Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
settle down beavis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

settle down beavis

A guy from the forums comes to visit. He is incredibly boring. My wife and I appease him while we distance ourselves from him.

Fast forward two years, he's sitting here telling me how i should run my life.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I actually offered Captain Foo to stay at my house to save money while he visited and hang out.

My wife read some of his posts here and said he wasn't welcome. lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:yikes:

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
government shutdown and now voting thread 5

no rules :hchatter:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

SmokaDustbowl posted:

my great grandfather got blown out of his shoes during the halifax explosion lol

Opening a brothel called the Halifax Explosion

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I see tori is back into his “destroy every single relationship he has” kick

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

i believe the phrase you’re after is “back on their bullshit”

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lolling irl that that insane orange potato's 1 year anniversary in the oval office is marked by a govt shutdown with his party in charge of congress

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ciaphas posted:

lolling irl that that insane orange potato's 1 year anniversary in the oval office is marked by a govt shutdown with his party in charge of congress

first time in history

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

graph posted:

first time in history

so much winning

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
the failing nytimes reported that it was Dems fault lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol chuck schumer put border wall funding on the table and general kelly went over trump’s head to call him and tell him to get outta here charles i’m the juggernaut bitch

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Stereotype posted:

the failing nytimes reported that it was Dems fault lol

if anyone still reads nyt reminder theyve published 3 (or 4?) pro-nazi pieces in the past year

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the failing nyt thread in cspam is great

Main Paineframe posted:

i looked at the trump supporters letters the Times printed today, and surprise, they're all overly wordy propaganda from wealthy bankers and business owners who very clearly wanted to try to sound extra smart for their favorite newspaper

almost all the letters were sent from cities or very wealthy suburbs. 10 of the 15 letters came from New York or New England. of the five remaining letters, two came from California, two came from major urban areas, and one came from a small rural Iowa community

my favorite letter is the one from Dane Davis, who tells a very personal-sounding story about his working-class upbringing and how Trump is the best for his fellow poverty-stricken workers, except that he gives enough personal details that it took about five seconds to discover he's a highly-connected investment banker who interned at the GOP and conservative thinktanks while attending a prestigious high-class university in London

lmao

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

For what it's worth, my wife didn't like you and didn't want you near my house and your lovely and stupid offering of a book about grilling was sad.

i, too, consider gifts from guests as "offerings" :rolleyes:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
one of the classic indicators which confirms that someone you know is an alcoholic is when they flip out at any criticism of their drinking

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
i hope kate's doing ok :(

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

one of the classic indicators which confirms that someone you know is an alcoholic is when they flip out at any criticism of their drinking

Could just mean they're getting over an insecurity from being raised by alcoholics?

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
oh tori no, please be ok :(

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
cjs: everyone seek therapy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I actually offered Captain Foo to stay at my house to save money while he visited and hang out.

My wife read some of his posts here and said he wasn't welcome. lol

lmfao.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

http://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/texas-judge-interrupts-jury-says-god-told-him-defendant-not-guilty/ZRdGbT7xPu7lc6kMMPeWKL/ lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

cool story to wake up to. thanks for reminding me of the lovely country i live in, op. i actually hadn’t pondered that yet today.

:waycool:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/AlexErnst/status/822533986408923137

:twisted:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ciaphas posted:

thanks for that, yeah. finally figured out how to get dnsmasq running on my router and figured out a couple important things

1) don't call it .local because apparently that one's a magic tld
2) make dead sure it can't talk to the outside world
c) in router dhcp settings make sure dhcp assignment sets client dns to itself and move quad eights to alternate (i missed this part for a while)

Suffix everything with .contoso, hth.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Giving a two hour job talk this afternoon. just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Schadenboner posted:

Suffix everything with .contoso, hth.

funny way to spell yoyodyne

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I read your posts

they weren’t very good

neg’d

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the forums are scripted, and this is the finale prior to closing them on january 31st

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
went to the shelter to get one dog, ended up with two.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 20, 2018

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i'm the feet

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
get a load of those dogs

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i think you got cheated at the shelter, the first one is clearly a bear

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Puffdog

quote:

Scruffdog.
:3:^2

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
they're good dogs. quinton (the chow / maybe shiba inu mix) is very, very shy but super easy to deal with, he just needs to learn to poop. he wont go up and down the steps so we have to carry him but that's acceptable, he lets us do it.

bonnie is just a good girl who clearly wants to please. she's already super attached to us after one night. hopefully she's not a whiner when we're gone but i think she will be. quinton doesnt give a gently caress about us but that's how i like my dogs anyhow.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 20, 2018

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

they're good dogs. quinton (the chow / maybe shiba inu mix) is very, very shy but super easy to deal with, he just needs to learn to poop. he wont go up and down the steps so we have to carry him but that's acceptable, he lets us do it.

bonnie is just a good girl who clearly wants to please. she's already super attached to us after one night. quinton doesnt give a gently caress about us but that's how i like my dogs anyhow.

Do the steps have backs? What does his fur feel like when you pick him up? Does he wiggle?

Aloof quintdog.

Bonnie snuggleplease pup.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ciaphas posted:

uhh so, glad to hear you guys furlough-proofed yourselves a bit, then

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

WrenP-Complete posted:

Do the steps have backs? What does his fur feel like when you pick him up? Does he wiggle?

Aloof quintdog.

Bonnie snuggleplease pup.

yeah they have backs. he doesn't wriggle much (just grunts because i havent figured out the best way to carry him yet) but he does evade capture and kinda slink away when it's step time. he's a 'project dog'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Are you starting with crate training?

Any food aggression issues?