Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Tighclops posted:

If that turns out to be real I desperately hope it's a general release and not a Haslab thing; I've been dreaming about an Ark playset since Beast Wars but that would definitely place it out of my price range. I have nowhere to put it but I will hang it from the ceiling if I have to.
That's the big question now: Robit or playset? I'm down either way.

I'm impressed with how quickly they were able to get not-Brawl out after not-Blast-Off. Mine's on the way, soon Bruticus will be able to stand up. Now the problem is trying to make room for him on my Masterpiece Decepticon shelf.

Edit: AAAAAAHHHHH

Knormal fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That's some non-euclidean biology right there

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Breast mandibles?

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Good look at the new Warpath figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzEzhed0oQ

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I've gotten a couple friends into MTMTE in the last month or so, and they all have the same question: Why is there no decent Rung figure available from anyone? The little Targetmaster guy is cute and all but it's bizarre to me that MMC or someone hasn't at least attempted a full size figure of him.

Knormal posted:

That's the big question now: Robit or playset? I'm down either way.

If it's a playset I honestly have nowhere to put it. It would be the first Titan Class I'd have to pass on.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

SlothfulCobra posted:

Breast mandibles?

those are the shoulders

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly if not for the paint job, I'd say it's a pretty good replacement for the Masterpiece. It looks worse but acceptably so considering the difference of 110 dollars minimum. Even the paint job is decent, just you know Takara are waiting to give it purple highlights

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Takara has taken to just releasing Hasbro's product outside of special releases, Burk. BA is gonna be general retail, so I doubt they'll change her at all.

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

Thoughts on the new Doubledealer?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Stumpy legs but looks great otherwise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inside every bulbous arachnid nightmare is a curvy big titty lady waiting to come out.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Gomiboy posted:

Thoughts on the new Doubledealer?

One knee joint on mine wants to pop away a lot, but otherwise I like it. Love the color scheme.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The MSJ posted:

Inside every bulbous arachnid nightmare is a curvy big titty lady waiting to come out.

Tarantulas: ???

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The MSJ posted:

ah good i was worried here for a bit

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

In my area, you say?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

El Burbo posted:

ah good i was worried here for a bit

Facehuggers?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/seibertroncom/status/1302822284726398976

I guess that's what the teaser was. The coloring looks nice and all, but I can resist.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Those are G1 Toys not cartoon colors

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Burkion posted:

G1 Swoop toy is red though?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

G1 Swoop toy is red though?

True

This still feels like a grift before they start coming out with more accurate Dinobots tho

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Gonna need a leak of the SS Dinobots pronto. Well, it doesn't really matter, I'm not paying $200 for another of those hot messes regardless.

In better news the Allicon showed up today and it is just ridiculous the number of "how does this exist" figures Earthrise is tossing out there on a regular basis.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I want those swords

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/seibertroncom/status/1302822284726398976

I guess that's what the teaser was. The coloring looks nice and all, but I can resist.

Lmao it's twice as expensive as the old Volcanicus

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
:smithers malibu Stacey new hat:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/ARCTIC_ST0RM/status/1303041642933362688

So that's how tonton was getting those figures early? They were stolen??? :stonk:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Jamie Faith posted:

So that's how tonton was getting those figures early? They were stolen??? :stonk:

“Early figures” are all stolen from factories yes.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

strangehamster posted:

“Early figures” are all stolen from factories yes.

Oh...yeah. In hindsight that's actually pretty obvious. :cripes:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Jamie Faith posted:

Oh...yeah. In hindsight that's actually pretty obvious. :cripes:

Sometimes they were samples fished out of the trash. :devil:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

They’re stolen, and then sold on. Him and primevsprime are basically getting them 3rd hand.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Burkion posted:

the full red face for slag is g1 cartoon only i think, i know cause i wanted to set up my gigapower dinobots to be cartoon colours (because thats where i know the dinobots from) and the full red face on slag looked so weird in toy form i ended up switching him to red helmet and silver face like idw slag.

the full red face just looks like an animation error that stuck around.

i'm really wishing i had preordered probus so i'd have him by now, but i was a dumbass and assumed there'd be a longer gap to preorder him in after volatus. I really like volatus, even though he was the one I was most mixed on for the pre-release images. him and incursus have great fun transformations compared to fraudo and impetus, who are a little more complex and have some very awkward spots in their transformations.

i think blast-off has always had one of the coolest colour schemes on the combaticons, the idea of a space shuttle in weird dark military camo is cool. it doesn't really make sense, but it's cool.

the mmc combaticons are maybe my favourite non-fans hobby toys for striking a good balance between looks and being comfortable to actually transform and fiddle with. Gewalt is up there too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hey collectors, if you have been on eBay for a long time, check your eBay messages. You might have received a $25 coupon code for any transaction of $25.01 or more.

There is so much stuff I want coming out in the next few months, but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what to get in the $25 - $30 range right now, to make it worthwhile to take advantage of the coupon.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hey collectors, if you have been on eBay for a long time, check your eBay messages. You might have received a $25 coupon code for any transaction of $25.01 or more.

There is so much stuff I want coming out in the next few months, but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what to get in the $25 - $30 range right now, to make it worthwhile to take advantage of the coupon.

Thanks for the heads up! My coupon was going to expire on Thursday. I had no idea!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So it seems Diaclone is doing their own take on "Battle Convoy" that both definitely has some inspiration visually from the original(especially in the robot mode), while also being it's own thing

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly surprised they did this, I had assumed they'd want the franchises as separate as possible. Not complaining though!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol, wild! I guess that's a neat way of addressing the elephant in the room, but at the same time, I bet that's just going to cause demand for more nu-diaclone interpretations of the popular transformers.

Especially the tyrannosaurus one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That looks loving cool as poo poo.

Should I put my Animated collection up for sale as a lot or in small lots?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

That looks loving cool as poo poo.

Sell them to me, I kinda regret selling mine.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Droyer posted:

Honestly surprised they did this, I had assumed they'd want the franchises as separate as possible. Not complaining though!
Wow, that's cool. I'm not really into the Diaclone aesthetic but that's probably a buy. Is the cab going to transform the Transformers way or do the Diaclones transform in the take-apart-and-reassemble style?

Also, ShatGlass two-pack. I never liked the Shattered Glass stuff, evil mirror universe stuff just feels lazy, but I'm totally repurposing Pastel Ratchet as some random Decpticon.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Knormal posted:

Wow, that's cool. I'm not really into the Diaclone aesthetic but that's probably a buy. Is the cab going to transform the Transformers way or do the Diaclones transform in the take-apart-and-reassemble style?

Both? It depends on the toy. Some of them are several vehicles that combine into one big robot. I'm guessing this is going to follow the Trivers subseries style judging by its looks. The Trivers are formed from 3 separate components (Cockpit/head, rest of upper body, lower body) which can be combined in various ways but if you combine all 3 they can transform from machine mode to mech mode to robot mode without having to be taken apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

I feel like this statement has been made and then subsequently followed a year later by "gently caress I wish I hadn't sold my animated stuff what was I thinking" every single time someone does it