Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, a random pubbie in a game earlier discovered a hilarious strategy by accident.
On Lijang Tower, on the garden map, there is this wall near the point

The Zarya on our team shot an ult at this wall, trying to catch a Genji running around, when suddenly 4 people on the other team died out of nowhere. Turns out if you land a Zarya ult there, it will pull anyone running across the bridge on the other towards it, and into the pit.
It's a shame I didn't save the Highlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Help Im Alive posted:

Is cowboys using flashbangs even a thing

He's a robot cowboy

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GreyPowerVan posted:

He's right though. Hanzo is an archer :v:

He's more artillery since you don't need good aim with him to get kills.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I agree that everybody should read more books, and think deeply about the things in those books instead of video games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

MacheteZombie posted:

Ryuu ga waga teki go gently caress yourself! :negative:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Help Im Alive posted:

Its a Russian thing.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

The chat will still be there if you replay the highlight.

I did not know that! Also thank you thread for explaining how I accidentally made my UI disappear last night.

My favorite part of playing Medic in TF2 was using the crossbow to pick off annoying enemies. I'm glad Mercy's pistol can hold its own -- like when I killed the enemy Mercy twice. :black101: She's no combat medic -- which is a good thing, probably -- but she can definitely contribute.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
still think the only change d.va needs is to be able to shoot while her shield is up. that'd give her a huge up on her ability to bully people face to face and/or be annoying as gently caress

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Help Im Alive posted:

No and neither are modern Cowboys. I prefer to think of Mcree as a bad cosplayer who wishes he could be an old west shooting star.

Its High No- *gets head blowns*

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

There was a time, when she was first implemented, where she had more damage than she does now. The way that played out is that she would fly into someone's face, destroy them, and fly away. There was little that person could do because her mobility.

So that's a bad thing but the idea of a "tank" dying if they're fighting multiple targets isn't? In one post he's saying D.VA is supposed to be a fat version of Genji, maneuvering around harassing single targets and in the next one he's saying it's a terrible thing if she manages to do that? The gently caress

Does someone have a youtube or something of someone playing the way he's talking about?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

exquisite tea posted:

I agree that everybody should read more books, and think deeply about the things in those books instead of video games.

I am reading The Condition of Postmodernism right now, it is v. good.

Internet Kraken posted:

No and neither are modern Cowboys. I prefer to think of Mcree as a bad cosplayer who wishes he could be an old west shooting star.

Its High No- *gets head blowns*
He's not a modern cowboy he's a cyborg cowboy. He's even got LED bullets and everything.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Does someone have a youtube or something of someone playing the way he's talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZiiLGDfROA

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
They need to decide what they want Mccree and D.va to be before they start tossing numbers around. It sounds like they have a vision for Mccree - Kills squishies, is somewhat versatile otherwise - but they seem at a complete loss for making D.va both fun to fight as/against and also useful.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Help Im Alive posted:

It is dynamite.

I like to think it draws from Duck, You Sucker!

what up

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Munsun posted:

It is dynamite.

No it is not.

Countblanc posted:

They need to decide what they want Mccree and D.va to be before they start tossing numbers around. It sounds like they have a vision for Mccree - Kills squishies, is somewhat versatile otherwise - but they seem at a complete loss for making D.va both fun to fight as/against and also useful.

Just Make D.va Great Again.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Szcwczuk posted:

More hackers getting banned and bitching about it, this time the moron bought the game 3 times and got banned on all of them instantly.

Oh and telling us that what Blizzard is doing is illegal. Blizzard is doing an amazing job with this game.

Artificial aiming? I gotta know where to go read to see the shitlers complaining

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
What would the fix for McCree's FAN be? Just 3 shots instead of the whole clip?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

MacheteZombie posted:

Increased spread maybe?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Papercut posted:

FYI you only get 200 credits for a duplicate legendary skin.

Should be 1000

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

I would say have it nnot shoot them all with almost perfect accuracy would be a good start, but with the tanks in this game being so large comparatively I don't know how much this would matter

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Increased spread maybe?

Hmm, that might work, but if McCree is at point blank range would it make a big enough difference on tanks since they tend to be huge bastards?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

MacheteZombie posted:

Lower damage per bullet and a cooldown to prevent it from fragging tanks while still being useful for killing flankers quickly during the duration of Flashbang.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Possible Fan changes:

- Make it have a cooldown beyond reloading.
- Reduce the damage of each bullet. Zen's M2 does less damage per orb than his M1 does even though they're presumably the same orbs being fired, so it's not like there isn't precedent for this.
- Make it fire fewer shots (this one seems weird).
- Increase the spread even more (please god don't do this)

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Increased spread maybe?

Slower shots per second, i'd wager. Or longer roll cooldown. Or all 3.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

MacheteZombie posted:

They could make the fan do significantly less damage to armor. It would indirectly buff Torbjorn as well.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

MacheteZombie posted:

slowing down fan's firing speed (it's triple his regular firing speed right now)
make flashbang into a skillshot with little or no aoe
add a cooldown to fan
change its firing pattern so that he sweeps the gun left to right in a very large cone, instead of firing forward with huge spread

any/all of those could go with un-doing the fan reload speed nerf

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Countblanc posted:

- Reduce the damage of each bullet. Zen's M2 does less damage per orb than his M1 does even though they're presumably the same orbs being fired, so it's not like there isn't precedent for this.

This one sounds the best so far. Didn't realize there was a precedent already.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Minrad posted:

slowing down fan's firing speed (it's triple his regular firing speed right now)
add a cooldown to fan

any/all of those could go with un-doing the fan reload speed nerf

The article stated the devs intend to change FAN only as the flash works "as intended". Man I missed that Blizz phrase.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lady Naga posted:

No it is not.

are you telling me you never seen dynamite from the future?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Kashuno posted:

I would say have it nnot shoot them all with almost perfect accuracy would be a good start, but with the tanks in this game being so large comparatively I don't know how much this would matter

Yeah this is part of the reason I don't want increased spread as the solution. They recognize that the big issue is how quickly he burns down big targets which isn't really what they want his niche to be, and tanks and their barriers are often so big that it wouldn't really address that. It'd also mean some times you'd want to fan to get kills on your intended targets you'd just completely wiff it for reasonable ranges. More RNG isn't a particularly great balancing mechanism in an FPS I feel.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Minrad posted:

This feels like it goes against the stated aim of countering zippy assholes.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MacheteZombie posted:

My aim is poo poo and I do a hell of a lot better as Widow than Hanzo.

Just click bodies for 150 damage every second and get gold for eliminations and damage without landing a single headshot.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

- Make it have a cooldown beyond reloading.

It already does, it's like .4 seconds or smth

Munsun posted:

are you telling me you never seen dynamite from the future?

They call it a flashbang in the tooltip and the model is of a flashbang hombre.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I got some high praise indeed:

(I'm Croaker)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

My aim is poo poo and I do a hell of a lot better as Widow than Hanzo.

Just click bodies for 150 damage every second and get gold for eliminations and damage without landing a single headshot.

Yeah but you actually have to aim at their body. Hanzo can aim 10 feet over the targets head and get a headshot, ala tf2 Huntsman. (It's not actually a huge deal because he's a decently balanced class. I just like the hitbox joke)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blizzard's approach to balance is usually to make a single, slight and uniform change that is not too specific. So however they adjust McCree it'll be done with that in mind.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
there is something beautiful about arcing torb's LMB and headshotting people who do not have LOS on you

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

mormonpartyboat posted:

there is something beautiful about arcing torb's LMB and headshotting people who do not have LOS on you

It does huge damage, too. I think it's 150 damage, which means it can oneshot Zennyatta and Tracer.

And yes for some reason I'm better at headshotting with Torb or Zenyatta than with widowmaker. Not quite sure how that works.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

mormonpartyboat posted:

Oh man does it ever feel good. Took out a Hanzo and a flanking Soldier 76 with it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It does huge damage, too. I think it's 150 damage, which means it can oneshot Zennyatta and Tracer.

And yes for some reason I'm better at headshotting with Torb or Zenyatta than with widowmaker. Not quite sure how that works.

140 without the headshot multiplier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Torb's left click does 70 damage, or 140 on a headshot, so no oneshots.