Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I need help finding a music video. All I can remember is it's foreign, possibly eastern european, and the main singer is a short, old guy. There is a hot babe in the video who mostly just dances and occasionally goes "YOOKA YOOKA YOOO" or something sounding like that. I think the short guy plays violin occasionally. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Looking for the videos or the name of the poet.

Years ago someone posted a link to this weird poet guy talking. He had a very weird, almost cartoonish voice that was constantly lilting in pitch. He sounded ever so slightly like the 'yeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeees' guy from The Simpsons.

One of the stories he told was about his house growing up and there were vines on the house and the vines were covered in lizards and a 'colored man' came and offered to help get rid of the lizards, and the poet found this very humorous. I think he had died a while before the youtube video was posted.

Any ideas?

Edit: He was American, white, fairly skinny I think. He looked...odd, the same way Steve Buscemi does.

Captain_Indigo has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Oct 9, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Captain_Indigo posted:

Years ago someone posted a link to this weird poet guy talking. He had a very weird, almost cartoonish voice that was constantly lilting in pitch. He sounded ever so slightly like the 'yeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeees' guy from The Simpsons.

One of the stories he told was about his house growing up and there were vines on the house and the vines were covered in lizards and a 'colored man' came and offered to help get rid of the lizards, and the poet found this very humorous. I think he had died a while before the youtube video was posted.

Any ideas?

Edit: He was American, white, fairly skinny I think. He looked...odd, the same way Steve Buscemi does.

I don't know the video you're talking about, but the man in question sounds like John Waters. For the record, John Waters rules and is also alive.

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012
Does anybody remember a video where a panel of sports commentators have a camera malfunction and it slowly and menacingly rolls into the shot then pushes the desk they're seated at right off the set?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

King Kambrook posted:

Does anybody remember a video where a panel of sports commentators have a camera malfunction and it slowly and menacingly rolls into the shot then pushes the desk they're seated at right off the set?

I can't find a video of just that one thing, but are you talking about the clip at the end of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hty7frKMbp8

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012

The Rokstar posted:

I can't find a video of just that one thing, but are you talking about the clip at the end of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hty7frKMbp8

Yes! That's exactly the one I was thinking of, thank you so much, I've spent ages looking for it.

Lucky Raccoon
Aug 17, 2006

Let's put on our classics and have a little dance shall we?

Captain_Indigo posted:

Any ideas?

This sounds like David Lynch almost. Did he move his fingers to the beat of his speech with a raised hand?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jmcrofts posted:

I need help finding a music video. All I can remember is it's foreign, possibly eastern european, and the main singer is a short, old guy. There is a hot babe in the video who mostly just dances and occasionally goes "YOOKA YOOKA YOOO" or something sounding like that. I think the short guy plays violin occasionally. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Definitely one of this guys videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0EYufA4nY

She looks good, but goddamn those facial expressions are jarring.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Centripetal Horse posted:

I don't know the video you're talking about, but the man in question sounds like John Waters. For the record, John Waters rules and is also alive.

Not him.

Lucky Raccoon posted:

This sounds like David Lynch almost. Did he move his fingers to the beat of his speech with a raised hand?

Not David Lynch either.

I think he was older. The film of him looked like it might have been from the 80s and I THINK he was older than David Lynch then. I'm not sure that the guy was famous in the same way.

Edit: It's really hard to search for because searching poetry and lizards pretty much just gets Jim Morrison stuff.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

Definitely one of this guys videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC0EYufA4nY

She looks good, but goddamn those facial expressions are jarring.

YOU RULE. This was the specific one I was thinking of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0DO0XyS8Ko

God, what a weird video.

Jmcrofts has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Oct 12, 2014

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Captain_Indigo posted:

Any ideas?

Edgar Oliver

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Going to repost this request, because it is my white whale.

Diabolik900 posted:

This feels like a longshot, but my own Googling on several occasions has failed. So there's this video that a friend of mine showed me a few years ago that I've been trying to find again. It's a video where some guy overdubbed an episode of Rugrats with vulgar dialog. Objectively I can admit it's pretty terrible, but my friends and I always managed to get way too much enjoyment out of it. There are about a million of these things on YouTube, but the specific one I'm looking for was from the episode "Runaway Angelica", and it seems to have been taken down quite some time ago. I've gotten so far as finding the original URL for the video, but it was removed long ago, so I would need to find it reuploaded somewhere if there's any hope of finding it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
There's some horrible Jehovah's Witness propaganda video done with dated as gently caress CGI someone overdubbed with the intro to the Binding of Isaac that was absolutely perfect. I saw it a few years ago and haven't been able to find it again since.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Anybody have that bridge construction/demolition video that had a dubstep soundtrack and crap editing?

Radicals
Dec 16, 2005

I'm looking for a video of a comedian (I thought it was Louis CK but after searching I don't think it was him). Basically he was joking about how men and women have different experiences during sex (men work hard but women get to relax/surrender), he says something along the lines of

"And women are there, and they're all like "Mmmmmm...Me!...." As he rubs his body.

(As in the woman is just getting off on the idea of herself.)

I am dying to find this video!

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

Edgar Oliver

Pretty sure that's him, though I can't find him talking about his house with the lizards. Still, thanks very much!

Edit: Found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mohr3sg0C0

Captain_Indigo has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Oct 18, 2014

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

Picnic Princess posted:

Anybody have that bridge construction/demolition video that had a dubstep soundtrack and crap awesome editing?

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vabuXPvFlwk

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I don't have very high hopes for this, but has anyone ever watched the ITAR training videos that were made to look like the old Max Payne cutscenes? I had to watch them about a decade ago when I worked at a defense company and I want to make sure they were real.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Ariza posted:

I don't have very high hopes for this, but has anyone ever watched the ITAR training videos that were made to look like the old Max Payne cutscenes? I had to watch them about a decade ago when I worked at a defense company and I want to make sure they were real.

Does anyone know what happened to http://www.youtube.com/user/VodkaVideoTV ? They deleted almost all their videos.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

This is more of a song request, hope that's ok (I expect there's a youtube version out there somewhere). I'm looking for a song that I'm pretty sure is from an anime with robots, perhaps a relatively well-known one, that has female vocals and the lyrics include a phrase that's something like "as we dance across the stars".

the littlest prince has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Jan 8, 2015

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
  • surrealist animated music video
  • starts off with a guy driving home and all these little statues start falling from the sky
  • the guy has a key for a hand, which is swapped out for a plant hand by people that meet him at the door
  • he is also served a drink when he arrives
  • he then turns into a superhero and flies to space to deal with the thing spitting out the statues

I can't remember what it's called and it's driving me nuts.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I'm trying to track down a video - it was a compilation of crazy coin tricks where these dudes would bounce coins off various surfaces and land them in shot/whiskey glasses. It had a bunch of slow motion replays of the crazier tricks. Can anyone hel pme out?

Edit: The tricks were like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YPX8-DW0Q

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

neurotech posted:

I'm trying to track down a video - it was a compilation of crazy coin tricks where these dudes would bounce coins off various surfaces and land them in shot/whiskey glasses. It had a bunch of slow motion replays of the crazier tricks. Can anyone hel pme out?

Edit: The tricks were like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4YPX8-DW0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27eL-pA6OPg
?

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Champion! Thank you.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Looking for a funny old video with a MMA fighter guy, I think Russian or Easter European where he was explaining how to do MMA. He'd kick at the screen and say "just do this!". Might have been wearing camo pants, too. I think he passed away later, sadly.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

AzureSkys posted:

Looking for a funny old video with a MMA fighter guy, I think Russian or Easter European where he was explaining how to do MMA. He'd kick at the screen and say "just do this!". Might have been wearing camo pants, too. I think he passed away later, sadly.

Sounds like Bas Rutten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5fjmu4899c

He's Dutch and alive, though.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

That's it, thanks! Yeah, got my stories mixed up. No wonder I had a hard time searching for it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Sounds like Bas Rutten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5fjmu4899c

He's Dutch and alive, though.

This is only a segment, but the whole video is goddamn hilarious. It's basically "How to gently caress people up if you pick a fight with someone sitting down at a booth in Applebees."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

There's a bit from a comedian, I want to say Doug Benson, about Haggar talking to his doctor about his eating habits and how his diet consists entirely of apples and full rotisserie chickens he finds from punching garbage cans. It was one of the funniest things I've heard all year but it's like it doesn't exist. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and maybe have a link to it?

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Its Pete Holmes - Video Game Doctor

https://play.google.com/music/m/Tt4qc3lz2dnxxznsq7g7s3mfzye

Doom Sleigher has a new favorite as of 07:27 on Jan 25, 2015

Halifax
May 22, 2006

Technology Equals Might Want to Loot Instead
Nap Ghost
Does anyone know the name of the channel from Youtube where it was a guy making fake accident videos? The guy was British and it would usually involve clothing sewn together to resemble a person falling off of things and the cameraman would say "no..." in a sad sounding voice? I've been trying to find them on Youtube but all I can find are legitimate accident videos.

Chocolate Teapot
May 8, 2009

Halifax posted:

Does anyone know the name of the channel from Youtube where it was a guy making fake accident videos? The guy was British and it would usually involve clothing sewn together to resemble a person falling off of things and the cameraman would say "no..." in a sad sounding voice? I've been trying to find them on Youtube but all I can find are legitimate accident videos.

TedCrusty, got by searching "horrific accident" and scrolling down a few.

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012
I'm trying to find a video (or a gif of the video) where a woman and a man are in a fancy car, then the woman takes off her underwear and tries to seductively slide about on the windscreen.
Then it cuts to an inside view of the car and somebody's replaced the view through the windscreen with some kind of bottom-feeding suckerfish going to town on it.
(If I remember correctly, the woman was in a spotted dress.)

I'm pretty sure the unedited version is from a movie, but I haven't been able to find it with any amount of googling because I suck.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

King Kambrook posted:

I'm trying to find a video (or a gif of the video) where a woman and a man are in a fancy car, then the woman takes off her underwear and tries to seductively slide about on the windscreen.
Then it cuts to an inside view of the car and somebody's replaced the view through the windscreen with some kind of bottom-feeding suckerfish going to town on it.
(If I remember correctly, the woman was in a spotted dress.)

I'm pretty sure the unedited version is from a movie, but I haven't been able to find it with any amount of googling because I suck.

It's probably Cameron Diaz in The Counselor, though I can't find the edited video you're talking about.

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012

wa27 posted:

It's probably Cameron Diaz in The Counselor, though I can't find the edited video you're talking about.

Yes that's it! Unfortunately I still can't seem to find the edited version I'm looking for either.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
There's a gif, but I don't know if there's a video.

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012

Jamesman posted:

There's a gif, but I don't know if there's a video.

That's it! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
A while back I remember seeing some video where somebody had taken the cutscenes from Mass Effect and replaced Captain Anderson's dialog with Julius from Saints Row, but I can't find it now. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Umbilical Lotus
Nov 13, 2005

OH NO!!!! AXE CUT YOU!!!!
Google is failing me on this one. I'm looking for a Saturday Night Live sketch involving, I think, Bill Hader and someone else playing police trying to talk a guy down from jumping off a building. They're just shooting the poo poo, though, as this dude gets more and more frantic, pausing only to perfunctorily look up and yell "DON'T" through a megaphone. I lost my poo poo when I first saw it and haven't been able to find the bastard since.

Please help me. Imagine I have giant kitten eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Umbilical Lotus posted:

Google is failing me on this one. I'm looking for a Saturday Night Live sketch involving, I think, Bill Hader and someone else playing police trying to talk a guy down from jumping off a building. They're just shooting the poo poo, though, as this dude gets more and more frantic, pausing only to perfunctorily look up and yell "DON'T" through a megaphone. I lost my poo poo when I first saw it and haven't been able to find the bastard since.

Please help me. Imagine I have giant kitten eyes.

Unfortunately NBC is Nazis about SNL content on the web, but here is a korean site with the video:
http://pann.nate.com/video/218280949

• Locked thread