Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

devil is a part timer was in my opinion, a funny and good show, aniki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Thanks to Budget Prefuse for reminding me I never finished Kyousougiga, which based on what I have seen would definitely have been a grievous error on my part.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Wow not even when Gurren and Lagann first combined was i so overtaken with emotion as just now when Nia died!"

hth

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I cried when I saw the Chouginga Gurren Lagann because I wanted Kittan back

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the best characters in GL die.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i cried when viral's possible family was shown and then i remembered that beastmen are sterile

rip viral

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Endorph posted:

i cried when viral's possible family was shown and then i remembered that beastmen are sterile

rip viral

that's seriously one of my favourite scenes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol i had no idea they made a Les Miserables anime in 2007

(yes, i wikipedia'd anime made in 2007)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

(yes, i wikipedia'd anime made in 2007)
my favorite weird anime is the romeo and juliet anime where shakespeare is a background character who spoils every single plot twist

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

devil is a part timer was in my opinion, a funny and good show, aniki.
dont call me that plutonis

Bad Seafood posted:

Thanks to Budget Prefuse for reminding me I never finished Kyousougiga, which based on what I have seen would definitely have been a grievous error on my part.
np

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Did anyone ever sub that? I remember only hearing about it in passing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

the gonzo version of Seven Samurai that covered the film and then did a bunch of anime original stuff after

the samurai were awesome because they could cut laser beams with their swords but were sadly defeated by bullets

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

I too am working my way through Kyousougiga, and it is good. Edit: And apparently also ADTRW's favorite anime that nobody in ADTRW has actually watched.

Also if you didn't get at least a little misty eyed when Kittan died, you are an inhuman monster. Dude was the best character in that show.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 11, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

i really need to finish kyosougiga :(

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

chumbler posted:

I too am working my way through Kyousougiga, and it is good. Edit: And apparently also ADTRW's favorite anime that nobody in ADTRW has actually watched.
I started watching it, I just have this bad habit where I start a bunch of shows that look interesting then work interferes and I forget to keep up.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

a kitten posted:

"Wow not even when Gurren and Lagann first combined was i so overtaken with emotion as just now when Nia died!"

Same.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kyousougiga was good. What a good year that was for anime, aside of Imaishi wetting himself in public.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Budget Prefuse posted:

dont call me that plutonis

sorry broseheimer

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

broseidon, brod of the brocean.
bronkenstein
broserino
brorek brolander
broserker
brotus
brovernor

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I got The Netflix for a month so I could watch Marvel's Daredevil, are there any good giant robot cartoons on The Netflix?

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

The motherfuckers behind me in the theatre are talking about the Tale of princess tokomo the newest ghibli film from director Miyazaki

aers
Feb 15, 2012

The reason Hoshi no Umi exists and fits in between episodes 8 and 9 of the TV show is because they were made first by Ryochimo's team and bundled with the manga 1-2 years before the TV show remake got greenlit. He decided to just skip that part in the TV show since he had the same team and made an effort to make them just appear like extended episodes of the show.

Also that anime is the reason Tatsunoko is at the forefront of the digital animation boom in Japan and is allowing them to attract a lot of younger talent. Said younger talent was responsible for basically everything in Yoru no Yatterman.

Chimo is a good director but he said the stress of making YZQ made him not want to direct a TV anime again. He's still working on random stuff though; he's responsible for the Nozaki-kun OP for one.

aers fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 11, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
At some point people are also gonna remember that Eccentric Family was also in the year of Kyousougiga and Devil is a Part timer that not enough people watched either. It was a really solid year.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I still need to finish Eccentric Family.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Eccentric Family was a great show. I'd have bought it already if NIS America could be bothered to release a regular edition.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Allarion posted:

At some point people are also gonna remember that Eccentric Family was also in the year of Kyousougiga and Devil is a Part timer that not enough people watched either. It was a really solid year.

I'm gonna remember it, and Tatami Galaxy!

I hope that some day someone will translate some of Morimi's books, they seem to be in that awkward spot where they're not quite prestige titles but it's not something that most anime fans would care about either.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Well EoE was a fitting finale.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I wanna watch the new BBB but I can't yet

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

so much anime and not enough hours

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Netflix's anime selection is pathetic

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Netflix's anime selection is pathetic

Indeed. 75% of it looks unwatchable.

Did Hulu just get all the anime first or what?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

I wanna watch the new BBB but I can't yet

the ED is real good
i dunno if the last episode had it but it's real good this episode
lots of silly dancing

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Indeed. 75% of it looks unwatchable.

Did Hulu just get all the anime first or what?

There's a fair amount of good stuff on Netflix but most of that good stuff is on other services as well.

Hulu will just take whatever since iirc the companies are paid by view numbers?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Srice posted:

There's a fair amount of good stuff on Netflix but most of that good stuff is on other services as well.

Hulu will just take whatever since iirc the companies are paid by view numbers?

netflix pays a lump sum for its shows so they only take certain things that they think will be profitable

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

netflix pays a lump sum for its shows so they only take certain things that they think will be profitable

Yeah. And I'm glad that's not the case for Hulu because oh man there are a lot of shows that almost definitely barely make any money.

I'm happy they put up obscure 70s/80s anime there for all of the dozen people that want to watch 'em.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Same. Too bad I can't remove commercials by getting Hulu plus though. Still, hulu /Netflix have significantly and cheaply reduced my dependence on :filez:

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 12, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Yeah, too bad I can't remove commercials by getting Hulu plus though.

That is really the stupidest drat thing.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

the ED is real good
i dunno if the last episode had it but it's real good this episode
lots of silly dancing

whats the next episode preview also did Femt do it again

j wanna know if they're doing it straight or if they'll cut some of the stories

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

whats the next episode preview also did Femt do it again

j wanna know if they're doing it straight or if they'll cut some of the stories

It's the chess game, previewed by one of the human smugglers from this episode. So it seems like the episode's villain will do the previews. Also the ED is really good and features Femt so he'll probably show up more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

It's the chess game, previewed by one of the human smugglers from this episode. So it seems like the episode's villain will do the previews. Also the ED is really good and features Femt so he'll probably show up more.

Haha dope, I'm premptivemy calling it aots then.

I know they too ably won't adapt the story where Leonard is helping kk find the perfect birthday card for her son in a convenience store, just cause it's such a short one, but Itz still my kokoro hope to see it.

• Locked thread