Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Scyantific posted:

Talkin bout player-justice? Firor, Lambert, and Wrobel scrapped that part of the Justice System because they're too up their own rear end about "not letting smart people outplay everyone else"

C'mon man, we know "smart people" just translates to "gank squads".

PureRok posted:

I've never stolen anything and I have a mod that specifically doesn't allow me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

I have no idea why this game has such a dogshit reputation, since it's so fun and easy to jump into. The game makes it really convenient and scales everything to your group level.

We grabbed some fellow stupid newbs tonight and ,with no tank and a level 7 healer fresh out of the newbie island , we hit the first dungeon, freed the goblins and murdered the crab king in like 20 minutes.
We were even able to trade dungeon loot so everyone got stuff they could actually use.

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm planning to put together a stupid newbie raid tomorrow to check out the under level 50 pvp.

Well I could fire off a list of reasons why people consider it dogshit, but that'll just bring in a bunch of shitposts about why "I haven't quit already." All I can really say is that the game never had a stellar reputation, and if you want to know why, look on their forums. Sure, the majority of it is toxic garbage, but there are a few threads that legitimately paint a picture of what's currently wrong with the game.

E: If you have PMs we can discuss this in private if you want.

poptart_fairy posted:

C'mon man, we know "smart people" just translates to "gank squads".
Like goons wouldn't be the first to jump on the Gank Squad train.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So I'm new and bought the gold edition cause why not, gotta get in on that Dark Brotherhood action asap, but I also kinda wondered is there really anything I should blow my little handful of crowns on? Seems like about all I could get is that starter pack or maybe a turban.

Pyraen
Feb 20, 2009
Yeah, it's super tempting to drop $30 despite my friends & wife not wanting to play :(

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

I'm in as DrKrankenwagen - Nord Nightblade. Does the rule in the OP of never putting points into health still apply?

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
i die a lot with my lvl 19 magicka dk, have i made terrible mistakes here: my skill bar is volatile armor, sanguine altar, flame lash, blockade of fire, inner light, and standard of might ultimate, using light armor i've picked up and an inferno staff. the game rates my equipment as **/****.

i do some damage but can't heal myself enough

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ragle posted:

i die a lot with my lvl 19 magicka dk, have i made terrible mistakes here: my skill bar is volatile armor, sanguine altar, flame lash, blockade of fire, inner light, and standard of might ultimate, using light armor i've picked up and an inferno staff. the game rates my equipment as **/****.

i do some damage but can't heal myself enough

Drop Sanguine Altar completely, replace it with Burning Embers (the second skill in the Ardent Flame tree). Burning Embers is the morph that heals you for the damage done by the skill, just pop it when you need an emergency heal.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pyraen posted:

Yeah, it's super tempting to drop $30 despite my friends & wife not wanting to play :(

So am I the ONLY Redguard on the entire EU server? Seems like it. So Ebonheart sounds good but I really want to continue playing either mage Redguard (to continue the adventures of Wu-Tang Blackula) or my thief Catd00d (their speech amuses me horribly) does the plus membership include the traveller or whatnot pack to do this? Just curious.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
So after never trying this game because of the bad press it got, I gave it a shot with the free weekend and to my surprise it kinda feels like my kind of poo poo. It has a certain novelty to it that modern mmos tend to overlook. What I am saying is between getting a taste and the whole thing being 67% off during the weekend I think I'm going to give this thing an actual shot and let them have my :10bux:

Throw me an invite at @moikki so I can drown you in my stupid questions.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Saw this was on sale for 10 bucks and figured why not, reading up on things and it seems like the game vastly improved over launch.

Please throw an invite @Beautiful_Ninja

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
anybody play this in vr? I got an oculus and recently bought vorpx. Was reading something about developers putting in some vr support ?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PvP sorc is almost done. Currently sittin at 44k magicka, 3k spell damage, 18k spell penetration. Just need my 4x necropotence jewelry and sharpened destro staff and i'll be pushing 48k magicka.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'd like to make a proper healer, but Templar feels so wimpy to the Palpatine-esque crackle of LIIIIIIIIGHTNIIIIIIIIIIIIING mage.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Came back to this after a very long hiatus. (Pre Champion points). I absolutely LOVE the change that basically scales everyone to the same content. This is the single best thing they've done and it makes playing with friends fun and not a hassle. Everyone MMO needs to do this. The second best thing is just running dungeons non stop via the dungeon finder. Made a pretty decent NB healing build. Haven't had too much trouble with most of the II versions of dungeons. Need to do a full respec to bring some of my morph choices more inline with a magic/healing build instead of PVP.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

poptart_fairy posted:

I'd like to make a proper healer, but Templar feels so wimpy to the Palpatine-esque crackle of LIIIIIIIIGHTNIIIIIIIIIIIIING mage.

I thought good healing all came down to weilding a restoration staff which any class can do.

Unrelated: It actually surprised me that there isn't a transmog/wardrobe system in this game. Hope there's one in the works.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Send me a guild invite to @decairn.
Thanks.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Templar is the only one that has an entire class tree dedicated to making bars move right instead of left and because of that I imagine most pubbies think that only Templars can heal

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
My healer is a mag NB, who doesn't even use a resto staff. All class abilities! I'm basically blood healing the group, it rules.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In general are tanks or healers needed more?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Healers. Like, they're both needed, but for a majority of the content you don't need a "real" tank.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Blast of Confetti posted:

Templar is the only one that has an entire class tree dedicated to making bars move right instead of left and because of that I imagine most pubbies think that only Templars can heal

In my healing load out for my magplar I think I have 1 templar healing ability on my bar, the rest is staff skills.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I am an Elder Scrolls baby and would like to join the guild(s). Even though I just started I feel I have a lot to offer, including:
  • A horsey
  • A dog
  • A helmet that looks like a kitty cat

I think there will be a lot of demand for my services so please invite me quickly. @dysanx

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Pretty much all the 1 dungeons you can do with a decent stam dps as tank, and probably the 2s with someone a bit better. My stamsorc can tank most normal dungeons at this point (haven't tried WGT or a few others) and only needs a healer 5-10% of the time. I still feel like my DPS is poo poo though, sitting at 20k health and only like 28k stam with 160 blue food.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Rollersnake posted:

The bonuses from sets mean found weapons and armor are always better than crafted, until whatever point that's no longer the case (I'm certainly not there yet). Enchanting (and maybe provisioning) is the only craft that is honestly useful early on, and I recommend working on at least that.

This is just plain not true. You can and should craft your own sets, there is good stuff for as little as two perks per part researched which takes barely any time at all. The bulk of the stuff you want will need a bit more than that but researching and crafting is always easier than actually farming up the parts and it's way easier to actually get what you want that way. Crafted gear in this game is always viable and very often preferable to found and awarded gear.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Levelling is crazy slow in this game. It's not as themepark-y as most other mmos nowadays, which is surprisingly refreshing. Do levels take fewer xp points past 50 or something because I can't imagine getting to 500+ at the pace I'm currently going.

Also I started a Dunmer stamsorc, am I going to regret this? Now that I know a little more about the game mechanics it seems like they don't have many passives that are useful for that build. Or is this okay since maybe a magicka build becomes meta eventually?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

jjac posted:

I thought good healing all came down to weilding a restoration staff which any class can do.

Starting to notice this. A lot of people are pretty venomous about not doing end game content without a Templar Healer which put me off, but apparently that's just the lunatics wanting 5% quicker dungeon runs.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I, uhm, "heal" dungeons with healing ward and siphon spirit, and mostly just dps.. Including most vets. I'd use healing springs too, but I hosed up when morphing and urrggg respecing..

So yeah, healing dungeons is really easy in this game.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Scyantific posted:

Drop Sanguine Altar completely, replace it with Burning Embers (the second skill in the Ardent Flame tree). Burning Embers is the morph that heals you for the damage done by the skill, just pop it when you need an emergency heal.

Just started playing a mag dk and saw that Flame Lash heals as well. Still better to go with the ardent flame damage increase and use searing strike morph for self heals? Cuz Flame Lash is a 10k heal over 2 seconds.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I've always said take every heal morph. Dead dps do zero dps. You lose some damage, but I think the survivability more than makes up for it. The healing morph of Jesus Beam is the best example of this. Saved my rear end innumerable times.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

sluggo is mad posted:

Just started playing a mag dk and saw that Flame Lash heals as well. Still better to go with the ardent flame damage increase and use searing strike morph for self heals? Cuz Flame Lash is a 10k heal over 2 seconds.

Requires a target to be set off-balance to get the Power Lash proc. I find it to be a bit unreliable unless I'm in PvP.

RE: Healing

Templars are more preferred for healing because of a few things:

-Spear Shards
-Major Mending
-Repentance
-Cleansing Ritual
-Burst Heal (Breath of Life)

Simply put they're the one class that can bring a lot of utility to a group on top of their healing capacity. Stamina on demand (with Repentance and Shards) helps a ton during long fights, and they're the only class with a constant source of Major Mending, which turns a 16k crit BoL into a 20k crit BoL. They also have the cheapest purge in the game, as long as someone activates the Purify synergy while inside a Healing Ritual's AoE.

It's like DKs are the preferred tank class because of the utility they bring to a group. Though Saptanks are emerging as the more powerful tanks, if played properly.

E: There's a reason you see Tempheals and Dragontanks in endgame raids over any other class.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Orsinium big.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is the best without quest markers and maps and stuff. I followed a dog because I thought someone fell down a well and somehow I got tangled up in a conspiracy to off the local royals

Captain Farce
Jun 24, 2004
i think NOT!
Since I haven't had any luck hunting for them in the wild, if anyone wants to hook me up with either/both flavours of werewolf or vamp bites I'd appreciate it :v:

Edit: Tempting fate worked and I found werewolves pretty much right after posting. Could still use a good vamping though if anyone's down.

Captain Farce fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 22, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I but bit three people this week, I'll check if I have any bites up when I get home.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Scyantific posted:

Requires a target to be set off-balance to get the Power Lash proc. I find it to be a bit unreliable unless I'm in PvP.

RE: Healing

Templars are more preferred for healing because of a few things:

-Spear Shards
-Major Mending
-Repentance
-Cleansing Ritual
-Burst Heal (Breath of Life)

Simply put they're the one class that can bring a lot of utility to a group on top of their healing capacity. Stamina on demand (with Repentance and Shards) helps a ton during long fights, and they're the only class with a constant source of Major Mending, which turns a 16k crit BoL into a 20k crit BoL. They also have the cheapest purge in the game, as long as someone activates the Purify synergy while inside a Healing Ritual's AoE.

It's like DKs are the preferred tank class because of the utility they bring to a group. Though Saptanks are emerging as the more powerful tanks, if played properly.

E: There's a reason you see Tempheals and Dragontanks in endgame raids over any other class.

Are group kicks from not having the one true build an issue in this game because that really kills a lot of the potential for me.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

jjac posted:

Are group kicks from not having the one true build an issue in this game because that really kills a lot of the potential for me.

Nah I haven't seen a person kicked yet other than for being AFK.

It might be different if you're running the hardest dungeons, but definitely not the case for 95% of stuff.

Seanightjar
Apr 1, 2011

can i get an invite to the guild on ebonheart? userid: @seanightjar1

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I did my very first dungeon today at level 10 and some dude was trying to kick the healer for some reason despite him keeping us all alive fine.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

A bunch of my friends bought this since it is ten bux on steam, so I'm reinstalling it. One of them is playing a healing templar and I want to tank. Does anyone have a good dk tanking guide that I could learn from?

e: I checked that alcasthq one now that I'm home and I see there's a guide there. Missed that while I was reading on my phone. :v: I am sad that race is so important because I think argonians are the coolest.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Race isn't super important unless you are trying to ultra-minmax-sperglord the poo poo out of your build. Argonians make fantastic DK tanks because of the Health, Magicka, and healing bonuses. And the potion racial passive acts like a mini-Battle Roar.

jjac posted:

If you get kicked because of something like that, chances are those fuckwads were going to wipe anyway. As long as you don't do something as retarded as LIGHT ATTACK LIGHT ATTACK LIGHT ATTACK with a bow you should be fine.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 22, 2016