Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm currently mirroring everything to Dailymotion, and I will hopefully have it all done by the end of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Everything is up on Dailymotion! Finally, I can give you the secret episode! Go gently caress yourself, YouTube!

The Secret Episode starts out just like the secret movie in vanilla Birth By Sleep, but then...

Why is this Wayfinder shining? Find out in the Final Mix exclusive SECRET EPISODE!

SECRET EPISODE Dailymotion (w/ Full Commentary)

That's it! I've finished all the main story related stuff! The only things left are the optional bosses! Hooray!

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

I guess the implication was Aqua was going to visit the worlds that were swallowed by darkness during KH1? And yeah, they should make Aqua the darkness-hellscape survivalist the game. You don't need half as good a concept to make a KH spin-off after all.

e: Honestly I am kind of bummed people at Square don't know what character development is. You can't call yourself a writer and not think she needs an eyepatch and PTSD at this point.

BioMe fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 30, 2013

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Congrats on finally finishing all the main stuff. I'm sure you're all jaded and cynical now that you're done with the plot. No wait, this is KH, you already were.
Hope dumb video issues don't persist in the future.

The Secret Episode is...kind of a waste. They could have made the platforming sections a bit better and the enemies not be glass canons. Also, how can you make an area full of pure blood Heartless and forgot the best one of them all, the Invisibles? Seriously, those guys should be in more games. Not the 358/2 ones though.
At least the boss fight is pretty cool, especially the music (I think it's called Hunter in the Dark, and it makes a pseudo-comeback in DDD), and they tried an interesting gimmick with it. No one knows what it is so the common name for it seems to be Red Eyes, which is fitting I guess.
I'm not sure why they didn't go with BBS2. Maybe they didn't feel like messing with the Vita, or just decided they didn't have enough content? Wailing on heartless in the darkness/ruined worlds forever doesn't sound like the most exciting premise without actual antagonists.

Good luck doing the bonus bosses, those are definitely a big pain. If worst comes to worst and you can't win you could just sum up the rewards and show some losing runs to show them off.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It looks like a proto-Dark Thorn, to be honest with you. The first time I saw it I thought "oh neat, a nod to KH2".

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012
I like how Coded is so terrible that it can be explained in one cutscene. Congrats on finishing the main stuff i hope 2.5 HD comes out eventually so i can finally play this.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Rhythm Mixer reminds me of The World Ends With You, and for some reason talking to Ansem reminded me strongly of Dark Souls.

I would love to play a game that was basically two sides of things, when the worlds were being swallowed into darkness and you played them both in light as Sora and his posse and in darkness as Aqua and maybe Ansem (or bonus comedy option: Pete).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Because Bobman hasn't posted here to say so, I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he is swamped with grad school apps, so we haven't recorded anything new :( We are both alive though and last we spoke he still was planning on finishing this. I know it's a breach of "LP etiquette" to some but I just wanted to let you know on his behalf.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Because Bobman hasn't posted here to say so, I talked to him a couple weeks ago and he is swamped with grad school apps, so we haven't recorded anything new :( We are both alive though and last we spoke he still was planning on finishing this. I know it's a breach of "LP etiquette" to some but I just wanted to let you know on his behalf.

Well we'll just have to wait, nothing else to it.

Also the secret boss might actually be Lucifer's Heartless, that cat's not a nice fellow exactly so it would not be surprising if it actually was his heartless, also I base this on the last scene where she is in Dark-Cinderellaville, hence his heartless.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

C-Euro posted:

RL always comes first.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My last grad application is due is a few days and the first thing I'm gonna do after submitting it is record the first optional boss.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Two things:

1) I recorded the first optional boss!!!

2) Do you want to see a Terra death reel? Because it took me two hours to beat him with Terra and I died literally dozens of times, and have a ton of death footage.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Two things:

1) I recorded the first optional boss!!!

2) Do you want to see a Terra death reel? Because it took me two hours to beat him with Terra and I died literally dozens of times, and have a ton of death footage.

It's hilarious that you fought the optional bosses as Terra because you never fight the optional bosses as Terra, as your death reel should make obvious. He's just not suited for those fights.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Set it to the Benny Hill theme and you may be onto something.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'd actually ask you to commentate over the death reel, making notes of attacks and what you did wrong etc. - sort of a guide.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Set it to the Benny Hill theme and you may be onto something.

This, but set it to something incongruous like a nice cover of "When You Wish Upon a Star" or "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes".

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Or even better, one of the newer pop-y DIsney songs, like Let it Go or I See the Light.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Are you guys TOTALLY loving PUMPED FOR THE FIRST OPTIONAL BOSS? I KNOW I AM!!!

That thing should give you a little hint as to who the boss is

Bonus Boss the first YouTube Dailymotion

The next one will be coming… at some point. And I can't promise I will beat him with all three characters, but I will at least try. As you'll see in this video, Terra loving SUCKS at everything and makes the bosses way harder than they need to be.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh... you aren't going to do the Mirage Arena bonuses?

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
I remember doing the other optional boss in the regular BBS with Terra and actually managing to eke out a victory.

It was entirely bullshit and I consider what I did borderline cheating (and was level 90+ by the time I pulled it off using a trick with my PSP and EXP Walker), but I don't feel bad about it at all. :colbert:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Gologle posted:

Oh... you aren't going to do the Mirage Arena bonuses?

I am. Where did you get that impression?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm kind of amazed how terrible Terra is at fighting Vanitas.

That's a pretty bumpin' shot lock he has, though, and I hope you can get to show it off against some of the other secret bosses.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm not dead.

I recorded the next optional boss. However, I only fought him as Aqua because gently caress trying to fight him as Terra or Ven. That is all. I can make a reel of me dying repeatedly to him as Terra if you want but it won't be pretty.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I'm not dead.

I recorded the next optional boss. However, I only fought him as Aqua because gently caress trying to fight him as Terra or Ven. That is all. I can make a reel of me dying repeatedly to him as Terra if you want but it won't be pretty.

... Huh I had heard ven was good against the extra bosses.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

cokerpilot posted:

... Huh I had heard ven was good against the extra bosses.

He might be. Against this particular boss I would probably use the same strategy with him as I did with Aqua so it would be pointless. Terra can gently caress off though.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Okay guys, sorry about the delay. In today's update, we fight this guy:

Who is this guy? :iiam:

Bonus Boss the Second Youtube Dailymotion

Next time, the third boss! As I said at the end of this video, he has unique attacks depending on who you fight him as, so I will be showing those all off! Don't miss it!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
This guy's got the best music.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Is anything unlocked by beating Mysterious Whocares with every character?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Hmm...A hooded figure wielding laser swords, named something along the lines of 'unknown', and only added in an update of the original game?

...Naaaaw, there's no way there's a connection.

There totally is. :ssh:

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So the way I dealt with this guy using Terra was basically abusing Zack's D-Link. Zack's max D-Link finisher can sometimes (not always!) target the MF even through his invisibility. So I stacked Curagas, the item that restores D-Link Gauge, and just blocked until I had the finisher and used that over and over again. It still took a few tries but it wasn't impossible using that. Obviously, you want to max strength as much as possible for that.

Edit: Basically, gently caress using skill with Terra against this guy. Cheese it if you're gonna.

Prythian fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 24, 2014

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Squallege posted:

This guy's got the best music.

Thanks for reminding me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPqJwmCuVss

So good

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
So how many deaths? And what was the time it took to beat him compared to the time of that one successful fight?

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Dark Impetus is a fantastic song, probably my favorite boss music in the entire series. The violin solo, man. The violin solo.

(DDD) Dark Impetus, or rather a variation on it and its motifs, returns in 3D as L'Impeto Oscuro, which is Italian for...dark impetus. Guess who the boss is in that fight? (I can remove this if it's not the right place.)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I had never fought this guy and I'm kind of glad I didn't because holy crap that just looks obscene.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

I had never fought this guy and I'm kind of glad I didn't because holy crap that just looks obscene.

I was starting to feel that way after my first few tries until I finally managed to land a hit or two only to have him reverse time and take even that away from me.

Maybe it was just a ridiculously programmed video game boss but it had to die.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

melodicwaffle posted:

Dark Impetus is a fantastic song, probably my favorite boss music in the entire series. The violin solo, man. The violin solo.

Sweeping solo violins give Yoko Shimomura sustenance the same way lesser beings live on food and water, didn't you know?

QuietMisdreavus
May 12, 2013

I'm fine. Nothing to worry about.
This is the kind of optional boss I immediately "nope" out of. I would have smashed my PSP within minutes.

But the music is kind of cool, so there's that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This is a boss who becomes easier the more times you've beaten him. As in, this is the third playthrough I've beaten him on and it wasn't super hard since I basically had it down to muscle memory. I have heard that if you use mines it causes him to jump over them, which makes him vulnerable. I guess that's the only way to win as Terra or something.

But gently caress Vanitas Remnant, he is still lovely no matter how many times you fight him. Beating him with Terra requires a lot of luck.

If you guys thought Mysterious Figure was bad, you're gonna love the final ultimate secret boss :shepicide: No spoilers, but there's a phase you have to get through before you even fight him that can be awful and I've only figured out how to beat it using one of Aqua's unique commands. And even then, you can still die before you get to the boss. I'm not going to lie, I might just boot up the backup of my old saves where Aqua is like lv 65 or 75 in order to beat him, because massive level grinding was the only way I could do significant damage to him.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I have to say, I'm really not all that fond of how Kingdom Hearts has most of its secret bosses reduce you to 1 HP with every attack. It turns what could have been fun fights into tedious slogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I remember the secret bosses in Kingdom Hearts 1 being actually pretty fun. Other than Sephiroth. I never really liked that fight.

Also the guy from Dream Drop Distance wishes he could knock you to 1 with every attack. :v:

• Locked thread