Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

KayTee posted:

VV There was another story where his whole priest training g and ordination was a hypnotic false memory.

He descovers it when he is sat at a table and just let's everyone know "Well, I've given up being a priest and renounced the whole thing." - Casual as poo poo - and everyone else is shocked that he was a priest in the first place.

That was the same story I think. It was all a sham for some reason even though their intention was making him pope down the line. I think the whole arc might have been written just to de-priest him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Kwyndig posted:

Nightcrawler's an ordained minister? When did that happen?

Mike Carey's run, IIRC. The one everyone forgets because it was concurrent with Morrison's New X-Men. Then Chuck Austen came along, and, well...

EDIT: Nope, I'm wrong; Joe Casey. Mike Carey's run was later.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 18, 2016

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
One thing I do know is that when Nightcrawler's priest career crumbled, he could always go back upon his lucrative career of making plushies.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wasn't that like, his half sister or something?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

WickedHate posted:

Wasn't that like, his half sister or something?

She was Nightcrawler's foster sister, not a blood relative. But yeah, still creepy.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

e: actually, I haven't followed Deadpool in years, but shouldn't his older established cast (Bob, Agent X and his crew, etc) be there somewhere? Can't find them for the life of me.

They could have at least had Blind Al standing next to Daredevil.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Cangelosi posted:

One thing I do know is that when Nightcrawler's priest career crumbled, he could always go back upon his lucrative career of making plushies.

Creepiness aside, I appreciate 1) the strategic placement of the toy and 2) the martini glass full of wine in his tail.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cangelosi posted:

Man, even as a kid when this printed for the first time, I knew people don't say "YUM!" in response to...well, anything. I don't know why it still bothers me so much.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Apparently Claremont does.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Creepiness aside, I appreciate 1) the strategic placement of the toy and 2) the martini glass full of wine in his tail.

It's a(n oversized) coupe glass. The actual problem is that he's keeping a still red wine on ice, and serving it in a glass used for sparkling wines. Unless it's a subtle comment on the sophistication level of southern Germans...?

e: Look at the size of those goddamn glasses. You could arrange a centerpiece in one of those.

ee: a centerpiece for a clown banquet

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jan 18, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
It could be campari? Or some kind of Kirsch?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Nightcrawler is a goddamn traveling circus performer, I'm honestly surprised he even bothered with glasses.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

The Something Awful ForumsThe Finer ArtsBatman's Shameful SecretPost Funny Panels: a centerpiece for a clown banquet

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

It could be campari? Or some kind of Kirsch?

Even if so, it's just tacky as poo poo. You're not going to go in for multiple refills of an aperitif, so put the bottle away instead of keeping it on ice because you saw fancy people do that with a bottle of wine in a movie once.

Also, the huge glasses. Dude is planning to get his sister wrecked if that's anything stronger than red wine.

Mr. Maltose posted:

Nightcrawler is a goddamn traveling circus performer, I'm honestly surprised he even bothered with glasses.

It's not that he didn't do the ~*proper~* thing; it's that he obviously cargo culted what he thinks sophistication looks like, instead of either doing it properly or just doing his own thing. Falling between two stools like that is just tacky as hell.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
That is obviously a 75cl bottle of trappist beer, with an appropriate trappist glass. Fools.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

This is probably funnier to me than other people but yeah, that's the problem with women always wanting justice

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah, Nightcrawler is a circus weirdo, which is probably why he and Meggan had such Tension in Excalibur: Both of them grew up in wagons as weird outcasts. Also, he can hold his liquor.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

OH GOD IT'S ALIVE NOW

(from Nightcrawler #1)

Cangelosi fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 19, 2016

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Cangelosi posted:

Later that night, they're taking a bath together when Nightcrawler is suddenly contacted by Professor X, who orders him to teleport outside and grab Angel's girlfriend, who's been attacked by Morlocks. Nightcrawler complies, dumping her directly into the tub with his adoptive sister/girlfriend.

Claremont, everybody.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
To be fair, he started dating her before he realized she was his sister.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KayTee posted:

I seem to recall that it was all written by the same idiot who did his "Draco" storyline that everyone hates and ignores.

Who wrote the story about Polaris being Magneto's daughter after all (after multiple previous stories established this was absolutely NOT the case)? Same guy, or was that Chuck Austen?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Jerusalem posted:

Who wrote the story about Polaris being Magneto's daughter after all (after multiple previous stories established this was absolutely NOT the case)? Same guy, or was that Chuck Austen?

There have been several. Peter David wrote the most recent one, but Austen did one, too. Austen was also responsible for "The Draco" and the exploding communion wafers story. And the story where Angel and Husk have mid-air sex right above the X-Men and Husk's family.

Chuck Austen's run was terrible, is what I'm saying.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Chuck Austen's run was terrible, is what I'm saying.

What could possibly have given you this opinion.

:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/Aw6sitS.jpg

Whoops, sorry!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 19, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus christ mark that NWS you butt

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
:suicide: Tell me that's an edit. Tell me it's fanart. Tell me anything.

edit: also yeah mark it NWS NMS plz.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

:suicide: Tell me that's an edit. Tell me it's fanart. Tell me anything.

edit: also yeah mark it NWS NMS plz.

It's from some independent series he did with lots of swearing and nudity. The main character is legally distinct Wonder Woman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I don't think you should need to be told that there was not an actual Wonder Woman comic where her tits are out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think you should need to be told that there was not an actual Wonder Woman comic where her tits are out.

You show me a signed promise from Grant Morrison and maybe I'll believe you.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

Unless it's Zarda.

:nws:

http://i.imgur.com/BhMErQQ.jpg

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

I see you haven't read TDK3: The Master Race.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

It's from some independent series he did with lots of swearing and nudity. The main character is legally distinct Wonder Woman.

Between this, his X-Men run, that creepy Superman comic where a Kryptonian/Kryptonian-alike hosed a human woman to death, and Tripping the Rift I'm beginning to think Chuck Austen has a hosed up sexual psychology. Don't know, just getting a feeling.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Between this, his X-Men run, that creepy Superman comic where a Kryptonian/Kryptonian-alike hosed a human woman to death, and Tripping the Rift I'm beginning to think Chuck Austen has a hosed up sexual psychology. Don't know, just getting a feeling.

From what I remember, he also had a nurse character(who was based off his own real life wife) fall in love with and rape the comatose body of Havok at one point.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Chinaman7000 posted:

Batman:Odyssey is the kind of masterpiece that validates the existence and history of all comic books.

Lets all pray his upcoming Superman miniseries manages to live up to it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really like Supreme Power but Zarda kinda reads like someone from r/theredpill came up with her.

Although she is :nws: pretty hilarious. :nws:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why would I ever.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 19, 2016

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Somebody tried to justify TDK3 to me by claiming that Frank didn't actually write TDK2, but he totally, for real was writing TDK3.

I asked how that explained ASBaR, and he walked away in a huff.

Frank Miller sucks.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Frank Miller not actually writing TDKIII is basically the only thing that got me to check it out at all. I sometimes feel bad about my no Miller policy when it comes to stuff I hear is real good like his Daredevil but just knowing it'll be a Frank Miller story makes it hard to want to give it a chance.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm all for making GBS threads down Frank Miller's neck, but the dude did earn his reputation back in the day.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm not putting the thing down when I say WW breastfeeding while out hunting monsters with her kid in a babybjorn was the best part of the comic so far.

I was disappointed as hell when Bruce was revealed at the end of ish 2 cause it was looking like all of the main characters would be women.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

mind the walrus posted:

I'm all for making GBS threads down Frank Miller's neck, but the dude did earn his reputation back in the day.
It's just a shame he had to throw it away on something as bad as that script for Robocop 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Play 'spot the character'. I think everyone is there.

taskmaster isn't in that cover which is loving insane because it has forbrush man
also he's in the actual issue in a ministory at the end i guess