Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's Gardening Mama and Camping Mama and all sorts of crap. Activision even had their own knockoff series called Science Papa at one point.

Man, that's bullshit. The best science is taught by weird old ex-hippie uncles who don't even pretend to assume responsibility for your safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA update (week of September 18):

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (September 19) - $39.99

Actually it came out on Tuesday, 9/16.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

That reminds me, I can't remember if it was explicitly mentioned earlier in the thread, but a lot of eShop stuff has a price premium in Canada now. Generally, games in the $30-$60 range are $5 more (so $35-$65), and even some of the lower-end stuff has price differences, like Shovel Knight is I think $16 instead of $15. So if you're in Canada and the prices don't look right, that's why.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

univbee posted:

That reminds me, I can't remember if it was explicitly mentioned earlier in the thread, but a lot of eShop stuff has a price premium in Canada now. Generally, games in the $30-$60 range are $5 more (so $35-$65), and even some of the lower-end stuff has price differences, like Shovel Knight is I think $16 instead of $15. So if you're in Canada and the prices don't look right, that's why.
Yep. A bit annoying when I picked up a $50 eshop card to get Theatrhythm to find that the premium meant after tax it was $50.84.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I've been thinking of buying Unepic. Would anyone recommend it? If that Nintendo sale includes Zero Mission and the Wii Sports Club games they may be getting a lot of my money today.

Fun fact about Zero Mission: it was outsold by the NES Classics Metroid port for GBA. Zero Mission straight up includes the original Metroid anyway.

greatn fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 18, 2014

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

univbee posted:

Yeah I was checking out Curtain Call on the eShop earlier this week before it released and saw it was $45. Then everyone here was saying it was $40 so I was hoping I was just imagining things. :(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Does the Smash demo drop at midnight, est?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Will they be releasing the Smash demo at 12, same as Curtain Call? Typical Nintendo, I bet the downloads will be slow as hell if they work at all like it was over christmas. Why not just release the Smash Demo today as part of the regular Thursday update?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

greatn posted:

Well I've been thinking of buying Unepic. Would anyone recommend it? If that Nintendo sale includes Zero Mission and the Wii Sports Club games they may be getting a lot of my money today.

Fun fact about Zero Mission: it was outsold by the NES Classics Metroid port for GBA. Zero Mission straight up includes the original Metroid anyway.

ehhhhh

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Haha jeez. The eShop description looked like whoever wrote it had English as a second language so I figured it was some quirky foreign hobbyist adventure game like a low rent Cave Story. That makes it look more like some dumb college freshman made it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

greatn posted:

Is Zero Mission even on the eShop? I thought it was just Metroid, Super Metroid, and Fusion.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

greatn posted:

Haha jeez. The eShop description looked like whoever wrote it had English as a second language so I figured it was some quirky foreign hobbyist adventure game like a low rent Cave Story. That makes it look more like some dumb college freshman made it.

Believe it or not, there are dumb college freshman all around the world, who speak a variety of languages!

But yes, after watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look, I also believed the whole way through it was not written in English originally.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rirse posted:

Is Zero Mission even on the eShop? I thought it was just Metroid, Super Metroid, and Fusion.

If you live in Japan, it's been there since June. If you live anywhere else, no. I wish it was out here and on sale this week.

edit: This week's Smash sale is really weak.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 18, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Spacebump posted:

If you live in Japan, it's been there since June. If you live anywhere else, no. I wish it was out here and on sale this week.

edit: This week's Smash sale is really weak.

Yeah, I figured it would have stuff like Fusion or X/Y, not garbage like Mystery Dungeon or the NES Metroid only.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Welp, that's a garbage sale.

A bunch of pokemon spin offs, NES metroid on both VCs and Wii Fit U.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Ugh you guys weren't kidding, what a garbage selection.

I would really be interested in finding out who comes up with these promotions and why they pick the games they do. It's so maddening to see them sit on a giant library of stuff and not use it for some unknown reason.

Anyway, considering I bought FE:A and KI:U last round a week without spending any money is a good thing.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I really hope Tropic Freeze gets a discount next round but it'll probably just be the 3DS version of DKCR. :smith:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Suspicious Cook posted:

I really hope Tropic Freeze gets a discount next round but it'll probably just be the 3DS version of DKCR. :smith:

For some reason I see it being NES Donkey Kong games and maybe Trop Freeze.

Yeah, they've dropped the ball with these sales.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Suspicious Cook posted:

Probably won't be that, they probably put Donkey Kong Junior Math on sale now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Suspicious Cook posted:

This Nintendo Canada website page has previewed the entire sale and mentions Tropical Freeze.

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/MIleW7XhJNJBQ6Z0mwM-h8Pw-VyoNQm5

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008
Here's the next batch of sales (cross-posting):

Wii U:
  • Pokemon Rumble U - $10.99
  • Wii Fit U - $19.99
  • Metroid - $3.49

3DS
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - $24.99
  • Pokemon Battle Trozei - $5.49
  • Metroid - $3.49

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ugh. What garbage.

I really wish I'd gone for the sales last week, but... eh, I'll be plenty entertained between Hyrule Warriors and Smash.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Pokemon Battle Trozei is actually a cool puzzler, worth the $5.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oh huh. Wow.

I was at least expecting Super Metroid and Pokemon X/Y.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Is Pokemon Rumble U good at all? I don't really know much about those games other than they're like Final Fight with Pokemon.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

elf help book posted:

This Nintendo Canada website page has previewed the entire sale and mentions Tropical Freeze.

http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/MIleW7XhJNJBQ6Z0mwM-h8Pw-VyoNQm5

Oh, this is excellent news. I love spending money unexpectedly. :unsmith:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Crossposting from the 3DS thread since this one seems more appropriate:

Does anyone know if eShop codes can be bought online? My only options right now are shady sites that buy physical cards and send a photo of the codes for a premium.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

gmq posted:

Crossposting from the 3DS thread since this one seems more appropriate:

Does anyone know if eShop codes can be bought online? My only options right now are shady sites that buy physical cards and send a photo of the codes for a premium.

Where are you? If it's for a specific game you can buy download codes from game.co.uk that get sent straight to your e-mail.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Shelf Adventure posted:

Where are you? If it's for a specific game you can buy download codes from game.co.uk that get sent straight to your e-mail.

Chile but I'm using the NA shop (since the Latin-American shop has nothing). It works mostly fine but I can't use my chilean credit card in the eShop.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

gmq posted:

Game.co.uk has some for sale. Dunno if they work outside of PAL region, tho'. EDIT: Foiled again.

Healbot posted:

So how is The Keep, for the US goons here?

Haven't played it, but reviews range from mediocre to 9/10. So it could go both way.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

homeless snail posted:

Is Pokemon Rumble U good at all? I don't really know much about those games other than they're like Final Fight with Pokemon.

I don't know that I would call it good, but it's not terrible. The fighting is really basic, if you want to zone out and button mash for a few hours I guess someone might find it enjoyable. There are some challenges that are really annoying like "Beat this level after 6pm on the weekend", I might be exaggerating a bit but some of the challenges were really stupid.

While you play you get a ton of pokemon to use and I also remember there being pretty poor sorting between all your pokemon and maybe you need a level 5 pokemon to beat a mission but you got so many pokemon that your lowest level is 10 and now you need to replay missions trying to get low level pokemon.

Ok maybe it is kind of terrible.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
At least the earlier Rumble games had some semblance of exploration, even if it was horribly linear. Rumble U levels just all take place in the same type of hexagonal dull arenas. While not really a good game, the original Rumble was good for zoning out while playing co-op, Rumble U is just a huge disappointment.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

Definitely, I enjoyed Battle Trozei more than I thought I would. The rest of the sale is pretty lackluster though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah PBT is loving awesome, most addictive game of the year and so much content (like 718 catchable Pokemon and dozens of worlds and levels) it could have easily been a full retail release.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

gmq posted:

Chile but I'm using the NA shop (since the Latin-American shop has nothing). It works mostly fine but I can't use my chilean credit card in the eShop.

Use the Canadian eShop instead. Stuff is slightly more expensive than the US shop but they will take non-Canadian cards, unlike the US eShop which only takes US cards. Set your province to Alberta and you only pay 5% tax.

e: It might not be possible to change shop regions after linking your NNID.

Ojetor fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 18, 2014

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I wish Donkey Kong '94 would go on sale.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ojetor posted:

e: It might not be possible to change shop regions after linking your NNID.

Yeah, I can't change regions since the whole NNID thing.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Wildtortilla posted:

I wish Donkey Kong '94 would go on sale.

It is really good; I got it for the 3DS as a Club Nintendo reward thingy and then dug out my SNES and the old cart so I could play it with the Super Game Boy effects/custom palettes. Probably one of the more "worth it" GB VC titles available right now.

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Just chiming in here to agree with Battle Torezi being a pretty good pick up and play puzzle game and worth the price. The rest of it is pretty bad but I had a sneaking suspicion that they were never going to drop the price of a mainline pokemon game, especially this early.

Also kind of hilarious how Mii Fighters are listed on the Eshop smashing sale site for Week 3, but have no games related to them on sale. They couldn't even discount the Mii Plaza games or Tomodachi Life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

planetarial posted:

Just chiming in here to agree with Battle Torezi being a pretty good pick up and play puzzle game and worth the price. The rest of it is pretty bad but I had a sneaking suspicion that they were never going to drop the price of a mainline pokemon game, especially this early.

Also kind of hilarious how Mii Fighters are listed on the Eshop smashing sale site for Week 3, but have no games related to them on sale. They couldn't even discount the Mii Plaza games or Tomodachi Life!

It just feels like they forgot to add 3 games to the sale.