Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://www.instagram.com/p/B840HgFhl-E/

Jericho is peddling more conspiracy theories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

lol I came here to post Kev being big mad

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

kick him out of schadenfreude he does not deserve it

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Desti-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

fatherofmustard posted:

what a dipshit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jericho is really bad, no matter how good a performer he may be.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

kelly teased charlton about brexit on a recent show and mr. juicy responded with "this is why we sit on kevin's left". deserves getting dragged as he has been don't get me wrong but very unsurprised.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

Classy of him to set his location to Wuhan, China for that post

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Thauros posted:

kelly teased charlton about brexit on a recent show and mr. juicy responded with "this is why we sit on kevin's left". deserves getting dragged as he has been don't get me wrong but very unsurprised.

Charlton is 100% class and has very good opinions.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hadji murad posted:

Charlton is 100% class and has very good opinions.

Also his books are really good

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve known him for over ten years from a video game community here. Used to go to the big NJPW shows with him. Didn’t have to follow the product too closely because he’d catch me up on everything. Wonderful guy with a beautiful family.

He’s responsible for some very weird wrestling experiences in my life and some people I’ve met.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kevin Kelly is legitimately the worst commentator working today, even worse than CaMauro. I'm so happy my irrational hatred can smoothly transition into a rational one.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Oh cool, at least now I know why Kevin blocked me out of nowhere.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

NienNunb posted:

Kevin Kelly is legitimately the worst commentator working today

Uh this is blatantly untrue. Ever watched Smackdown?!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't believe so, no

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/toei_zero_one/status/1231377032497336322

Lets hope this means we get the Ace in the Zero One Movie

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

Kevin Kelly is legitimately the worst commentator working today

Regardless of what you think of his bad political views, this isn't even remotely true.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He's definitely the worst in Japan, I'll die on that hill

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can we do a thing where if we post a really long tweet in a language that isn't english we at least post a little context as to what's going on in it

I want to be able to follow some of these interesting looking pics but dang like why does that smooth looking guy have dark ironman in a headlock

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Can we do a thing where if we post a really long tweet in a language that isn't english we at least post a little context as to what's going on in it

I want to be able to follow some of these interesting looking pics but dang like why does that smooth looking guy have dark ironman in a headlock

Tanahashi is a big Kamen Rider fan and being the Ace of the Universe he can do things like go on set and wrestler robot bad guys okay!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1231395058559180801

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tanahashi is a big Kamen Rider fan and being the Ace of the Universe he can do things like go on set and wrestler robot bad guys okay!

I went in not knowing what anything in your post is but now I can look them up and see that they're about which is all I was asking for so thank you for the context

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1231384762419499009

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I stand by my take, whole heartedly. I'll listen to Corey Graves before I willfully listen to sleepy-rear end Kevin flatly saying "here we goooooooo, destiiiiiiiiinoooooooo"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

niennunb is wrong

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Gino consistently annoys me more than Kevin does but I also don't particularly like Kevin's style

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I haven't been particularly annoyed by Kevin but I also don't watch Naito matches so maybe he's way more annoying calling those

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’ve only seen people get annoyed at his long DESTINOOOOOOOOOOO call. I like all three of the NJPW announce team and think they work well together.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The NJPW English Announce Team is the best commentary team in pro-wrestling today, though the AEW Team is also very good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1231347543264636930?s=09

Becky is the only person seriously trying to make this feud with Shayna work.

Hold the gently caress up. Did Shayna bite the back of Becky’s head? Why?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

niennunb is wrong

Betrayed

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

coconono posted:

Hold the gently caress up. Did Shayna bite the back of Becky’s head? Why?

She wanted to make a STATEMENT

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shayna is a legit grappler. She coulda crippled Becky is a way they could easily pop back in backstage. The gently caress she need to bite people for?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

To make a STATEMENT.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

WWEspeak is hella depressing. Imagine having to sell an event that was conceived probably 20 minutes and without your knowledge all the while being whispered to by a guy in pinstripes.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

coconono posted:

WWEspeak is hella depressing. Imagine having to sell an event that was conceived probably 20 minutes and without your knowledge all the while being whispered to by a guy in pinstripes.

at great balls of fire,

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

The NJPW English Announce Team is the best commentary team in pro-wrestling today, though the AEW Team is also very good.

With rocky, I agree. Without, eh.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

If AEW replaces JR with Taz permanently, they’ll have the better team.

hadji murad posted:

I’ve known him for over ten years from a video game community here. Used to go to the big NJPW shows with him. Didn’t have to follow the product too closely because he’d catch me up on everything. Wonderful guy with a beautiful family.

He’s responsible for some very weird wrestling experiences in my life and some people I’ve met.

This sounds like a bunch of stories we’d be interested in hearing if you want to share!

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

PASS THE MASH posted:

With rocky, I agree. Without, eh.

I could see this, Rocky improves everything he's in. Roppongi Vice beating the Bucks at WK11 is what got me to stick with the rest of the show, and wrestling in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

Shayna is a legit grappler. She coulda crippled Becky is a way they could easily pop back in backstage. The gently caress she need to bite people for?
That's basic heel psychology, though. (In a match more than an angle, but still.)

How dare Ted DiBiase use the loaded glove! He's the best technician in the business, he doesn't need to do that!

How dare Don Frye use basic cheating heel tactics! He's a shooter, he doesn't need to do that!

Someone who the fans *know* doesn't need to do dastardly poo poo still doing dastardly poo poo? That gets heat. Not the same kind of heat that someone who the fans know *does* need to do dastardly poo poo doing it would get, but it's still effective.

(I'm not defending the biting angle as much as defending the psychology of a shooter and/or great technician type doing something unruly etc.)