Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I play both PC and console games and have little trouble swapping between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Steam controller is perfect for third person games for me. Having the gyro aim makes it worth it. RE:4 is real good this way.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Lakbay posted:

How did the Steam Controller turn out

I hate it. It's weirdly shaped, I don't like the lack of a d-pad, I don't like the feel of the touchpads. Some love how configurable it is but I am not interested in wasting a ton of time on configuring it or wading through the mess of community-provided presets. I imagine there's a big learning curve to it but I'm not interesting in sticking with it that long, because I'm pretty sure that will result in me sinking a lot of time into discovering that I still hate it.

Steam Link + Xbox 360 controller is okay (when it works), though.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
So does Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX for PS4 fix problems with the original games and make them better, or have they just had a graphical face lift?

I haven't played KH since they originally came out, it'd be fun to play through the series before maybe playing KH3, just wanna know if it'll be worth the money, or if I should just play my PS2 copies.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I use a gamepad on the PC.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Help Im Alive posted:

Imagine a world where console gamers and PC gamers live in harmony

Even if we get organic compubeings that evolve on their own to suit the user's needs, obsoleting consoles and PCs, PC gamers will still find a way to act superior about their organo-meshes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mutata posted:

Console gamer: it's fun to give pc gamers an fps and a controller lol

PC Gamer: oh, so auto-aim is just an on-by-default menu option?

whats auto-aim

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

ImpAtom posted:

I play both PC and console games and have little trouble swapping between the two.

Same here, really don't get the hate. I even like FPS on both M + KB and controller, just depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

So does Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX for PS4 fix problems with the original games and make them better, or have they just had a graphical face lift?

I haven't played KH since they originally came out, it'd be fun to play through the series before maybe playing KH3, just wanna know if it'll be worth the money, or if I should just play my PS2 copies.

It's bundling the two PS3 collections in one game, each one of those collections had their respective main KH title plus one other game and another side game converted to cutscenes. And I think all games are the international final mix versions where applicable.

So 1.5 had KH1, the PS2 Chain of Memories, and the cutscenes from 358/2, and 2.5 had KH2, Birth by Sleep, and Re:Coded turned into cutscenes. The PS4 collection just bundles all of those.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Stux posted:

whats auto-aim

It's that band-aid setting that devs hide in their console games' menus and turn on by default so players don't know that aiming with a joystick blows and feel bad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

These gamefaqs level pc vs. console (or kbm vs. controller) arguments sure are great

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stux posted:

whats auto-aim

it's when you can aim out a car in gta

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

mutata posted:

It's that band-aid setting that devs hide in their console games' menus and turn on by default so players don't know that aiming with a joystick blows and feel bad.

You're opening a can of worms with one of the few existing pad gamers who doesn't use auto aim and could easily compete at high tiers of play against kb+m players. Just a heads up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Auto aim is fun in online console shooters because you don't have to actually aim for poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

You're opening a can of worms with one of the few existing pad gamers who doesn't use auto aim and could easily compete at high tiers of play against kb+m players. Just a heads up.

Nope.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

gently caress your shooter just give me Metroid Prime 4 already, gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of I actually really liked playing Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer death match.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That reminds me of that one Overwatch player that was doing amazing poo poo with Lucio on console, and all the YouTube comments were like "You're a fuccboi console gamer, try to do that on PC and you'll get rekt" so he bought a PC version of Overwatch and got to Grandmaster rank

Edit: excuse me, Top 500 not Grandmaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcA3cCQfe3s

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

:lol:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I really like Overwatch since it's an FPS game that I can play well without being able to twitch aim for poo poo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Hey can we not do console wars: input device edition tia

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Agreed, it's been settled already, your personal preference is objectively the best

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing AssCreed 2 like it's 2009

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hey can we not do console wars: input device edition tia

It's too late. You must choose a side lest you become stuck using a smart phone touch interface in the coming console wars.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like controllers for games that don't require fine-aim, and mouse/keyboard for games that do. :shobon:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nothing holds a candle to the Dreamcast fishing controller anyhow

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

It's bundling the two PS3 collections in one game, each one of those collections had their respective main KH title plus one other game and another side game converted to cutscenes. And I think all games are the international final mix versions where applicable.

So 1.5 had KH1, the PS2 Chain of Memories, and the cutscenes from 358/2, and 2.5 had KH2, Birth by Sleep, and Re:Coded turned into cutscenes. The PS4 collection just bundles all of those.

That said, did those remasters fix problems with each of their respective games, or will I be playing a ports of a 2002 game with pretty graphics?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hate your favorite control method and use the one you don't like

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

bloodychill posted:

It's too late. You must choose a side lest you become stuck using a smart phone touch interface in the coming console wars.

I see that Super Mario Run has come to the Android and I am looking forward to playing Mario with one button

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hey bro here's ur controller, game on !!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
the only pc games ive played in the last 10 years are Civ5, starcraft 2 and diablo 3

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Franchescanado posted:

That said, did those remasters fix problems with each of their respective games, or will I be playing a ports of a 2002 game with pretty graphics?

What problems specifically? The story is still Kingdom Hearts, not sure they'll ever get around to patching that problem.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

I don't think anything gameplay-wise was changed outside of them being the final mix editions (and obviously the games truncated to cutscenes). They were just prettied up and released. Maybe the new versions have a higher resolution, iunno.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Hey bro here's ur controller, game on !!!

Use L or R to protect yo neck

bloodychill posted:

What problems specifically? The story is still Kingdom Hearts, not sure they'll ever get around to patching that problem.

Tightening up combat and controls, etc.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
http://shogunbros.com/chameleon/x1

Behold the solution to the Controller WarZ, a mouse/controller hybrid that is bad at being both

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Maybe one of these days we'll be able to have a discussion about controllers without the PCMASTERRACE jumping in to remind everybody that KB+M is God's chosen input method.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

http://shogunbros.com/chameleon/x1

Behold the solution to the Controller WarZ, a mouse/controller hybrid that is bad at being both

Not shaped like a Dragon Quest slime, 0/10

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to play crusader kings 2 with a dualshock 4 and dark souls with KBM and you can't stop me

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Maybe there can be a thread for the Controller v M+KB debate.

I would honestly love to see what new and exciting meltdowns could come from the discussion having the space to slowly ferment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/zerochoirs/status/846405899103223809

Why even have a story at that point

• Locked thread