving them any more money til they ship my Portal bots!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm not exactly complaining, but I'm kind of surprised they think Real Steel is a lucrative enough property to warrant high-end expensive action figures.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 6, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sideshow's Spooktacular is going on and they're giving away free Rewards Points and doing a bunch of contests on their Twitter and Facebook feeds.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

boom boom boom posted:

3a is getting kind of crazy.

Ok, I haven't seen Real Steel at all, but GOD drat does that look amazing. Just tickles all my robo fancies~

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Seriously, that is a beautiful bot. :swoon:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Ok, I haven't seen Real Steel at all, but GOD drat does that look amazing. Just tickles all my robo fancies~
If you haven't seen Real Steel, you need to see it. It's a great feel-good movie that happens to have completely awesome robot boxing in it.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Max Factory just announced a Figma Indiana Jones.

I like nearly everything about this figure, but I'm not sold on the face.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like it - it's not perfect, but everything else about the figure more than makes up for it. And those accessories rule pretty hard. :swoon:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It looks like Tommy Lee Jones instead of Harrison Ford.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gregday posted:

Wait, are you the guy who makes fiberglass replicas on the RPF?

I am not, no. Sorry.

Also, I just won a Snake Plissken in a small contest hosted around Sideshow's site. So...gently caress yeah!

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Gann Jerrod posted:

Max Factory just announced a Figma Indiana Jones.

I wonder if its some weird licensing issue, because it definitely looks like an older Ford that it should be; but its loving 6" Indy done by a company who understands articulation so i'm pretty excited.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

vkeios posted:

I wonder if its some weird licensing issue, because it definitely looks like an older Ford that it should be; but its loving 6" Indy done by a company who understands articulation so i'm pretty excited.

I think Disney has the rights to the majority of Indiana jones stuff now, so maybe Crystal Skull was the only likeness they could get?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Sold on that Indy figure, he will pose next to my figma Robocop.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 6, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Love them so much, hopefully they don't get delayed TOO much ... but this is 3A we are talking about.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Gann Jerrod posted:

I like nearly everything about this figure, but I'm not sold on the face.

No company has ever been ever able to capture Harrison Ford's face. Not Hasbro, not Figma, not even Hot Toys. Harrison Ford must have the hardest face to sculpt in the world.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I don't do statues I don't do statues I don't do statues

...gently caress

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

After many years out of the game, I'm back on the Marvel Legends train. Someone help.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know if anyone needs it still, but the Marvel Legends Jean Grey is in stock at Amazon for $18.99. 4 left apparently.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legends-Jean-Action-Figure/dp/B00CX5X6GK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1383773764&sr=8-4&keywords=Marvel+legends

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

17 now. :3:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

@ $19.99 from a different company. These were the Amazon stock.

edit: which are now down to 2, goddamn

edit2: and now those are all gone and shes $34.99

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Nov 7, 2013

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Picked up this set on Saturday:

The splattered alien head is so cool.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I want the Alien from that set, but I really don't care about Hicks.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Xenomrph posted:

I want the Alien from that set, but I really don't care about Hicks.

I'm the exact opposite, wanna split a set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Just got my confirmation from Amazon that my Black Series Boba Fett had shipped. I'll post pics when it gets here in a couple days, if anyone is interested.