Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

In Factorio, there are no bigger men. We are all the same size when zoom level is accounted for. Perfect harmony of sameness.

Edit: unless there's a mod for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Mr. Powers posted:

Edit: unless there's a mod for that.

This makes me tempted to make one just because.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Victory at last:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Loren1350 posted:

This makes me tempted to make one just because.

Make it so you get bigger instead of pollution. So after a while you have to redesign your base to be able access things as you're now 10 tiles wide.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Trabisnikof posted:

Make it so you get bigger instead of pollution. So after a while you have to redesign your base to be able access things as you're now 10 tiles wide.

I would legit play that mod -- if I could also go hand to hand with biter behemoths.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Foodtorio: a Factorio total conversion. Research progressively larger jumpsuits and scooters to keep up with your crippling obesity

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Gadzuko posted:

Foodtorio: a Factorio total conversion. Research progressively larger jumpsuits and scooters to keep up with your crippling obesity

don't kinkshame

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gadzuko posted:

The ol' Fat Princess mod

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat

That was a close one. Wish I was going for the 15 hour one to begin with.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

GotLag posted:

Reading comprehension ain't your forte. Literally any time a non-empty rail tanker stops in front of an unfiltered inserter for any length of time, it will pull the dummy items out. The rail tanker will regenerate them up to its fluid level, so if your train stops somewhere unintended it really can completely poo poo up a belted supply chain.

This is not what I'd consider an "edge case".

Anyway I'll be the bigger man and stop this derail now that I've had the last word.

Unless i'm reading this wrong, can't you just filter your inserters then? I tend to filter train stations by what they're carrying and then filter out further from there too.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
For some reason I wish there was a soylent green mod.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Hair Elf

Uncle Spriggly posted:

Soylent Purple: Turn biters into bite-size snacks!

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

killing non-human non-sentient things in order to eat them isn't all that horrifying

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Uncle Spriggly posted:

You're the only person on the surface. You would first have to create a clone mod so you could then process them.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
"Why are you cloning all these people [including me, come to think of it]? Additional labor?"
"...yes."

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I was thinking that you could reskin the bugs and bug lairs to villagers and huts or something. Rather than have them attack you could just have them flee or something. Maybe there would be a special turret that bags them up...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I would love to see a post-endgame mod that has you running a space colony and keeping all your humans alive.

Lazy humans that don't lift a finger to help but keep demanding food and power and tech etc etc.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Whiirrr posted:

That was a close one. Wish I was going for the 15 hour one to begin with.

Nice. You got there just in the nick of time.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

I did https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=7088 back in the day.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
The latest FFF - https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-148

It's by their US dev Rseding91 and mostly concerns optimizations he's planning for 0.14. He also reckons 0.13 should be stable by the 1st of August as they have ~60 bugs open and the rate of new ones has slowed right down.
One thing he's added for 0.14 - trains have kill counts in MP games. Drone, your shameful train deaths will be recorded ;)

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Hair Elf

Could.. could you port it to 13.0? I suddenly have a mighty need for this!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

New patch adds logistic auto-trash slots, like reverse request slots.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Tenebrais posted:

New patch adds logistic auto-trash slots, like reverse request slots.
Its funny they call it a minor feature. This is such a huge small change for quality of life trashing for wood, artifacts, and belts that need upgraded.

It probably shouldn't be called trash at this point though.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

zedprime posted:

Its funny they call it a minor feature. This is such a huge small change for quality of life trashing for wood, artifacts, and belts that need upgraded.

It probably shouldn't be called trash at this point though.

There was a mod for this a while ago. It was amazing, and also let you auto-trash above a certain amount too.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

Could.. could you port it to 13.0? I suddenly have a mighty need for this!

It actually only really took adding the "hey I'm 0.13 compatible" flag because there's no (game) scripting, none of the pertinent formats changed, and I wrote it to adapt to new biter types (so behemoths are handled), but now I want to tweak the numbers because :spergin:

Also I'm lazy, so I may never upload it to the mod portal. So here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtzfar1bli37j5n/Biter-Bites_1.0.0.zip?dl=0

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Can the biters pathfind to me around this huge body of water?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SinineSiil posted:

Can the biters pathfind to me around this huge body of water?

There may not actually be a path around it, at least before you drive over there and trigger the generation of more chunks.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

god drat I wish my map looked like that

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

SinineSiil can you post the map seed / settings for that?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
0.13.11 is out

code:
    Small changes
        Further locale changes and polish.
        Horizontal mouse wheel scrolling is now translated to vertical scrolling, because of key binding problems on OS X. OS X blueprint book binding is changed back to Shift + Mouse wheel up/down, other custom horizontal mouse wheel bindings are changed to vertical.

Bugfixes
        Fixed that the Linux binaries would crash after handcrafting finishes. (29614)
        Fixed offshore pump could be built on top of other offshore pumps. (29705)
        Fixed pumjack output would show 0.0/s. (29650)
        Fixed that "show pollution on minimap" didn't work when "show pollution on map" was not enabled. (29651)
        Fixed scrolling on OS X.
        Fixed exploit of connecting energy producer to more networks and connecting them by switches. (28249)
        Fixed long handed inserters couldn't pick up from the ends of cargo wagons. (29343)
        Fixed that when a mod defined a technology with an invalid recipe, it could crash the game. (29701)

Scripting
        Fixed accumulators with circuit connectors not working correctly when exported through get_blueprint_entities(). (29727)
        Changed LuaSurface::find_entities/filtered to take either area, position, or neither instead of just area.
        Added LuaGroup::order read.
A much shorter list, they're pushing hard for stable on the 1st of August.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I bought this game and even though I haven't gotten to blue science yet (keep rerolling maps because the initial rush is so much fun) I did play with a bunch of trains today. It was great. I want to use more trains, they look so goddamn productive.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Loopoo posted:

Loopoo posted:

Sure thing!
>>>AAANAAoABgACAwYAAAAEAAAAY29hbAMDAwoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
AwMDCQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAMDBQoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlAgMCCAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlAwMDBQAAAHN0b25lAwMDXMvaqICEHgCAhB4AAwCcoyrS<<
<
But I tested it just in case and it seems like it only worked in one or two patches ago. :/

Platystemon posted:

There may not actually be a path around it, at least before you drive over there and trigger the generation of more chunks.

So I won't do that, unless I want thousands of biters coming after me. I'll post a update when I have revealed the whole lake.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 26, 2016

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 31, 2022

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I think they've improved path finding quite a bit since then, but I had a map like that a version or two ago, and as I ventured around the lake I found huge piles of biter corpses where they tried to get to my base and couldn't so the pathfinder killed them.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
a

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Mar 31, 2022

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

SinineSiil posted:

Sure thing!
>>>AAANAAoABgACAwYAAAAEAAAAY29hbAMDAwoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
AwMDCQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAMDBQoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlAgMCCAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlAwMDBQAAAHN0b25lAwMDXMvaqICEHgCAhB4AAwCcoyrS<<
<
But I tested it just in case and it seems like it only worked in one or two patches ago. :/

From patch 0.13.10 - Map generator tweaks (predictable starting area resources, water only in starting area works now, fixed a few bugs in biome generation).

So yeah, if you're saying that string now generates something different, that will be why.

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

With 15 whole seconds to spare. Got kinda nervous at the end when the launch animation seemed to go on forever.

Can't believe I was something like five minutes under 15h in my last run and now eight hours wasn't a big deal at all. I bet I could do under five hours no problem.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
What did you skip and what did you get to make the 8 hours? How much planning did you do? I'm about 40 minutes into my run and only have my iron plates done and am starting on red science / copper.

I'm not sure how many things I need, I vaguely remember I'm going to need a TON of steel though. I calc'd it's 26 furnaces to saturate a single yellow belt so I went with that.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 26, 2016

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Just skim through a factorio speedrun video. They're around the 2 hour mark now with a fixed seed but you can adopt a lot of the same strategies for around 4 hours on a random map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
The Upgrade Planner seems to have been refactored slightly, and I can no longer use it to only remove trees and rocks without removing anything else. Anyone know of another mod that add a blue print that just removes trees and rocks?