Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

lol, haven't heard anyone make the "illegals voting" racist conspiracy for Canada before

:tinfoil:

:tipshat: It was pretty difficult. The trick is to think like an Albertan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Haier posted:

OFFICER, I HAVE PROOF THAT I AM INNOCENT:

saved by the WeChat logs

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dicky mouse posted:

Haeir why do women want you for your seed?

Couldn't they just get a local dude to plunge them, since china has really bad sex ed?

Or are they fetishing you for being a skater boi?

i thought the stereotype was that chinese men have really small dongs and foreigners have massive dongs

so of course you'd choose a huge handsome foreign dong

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LentThem posted:

Haier you should absolutely nut in a girl ten years younger than you that you've never seen in person and can only communicate with through machine translation

unironically this

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

LentThem posted:

Haier you should absolutely nut in a girl ten years younger than you that you've never seen in person and can only communicate with through machine translation

I think he speaks for all of us

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

LentThem posted:

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Pon de Bundy posted:

i thought the stereotype was that chinese men have really small dongs and foreigners have massive dongs

so of course you'd choose a huge handsome foreign dong
The stereotype is mixed race babys are very beautiful. Go to china and fight this stereotype pon de bundy, dont let the Chinese fetishize mixed babys.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

E_P posted:

The stereotype is mixed race babys are very beautiful. Go to china and fight this stereotype pon de bundy, dont let the Chinese fetishize mixed babys.

So how would they treat a half African, half Chinese baby?

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

China already has over 50 unique ethnicities so I am sure it will be treated like all the other ones that aren't Han.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dicky mouse posted:

Based on my limited experience and understanding, very very poorly.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Dicky mouse posted:

Depends on if the African is Black or White. If they're white, they're just thought of as American/European, if they're black then you get some pretty cray levels of racism as you can only get in an Asian country

I blame them not engaging in overseas imperialism

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E_P posted:

China already has over 50 unique ethnicities so I am sure it will be treated like all the other ones that aren't Han.

Tell this guy stories about why learning Mandarin is the worse language to learn and use.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I learned Korean so I am in much worse shape.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dicky mouse posted:

"Oh, so dark. . . too dark!"

- Chinese daughter disowned by parents
- Baby is technically Chinese, but exceptions are made when it comes to treatment (not for the better)
- Constantly tormented by Chinese classmates (condoned by teachers and admin)
- Scores well on University Entrance exam. . . not accepted anywhere good.
- Can never date Chinese women (if a boy) will only be able to date a really desperate lower-class man if a girl.
- Will never be considered Chinese, will always be treated like a foreigner
- Will pretty much be ostracised from every aspect of Chinese culture and society
- Will have to do some manner of menial labour/shopkeeping in an African section of a Chinese city to even have some semblance of belonging
- Might be a 1 in a million exception and somehow end up a celebrity/sports star

Having a half-black baby in China is pretty much inadvertent child abuse.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

E_P posted:

I learned Korean so I am in much worse shape.

At least you get to watch the odd good/weird movie that comes out of Korea without subs. I can't think of a single mainland movie I ever wanted to watch or seen that was any good ever. Korea has a much greater cultural influence than China, as does Japan by a great degree. India is bigger if you look at Bollywood.

Uganda is better based on this alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Was Hero from the mainland or Hong Kong? that was pretty good

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Koramei posted:

It's a Zhang Yimou film, so I'm guessing mainland.

Edit: I just realized that I don't think I've ever seen a single Zhang Ziyi movie that I've enjoyed. Then again I was never a fan of "wife-fu", so there you go.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Koramei posted:

It's a film about the need for a powerful central ruler over the needs of the common individuals wants and desires in order to unify china which is an innate good.

So you know, take a wild guess.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Sometimes the Taiwanese can get hurt feelings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHC13MYcrR4

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

oohhboy posted:

At least you get to watch the odd good/weird movie that comes out of Korea without subs. I can't think of a single mainland movie I ever wanted to watch or seen that was any good ever. Korea has a much greater cultural influence than China, as does Japan by a great degree. India is bigger if you look at Bollywood.

Uganda is better based on this alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEoGrbKAyKE

Let the Bullets Fly? Devils on the Doorstep?

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Deceitful Penguin posted:

if they're black then you get some pretty cray levels of racism as you can only get in an Asian country

Blistex gave some good examples, but yeah basically the child is treated like a half man half goat abomination produced by a mother twisted enough to gently caress animals

so yeah both are ostracized completely

LentThem fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 15, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The Chinese navy is visiting my city. A lot of people are uneasy with the chinese military coming to our port and being given such a warm welcome. Lots of jokes about them just coming to check up on their real-estate investments and hundreds of realtors crowding the dock. They came a few years ago and actually did some shore leave, but only for officers of course. When US ships come everyone gets to visit, but you don't need a visa to come to Canada from the US so that's probably a big reason.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
Classic 2009 story about a shanghainese girl with a black american father (that she never met) and how much the rest of china poo poo on her and especially her mother: http://www.chinahush.com/2009/09/01/shanghai-black-girl-lou-jing/

quote:

Lou Jing and her mother showed up on the “Let’s Go! Oriental Angels” program and told the viewers their story. After Lou Jing’s mother was married, she had sex with a black man. The black man returned back to the United States, left Lou Jing’s mother pregnant with her. After Lou Jing was born, mother divorced the original husband, alone raising this special girl. Lou Jing also expressed that the person she loves the most in her whole life is her mother. Because of Lou Jing’s birth story, soon after she and her mother were viciously insulted by the netizens all over the country.

Some comments were pretty angry:

quote:

When I first saw this week’s show, I too was very shocked, so stunned. Society’s norms and values haven’t becomes so “fei zhu liu“, has it? As a post-80s generation, I completely cannot accept this. If I were that girl, I would be so low key that I could not be any more low key. How could I possibly come out and expose my face, seeking attention and sympathy…it is difficult to understand.

quote:

I cannot help but say, those coming out of mixing yellow and black blood are all truly ugly, a dirty feeling …

quote:

I do not know why, but after seeing these photographs, my mind is reminded of Japanese-made adult videos, with the final climax scene of the black man, where the black man’s muscular body tightly pressed on the Japanese woman’s white and tender skin, pulling out after shuddering from climax, and then so many seconds of close-up — of vaginal liquids and semen everywhere. One or several times N years ago, this Lou Jing’s mother along with a black person also played out such a scene. This black girl is truly deserving of pity. The mistake is not on her, but on her mother’s and that black biological father.

quote:

Is this the legend of the bastard? And an unwanted bastard, Her mother is a shameless woman, pregnant by a black guy, and then abandoned, was it good when he was pleasing you? Still obsessed with him after several decades? Not feel ashamed, even go on TV to look, looking for what? Looking for lost big XX? Looking for climax never had again? Shameless! Why are Shanghai women always the target of criticism? It’s because of shameless bitch like her!
Dragon TV please help this bastard find her family. Let the black father with a big XX hurry back, address this old woman’s needs!
Black Dad, come back soon! Someone cannot forget your big XX.

Photo of mother and daughter

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
It is significantly better for a half-African, half-Chinese child to live in Africa most of the time, at least socially. Africa is by far the most diverse continent around so them being half-Chinese isn't nearly as big of a deal as being African is in China.

There's currently a lot of research being done on this though, which I don't have access to any more after I graduated and lost journal access so I don't know if it's changed with the Chinese rep but from what I was reading back in '12 they were pretty dang accepted.

LentThem posted:

Oh man, I remember reading about her on Chinasmack back when that actually updated: https://www.chinasmack.com/2009/stories/shanghai-black-girl-lou-jing-racist-chinese-netizens.html

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
What the gently caress, what is even wrong with people.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

LentThem posted:

Classic 2009 story about a shanghainese girl with a black american father (that she never met) and how much the rest of china poo poo on her and especially her mother: http://www.chinahush.com/2009/09/01/shanghai-black-girl-lou-jing/

Han Chinese: White People 2.0

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

how he's make skyscrapers so fast with these techniques, cannot know? the power of chinar economy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmKHGqfFlc

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
im the guy that sees a half-black half-asian person and immediately starts thinking of japanese interracial creampie videos in graphic detail and attributing that image to the person's mother

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I could go on about beauty standards and how black = evil/bad in China too but it's not my area of expertise so I won't go at it at length.

It's anyway mostly similar to the stuff we had going on in the West until fairly recently

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atlas Hugged posted:

Let the Bullets Fly? Devils on the Doorstep?

I had to look these up as I don't know anything about them. I might watch Let the bullets fly as it seems to be in the same spot like the Korean The good, the bad and the weird. It looks like the comedy is going to be pretty obvious stuff. Looks like it has the typical terrible Chinese voice over work.

I am not going to watch Devils on the Doorstep. I don't care enough about the mainland or the culture to get the comedy that is there. It did get banned in China and it isn't "Kill all Japanese" so that earns it some points.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

oohhboy posted:

I am not going to watch Devils on the Doorstep. I don't care enough about the mainland or the culture to get the comedy that is there. It did get banned in China and it isn't "Kill all Japanese" so that earns it some points.

Knowing the historical context is useful, but at the end of the day it's just a really well made film.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

LentThem posted:

I was in China when this was going on and it didn't blow my mind, but I was still quite "Wow, OK..." at the reactions. My girlfriend at the time said this girl was beautiful but it was bad she didn't have a father. Even if she did have a father it wouldn't change a drat thing for her. She still would have been treated like garbage and told she is not Chinese in any possible way. Imagine an entire life of people saying "Ting bu dong" when she's speaking perfect Mandarin or Shanghainese to them.

If those comments have taught me anything, it makes perfect sense to go impregnate a young Chinese girl and run away. Life will be great for my bastard child and Chinese will graciously accept a single mother. BRB, going to find that girl from last night.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
So the whole Chinese internet is basically Twitch chat then, yeah?

Edit: now to be fair the lady who called Michelle Obama an "ape in heels" on Facebook is getting her old job back already so maybe we're all bad

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Haier posted:

If those comments have taught me anything, it makes perfect sense to go impregnate a young Chinese girl and run away. Life will be great for my bastard child and Chinese will graciously accept a single mother. BRB, going to find that girl from last night.

when youre finished you should drop some peanut brittle in there as a calling card

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

E_P posted:

My girlfriend is always happy to see a beautiful mixed race baby on the street because the ones in her school are mostly ugly :henget:

Nov 24, 2014

oohhboy posted:

I can't think of a single mainland movie I ever wanted to watch or seen that was any good ever.

I recommend the movie "Crazy Racer".

quote:

The plot follows four seemingly separate stories that intersect and converge at points throughout the movie. It begins with the protagonist, Geng Hao losing first place in a cycling race and subsequently being tricked into sponsoring an energy drink containing illegal performance-enhancing substances by corrupt businessman Li Fala which causes him to forfeit the winnings from his silver medal. Disgraced and outlawed from ever participating again in the sport, Geng Hao's coach suffers from a heart attack, prompting Geng Hao to seek retribution from Li Fala, who he believes is the cause. In the process of obtaining the money for his coach's funeral, Geng Hao crosses the paths of local criminals, perpetually confused policemen and Taiwanese gangsters.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

LentThem posted:

im the guy that sees a half-black half-asian person and immediately starts thinking of japanese interracial creampie videos in graphic detail and attributing that image to the person's mother

quote:

I do not know why, but after seeing these photographs, my mind is reminded of Japanese-made adult videos, with the final climax scene of the black man, where the black man’s muscular body tightly pressed on the Japanese woman’s white and tender skin, pulling out after shuddering from climax, and then so many seconds of close-up — of vaginal liquids and semen everywhere. One or several times N years ago, this Lou Jing’s mother along with a black person also played out such a scene. This black girl is truly deserving of pity. The mistake is not on her, but on her mother’s and that black biological father

So I always wondered who is the market for those videos? I know its for Japanese but Japanese women or Japanese men?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Haier posted:

You white though, so the dynamic is completely different; yeah you're never gonna be Han but you've got positive exotic appeal which is passed on to your kids, which are then considered "han enough" most of the time.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
This is a decent movie from the mainland - A tragi-comedy movie about a single father's work collective in Post industrial north east trying to make his daughter happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6IEW3tF49c

Won the grand jury prize in miami film festival 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Dicky mouse posted:

So I always wondered who is the market for those videos? I know its for Japanese but Japanese women or Japanese men?
Men that like to be emasculated or get off watching someone bigger and stronger bang a girl. Some people fetishize the differences in ethnicity, etc. Who knows.

There's a book:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004LRPJ3G/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
A Billion Wicked Thoughts

That really gets into all of this and it's fascinating if you want to destroy a lot of myths about sexual this and that. I read it years ago and it was probably the best book on that topic I had looked at (granted, I never really looked before outside the Sex Ed class I had in college, which was also very in-depth).

Deceitful Penguin posted:

You white though, so the dynamic is completely different; yeah you're never gonna be Han but you've got positive exotic appeal which is passed on to your kids, which are then considered "han enough" most of the time.
I was being sarcastic. Single mothers are not accepted in China, regardless of the father's status (which might just make it all worse, anyway).

• Locked thread