Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shoehead posted:

It's kind of nuts that this wasn't the finale, because everything that happened was also kind of nuts.

I hope Jughead isn't dead and season 3 is just queer, teen, The Warriors.

I have this rough idea for a future season where there's only two bridges leading into town (surrounded by impassable rivers) and both are blown up so the town goes full on Mad Max waiting for outside aide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
poo poo, this is ending the same week as Dynasty. I need to get into some new shows. Is that batshit Heathers reboot starting soon?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SEX BURRITO posted:

poo poo, this is ending the same week as Dynasty. I need to get into some new shows. Is that batshit Heathers reboot starting soon?

Have you tried Cobra Kai yet?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SEX BURRITO posted:

How is Dynasty? Schwartz and Savage are like the only people I'd trust to reboot it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

esperterra posted:

I finally mostly caught up and lol, this show is too good. Maybe it was just the musical episode that killed my momentum and not so much the longer episode order, idk, but I'll be excited to watch weekly again til this season is over at any rate.

e: ^^ i love her emphasis on retrieving the cape when explaining to betty how she escaped

I do think the longer season did contribute to some pacing issues. A lot of angry mob Archie could have easily been cut.

E: if more episodes had Cheryl then I'd have no problem.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Despite every other plotline trying to be woke, Archie being brutally reminded of his and his father's fragility and immediately being seduced by law-and-order politics and violence to the detriment of those who care for him is the most topical part of the show IMO.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Chieves posted:

I do think the longer season did contribute to some pacing issues. A lot of angry mob Archie could have easily been cut.

E: if more episodes had Cheryl then I'd have no problem.

More Cheryl is always a benefit.

Thelma and Louise-esque spinoff starring Cheryl and Alice when ??

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Rhyno posted:

Have you tried Cobra Kai yet?

I'd actually not heard of this. I'll take a look, thanks.

esperterra posted:

How is Dynasty? Schwartz and Savage are like the only people I'd trust to reboot it, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

It's trash TV. But it is good trash. It's kind of a grown-up Gossip Girl with business deals rather than high school drama.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SEX BURRITO posted:

It's trash TV. But it is good trash. It's kind of a grown-up Gossip Girl with business deals rather than high school drama.

Excellent, that sounds like exactly what I want out of a Dynasty remake by the GG team. Does it get campy, though? One thing I want but am not sure it will have is a very fine veneer of camp, like beyond what the trash teen drama brings you already. So much of Dynasty's legacy esp for us homos is how goddamn over the top it is.

I expect there will at least be a lot of powerful women slapping eachother.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Oh yeah, definitely a camp classic. Lots of ladies in ballgowns calling each other bitches and having cat fights. Lots of weddings and funerals being interrupted by schemes. It doubles down on the camp once Alexis shows up.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Rhyno posted:

I have this rough idea for a future season where there's only two bridges leading into town (surrounded by impassable rivers) and both are blown up so the town goes full on Mad Max waiting for outside aide.

The Bad Idea Rises

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

SEX BURRITO posted:

Oh yeah, definitely a camp classic. Lots of ladies in ballgowns calling each other bitches and having cat fights. Lots of weddings and funerals being interrupted by schemes. It doubles down on the camp once Alexis shows up.

Excellllennntttt, I know what I'm starting this week!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I hope next season starts with Archie stepping out of Hiram's prison all inked up with jailhouse tattoos.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I missed why they had to evacuate the Serpent hideout because I was busy cackling like a maniac at the dire warning given with the word 'Mumsy'.

Also, I'm disappointed that we're getting more Serpent stuff, rather than less. Pretty bored of Serpent drama, though we did get Cheryl in her own unique red jacket.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

rapeface posted:

I missed why they had to evacuate the Serpent hideout because I was busy cackling like a maniac at the dire warning given with the word 'Mumsy'.

The Sheriff was going to raid the building and maybe find an excuse to get in a shootout with the gang.

I don't understand why Archie feels he has to prove all of Hiram's wrongdoings before he kills him. It's not like "not guilty because the victim did crimes" is a slam dunk legal defense against homicide. You want to kill Hiram, Archie, so just kill him!

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

rapeface posted:

Also, I'm disappointed that we're getting more Serpent stuff, rather than less. Pretty bored of Serpent drama, though we did get Cheryl in her own unique red jacket.

Agreed. The glorification of the serpents and the obsession with making Jughead a martyr is ruining the fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Penny and the Ghoulies really really suck at killing.
He was out of the hospital within hours and didn't even have any broken limbs!

Honestly, this finale was kinda lame. The previous episode was way cooler.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Apparently Jughead wasn’t breathing when they left him. Then one night in the gloomy, moodily lit hospital later, he’s out and fine.

It was kind of a disappointing finale. Even gathering all the villains together was kind of lame and obvious. Cheryl makes a cool serpent though. I need a red leather jacket.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

SEX BURRITO posted:

Apparently Jughead wasn’t breathing when they left him. Then one night in the gloomy, moodily lit hospital later, he’s out and fine.

Not breathing according to a bunch of short-sighted drugged up greasers and the pissed off lawyer who isn’t used to jump-ins? I buy it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Ah I was wrong, Archie will be in Lodge's prison next season.

If they were going to skip the big brawl they might as well have had Jughead in a coma for weeks, maybe even kept him in a wheelchair while he relearns how to walk in season 3. They really dropped the ball in the final episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I never expected Jughead to actually die, but I figured he would be out of commission for a while, leading into next season w/ him still in bad shape. Is he literally just fine again in the finale? lol

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Season 2 is now on Netflix.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Season 2 was always on Netflix!!!

if you're canadian b/c it is released weekly there along w/ a ton of other CW stuff

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Must be nice, the CW app bloooooows

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Must be nice, the CW app bloooooows

This is truth. We have AirPlayed our CW shows to our third gen Apple TV forever and this year with one of the various updates it has turned to trash.

Gave up this week and just bought the new Apple TV 4K and can say it is now very slick and very nice :discourse:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I don't have any cable logins or proxies or anything, just adblock, and watching new episodes on the CW site was just fine.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Propaganda Machine posted:

I don't have any cable logins or proxies or anything, just adblock, and watching new episodes on the CW site was just fine.

The CW detects my ad-blockers and won't let me watch unless I watch the commercials. I have a bad ad-blocker.

Edit: the beginning of the next season should be Jughead waking up from his medically induced coma six weeks later, the last episode having been a fever dream

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 28, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Betty giving me the Silence of the Lambs/Labyrinth crossover I didn't know I needed

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
DON'T FORGET MY BROTHEL HIRAM

I NEED DIIIIICCCCCKKKK

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Just finished season 2 and wow that was great. I agree with the general sentiment that Cheryl is the best character and I think it's because she seems to be the most self-aware of just how crazy Riverdale is and she embraces that.

Why are so many adults so chill with their kids drinking so much though? It seems like Veronica always has some sort of drink at home. If my parents had found out I had even a single drink in high school, I woulda been grounded for forever. Actually, Fred Andrews is the only rational adult of all the parents when I think about it.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
My cousins grew up with wine at the dinner table, and I think it's fairly common outside of the US. The Lodges aren't explicitly foreign (and what a weird name for a Latin family), but they do speak Spanish at home. It adds to the spoiled brat feeling anyway.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

For Veronica it's v much that whole 'rich new york kid who drinks all the time b/c the parents don't give a gently caress/it's totally normal for them' thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was getting blitzed with my friends in high school 20 years ago and my parents just made sure none of them had to drive home.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Idiot teens are gonna get drunk, and the parents can either try to stop them and have them do it behind their back or make sure they are safe and responsible.

Also the parents in this show are, at best, cuckoopants.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My mom bought cheap beer that we were only allowed drink as long as it was in the house. We could even share it with friends who came over.

It didn't keep me out of trouble mind you, but it probably kept me out of even more.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rosalind posted:

Actually, Fred Andrews is the only rational adult of all the parents when I think about it.

Yeah, Fred Andrews who regularly lets his son take girlfriend up to his room to have underage sex. Totally responsible.

Honestly, you have to pretty much willfully forget that the main cast of this show is supposed to consist of 15-16 year olds for it to not be basically horrific.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They're gonna gently caress anyway. Might as well be at home.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Age of consent is like 16 in Michigan as long as both parties are teenagers so I assume it's excepted whether it still feels weird or not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Age of consent is like 16 in Michigan as long as both parties are teenagers so I assume it's excepted whether it still feels weird or not.

There was a mildly high profile case here in NE Indiana where a dude got nailed to the wall when he turned 18 and continued his relationship with his 16 year old girlfriend. I guess her parents went full on nuclear. Dude got marked as a sex offender and it's nearly impossible to get off those registries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
We're all goons here so no need to call people out or feel ashamed, but it is in fact normal to have sex in high school.

• Locked thread