Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you could have just not left, for that

you fairweather lil b!tch

The abuse to you was too great for me. Couldn't take the injustice anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I also wouldn't mind just randomly exploring systems too! It's got to be neat just whiling away time in space.

Exploration is amazing money if you get lucky, just find a wormhole into some backwater 0.0 shitshow and go hack some cans, odds are in a couple of hours you'll have like 50mil

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xachariah posted:

If we're indoctrinated Reddit must be North Korea

Given reddit is basically censorship on everything not of the hive mind, yea.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I believer the standard issue r/eve response is to say that chatlogs which make your side look bad are always faked and/or taken out of context.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

vyst posted:

Given SA is basically censorship on everything not of the hive mind, yea.

ftfy

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
As much poo poo tmc gets, let's never forget en24 and whoever that one guy that owned it was

Oof

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

And also the site admins don't tacitly endorse them, so they can't post here :sun:

They make them mods instead. :aatrek:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Uhhh how does this work? Censorship doesn't mean what you think it means chumpzilla.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

Hello thread! That was a heck of a lot of posts to catch up on.

I'm glad so many are enjoying my newbie adventures into space mining. If anything else weird happens to me tonight when I make a start with my little venture I'll let you know. So far the sheer chillness of just puttering about space and zapping some asteroids is enticing me to play on past my trial.

I also wouldn't mind just randomly exploring systems too! It's got to be neat just whiling away time in space.

Exploration sites (Data & Relic) are actually really profitable for new players.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Siets posted:

CTRL + F9 will make all of your UI temporarily go away in case you want to take any pretty screenshots of your new adventures in space. Print Screen key is the actual screenshot button, and then the screenshots get saved in your Documents\EVE Online\captures\screenshots folder.

But yes, do keep posting about your :shobon: newbie adventures. Stories like those always take me back.

I don't know how people can take screenshots of videogames without ShareX (it even directly uploads to imgur).

vyst posted:

Given reddit is basically censorship on everything not of the hive mind, yea.

Ehhh, yes and no. You can sort by 'Controversial' to see heavily downvoted things, or 'New' to see everything new, etc.

Reddit has a number of things that make it a 'not great' thing, but the UI isn't bad once you've become acquainted with it.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Exploration sites (Data & Relic) are actually really profitable for new players.

Wormholes are pretty.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 11, 2016

Crimewave
Apr 6, 2016

hugbox

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

wait didnt you have a fit about something already

It's funny because the only fit I saw was the circle jerk that formed around me.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
who was nice dude offered to give advice to running level 5 missions? I don't know how to rewind or search for it in this thread :bad:
I got a few questions:

1. how many puller alts do you optimistically need? for 1 hour of continuously running.
2. I assume all empire faction corps are equal regarding isk/hour?
3. agents give out missions in a constellation, how risky is it taking gates with my carrier?
4. lastly, do i need to be blue with the local residing corp to realistically run any of the missions?

thanks

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

That's some M Night Shyamalan stuff right there. We complain about our terrible allies and we were the worst ally all along. :cripes:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

Uhhh how does this work? Censorship doesn't mean what you think it means chumpzilla.

he's upset he isnt allowed to be incredibly bigoted without getting banned

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
VideoGames - the game does a terrible job of pointing this out with the new ~opportunities map~ thing, but if you press F12 there will be an option to show career agents - it's a set of 5 tutorial mission chains that do an ok job explaining some of the things you can do in the game.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
How much money is videogames up to?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

drat !! he changed the word reddit to SA :prepop:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
If you needed a pastebin to confirm member alliances were doing The Wrong poo poo off On Their Own you're really, really slow.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poo poo faphammer, it's like two different people can have two differing opinions. I know you like to claim everyone is huffing mittani's farts over here, but that's pretty much universally not the case.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013
just accept goonwaffe into pl, then let that be the end of it

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Altran posted:

honestly this is the most appropriate ending

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Altran posted:

"The Dark Crystal" gambit

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

cravius posted:

honestly this is the most appropriate ending

What, like the ~great schism~ is healed?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Foehammer007 posted:

How much money is videogames up to?

I'll find out once I log in! Currently just installing ShareX. What a nifty little program! I had no idea about it. Thank you Xolve!

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

No, but it'd be funny

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

cravius posted:

No, but it'd be funny

up until we got in comms with them

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

what great schism, hey videogame, can we have alliance tickers in this thread? it's mighty confusing who is who, the only way currently is guess by ones bitterness to a previous post

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

up until we got in comms with them

I don't actually see many GEWNS tags in comms, or at least ones that talk. Maybe we're just keeping our lovely opinions to ourselves?

Other corporations within GSF love to talk though and make terrible opinions known to all.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

I don't actually see many GEWNS tags in comms, or at least ones that talk. Maybe we're just keeping our lovely opinions to ourselves?

Other corporations within GSF love to talk though and make terrible opinions known to all.

unlike the ~valued allies~, we know we're poo poo and only inflict our terrible opinions on others by way of lovingly crafted posts

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I rarely get on mumble because everyone has such insufferable voices and/or opinions.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

holy poo poo, you are not pl? i have been guessing by the bitterness of your post that you are in pl or nc.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

poo poo faphammer, it's like two different people can have two differing opinions. I know you like to claim everyone is huffing mittani's farts over here, but that's pretty much universally not the case.

Read my next post plz

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Altran posted:

what great schism, hey videogame, can we have alliance tickers in this thread? it's mighty confusing who is who, the only way currently is guess by ones bitterness to a previous post
cucked

Altran posted:

holy poo poo, you are not pl? i have been guessing by the bitterness of your post that you are in pl or nc.

I bitter post about EVE a lot, I like playing the game with chill people, but yeah I'm bitterer than a lemon peel.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 11, 2016

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good lord! I have 700,246,519 isks. Am I really reading that correctly? 700 million?

Also, I have the cutest little Venture!

I called it Rock.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

VideoGames posted:

Good lord! I have 700,246,519 isks. Am I really reading that correctly? 700 million?

I called it Rock.

:shobon: got to get you up to a billion when I get home later.

Altran
Mar 20, 2013

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

The core corp that formed Pandemic Legion originally, [ISRAD], was GoonFleet's old BlackOps Squad. They decided that GoonSwarm wasn't cool, and got in a dick measuring contest with Darius JOHNSON, who didn't like them anyways apparently, and then left, and formed PL.

I've left a lot of poo poo out, but if you've ever been another Goon MMO Guild, it was a lot of that same style drama before a guild splinters.

god, that's like 10 years ago, how long is that grudge gonna hold? are there even any goon left in israd?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGames posted:

I called it Rock.

The best poster. :swoon: :allears: :nyoron:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

The core corp that formed Pandemic Legion originally, [ISRAD], was GoonFleet's old BlackOps Squad. They decided that GoonSwarm wasn't cool, and got in a dick measuring contest with Darius JOHNSON, who didn't like them anyways apparently, and then left, and formed PL.

I've left a lot of poo poo out, but if you've ever been another Goon MMO Guild, it was a lot of that same style drama before a guild splinters.

Not even close.

PL was around way before ISRAD.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Altran posted:

who was nice dude offered to give advice to running level 5 missions? I don't know how to rewind or search for it in this thread :bad:
I got a few questions:

1. how many puller alts do you optimistically need? for 1 hour of continuously running.
2. I assume all empire faction corps are equal regarding isk/hour?
3. agents give out missions in a constellation, how risky is it taking gates with my carrier?
4. lastly, do i need to be blue with the local residing corp to realistically run any of the missions?

thanks

1. I would say around 3. The odds of getting a doable mission are around 40%. This doesn't at all guarantee you could go on for an hour every time.
2. You cash out as implants so yes. That's about 700 isk/lp. I guess if you have caldari navy you could go hog wild in jita itself. I've cashed out as ammo for increased isk/lp a few times though that takes more effort as well.
3. You will die. You need a carrier in a station with a suitable undock in every system you intend to run missions in.
4. No, as long as you don't live next door to snuffbox or shadow cartel. You also don't want to do them in B tier groups' home system. I usually don't bother if local is over 10 because odds are one of the chucklefucks will drop probes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Wasn't there a Corp from the five that was one of the PL founders or did they all go to BoB

• Locked thread