Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Game ruled, fun atmosphere. Everyone dominated to various extents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Real exited for Kate Martin to get minutes, I feel like now that everyone has been reminded of what a team that earned a top draft pick actually looks like a lot of new Fever fans are gonna switch to Aces fans by the end of the season if their bench remains this Corn Fed

Also pancake update:

https://x.com/gustafsonmeg10/status/1790837217033900256?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

*shaun redwell voice* LETS GO SKY

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
This game rules

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

drat this is a game

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lol at that last quarter the wings collapsed

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

Real exited for Kate Martin to get minutes, I feel like now that everyone has been reminded of what a team that earned a top draft pick actually looks like a lot of new Fever fans are gonna switch to Aces fans by the end of the season if their bench remains this Corn Fed

I definitely have added Vegas games to my YouTubeTV Library in addition to Indiana. They are so impressive to watch.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

DC Murderverse posted:

https://twitter.com/vegas/status/1791595623520878983?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

Chicago is too busy trying to build a dumb new stadium for the bears so they just gave all the players $200 gift certificates to Lou Malnatis and a jar of giardiniera

This is now getting the Aces investigated by the League as a possible salary cap workaround, since unlike most sponsorship deals it's specifically tied to the athletes staying with this franchise. It's also a government-created agency using money from tourism taxes, which has had a long leash for many years on blowing that tax money on extravagant and sometimes frivolous ways in the name of raising the city's profile. It's drat near a government subsidy.

It's fair to say women athletes should be paid more, but shady government sponsorships aren't the way to do it. Steve Hill (dude in the video who leads the commission) is also Mr Stadium Tax Subsidy for the Raiders and A's, and he clearly doesn't give a poo poo about voters who think spending government money on pro sports is dumb when your schools are last in the nation.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 19, 2024

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Battle of teams looking for their first win. Jewell Loyd is 7 for 40 to start the season, not a great line for last years League Leading Scorer. The Storm go how she goes.
Mystic have the 2nd lowest team PTS/G so far, Storm have the 2nd worst Opp PTS/G. I'm guessing the Mystic will take advantage of that to get out of the gutter.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Athanatos posted:

Battle of teams looking for their first win. Jewell Loyd is 7 for 40 to start the season, not a great line for last years League Leading Scorer. The Storm go how she goes.
Mystic have the 2nd lowest team PTS/G so far, Storm have the 2nd worst Opp PTS/G. I'm guessing the Mystic will take advantage of that to get out of the gutter.

Jewel achieved truly historic chucking levels last year, leading the league in scoring while shooting 37%. But topping that? No one said it could be done!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Jumping in this season completely blind. Early favorites are Betnijah Laney and Angel Reese.

Great 4th by Chicago last night. I'd like to see them swarm the paint more on defensive shots though

Arms_Akimbo fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 20, 2024

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
How can you not love this image?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

-It's cliché to say "Just look better and it will be like a win" for the Fever, but it's drat true. The Sun are a good loving team, have a better showing than 5 days ago, and things wont be as loud.
-Aliyah Boston and Nalyssa Smith have got to be better. Defenses are playing Clark straight up, no help off her. That should be freeing up the paint so much AND you've seen Clark make the passes that need to be made. They should be thriving in the post. The matchups have been awful to start the season, sure, but those 2 are better than what they have shown.

-Storm are on the 2nd game of a back-to-back and it's their 3rd game in 4 days. Schedule maker hates them.
-Betnijah Laney-Hamilton vs Jewell Loyd is the "what to watch for" tonight. It's a hell of a job defending, as DeimosRising put it "historic chucking levels," but Laney-Hamilton is the one who can do it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

How can you not love this image?

The only way this would be cooler is if Pancake was in it.

All Aces pictures must include Pancake.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

the second of the three consecutive Ls in Jewell Loyds' name being in the wrong word fucks me up

what the gently caress is wrong with her parents

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Athanatos posted:

-It's cliché to say "Just look better and it will be like a win" for the Fever, but it's drat true. The Sun are a good loving team, have a better showing than 5 days ago, and things wont be as loud.
-Aliyah Boston and Nalyssa Smith have got to be better. Defenses are playing Clark straight up, no help off her. That should be freeing up the paint so much AND you've seen Clark make the passes that need to be made. They should be thriving in the post. The matchups have been awful to start the season, sure, but those 2 are better than what they have shown.

-Storm are on the 2nd game of a back-to-back and it's their 3rd game in 4 days. Schedule maker hates them.
-Betnijah Laney-Hamilton vs Jewell Loyd is the "what to watch for" tonight. It's a hell of a job defending, as DeimosRising put it "historic chucking levels," but Laney-Hamilton is the one who can do it.

Yeah, I have been real disapointed in Boston, so far. :(

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Relieved to see Mitchell starting alongside Clark. Come on, Boston and Smith! Pull your poo poo together!

Also, jesus christ, what a horrendous start to the game lol

edit: the degree to which the refs absolutely despise the Fever is hilarious, like we need any help losing

surf rock fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 21, 2024

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Boston has looked like she doesn't know what a basketball is or what to do with it

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
If someone had told me before the season that Boston was at risk of falling out of the league based on her rookie season, her performance to start this season would've had me thinking "oh no, it's gotten worse"

edit: Fagbenle's missed layup in the home opener haunts my nightmares but generally she plays with about 20% more energy than most of the Fever

second edit: Boston's shooting form is torturous

surf rock fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 21, 2024

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well that loving sucks.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Ow gently caress. I've done that exact same thing with my foot that Clark did there. Hope she's okay.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Jonquel Jones plays the kind of basketball I'm here for

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Uh-oh.

It's kind of hosed up that the college season dead-ends directly into the WNBA season. I wonder what the injury rate is for WNBA rookies. Also, four games in the first six days of the season is brutal.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
This game is so good...besides the ankle turn heard around the world.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Carrington kinda rules. I dig it.

And as I post that she gives up a four point play. Womp womp.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Paying2Lurk posted:

Carrington kinda rules. I dig it.

She's vicious. I hate her but she would be my favorite player if she were on my team lol

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Let's loving go!

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Fun half!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Exciting to have a lead! Let's see if we can finish it! Mitchell getting back into form has been big.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

surf rock posted:

If someone had told me before the season that Boston was at risk of falling out of the league based on her rookie season, her performance to start this season would've had me thinking "oh no, it's gotten worse"

The defenses are not letting her set up and she doesn't know how to counter it just yet. i think she'll adjust and get back to her self

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

aBagorn posted:

The defenses are not letting her set up and she doesn't know how to counter it just yet. i think she'll adjust and get back to her self

I hope you're right. To me, it just looks like she's playing with zero confidence.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

surf rock posted:

I hope you're right. To me, it just looks like she's playing with zero confidence.

well this becomes a feedback loop. they're taking away her bread and butter, and she gets frustrated etc.

she's also getting no calls right now and that seems like it's really throwing her off mentally

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

If there's one little thing about the Fever that is driving me absolutely insane, it's our failure to take shots as time expires each quarter. At least we haven't had the shot-clock violations this game, but JUST TAKE A SHOT, ANY SHOT, WHO GIVES A poo poo

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Yeah seems like Clark was trying to be a little too unselfish there. Just take the logo three with 5 seconds left in the quarter.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

There she is

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Literally screamed at that 3 goddamn it's just so exciting to watch

edit: holy gently caress, Boston got a rebound AND a putback

surf rock fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 21, 2024

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Libs team defense has been on point so far. Not a good shooting game tonight, but they're suffocating Seattle's offense

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

marioinblack posted:

Jonquel Jones plays the kind of basketball I'm here for

Yeah, she's extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Fever are in a close game for the first time this season!