Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Clown shoe who shared the racist conservative post about illegals just shared a $75 grocery giveaway scam from "Loblaws" (there's no S, it's just Loblaw and still the dumbest sounding name ever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Yawgmoth posted:

I see this poo poo all the time on OKCupid. Tons of people calling themselves sapiosexual or pansexual or whatever the gently caress and it's a great way to ID people who are likely to act like they're still in high school.
pansexual is a real thing though(it's just another term for bisexual)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

World War Mammories posted:

how the gently caress does a dude even sexually enjoy watching a woman breastfeed

I mean maybe I'm the weird one here but having a baby in my field of view really puts a damper on the ol' boner

You don't understand, though. It's an exposed breast IN PUBLIC. Baby be damned, they'll take a bare titty where they can get one.

codo27 posted:

Clown shoe who shared the racist conservative post about illegals just shared a $75 grocery giveaway scam from "Loblaws" (there's no S, it's just Loblaw and still the dumbest sounding name ever)

It's neat how the biggest shitheads on your feed are also the most likely to fall for the dumbest poo poo on the site.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Elizabethan Error posted:

pansexual is a real thing though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uco5Ed-5y2U&t=84s

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mmmm gimme dat cast iron

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

T-man posted:

Isn't there actually a greater number of women worldwide? If anything, the incels are even more pathetic than an even 49.50/49.50/1 would be.

(the one is miscellaneous, intersex, transgender, transsexual)

About 51% of new babies are biologically female and men have higher mortality rates than women because we're stupid and do dangerous things and don't go to the doctor when we have minor symptoms so poo poo like cancer tends to progress further before it gets diagnosed.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
i just finished paying off the bill for the anesthesia for the endoscopy I had last January, lol if you can afford to go to the doctor :911:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

codo27 posted:

Bob Loblaw, of Loblaw's Law Blog, is giving away groceries!?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
To be fair, there's a Canadian grocery chain called 'Loblaws' and earlier this year they gave out a shitton of gift cards over a bread pricing scandal. So it's dumb, but slightly less dumb than usual.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Mmmm gimme dat cast iron

Some of these folks also feel like they'll be ruined if washed with soap.

Checks out.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

So say bisexual and stop being the hipster of sexual terminology. Or keep on keeping on, like I said it's a great way for me to real quick ID people who aren't worth being around.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

YggiDee posted:

To be fair, there's a Canadian grocery chain called 'Loblaws' and earlier this year they gave out a shitton of gift cards over a bread pricing scandal. So it's dumb, but slightly less dumb than usual.

Thank you for introducing me to the phrase "Canadian bread cartel". Also, they managed to keep it going for 14 years? That's almost impressive.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Josef bugman posted:

But even if what they produce is worthwhile how does the internal landscape of the person get defined by purchases. Is there anywhere that people have written about this>?

I mean, just googling "identity product consumption" gave me a lot of papers on the subject. Here's a whole curated set of articles.

From what I can tell, it boils down to "human brains really like being part of an in-group," which could possibly have to do with social survival strategies, but who the gently caress even knows with that stuff.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

tight aspirations posted:

Thank you for introducing me to the phrase "Canadian bread cartel". Also, they managed to keep it going for 14 years? That's almost impressive.

There's a lot of bread in price fixing...well, bread.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

I see this poo poo all the time on OKCupid. Tons of people calling themselves sapiosexual or pansexual or whatever the gently caress and it's a great way to ID people who are likely to act like they're still in high school.

I use pansexual over bisexual on dating sites, because while many bisexuals are attracted to trans and nonbinary people, not all are. (I'm not saying binary trans people aren't women or men, just that some bisexuals are transphobic just like anyone else and still see them as "gross" or whatever). Pansexual is specifically inclusive of all trans people, binary and other wise though. And as a nonbinary person, I appreciate the use when I see it. There are still some pansexual people who do the whole "I'm better than everyone because I don't see gender. Bisexual means two it's transphobic!*:smug:" and stupid poo poo like that, like there's those poly people who do the whole "Oh, I just don't get jealous or envious ever" while having the most drama filled ridiculous relationships.

*And they're rarely talking about nonbinary people, they're usually talking about binary trans people. So they're basically saying they don't see gender and are trans inclusive, while also treating trans people like their own separate gender. :ironicat:

Sapiosexual is such poo poo though. It's not just that they think they're superior for being less shallow, when they're just as shallow as people who only care about looks when considering someone attractive. It's also such an obvious "Look at me! I'm smart! I'm so smart I can't even be attracted to dumb people, only other really smart people!" I hate when cis white people coopt language about and queerness itself to make themselves feel special. (not ace people tho they get a lot of poo poo and misplaced homophobia and need the support).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I've been confused on that topic for awhile after seeing people on twitter "Suggest" it for people. "Oh so you're pansexual" said probably after hearing a bi person stand out against transphobia. Especially lately hearing about TERFs and "GettheT/Lout" stuff online.

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

Skwirl posted:

About 51% of new babies are biologically female and men have higher mortality rates than women because we're stupid and do dangerous things and don't go to the doctor when we have minor symptoms so poo poo like cancer tends to progress further before it gets diagnosed.

New babies, yes, but worldwide there are more men than women. This is likely due to female infanticide and sex selective abortions. Consider China's current sex ratio problem.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SoldadoDeTone posted:

New babies, yes, but worldwide there are more men than women. This is likely due to female infanticide and sex selective abortions. Consider China's current sex ratio problem.

I was going to call bullshit, but looking it up, the world is 49.5% female.

gently caress you China.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Araenna posted:

(not ace people tho they get a lot of poo poo and misplaced homophobia and need the support).
the only support they need is therapy to get over their victim/martyr complexes because

chitoryu12 posted:

They seem to think that the standard for sexual behavior is a willingness to gently caress anyone and everyone that passes by and you must be something different if you prefer to get to know someone before sticking your dick in her.
they aren't "asexual", they just want to be part of a group and have someone think they're interesting/unique/special without putting in any effort.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’ve been asexual as in I’d like to have a sexual experience lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've had a sexual experience, it was fun, look forward to doing it again.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I maintain that half the sex people have is purely theoretical anyway. In other words, the specificity borders on navel-gazing in a lot of cases.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I’ve been asexual as in I’d like to have a sexual experience lol

More like oldse.....you're just doing this deliberately now aren't you?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Skwirl posted:

I've had a sexual experience, it was fun, look forward to doing it again.

Pm sent

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Ularg posted:

I've been confused on that topic for awhile after seeing people on twitter "Suggest" it for people. "Oh so you're pansexual" said probably after hearing a bi person stand out against transphobia. Especially lately hearing about TERFs and "GettheT/Lout" stuff online.

It's kinda weird to tell someone what they should identify as.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

It's kinda weird to tell someone what they should identify as.

I mean I partly get the "Hey maybe this term may suit your views better" but I never felt like Bisexuality would (or at least should) ever exclude trans or non-binary people in the first place.

If the term makes someone feel better and helps them find a supportive community, more power to them.

Also I'm learning I shouldn't be in this thread when the topic of LGBTQ+ comes up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

codo27 posted:

"Loblaws" (there's no S, it's just Loblaw

http://loblaws.ca

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Yawgmoth posted:

So say bisexual and stop being the hipster of sexual terminology. Or keep on keeping on, like I said it's a great way for me to real quick ID people who aren't worth being around.
the term's been around for a hundred years, sorry you conflate stupid tumblr bullshit with actual concepts :nallears:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

they aren't "asexual", they just want to be part of a group and have someone think they're interesting/unique/special without putting in any effort.

The thing is, demisexuality isn't even asexuality! Asexual people have no urge to have sex, while demisexual people have that urge but just don't do it with random people they just met. "Demisexual" is literally just being a normal person with standards and trying to make a new term for it so you can be special.

Actually, I also know of people who claim to be asexual but have and enjoy sex (including one who engaged in overt sexting). They try to say that the difference is that they don't experience an urge for it and just gently caress because it's enjoyable, but I feel like that's splitting hairs and they're probably in the same boat of "Normal people who don't fit the definition of normalcy they have in their mind so they need a new word for it."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1017113234502045696
tl;dr My wife of 23 years is upset with my plan to abandon her for half a year now that we have some time where we aren't constantly caring or our children.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1017113234502045696
tl;dr My wife of 23 years is upset with my plan to abandon her for half a year now that we have some time where we aren't constantly caring or our children.

I like his motives and reasoning and the countries he's going to visit (well I'd skip Israel and Vatican but whatever). I just don't quite understand why he hates his wife so much that he needs to do all this alone. I guess he sees her as massive distraction for those spiritual goals, but that's a pretty awful marriage to have.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Maybe I'm missing something here, but this seems like a man reaching an older age who wants an experience of independence and introspection. I don't think that really translates to "hating his wife".

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Don't those trips of self reflection and introspection usually include Thailand?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

chitoryu12 posted:

The thing is, demisexuality isn't even asexuality! Asexual people have no urge to have sex, while demisexual people have that urge but just don't do it with random people they just met. "Demisexual" is literally just being a normal person with standards and trying to make a new term for it so you can be special.

Actually, I also know of people who claim to be asexual but have and enjoy sex (including one who engaged in overt sexting). They try to say that the difference is that they don't experience an urge for it and just gently caress because it's enjoyable, but I feel like that's splitting hairs and they're probably in the same boat of "Normal people who don't fit the definition of normalcy they have in their mind so they need a new word for it."

Yeah, I wasn't talking about demisexuals, I meant people who are actually asexual.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

cash crab posted:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but this seems like a man reaching an older age who wants an experience of independence and introspection. I don't think that really translates to "hating his wife".

They've been married for 23 years, their daughters are graduating college so that means they're probably around 22 years old. It's the first time since they were newlyweds that they can spend time with each other without having their children demanding their attention and he wants to fly half a world away from his wife.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Krispy Wafer posted:

Don't those trips of self reflection and introspection usually include Thailand?

I had one trip that was Thailand-Myanmar-Thailand-Laos-Thailand. There's some good combos to be had from self reflection, old buddhist temples, serenity and boning women.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Everybody knows there's nothing in Thailand other than prostitutes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Skwirl posted:

They've been married for 23 years, their daughters are graduating college so that means they're probably around 22 years old. It's the first time since they were newlyweds that they can spend time with each other without having their children demanding their attention and he wants to fly half a world away from his wife.

Yes, because they couldn’t have traveled while their clingy kids were attending college.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Krispy Wafer posted:

Listen, he's getting free air fare by flying on his friend Jeffrey Epstein's plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

chitoryu12 posted:

Same here, every "asexual" person I've ever met/spoken to has had sex and intends on having sex again and is more interested in who is loving who and who will gently caress them than I ever have been. It's on the level of "I'm vegan but I eat fish n' chips whenever we pass by a shop and I eat a steak once a week but it's okay because the cow was free range and fish are basically the beans of the sea" people. I'm morbidly curious as to what the next exciting thing to call yourself will be and how all the cool kids on the latest and greatest social media platform will decide they count as it despite not meeting any of the criteria.

the term's been around for a hundred years, sorry you conflate stupid tumblr bullshit with actual concepts :nallears:
I like how you're bitching about "stupid tumblr bullshit" while being exactly the kind of person I'm talking about here :waycool: