Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Isn't that dude against interracial dating

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Everybody and their mother jumping on the Metro BBL track to make their own drake Diss is the real final nail in the coffin. Right after my last post I heard it playing from the other room and my wife walked in and asked me if I really thought Drake got a BBL. Then as I am typing this post she came back again and told me how much her friend group is discussing and enjoying all this and like I said they are all as far away from hip hop as you can be.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
As someone who never paid attention to Drake, I had no idea about the sex pest allegations until now. Bringing that into a wider consciousness alone is a victory for Kendrick, let alone how absolutely savage the rest of all these tracks are

Edit: I saw Benny the Butcher live on Thursday and it was clear from the audience reaction that Drake was losing badly, and we were only how many tracks deep then?

reversefungi fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 5, 2024

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

reversefungi posted:

Edit: I saw Benny the Butcher live on Thursday and it was clear from the audience reaction that Drake was losing badly, and we were only how many tracks deep then?

the second and third both came out on friday

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
the thing that I keep coming back to is Kendrick loving hates Drake so much, why just now?

The implication is that Kendrick has gotten every piece of proof he needs, in triplicate or verified by a notary or some insane degree of authenticity, and is going all in to straight up murder him once and for all.

The whole "lol drake's team fed false info to Kendrick he's spinning" narrative is holding literally no water.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

pentyne posted:

the thing that I keep coming back to is Kendrick loving hates Drake so much, why just now?

kendrick said it himself in euphoria, he has a life outside of rap unlike Drake, Drake kept provoking him through subliminals and then when that didn't work he had to go the direct route.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Ultraklystron posted:

I mean, he knows that even if, some how, Kendrick doesn't have him dead to rights on all accounts, the optics of addressing it at all are worse for him than trying to switch angles and focus. He simply can't debate inside of the narrative Kendrick has created now, especially at the same pace. That's part of why Drake did his whole music video and all of that stuff for "Family Matters." He desperately wanted Kendrick to fight in the modes and media that he is most confident with. He did not expect an immediate shut down, then a double tap that following day. Drake thought he could set the pace, and maybe if it could've breathed all weekend on in clubs and on air, "Meet The Grahams"/"Not Like Us" wouldn't have hit so hard, but he has to find another route now, and he's scrambling because he doesn't have one.

Yeah I know. It’s still completely pathetic though

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah if Kendrick just came out with this stuff out of nowhere I don't think it would have had the same impact, but he baited Drake perfectly and anticipated the moves he would make and just repeatedly got him to walk straight off a cliff.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

meek was playing 12d chess by losing that beef and gassing drake up

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

pentyne posted:

The implication is that Kendrick has gotten every piece of proof he needs, in triplicate or verified by a notary or some insane degree of authenticity, and is going all in to straight up murder him once and for all.

The whole "lol drake's team fed false info to Kendrick he's spinning" narrative is holding literally no water.

Kendrick tried to keep it above board and then Drake brought his wife/partner into it. He didn't learn from Duppy Freestyle.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I think at this point even if he has more (which I bet he does) he should just sit on it for a while, the metro thing is hilarious and there's thousands of aspiring rappers writing diss tracks rn just let that fester for a bit

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Thumbtacks posted:

I think at this point even if he has more (which I bet he does) he should just sit on it for a while, the metro thing is hilarious and there's thousands of aspiring rappers writing diss tracks rn just let that fester for a bit

Given that he's clearly aware of the reaction ecosystem, pacing it out to at least give those folks a chance to maximize each video is prudent. There's also a lot to be said for keeping things on deck for any Drake responses. Any time Drake releases anything, even if it's not a diss, being able to throw another track or two at him and squash the momentum would be fantastic strategically. Long game hating.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Thumbtacks posted:

At this point his social feed is gonna be alternating between people dancing to Not Like Us and people rapping over BBL Drizzy. The air everywhere on earth is going to be filled with the sound of people making fun of him. It’s like a twilight zone about the perils of fame come to life

Also here’s a Japanese rapper over the Metro beat, it’s going global!

https://x.com/prod_by_bank/status/1787135133784354931?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

pentyne posted:

e oh i misread
he's doing it now because it's the first opening where he can destroy him entirely, makaveli etc

also i noticed this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtCRhc1lAgg

Drake posted:

Maybe I should do 20, maybe I should break 20 do a ten, maybe I should break that 10 do a five then if he can slide do that five again. If he held his tongue on that live he'd be alive again, drat

FirstnameLastname fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 5, 2024

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
At the end of the day, all of this could have been avoided if Birdman had JUST paid for the "what happened to that boy" beat

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The saddest part is watching people say Drake us so much more famous than this Kendrick dude how is he getting all this support, must be astroturfing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he is much more famous than kendrick

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

D-Pad posted:

Everybody and their mother jumping on the Metro BBL track to make their own drake Diss is the real final nail in the coffin. Right after my last post I heard it playing from the other room and my wife walked in and asked me if I really thought Drake got a BBL. Then as I am typing this post she came back again and told me how much her friend group is discussing and enjoying all this and like I said they are all as far away from hip hop as you can be.

yep https://twitter.com/DA_MINIST3R/status/1787125244689297903

the people thinking this is going away or staying online/away from normal people couldn't have been proven more wrong more emphatically

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

yep https://twitter.com/DA_MINIST3R/status/1787125244689297903

the people thinking this is going away or staying online/away from normal people couldn't have been proven more wrong more emphatically

My friend just said:

"It's like someone threw a chair at the internet"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/Drake/status/699696503674302465

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Never a tell a producer to "shut up and make some drums."

You're basically asking them hand out shovels to everyone who has ever wanted to bury you.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
My buddy in LA says he heard eight different car stereos blasting one of each of the three Kendrick disses at various stoplights today :lol:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://x.com/sneakerreporter/status/1787210581713236006?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Meet the Grahams is the meanest, Euphoria is a classic Kendrick track but I truly believe that Not Like Us could be the song of the summer, you can play that poo poo everywhere. It’s already got more streams than Family Matters in under 15 hours

I hope when it starts to fall he does a remix with Megan thee Stallion to keep it up, I feel like we need to hear from her again

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
euphoria was a tap
6:16 was a slap
meet the grahams (which is still fuckin me up as i type) was a uppercut
not like us is the ''you hittin the floor'' and has me legitimately excited for hiphop since i think tyler's first posts

[also i though family matters was okay until kendrick wished that poo poo right into the cornfield, and im not a drake fan]

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Your post made go check out his video on interracial dating, he was just criticizing the amount of it being represented in media.

E: https://youtu.be/O-KoABq6ygA?si=_0KYgeqeL0GilGOP

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thanks for posting that

not!,!

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

lol again

meet the grahams is so rude

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/chudunno_me/status/1787228740168122747

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
https://twitter.com/konye_woost/status/1787068910212108498

smh

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm an old white lady who has never chosen to listen to rap/hiphop*. I played "Not Like Us" and was whoa, have I been missing out.

* Unless you count Hamilton, and I'm not sure it does count.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm an old white lady who has never chosen to listen to rap/hiphop*. I played "Not Like Us" and was whoa, have I been missing out.

Go listen to Kendrick's back catalog! It's great! Good Kid Maad City is an incredible album to start with. He's been making bangers for over a decade now.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

lol

that rules, check out good kid maad city

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

that's so fun lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arsenic Lupin posted:

let me put you on game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgGZJxI-fFA

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
https://x.com/vincestaples/status/1787252614243254719

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

as long as you don't put her ONTO game, that dude is a weirdo. Matter of fact, no wonder why him and Drake have a track together....

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/mustard/status/1787252856661397664

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I'm also going to out myself that I'm a 'tourist' or whatever visiting this thread to discuss this feud, and I don't even feel like hip hop (or at least, North American stuff) is ordinarily my sort of thing. But I the rhythm and cadence in 6:16 when he reaches the Elahim line onward just hits that seratonin in my brain, which is funny because I never thought someone rapping about Twitter bots, wi-fi, and entourage moles was going to be the thing where I'm like "god-drat that's good."

Most of the UK rap (and heck, K-pop rappers I've heard) have that fast paced lyrical spitting, too. I wish I heard more of this sort of fire more often, usually when I hear it it comes with a lot of anger (see: Eminem, who I find very shouty.)

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 6, 2024

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it

Craptacular! posted:

I'm also going to out myself that I'm a 'tourist' or whatever visiting this thread to discuss this feud, and I ordinarily don't even feel like hip hop (or at least, North American stuff) is usually my sort of thing. But I the rhythm and cadence in 6:16 when he reaches the Elahim line onward just hits that seratonin in my brain, which is funny because I never thought someone rapping about Twitter bots, wi-fi, and entourage moles was going to be the thing where I'm like "god-drat that's good."

Most of the UK rap (and heck, K-pop rappers I've heard) have that fast paced lyrical spitting, too. I wish I heard more of this sort of fire more often, usually when I hear it it comes with a lot of anger (see: Eminem, who I find very shouty.)

em has been pretty fun lately https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EosMazKaPbU&t=183s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

lmao