Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I was deeply impressed with R2 in the store, it's very tempting to pick him up.

I decided to go ahead and jump on maul and r2. We'll see what I think when they get here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

404GoonNotFound posted:

So Amazon has 3/4 of the first wave of the Black Series on sale today (oddly enough, Sandtrooper's still 18) and I can't decide whether Maul or R2 are worth an impulse purchase. Looking at a few pics, the deciding factor may be Maul's cloak. What's the plastic like on that, annoyingly rigid or what?

It's actually really rubbery and flexible. It's a little tough to pose his arms up too high with the cloak on, but he comes with 2 heads. The cloak is permanently attached to head 1, but head 2 is just a plain old head. You don't have to have the cloak on at all, if you don't want it. I have him, the Sandtrooper, and now Boba Fett - I am completely floored by the quality of these figures. The sculpts and articulation are great. The and paint jobs are spot on - down to Boba having little silver painted dents and scratches in his armor.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Mr. Yuk posted:

It's actually really rubbery and flexible. It's a little tough to pose his arms up too high with the cloak on, but he comes with 2 heads. The cloak is permanently attached to head 1, but head 2 is just a plain old head. You don't have to have the cloak on at all, if you don't want it. I have him, the Sandtrooper, and now Boba Fett - I am completely floored by the quality of these figures. The sculpts and articulation are great. The and paint jobs are spot on - down to Boba having little silver painted dents and scratches in his armor.

Well that does it then, followed Bushifox's lead and got them both. Fett will have to wait until after Xmas though.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Djarum posted:

My Samus and Link still hasn't shipped and everyone else has had it about a month ago. I really won't order from them again.

I like a lot of things about BBTS, except the part where they actually give me things in exchange for my money. What are some quality alternatives?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The Diddler posted:

I like a lot of things about BBTS, except the part where they actually give me things in exchange for my money. What are some quality alternatives?

For 99% of stuff I just use Amazon anymore. With Prime shipping the price can't be beat and almost everything I have been wanting has been on there. Only exceptions have been retailer exclusive stuff which I have never had luck getting. *cough*MP Soundwave*cough*

For Japanese stuff I hear that http://www.amiami.com/ is really, really good. I know those that preordered their Link and Samus from them got them late October. Next Japanese figure I want that I can't get from Amazon I am gonna order from them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Well this is certainly one of the standout pieces in my collection. Hot Toys T-800 Battle Damaged Edition.

It's insane how sturdy this build is and how huge. He can't even fit on his stand with my Ikea shelves. I think he's just as tall as the Predator Classic because he can't either (which is kinda weird, as Dutch is shorter than the Predator but maybe the Terminator is taller??). Everything about this owns tho - and I can easily see myself changing things up every couple of months. Not pictured is the spare jacket with a ripped sleeve so you can recreate the final-final scene and the T-1000 this came with (didn't get the Robert Patrick exclusive, I don't remember seeing it till later and it was sold out already (on eBay the head alone is going for $70 so it seems quite rare)).

All that's really left now is getting Robocop and my favorite 80's movies heroes/villains will be complete. Unless they add Rambo or Rocky (since they have Stallone's likeness for Expendables) -- MAYBE COBRA?! loving Hot Toys man.... EVIL.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aww drat, I'm gonna have to get that. With Mandarin, Mark 21, and Jor-El all coming next month, I hope that BD T-800 is still available in January.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It's no USS Flag but it's certainly sizable. Toys R Us has the helicarrier on sale for $40 for black friday.

Seriously, this thing it massive. I bought one at SDCC last year and it's basically the size of an ikea coffee table.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12876751

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

RevKrule posted:

It's no USS Flag but it's certainly sizable. Toys R Us has the helicarrier on sale for $40 for black friday.

Seriously, this thing it massive. I bought one at SDCC last year and it's basically the size of an ikea coffee table.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12876751

Wasn't the SDCC version a foot longer than the regular release, though?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Be prepared to deal with matty Bullshit on Cyber Monday. They're not listing two yet to be named exclusives for that day, and there's a real good chance the site goes down(again) when people hit it.

Strobo is currently up still so he's not at 200 bucks anymore. In fact watch him wind up at Big lots a few months down the road.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Picked up Rocksteady yesterday with no issues at toys r us. The guy in front of me in line, who looked completely normal, was buying some sort of mystery packs with MLP dolls in it and I was like HOLY poo poo, A REAL LIFE BRONY HOW loving SAD then realized I was holding a $20 toy born of 80s nostalgia and figured I'm not one to judge but at least my toy isn't loving pink avid or little girls (mine is for men bitch).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

Picked up Rocksteady yesterday with no issues at toys r us. The guy in front of me in line, who looked completely normal, was buying some sort of mystery packs with MLP dolls in it and I was like HOLY poo poo, A REAL LIFE BRONY HOW loving SAD then realized I was holding a $20 toy born of 80s nostalgia and figured I'm not one to judge but at least my toy isn't loving pink avid or little girls (mine is for men bitch).

It seems your memory has blocked out when they made TMNT figures for girls.

Yes this is a real thing that happened and yes the results were hideous.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Any one see the Robocop Movie figures yet? They have light up eyes and I really want them but so far only trickles heard around the nation

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Jet Ready Go posted:

Any one see the Robocop Movie figures yet? They have light up eyes and I really want them but so far only trickles heard around the nation

I saw them yesterday, very underwhelming. They seem a bit short and lacking in paint but the light up visor reminded me of the old Cyclops figures.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Louisgod posted:

I saw them yesterday, very underwhelming. They seem a bit short and lacking in paint but the light up visor reminded me of the old Cyclops figures.

That's actually the biggest reason I want it. My FAVORITE toys from the era I was a kid had light up features (or clear figures like Iceman) and I want these pretty bad. A friend got one and the chroming job they did on the silver armor looked really nice.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Anyone have any of the NECA gremlins figures they want to get rid of? My daughter wants a gizmo for Christmas, and I was going to buy the Christmas one they had at TRU for 5 bucks, but it seems to have sold out. Ebay prices seem to be a bit inflated at the moment. Also, the stuffed one, but it looks like I can get that on ebay for 15 bucks.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you still need the Rocket Racoon set of Jean, Wrecker, and Black Panther they are all up on Hasbrotoyshop and if you use the FRIDAY10 code you get free shipping and 10% off.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?SWD=marvel+legends&CDT=1385755207

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I'm thinking about the second set of NECA's Pacific Rim figures and was wondering if anybody can chime in about battle damaged Gipsy Danger. In the basic preview through them and on bbts it just sort of looks dirt covered compared to the first one. I love Striker and Leatherback and am debating buying the three pack, but I can't really tell if that Gipsy is worth not paying the markup on the old one.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Curious about that, too. Leatherback looks amazing. :3:

PS. I don't know if any of you jerks collect vinyl, but the Marvel Labbit blindboxes are phenomenal. So much detail on such tiny, angry bunnies.

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

DressCodeBlue posted:

Curious about that, too. Leatherback looks amazing. :3:

PS. I don't know if any of you jerks collect vinyl, but the Marvel Labbit blindboxes are phenomenal. So much detail on such tiny, angry bunnies.

Galactus is the best. I also have the big Venom, he's pretty great too.

They're coming out with series 2 next year. Only pic I could find:

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/kidrobot-mini-marvel-labbit-series-2-random

Good looking lineup.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just cause I want to make myself feel bad, what was the deal on the 1/6th halo figure a few days ago?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just cause I want to make myself feel bad, what was the deal on the 1/6th halo figure a few days ago?

He was in a BBTS 24 hour sale, but it's back in their Black Friday sale at the same price.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Canopus250 posted:

I'm thinking about the second set of NECA's Pacific Rim figures and was wondering if anybody can chime in about battle damaged Gipsy Danger. In the basic preview through them and on bbts it just sort of looks dirt covered compared to the first one. I love Striker and Leatherback and am debating buying the three pack, but I can't really tell if that Gipsy is worth not paying the markup on the old one.

After months of searching, I FINALLY found a Gipsy! I really like her. The battle damage is Gipsy but more dirty. She'd look nice with the other one, I'd imagine, mostly because of the chainswords. The chainswords make it. But then again this is the only Pacific Rim figure I have, so it's up to you if you think it's worth an extra buy. But the chainswords are really cool, so it depends how you feel about having a Gipsy with her most iconic weapon.

(i'll have to upload the rest later, imgur is being a bitch)

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

After months of searching, I FINALLY found a Gipsy! I really like her. The battle damage is Gipsy but more dirty. She'd look nice with the other one, I'd imagine, mostly because of the chainswords. The chainswords make it. But then again this is the only Pacific Rim figure I have, so it's up to you if you think it's worth an extra buy. But the chainswords are really cool, so it depends how you feel about having a Gipsy with her most iconic weapon.

(i'll have to upload the rest later, imgur is being a bitch)

So after I finally see this movie am I going to want all this stuff and be mad that I haven't gotten any yet?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Very much so. I passed up on the whole set the day before the film came out. I was so let down by Man of Steel, I decided to wait and see before I bought any of the products for Pacific Rim, in case it was terrible. Bad mistake. I loved it, and when to pick up the figures...They were gone, and I barely ever saw any of them after that day. I would say they're the most sought after NECA line at the moment.

Definitely pre-order the 18 inch Gipsy. I don't have her yet...but man, she looks worth it.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

TRU.com seems to have beebop and rocksteady

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23371096&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23371106&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thanks, ordered them as well as a Transformer set I'd wanted,

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.

Bachtere posted:

Galactus is the best. I also have the big Venom, he's pretty great too.

They're coming out with series 2 next year. Only pic I could find:

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/kidrobot-mini-marvel-labbit-series-2-random

Good looking lineup.
Red Skull is probably my fave of the ones I have.

And oh man I am pumped for that Hulk. :3:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Did you guys keep up with the Matty sale? I just looked, and they had a Kobra Khan up for sale. The Spirit of Hordak sold out really quickly, too.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Red posted:

Did you guys keep up with the Matty sale? I just looked, and they had a Kobra Khan up for sale. The Spirit of Hordak sold out really quickly, too.

I just grabbed a Mosquitor. They put up a Teela, which immediately disappeared, along with Snake Men, Horde Prime, and Rattlor. There are Webstors available, though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Red posted:

I just grabbed a Mosquitor. They put up a Teela, which immediately disappeared, along with Snake Men, Horde Prime, and Rattlor. There are Webstors available, though.

They've been rotating those figures all morning. I think they just put out smaller numbers this time just to screw with people.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Red posted:

Teela is the only one I'm sad I missed, this flash sale every hour thing is balls.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gotta rake in those inflated shipping dollars.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Holy crap it's been a long time since I've purchased at Matty. Figures are now almost $30??? Inflated shipping dollars nothing! By the time you actually get a figure you're shelling out probably close to $40....for one figure. One 6" figure....$40. That's specialty figure prices and even most specialty manufacturers would get laughed at if they charged that much.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Hasbro has 25% off and free shipping today; I was able to pick up a couple Hawkeyes and Hit-Monkey Wolverines pretty cheaply (I think they work out to be about $12.25 after taxes). I've been dying to do some customs with these guys but I don't really like to pay more than ~$10 for them.

Donde Esta fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 3, 2013

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

of course jean grey is out of stock.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

of course jean grey is out of stock.

Shes back in stock:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/marvel-legends-jean-grey-figure?BR=820&SBR=452&ID=32446

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Awesome, thanks so much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got my Rocksteady & Bebop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Got my Rocksteady & Bebop!

How are they? I'm still on the fence if I want to order from tru.com.