Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm finally making my way through rifftrax after years of not being very interested for some inexplicable reason, and Jesus this Buffalo Rider movie. :psyduck:

A film about animal preservation that features bears ripping chunks out of each other's backs in a way that I'm pretty sure had to be instigated by the film crew. This is probably the most morally reprehensible movie they'll ever do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Maremidon posted:

I'm finally making my way through rifftrax after years of not being very interested for some inexplicable reason, and Jesus this Buffalo Rider movie. :psyduck:

A film about animal preservation that features bears ripping chunks out of each other's backs in a way that I'm pretty sure had to be instigated by the film crew. This is probably the most morally reprehensible movie they'll ever do.

Don't forget the entire "Bandit's Adventure" sequence.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Maremidon posted:

Someone forgot this short
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfKxTu4PLWI

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Oh good, the Rifftrax twitter replied back to my question about the three Kickstarter shorts and mp3 version of Starship Trooper being available to the public, saying that will be happening very soon.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

That one is hard to watch.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Yeah guys, I'm deeply ashamed of my race right now.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Is anyone else at the encore? I'm alone in my theatre.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Silent Rage was pretty great, but I'm disappointed that they cut it out with the Tom Waits jokes early on. I lost it over, "What's he building in there...?"

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

I'm at my theater right now. Empty, but the show doesn't start for another 45 minutes here.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Missed the encore because of a power outage at the theater. Didn't get to see the original broadcast, either.

Pretty pissed at the moment.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'd say the theater was half-full at my location. Advantages of a college town, I suppose. The popcorn vendor complained that he'd been roped into working both nights that the show aired, when he really wanted to go see it.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/batman-robins-wild-ride

Part three of the Batman serial just went up!

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Yes!

If you backed the Kickstarter at $20 or more, the MANOS: The Hands of Fate VOD is now available at http://www.rifftrax.com/kickstarter2013/rewards

e: and apparently an extra $5 gift certificate is also added to the account!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

parasyte posted:

Awesome. I'm getting the two latest Batman Shorts when I get home!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Got Manos and the latest Batman short! And still have $3 left for whatever the next VOD is.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

parasyte posted:

Yes!

If you backed the Kickstarter at $20 or more, the MANOS: The Hands of Fate VOD is now available at http://www.rifftrax.com/kickstarter2013/rewards

Downloading now! Already bought the new Batman short, so I'll have to use the gift certificate next time.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alright, so I got the last two Batman shorts to complete the 3 they released already. I still have a buck left in credit. Does anyone have any recommendations for any recent shorts to burn the last dollar hole in my pocket? Or should I save it for the next Batman short?

EDIT: There were 15 episodes of this show, I wonder how many they'll end up doing.

IUG fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 14, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I hope they do them all, honestly.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
So I noticed something interesting about the "Manos" VOD… every appearance by the people doing that sequel have been completely removed. They're not even listed in the credits! I'm beginning to wonder if something on that end was what held up this one from being shown again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

So I noticed something interesting about the "Manos" VOD… every appearance by the people doing that sequel have been completely removed. They're not even listed in the credits! I'm beginning to wonder if something on that end was what held up this one from being shown again.

Normally I would get upset about the removal of content, but not this. That sounded like the worst part of the show and would had fast forward past it anyway.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

I haven't watched the VOD yet (I'm saving it to watch with friends), but this is a welcome change. For people that were supposed to be actors in a movie, those bits in the theater were hard to watch.

Yes I know I'm talking about a Manos The Hands Of Fate movie and it's actors, but still, they were that bad.

Rirse posted:

Normally I would get upset about the removal of content, but not this. That sounded like the worst part of the show and would had fast forward past it anyway.

Yeah, and at the very end of Manos 1 they showed a trailer for Manos 2. It featured professional wrestlers in what appeared to be a hospital. I think everyone in my theater agreed that there was no point in a Manos 2, especially trying to sell it to people that watch the Manos 1 movie and know exactly why it's a good-bad film.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"Manos 2" was cringe inducing.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
There was also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRsVyZqwWY8

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Sep 15, 2013

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Robert Denby posted:

I'd forgotten about that. No loss.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

I honestly though this was funny. :colbert:

But I will agree it would be a lot funnier with all of the Manos 2 clips taken out.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Given what I've heard about the M2 folks, it would not surprise me at all if the reason why it took so long for the VoD/their scenes getting removed from it was because they were demanding money from RT.

Has the Rifftrax guys said anything about a rifftrax player that works with BR discs? I know it's the epitome of :effort:, but I lose incentive to purchase/watch a rifftrax, knowing I have to manually sync it up. Especially when my perfectionism kicks in, and the microseconds off begin to drive me nuts.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I liked the video too. It's silly, and the overly long gag of Torgo getting up? It works.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Sep 16, 2013

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Wandering Knitter posted:

I honestly though this was funny. :colbert:

But I will agree it would be a lot funnier with all of the Manos 2 clips taken out.

Yeah, nothing wrong with the music video.

Manos 2 just feels so weirdly cynical and uninteresting to me. I don't get the impression there's any real love in it at all; it's just some sniveling dork trying to use a lapsed copyright and an admittedly impressive Torgo impersonation to get his foot in the door in the industry and/or make a quick buck.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Oh, I just figured they cut the music video from the VOD. I thought it was pretty good as well. I'm still sad they didn't play this after Starship Troopers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThrVQKl04Ak

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Via Twitter:
BillCorbett: To those who asked if RIFFTRAX LIVE: “Manos” The Hands of Fate would ever be released, the answer: YES. When: THIS FRIDAY, 9/20. RT at will!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I was a little surprised they took out the Torgo's Pizza bit; I thought that was by the people who were doing the stage show, not the sequel.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Evil Mastermind posted:

I was a little surprised they took out the Torgo's Pizza bit; I thought that was by the people who were doing the stage show, not the sequel.

Someone bought this up in the Manos thread, but I guess some of the people in that skit ARE from Manos 2.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

Via Twitter:
BillCorbett: To those who asked if RIFFTRAX LIVE: “Manos” The Hands of Fate would ever be released, the answer: YES. When: THIS FRIDAY, 9/20. RT at will!

Friday is the best day!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gaseous Snake posted:

Friday is the best day!

So. Manos. The Hands of Fate.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So. Manos. The Hands of Fate.

Yeah, but not in so many words.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yeah, but not in so many words.

Y'know, "Manos".

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!
Today Mike, Kevin, and Bill had their phone conference for the $125 tier they forgot to credit.

They hinted at working on a superhero movie even sillier than Puma Man. :supaburn: They said it had Cameron Mitchell.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079971/

If this is true I will.....buy it I guess to show how much I love them and what they do and this isn't a very good joke...

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's going through his IMDB page. Man, this guy's done a lot of stuff.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's going through his IMDB page. Man, this guy's done a lot of stuff.

Take a look at Joe Estevez' page. Not a great actor, but the man stays busy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.

BloodDesk UnderHell posted:

Today Mike, Kevin, and Bill had their phone conference for the $125 tier they forgot to credit.

They hinted at working on a superhero movie even sillier than Puma Man. :supaburn: They said it had Cameron Mitchell.

Haha, yes! I stumbled across Supersonic Man last week on YouTube and asked Rifftrax on Facebook if that could ever be a possibility for a VOD and they said:

Rifftrax posted:

Mmmmmmmaybe!

This is going to be so awesome. It's directed by the same guy who brought us Pod People, so you know it's top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw1PFuPHVfI

• Locked thread