Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I love how much crazy poo poo we're seeing in the main line. It's going to be easy to blow off MPs if they keep this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You can get Redwing from places that aren't Target now, too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Obviously they were sitting on a big pile of Red Wings because only 26 people have a Target credit card.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I bought one on eBay for about $10 over retail because gently caress that Target card poo poo. He's one of the better uses of that mold, in terms of standing out on the shelf.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MPM Starscream arrived today in a target box busted all to poo poo. Cool :thumbsup:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

Obviously they were sitting on a big pile of Red Wings because only 26 people have a Target credit card.

Makes sense.

Keldroc posted:

I bought one on eBay for about $10 over retail because gently caress that Target card poo poo. He's one of the better uses of that mold, in terms of standing out on the shelf.

He IS very pretty. He's got the Siege Thundercracker smirk, too.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I was hoping we were getting a new Red Wing in the Earthrise seeker mold. I'm not a big fan of the tetrajet mold, but give me that Earthrise seeker in every color combination possible. Especially Action Master Thundercracker.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

He'll yeah Diaclone representation.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

banned from Starbucks posted:

MPM Starscream arrived today in a target box busted all to poo poo. Cool :thumbsup:

If you can return it, they’re not hard to find at Target.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/TF_pr/status/1300991838438866944?s=19

Dinoking?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Volcanicus repaint? Hmmm.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That'd have to go a long way to get away from sucks

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Would still like Leader-class Dinobots, thank you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

Maybe if they get over the combiner fetish.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Leader Grimlock and Slag have been leaked from that '86 Studio Series line.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

They're voyager-class, Slag is only a leader because he comes packed with a Daniel in Exosuit figure.

Figures the larger ranger of voyager-class seems about right for the Dinobots to me, they're big, but they're not gigantic. Like a head taller than Optimus.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NoContextOmniTF/status/1193653499524976640

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

Any pics?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

They're voyager-class, Slag is only a leader because he comes packed with a Daniel in Exosuit figure.

Figures the larger ranger of voyager-class seems about right for the Dinobots to me, they're big, but they're not gigantic. Like a head taller than Optimus.

And Grimlock comes with Wheelie, but they're bound to be larger than the PotP nonsense.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

One day we will find a cheap and stable toy material that will expand in heat and shrink in the cold. Only then will we have proper Transformers toys that can be any scale we want according to what G1 scene we are recreating.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

No, only the listings have leaked.

Keldroc posted:

And Grimlock comes with Wheelie, but they're bound to be larger than the PotP nonsense.
Oh yeah, forgot about Wheelie. Or blocked him out.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
In honour of barely being in TFTM at all, watch Snarl be a Target exclusive. To one Target. Like, the Wapakoneta Target.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about Wheelie. Or blocked him out.

Fingers crossed for Sludge being a full Leader size who comes with nothing because he's so drat big.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He's gotta have the googly eyes though

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This MP-44/KO's knee issues weren't fixed, guys. They weren't fixed at all. I was led to believe that the troublesome bit in there was going to be one piece or diecast or something since it didn't need to be painted... nope, a little bit got snipped off externally, like that's supposed to help any. (It doesn't.)

I'm going to have to do Tman987's fix this weekend when I get some time.

It feels somewhat less annoying to do on a $90 figure than a $550 figure, but I still shouldn't have to do it at all.

Build quality very good otherwise.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen three ab-crunch breaks on the KO so be mindful of that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I've seen three ab-crunch breaks on the KO so be mindful of that.

Any links to what part, exactly?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

poo poo I'm not certain, it's just been reported in the FB groups.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why didn't anyone tell me that the first two issues of this is out? I must have it! It's so stupid that I just can't resist even if it is MLP.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lodin posted:

Why didn't anyone tell me that the first two issues of this is out? I must have it! It's so stupid that I just can't resist even if it is MLP.

Somebody let me know if Rainbow Dash kills Starscream again.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ugh. I just left an Earthrise Prime and Siege (non-netflix) Magnus on the shelf at TRU cause I'm just not into them enough right now to drop the $70 CAD on them

especially with Gewalt and Azalea fresh on my shelves and a big shipment from A3U lined up in the near future, plus a new watch in the next month or so

Also it woulda made grocery shopping difficult cause I was on my bike; I've stuffed things into my jacket before once I run out of onboard storage but I don't like doing it. If the Canadian Tire I was at earlier had had a cargo net I could buy, mighta been a different story.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
How does this Primevsprime dude get figures months ahead of schedule?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

TaurusOxford posted:

Rarity does it this time.

I’ve read the first two issues, it’s not bad, but it mostly consists of vignettes of various combinations of pony and robot.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Kenzo posted:

How does this Primevsprime dude get figures months ahead of schedule?

He gets asked this all the time and never answers. Judging by the things he buys, he's got serious money to throw around, so he might have some direct China factory pipeline.

He's annoyingly young too, easily early 20s.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

He gets asked this all the time and never answers. Judging by the things he buys, he's got serious money to throw around, so he might have some direct China factory pipeline.

He's annoyingly young too, easily early 20s.

He's got almost as many verbal tics as Emgo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

From the look of it, he’s made it his job. Twitter engagement, near constant video reviews, posting pictures on Instagram all the time.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

From the look of it, he’s made it his job. Twitter engagement, near constant video reviews, posting pictures on Instagram all the time.

He's not very critical of the figures but I really don't mind his reviews.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So that lower part of Prime's torso that gives him the ab-crunch? Well, the blue part on his butt that catches the tab affixed to the lower part of the torso does its job a little too well, sadly and so people who try to "unlock" that part of articulation end up putting too much stress on the plastic and it snaps Prime in half. To alleviate that, loosen the screw in the blue part in the middle of Prime's butt (I removed the screw completely), and then carefully use a flathead screw to "dig out" the lower white bit of torso articulation. I sanded the little tab at the end a teensy bit, and then left it alone. I then put the screw back in his butt and did a bit of a calibration test (you want to ideally leave a little bit to adjust the screw over time,) until it felt like I wasn't exerting too much to unpeg that lower area. That should be it, and from what I've read seems to be the one absolutely critical flaw of this particular release.

Just in case what I wrote was hard to follow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ONQbuJuuWI&t=580s

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TaurusOxford posted:

Nah, but Arcee and Rarity kick his rear end together. The comic is pretty drat awful with mostly crap art and a very simplistic script. Then again it's aimed at kids and I found it all very amusing. Gonna keep reading it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Do they reference Mach Kick and Battle Unicorn? I hope Hasbro inexplicably bring one of them back for Kingdom. Or like, Mach is the normal release and BU is the Selects.

Speaking of which, what Select repaint can we expect from Kingdom?

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Sep 4, 2020