Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

siriuslysomething posted:

This was from NME owners post last week right? Because the bigger point was that they couldn't release him because they didn't have endless supplies of money and would have to pay him and his replacement. Maybe the only example where I start to maybe side with an owner against a player.
Yeah, they said that even if they had paid a bunch of money for a new player late in the split, they still would have had to pay his remaining contract while he sat on the bench and just made the same amount of money doing nothing. They could have punished him, but they still would have needed a replacement which they couldn't afford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Man I wanna hear those comms

stump collector
May 28, 2007
obviously a little blame should rest on the NME guys for not writing a better contract. they should've considered keeping some leverage in case their moron players started loving off on stage

cruzerthebruzer is definitely a good choice for worst player. plus he looks like a potato

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

exethan posted:

obviously a little blame should rest on the NME guys for not writing a better contract. they should've considered keeping some leverage in case their moron players started loving off on stage

cruzerthebruzer is definitely a good choice for worst player. plus he looks like a potato
Avalon was the worst, he single-handedly relegated a team featuring Altec, Pobelter, and Helios as well as being so drat bad that Ignar refused to join the team

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

RealFoxy posted:

Avalon was the worst, he single-handedly relegated a team featuring Altec, Pobelter, and Helios as well as being so drat bad that Ignar refused to join the team

Helios is secondarily to blame for this since nepotism (relating to him) is the only Avalon got his job.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

I'd hazard to say he's might be worse than Evaniskus.

Once again NA players just can't compare to a Korean.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I want everyone to think about vileroze, the guy who could only play kayle at a time when kayle should've been permabanned

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

I want everyone to think about vileroze, the guy who could only play kayle at a time when kayle should've been permabanned

He also had a kid, no steady income, and slept on a floor eating hot pockets all day.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the dark side of professional video gaming

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Season 3 was hosed up bull poo poo, we're talking about Elementz being on the best team & Zuna existing, etc. it was like the Wild West for trash bag men.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Avalon was actually statistically better than Balls during Avalons last split in LCS

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Dardoch to EF is now official, and Dardoch himself confirmed he didn't leave TL, he was kicked.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
i'd rather have Pinglet jungling for me in the gauntlet than Archsecond...

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I'm pretty sure TL is going to lose to NV at this point.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That loving crybaby Piglet is ruining TL yet again, once all of the Chinese businessmen have him sent back to Korea, well, we'll see how good SKT is when they have to face off against Samsung White

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

That loving crybaby Piglet is ruining TL yet again, once all of the Chinese businessmen have him sent back to Korea, well, we'll see how good SKT is when they have to face off against Samsung White
why are you so mad, like. All the time?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

most people aren't angry when they make jokes. but me? im fuckin furious

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Work Friend Keven posted:

Season 3 was hosed up bull poo poo, we're talking about Elementz being on the best team & Zuna existing, etc. it was like the Wild West for trash bag men.

Now this brings me back to good ol' days watching games. Good times.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Piglet might try and stay in Korea this season too, I'm sure he'll find a nice comfy home on Longzhu because they don't have enough former best players riding their bench yet.

e: yes YES the perfect bench. Flame, Chaser, Coco, Piglet, and Madlife.

I think I posted this before but Piglet has been duoing alot with Longzhu Pure. I love Piglet as a player and I think he is still very relevant/good. If a Korean team gives him a chance to prove himself he will do very well. His laning is very good for a Korean ADC if u pair him with an aggressive support they would be a very good botlane already. Fury has been improving but he hasn't looked as good as he did in Samsung. Also I bet Emperor will be dropped so Piglet can take his role as a new sub. It's Longzhu so who knows maybe they don't even remove Emperor and have the biggest roster in pro Lol.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
What are the Vegas odds of TL getting relegated next year?

Matt is good, Fenix will occasionally carry games, and Lourlo is ok

but they have 2 gaping holes in 2 positions and will get punished for playing sloppy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

YancyQ posted:

What are the Vegas odds of TL getting relegated next year?

Matt is good, Fenix will occasionally carry games, and Lourlo is ok

but they have 2 gaping holes in 2 positions and will get punished for playing sloppy
They're pretty good at finding new players BUT they seem to be an awful environment for players. I don't think they'd be bad enough to get relegated but they really need to change up their staff

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

They're pretty good at finding new players BUT they seem to be an awful environment for players. I don't think they'd be bad enough to get relegated but they really need to change up their staff

Oh, that wasn't a question; that was an erotic poem that I wrote about Team Liquid.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I'm not sure I'd call Matt "good" yet. He was good when he was laning with Piglet, but pretty poor with Fabbyyy. That's a pretty large delta that doesn't do him any favours imo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Fabbyyy was like a one-trick Draven player who was the gatekeeper to challenger for the longest time, I don't know if I could blame Matt for that. It'd be like bringing in Tyler1.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

heres a short list of things liquid might be doing:

- planning to sell their spot so they're cutting costs by hiring a bunch of idiots while they wait
- in the midst of a total breakdown
- trying out local talent so they can figure out which three lucky idiots have a future playing protect-the-korean next year

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I just learned last week that TL Matt is famous stream participator TSM Matlife

A lot of pros rate Lourlo pretty highly, I'd say he is probably TLs best player right now then? I don't know what TL management is doing though. Like Dardoch must have really been annoying the gently caress out of everyone for them to cut him less than a week before their matches. I guess him throwing their scrims prior to their playoff series was too much.

Edit: Rush is trying to play in LCK right? They should totally import Rush

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Liquid should try to sign Rush and let him decide what Korean mid laner he wants to import to dunk on people in LCS with.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

They should fire Locodoco because nobody even seems to listen to him anyway. Fenix is middling at best, Lourlo is alright, Matt is good, they could possibly tryout either Ohq or GBM if either of them are still willing to come back

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The jynthe guy looked good even though I know nothing about him at all.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

im almost positive that fenix is going to retire since he wanted to anyways and they're getting a korean jungle/solo lane combo. they're keeping lourlo but they also have arcsecond and goldenglue so its mostly just a question of which role they get a better prospect for.

wouldn't be surprised to see lourlo on echo fox next year.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

They should fire Locodoco because nobody even seems to listen to him anyway. Fenix is middling at best, Lourlo is alright, Matt is good, they could possibly tryout either Ohq or GBM if either of them are still willing to come back

As much as I think Fenix is hit or miss, I'd rather have him over GBM anyday of the week and GBM is a jungler now anyway. If it was spring GBM I think he would be an upgrade over Fenix maybe. Fenix's main problem is that he never wards and is only effective in super late game teamfights on super strong teamfight champs like Viktor/Ori/Azir. His laning phase is decent but he isn't really going to solo kill u or punish u hard likeJensen/Bjergsen. He does farm really well but he also seems to prefer farming over invading/roaming etc...

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hes basically a less impressive version of XWX even with his career progression

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I really hope next year liquid and echo fox go to relegation and then echo fox wins, holy poo poo I don't think I'd ever stop laughing and neither would dardoch

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

theres literally nobody sympathetic in this entire thing so it's some combination of funny and sad.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://twitter.com/foxdardoch/status/770779260780851200

i love this guy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
What's the deal with Piglet? Seems like he's Korean and won worlds but I guess he's a cancer?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Libertine posted:

The jynthe guy looked good even though I know nothing about him at all.

I would wait until you see him on something other than Ashe, that's apparently his big thing and he only looked good on it once. He could be good but I have a suspicion this is KEITHMCBRIEF syndrome.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

dicks assassin posted:

What's the deal with Piglet? Seems like he's Korean and won worlds but I guess he's a cancer?

Piglet is a fantastic ADC who's been accused of attitude problems multiple times in the past, but then he gave Fabbbyyy his spot on the main roster to go smoke doobs in challenger so who the gently caress knows, he's probably grown up a lot since S3.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

source ur rumours m80

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/12/18/tencent-holdings-takes-full-control-of-riot-games/

There ya go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Do we know that Piglet is not playing for TL next season? Because fabbbbby is not going to be on TL https://pvplive.net/c/team-liquid-marksman-announced-free-agency

• Locked thread