Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Minto Took posted:

Now I'm all nostalgic for college and mad I can never pass a flight physical.

LSA changes are coming soon because the FAA has saw that pilots not having a medical didn't result in throwing anything bigger than a Rotax into the ground. Reportedly, max gross up to 3000 pounds, constant-speed props if they're automatic, and gyrocopters allowed. Restriction would be a formula combining wing loading, weight and engine power to prevent people with 20 hours of time jumping into Lancairs.

There's a couple of existing manufacturers that have said that the moment new rules come out, they'll send you an updated data plate which will magically let you carry an extra 200 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Will that be retroactively applied to existing aircraft? It would be a pretty radical change if the C172 (and basically every other small trainer out there) becomes a LSA.

Not that a light sport license is that much easier to get than a full PPL, but getting the medical certificate is definitely a problem for a lot of people.

moparacker
May 8, 2007

It looks like the newly upcoming MS Flight Simulator will use FlightAware information to add NPC planes to the sky.

I'm hoping this means that there's an opportunity to ride along with Air Wagner in realtime.

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/07/03/flightaware-to-fill-flight-simulators-virtual-skies-with-airplanes/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

moparacker posted:

It looks like the newly upcoming MS Flight Simulator will use FlightAware information to add NPC planes to the sky.

I'm hoping this means that there's an opportunity to ride along with Air Wagner in realtime.

https://stormbirds.blog/2020/07/03/flightaware-to-fill-flight-simulators-virtual-skies-with-airplanes/

Who’s going to make the Wagner’s Wingmen gang tag?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Midjack posted:

Who’s going to make the Wagner’s Wingmen gang tag?

:effort:

Mao Zedong Thot fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jul 7, 2020

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Needs to be something like-

You do not have the runway in sight!
To proceed to secondary minimums, press [ENT]

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

moparacker posted:

Is there a term for this kind of feature, or Forzas AI cars that are recorded runs of other players? Massively single player?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
I wonder how accurate the live traffic will be. Is it just going to spawn in airplanes at the correct coordinates and send them off to their flight-plan-reported destinations, or will it actually pull ADS-B locations and altitudes in real time? If I go up and do a bunch of maneuvers one afternoon, will someone playing FS2020 in San Francisco see a C152 on their screen making the same moves?

Because that would be rad as hell

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Enable ultra-realism mode where if you gently caress up, you have to call a Microsoft-owned phone number to get 'talked at' and ultimately given a code to re-enable your ability to fly.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Enable ultra-realism mode where if you gently caress up, you have to call a Microsoft-owned phone number to get 'talked at' and ultimately given a code to re-enable your ability to fly.

Special DLC to enable Harrison Ford mode

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

priznat posted:

It's extremely expensive but once you buy it, you can't even toggle it. It's always on.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

priznat posted:

What kind of personal favors are required to get the Wagner treatment?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Who was the old fart senator that constantly rallied against GA oversight? He also had a horrible environmental record.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Ted Stevens?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Platystemon posted:

What kind of personal favors are required to get the Wagner treatment?

poo poo. Pay the Russkies enough and they'll let you crash planes on their own people.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Charles posted:

Who was the old fart senator that constantly rallied against GA oversight? He also had a horrible environmental record.

Inhofe?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

BIG HEADLINE posted:

IDDQMARSA

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Yes that's who I'm thinking of. Total pos. Got out of poo poo for being a senator. I can't remember what now though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Charles posted:

Yes that's who I'm thinking of. Total pos. Got out of poo poo for being a senator. I can't remember what now though.

I worked with a guy that came from KRVS tower. He said Inhofe was a nightmare to deal with and would basically ignore ATC instructions and do what he wanted but was completely untouchable.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Charles posted:

His biggest one was landing on a closed runway - with workers on it. Of course it wasn't his fault, it was some guy at the airport's fault and of course experienced pilots don't check NOTAMs anyway.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Sagebrush posted:

I wonder how accurate the live traffic will be. Is it just going to spawn in airplanes at the correct coordinates and send them off to their flight-plan-reported destinations, or will it actually pull ADS-B locations and altitudes in real time? If I go up and do a bunch of maneuvers one afternoon, will someone playing FS2020 in San Francisco see a C152 on their screen making the same moves?

Because that would be rad as hell

Yep that’s their plan.

Also one-world Multiplayer so there’s potential to Goonsquad together and do a cyber-formation with Jerry

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

joat mon posted:

His biggest one was landing on a closed runway - with workers on it. Of course it wasn't his fault, it was some guy at the airport's fault and of course experienced pilots don't check NOTAMs anyway.

And then he pushed a "pilots bill of rights" through to cover his own rear end.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
if they're using data from flightaware or something like that a lot of the ADS-B tracking is done by hobbyists with little backyard antenna setups which sometimes lose a signal and pick it back up a few seconds later so you might get planes warping all over the place lol

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

if they're using data from flightaware or something like that a lot of the ADS-B tracking is done by hobbyists with little backyard antenna setups which sometimes lose a signal and pick it back up a few seconds later so you might get planes warping all over the place lol

Better that than my current X-Plane experience: for whatever reason every time I've flown around in X-Plane over the past year in a small plane, this loving computer controlled MD-90 follows me around in edge-of-stall slow flight. It's.... bizarre. I have no idea what exactly is going on or why X-Plane has decided to perpetually harass my lil bugsmashers with a stalling airliner.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Better that than my current X-Plane experience: for whatever reason every time I've flown around in X-Plane over the past year in a small plane, this loving computer controlled MD-90 follows me around in edge-of-stall slow flight. It's.... bizarre. I have no idea what exactly is going on or why X-Plane has decided to perpetually harass my lil bugsmashers with a stalling airliner.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

creepypasta in the making

brains
May 12, 2004

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

that's goddamn hilarious

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Mad (puppy) Dog-90

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

That sounds like one of those copy protection schemes that trolls people who pirate the game by introducing weird glitches and alterations.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's a metaphor for death, the grim reaper md-90 gets us all in the end.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I remember the last time I played X-Plane (years ago) and downloaded a free B-1B...and it changed *all* traffic in the game to B-1Bs.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I really want it to start following into other games; SimCity, call of duty, night in the woods, tetris, etc.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

priznat posted:

Mad (puppy) Dog-90

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

Every hour a DC-9 is neglected or abused. Flown to Arkansas and stripped for parts.

edit: https://goo.gl/maps/av3rppmzCjp3DDsH9

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 10, 2020

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Lol if you think it’s just Arkansas. At its peak, one of the (now defunct) operations at Opa Locka was cutting up one or two DC-9s a WEEK after Northwest retired theirs. That was also the first place I saw a 767 get cut.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Well yeah that satellite image only has like a dozen being stripped, delta just retired what 100 of them at once?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Okay proof I'm not making this up, sorry for the terrible photo-of-LCD thing going on

Making a beeline from like 30k ft:

comin in:

attack:

(its an md82 not 90)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Rofl you must have pissed off an md90 in a past life

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

Okay proof I'm not making this up, sorry for the terrible photo-of-LCD thing going on

comin in:

attack:

(its an md82 not 90)

I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

comin in:

attack:

(its an md82 not 90)

:laffo: that’s amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It's probably been fed by Cessnas at some point and now it goes begging from everyone.