Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This Denver/Minnesota series is a mindfuck and I didn't want to hear the phrase "coaching adjustment" ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dejan Bimble posted:

Do you remember how loving perfect inside the NBA was before Shaq? it was over a decade ago but it was perfect. It was like the perfect entertainment product. Shaq's monotone mumbling about how everyone is worse than him gave barkley a guardedness that he used to lack. Kenny, Chuck, and Ernie had perfect like top gear esque chemistry and they ruined it with Shaq.

Yes. Shaq is the worst thing to happen to Inside the NBA.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

coaching adjustment?

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Can’t wait for the hot take double whiplash after this one. Podcasters are just going to have to delay their releases until after game 7.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spacebump posted:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I can never understand a single thing Shaq is saying.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Lord of Hats posted:

I can never understand a single thing Shaq is saying.

And his pizza SUCKS!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lockback posted:

This Denver/Minnesota series is a mindfuck and I didn't want to hear the phrase "coaching adjustment" ever again.

Of the six games played thus far, only one has even remotely resembled a normal game. Amazing series if you're a fan of emotionally charged takes that age into an alternate universe within a span of two days.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
apparently i picked a real bad night to miss the timberwolves game for a concert

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Roasted Donut posted:

apparently i picked a real bad night to miss the timberwolves game for a concert

google nba hd replay you're in good hands

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

sports are weird

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

He killed something beautiful

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

big boi posted:

Is Luka the first digital athlete? I can't think of any others

cyber toine, the only celtic i respect

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This blowout loss was all a scam by Mike Malone to get as many breathless media takes as he can for the next film session. He wanted fuel for the beast. Mark my words

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Spacebump posted:

Has he always been such a moody rear end in a top hat? I feel like all he does is sit there silently and glare at the other guys like he’s someone mean rear end grandma in church.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

creamcorn posted:

if I can get a 16-bit gif of a 'toine shimmy I'll make it my av

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Smeef posted:

Has he always been such a moody rear end in a top hat? I feel like all he does is sit there silently and glare at the other guys like he’s someone mean rear end grandma in church.

I feel like he's gotten more insufferable once TNT made the Tuesday show and centered it around him. He could shout down anyone who disagreed with him there, and he clearly has little respect for Lefkoe as a host.

It didn't help that Jokic started getting media attention as a future all-timer after winning the title which meant a threat to his own place in the rankings.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Me at 11:30 PM: "Man I'm loving miserable. What a nightmare Twins series. Can't concentrate on the things I need to do for my tabletop game tomorrow, got appointments downtown all day. Hate the Yankees so much. Christ. ...Well, got a little bit done."

"Oh yeah, I wonder how the T-wolves game went. Probably they got knocked out because we can't... have... nice..."

"..."

"What the gently caress."

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Game 7 will apparently be 20 years to the day since the Timberwolves’ last game 7.

It is also Kevin Garnett’s birthday. Load up the pump!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
You could honestly tell me the final score on Game 7 will be any combination of two numbers and I'd be like "sure, makes sense."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
80 to 08

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

All I need to know about Inside the NBA was Charles Barkley choosing the Mavs over the Heat in the 2011 Finals, then when Dallas won the title in Miami, Barkley got to gloat to a live Miami audience about how he called it and everyone could kiss his rear end.

For a lot of reasons nothing will ever top that for me, lmao

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

wow! jayson tatum is the first player to lead all players in a single playoff series in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and technical fouls

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
I feel like todays game was over when Minnesota made that initial 20-0 run, Nuggets went ice cold and never recovered

At least we get a game 7

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Duncan plays the Terrans but only with a tasteful amount of turtling

creamcorn posted:

"Why do you shoot so many 3's?"
"Because there are no 4's"

fart simpson posted:

wow! jayson tatum is the first player to lead all players in a single playoff series in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and technical fouls

Praise be to Tony Brothers

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hello now that the Cavs are sadly out due to both Mitchell and Allen dying, I am fully bandwagoning the Wolves all the way to the championship, go Wolves

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Not sure you guys in the US get the Shaq sports betting ads but they play every commercial break in Australia during any type of sport. I hope he got paid a lot because they’re loving embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkXCp1rC-JU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTViSYnJkQ

Much like the car commercial gene, the sports app commercial gene is unfortunate and disgraceful. No coming back when either is discovered tbh.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spacebump posted:

I was super hoping that they would have Chris Webber in that spot instead because the couple times he was there he was a lot better but Shaq was a bigger name.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

toggle posted:

Not sure you guys in the US get the Shaq sports betting ads but they play every commercial break in Australia during any type of sport. I hope he got paid a lot because they’re loving embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkXCp1rC-JU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJTViSYnJkQ

Much like the car commercial gene, the sports app commercial gene is unfortunate and disgraceful. No coming back when either is discovered tbh.

Shaq is well known for being willing to hock literally anything you pay him to.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

dang, rough night for murray

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

maybe yall can help me with something

i swear there's an older video where somebody asked nikola jokic a question and he paused for a while and just answered "horse," but i can't find it. unsurprisingly there's a whole bunch of other jokic horse content and that's hard to search for

anybody know what i'm talking about?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Southern Cassowary posted:

i swear there's an older video where somebody asked nikola jokic a question and he paused for a while and just answered "horse," but i can't find it. unsurprisingly there's a whole bunch of other jokic horse content and that's hard to search for

it is the answer to what he would get michael jordan

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Southern Cassowary posted:

He was talking about buying someone a gift. It was last season.

temple fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 17, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Chairchucker posted:

it is the answer to what he would get michael jordan

i thought it was this and i searched on google and youtube for like michael jordan gift nikola jokic and got a bunch of videos about him getting the mvp trophy. it's driving me nuts, lol

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Edit: Wrong thread

Free Gratis fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 17, 2024

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

aha found it. thanks all.

https://twitter.com/zachbdunn/status/1097258783871565831

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Jeez, I knew the Timberwolves were good but I didn't realize they were this good. It really helps the Suns look better in hindsight. The Nuggets have no answer whatsoever to their smothering defense, just a complete and utter dismantling. Meanwhile, Ant's staking his claim as the next great NBA wing and supplanting the old guard who all got washed out in the opening round.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Fast Luck posted:

Jeez, I knew the Timberwolves were good but I didn't realize they were this good. It really helps the Suns look better in hindsight. The Nuggets have no answer whatsoever to their smothering defense, just a complete and utter dismantling. Meanwhile, Ant's staking his claim as the next great NBA wing and supplanting the old guard who all got washed out in the opening round.

The suns are not good regardless of what the wolves go on to do hth

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Fast Luck posted:

The Nuggets are inevitable, though. Nikola Jokic is a basketball genius who solved their defense by saying "Carry the ball Aaron"

But it's pretty crazy that the Wolves stopped that, unbelievable performance from the next Michael Jordan.

But looks like Kareem needs to move over and Shaq is getting downgraded to ethanol instead of diesel - cuz it's NUCLEAR NIKOLA

But KAT? More like Dawg!

But...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fast Luck posted:

I mean they had 3 answers for a while there.