Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Sormus posted:

Crustaceans – bugs of the sea

Sort of; Arthropods (things with Exoskeletons basically, also arguably the most successful Phylum of life with over 80% of known species being Arthropods) are divided into five groups; Trilobites, Chelicerata (Horseshoe Crabs), Myriapoda (Millipedes, Centipedes etc), Hexapoda (Insects and some others) and Crustaceans. Arachnids are a subset of Chelicerata and are quite closely related to Horseshoe Crabs as a result.

Insects on the other hand are very closely related to Crustaceans; they split quite recently in evolutionary terms. However 'Crustaceans' technically existed first, so it's more accurate to say that bugs are Crustaceans of the land :eng101:

And that's why Arachnids and Insects taste similar to Crab :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Your avatar makes that post, just saying.
Also, taste matters little. All will feed the farmer.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Edit: Irrelevant post

Anonymous Zebra fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 11, 2015

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I was secretly hoping you would rant about 6.84 in this video.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Spudd posted:

This mostly happens before and after the actual recording much to Olesh's chagrin.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Spudd posted:

I would have been fine hearing about it. It doesn't seem any different from the prior patch down in newbieville.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Update time:

Episode 16 - Youtube

Finishing up the crystal mines and coming into the end game now. Who knows how much is left! Not me!

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Crawl also used to have the same thing with potions giving tiny bits of nutrition but that was taken out way before porridge.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

Agent355 posted:

Update time:

Episode 16 - Youtube

Finishing up the crystal mines and coming into the end game now. Who knows how much is left! Not me!

conglaturation on the endgame area, donut forget to pyramid
regards,

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 7, 2015

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Boy I sure am dense and do not know how to play video games. I hope somebody comes into the thread and enlightens me.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 7, 2015

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I am deeply disappointed you didn't talk about Broodmother this episode.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Mordor talk I think if you do all the weapon quests it changes the appearance of the weapons. That's all I remember it doing.

Bacchante
May 2, 2012

Friends don't let friends do sarcasm.
Olesh, you're meant to pronounce the 'g' at the end of Bundaberg.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Update - Episode 17 - Youtube

Brought to you be viewers like you.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Welp, game is over. Nice LP. I'll miss it, but its time to move onto other things, I guess.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Slaan posted:

Welp, game is over. Nice LP. I'll miss it, but its time to move onto other things, I guess.

Agreed, it's been a hell of a ride, but it's over now, everyone can go home, safe in the knowledge that Agent355's 100% run of Grimrock II shall soon be archived. Well played, sir, well played!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
I can see you got the Good Ending, Agent.

Good, because the Island Master deserves his eternity of self-imposed imprisonment if the next boss fight is anything to go by. That cheating, scum-sucking, smug drat, grumble mumble bah hrmph.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
IN MY DEFENSE
In my defense
You did at some point early on say you were only playing a little ahead.
(And I forgot that the island master drops a gem of power to tip you off)

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

The first three posts after the update, and the update itself posted:

The LP's over!

Pictured: The stalest joke the LP subforum has to offer. :v:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

ZeusCannon posted:

Mordor talk I think if you do all the weapon quests it changes the appearance of the weapons. That's all I remember it doing.

I'm not even sure of that. I know most of the collection quests just give

500 silver.

REALLY MORDOR. REALLY.

FishOnAPiano
Oct 9, 2012
Oh man I love chatty enemies, especially when they react to what you do (and don't repeat themselves stupidly). That was a pretty good final boss fight, though I imagine if you chumped him like you said you did the first time it'd be a lot less impressive.

fadderman
Feb 3, 2008
dyslectic lurker
Since your are talking so much about roguelike and IVAN in this Lp, perhaps you would like know that there is a new Roguelike LP Megathread and someone is doing runs in IVAN :)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Veloxyll posted:

I'm not even sure of that. I know most of the collection quests just give

500 silver.

REALLY MORDOR. REALLY.

Yeah I went and checked they get new skins to show they have been reforged and might get a stat increase as well. I know for sure the dagger gets a new skin/model because it changes from the broken sword (which I think was his sons) to a elvish looking dagger.

Grimrock seems like a game that should come with a dungeon creator, it feels like its grid design would let people create fairly complex dungeons without them seeming janky and it would allow for more replayability. Not that the game isn't amazing already I just had that thought while watching.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 16:33 on May 17, 2015

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

ZeusCannon posted:

Grimrock seems like a game that should come with a dungeon creator, it feels like its grid design would let people create fairly complex dungeons without them seeming janky and it would allow for more replayability. Not that the game isn't amazing already I just had that thought while watching.

Both of them did, actually. There just aren't a lot of custom maps/dungeons for either one.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I even did some bonus episodes of some of the fan made dungeons in the first LP. Not sure if I'll do the same thing here or not but it's a possibility.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I'd love to see some custom dungeons if you're up for recording them. I've not watched the Grimrock 1 LP in ages, but I remember that the dungeon creator could let you do some really impressively creative stuff

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Daerc posted:

Both of them did, actually. There just aren't a lot of custom maps/dungeons for either one.

That is really cool and really sad. Kinda the worst outcome, yes they had it and no one wanted to do stuff.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It should be noted that 'not alot' doesn't mean nothing. There are still 10s of quality ones out there. It just doesn't have this massive modding force behind it, but then the game isn't exactly a huge main stream financial success either. So it's about what I'd expect.

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was one of the most intense boss fights I've seen in a long time. Doubly impressive coming out of this genre.

Hope the rest of them aren't a letdown.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Chuu posted:

That was one of the most intense boss fights I've seen in a long time. Doubly impressive coming out of this genre.

Hope the rest of them aren't a letdown.

Rest of them? Didn't you see the video? LP's over.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
TBH they missed out, you should have flown off of that rock on giant eagles. One per party member, a flock.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

Update - Episode 17 - Youtube

Brought to you be viewers like you.

This was it. This was the video that made me go and purchase this game on steam just now. Thank you, Agent355 for the wonderful gift of motivation to purchase a good game.

I am really interested in trying out other classes and builds.

Glaive17 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 18, 2015

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
I'm hoping JJ Cow gets another point in Critical -- I really would like to see that Scythe in action. :)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Don't worry, there should be at least one more level for each character.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Curious if you could force another round of even more powerful creature spawns if you dawdled suicidally after those lava elementals. And those side attack animations really are a great way of pointing out how hosed you are sometimes.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Episode 18 - Youtube

After the super scary boss fight we're right back to not so tough skeletons. The game seems to be pretty all over the place in terms of difficulty, it makes me wonder what the intended zone order is. I would've assumed the pyramid is the most well hidden and thus last zone but at least so far it doesn't have many threats.

But then it's a very large zone and it's the first floor so we'll see what comes our way next.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
With how those mummies shamble about, it gave me the imagery of your band of adventurers murdering their way through the islands retirement community.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
Alright Agent, I'll bite. Who was that Olesh replacement for the video?

Actually curious, because they seemed pretty good and they never introduced themselves, since they were pretending to be Olesh.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Olesh just forgot to enable her pitch shift software this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Glaive17 posted:

Alright Agent, I'll bite. Who was that Olesh replacement for the video?

Actually curious, because they seemed pretty good and they never introduced themselves, since they were pretending to be Olesh.

I legitimately have no idea.

Olesh was just Olesh for our skype call and sounded fine to me, but in the recording he sent me afterward it sounds a whole lot like StrippedFrog his wife. i don't know if it was a voice modulator or if he just got her to repeat all his lines to screw with me!

Have to wait for him to chime in I guess.

• Locked thread