Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Rockies just seem like they’re there to be bullied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So Seabold just has to wear this I guess

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Eddie!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
W

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Seabold looking like a 1980s John Cleese character

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Sunny Orlando

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

He's already dead

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
someone scrape this guy off the mound

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

...! posted:

Their union is extremely powerful and refuses to do anything about bad umps, they tell the league they'll just have to deal with it.

I'm normally pro-union and I like the players' union. But the umpire union just seems corrupt as poo poo

and now automatic balls and strikes seem like an inevitability. They’ve basically run themselves out of the core function of their job in order to protect the senior guys

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Hey kid you're pitching like dogshit, please try to get Ronald Acuña out

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I think it's most impressive the Cubs won a one run game

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I did catch a few innings of the first two games of this series but I could not have told you Moustakas was on the Rockies if my life was at stake

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Phillies getting owned by a guy with a 6 ERA

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

AndrewP posted:

and now automatic balls and strikes seem like an inevitability. They’ve basically run themselves out of the core function of their job in order to protect the senior guys

The umpires are super pissed about the robo-umps; the main reason it's taking so long is because the union was able to stall it. They'll likely find a way to greatly water it down when it's finally here.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Arcia needs a triple for the cycle

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i'll never get why schneider continues insisting on putting out garcia in high leverage situations. he loving stinks

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

...! posted:

The umpires are super pissed about the robo-umps; the main reason it's taking so long is because the union was able to stall it. They'll likely find a way to greatly water it down when it's finally here.

I mean I have some sympathy for the ump union, part of their job is to defend every last one of their members to the hilt because the second a union signals to the employer that it is willing to divide its members and throw some of them under the bus, the employer will exploit that as much as possible. At the same time though, so much of the union's most senior members are checked out and dogshit at their job, but stubbornly refuse to retire or put in an effort to improve their game calling. I'm sure it's extremely frustrating to the rank and file that the umpires are now on the cusp of losing their most iconic and impactful contribution to the game largely because there's a few useless assholes at the top.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

:siren: position player pitching for Colorado :siren:

that was actually a half decent inning

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 17, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

AndrewP posted:

They should keep the umps calling balls and strikes, and give each team exactly two (2) "fixes" per game where they can correct a wrong call.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

...! posted:

Montero got his new contract and immediately stopped giving a poo poo

I'm extremely tired of him making GBS threads the bed every single time he plays

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

schneider you loving idiot

...!
Oct 5, 2003

mdemone posted:

They should keep the umps calling balls and strikes, and give each team exactly two (2) "fixes" per game where they can correct a wrong call.

gently caress that noise. There are so many egregiously bad calls in literally every drat game that the umpires can't be trusted with that responsibility anymore.

All calls should be done by the system. Challenges would be a waste of time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
All that for nothing, sheesh

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
were I an A's fan of 35 years, that bottom of the 9th would have been very upsetting. glad that's not me, I'm riding the high of a 5 game win streak from the Wrigleyville boys on their march to the WS

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Royals' rookie Samad Taylor: first MLB hit is a walkoff double

I love this poo poo :allears:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol break out the tungsten arm tweet

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Sydin posted:

lol break out the tungsten arm tweet

no need any more

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1670212460081471488

...!
Oct 5, 2003

God, the Astros need to make a serious effort to trade for Ohtani at the deadline. He would solve so many of our drat problems.

Come to Houston, Ohtani. :getin:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Six run lead against KC, time to bring in a rookie to make his ML debut I guess? Gotta do it some time but the kid took a beating and then we couldn't get it back under control

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Beat L.A. Again

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

...! posted:

gently caress that noise. There are so many egregiously bad calls in literally every drat game that the umpires can't be trusted with that responsibility anymore.

All calls should be done by the system. Challenges would be a waste of time.

yeah nah, they had their chance to improve. apologies to Pat Hoberg, if we had a whole league full of guys as good as him this probably wouldn't be an issue. (and we could, which is the maddening part)

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
What a game from Snell today.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Miller looks like a beast.

Fuckin dodgers.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Miller looks like a beast.