Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
There's been some really, really good racing so far this season; shame the same can't be said of the courses, two serious injuries in the past three races, and now a safety-marble lap due to an obstacle on the track. Someone needs to have a word with the stewards before there's a serious injury, they've been very lucky so far.

Master Twig posted:

Orangin was doing so well in the first couple laps, then he got completely bullied by half the field in the chicane. He fought back a bunch of spots, but they needed a win. I think the Orangers may just need to write off this whole season at this point.

The Ducks have been making my hair turn grey this season - they've made a habit of doing well in the qualifiers, then dropping halfway down the leaderboard and sloooowwwllly hauling themselves back up again. Just one podium finish this time around, that's all I ask :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vADSc5-fikc

Christ I forgot what it feels like to have your team be a part of the conversation again. After such an incredible suck streak I'm more than happy to see the O'rangers take 2nd place. And if they couldn't have first, I'm glad it went to Pole Champion Green Ducks. It's hard to ignore them this year

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

sad race to watch if you are a Team Galactic fan

Takuan
May 6, 2007

spincube posted:

The Ducks have been making my hair turn grey this season - they've made a habit of doing well in the qualifiers, then dropping halfway down the leaderboard and sloooowwwllly hauling themselves back up again. Just one podium finish this time around, that's all I ask :(

Same. I was stressing out during their whole run in the lead. I've seen them be in the top three then fall 7-10 places in a single lap so, so many times.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
New Marble League started today!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ha ha gently caress you orangers

(Also Starry got robbed by Momo. That shoulda been a disqualify)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Another new marbleleague episode today!

Good showing Astron!

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

I heard Astron is cancelled after a nasty affair

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

I won some free Team Galactic merch on Twitter!

But I also learned someone has stolen JMR's gimmick in the Netherlands and is making cash off it

https://www.reddit.com/r/JellesMarbleRuns/comments/l9hspk/how_a_multibillionaire_stole_ideas_from_jelles/

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 4, 2021

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Beer_Suitcase posted:

But I also learned someone has stolen JMR's gimmick in the Netherlands and is making cash off it

https://www.reddit.com/r/JellesMarbleRuns/comments/l9hspk/how_a_multibillionaire_stole_ideas_from_jelles/

I like how they made it worse by making the track walls too high to keep the marbles in view (let alone the excessively separated forks) and the finish line impossible to cross.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Yeah now I'm super into marble racing, Team Galactic even though they always seem to disappoint. I've also been checking out this Loading Kings series, little different in that it isn't all autonomous, but reminds me of this with it's strangely captivating stupidity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzUm_q3wFYs

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Get excited

https://twitter.com/Jellesmarbles/status/1359144227272355842?s=19

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
And we're back, baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMTVmJAUNeY

I think this is probably the coolest host track yet (not the track itself but the aesthetic)

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

drat Pulsar, you qualified but barely

Go Team Galactic

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Ugh, that race was terrible.

I'm a Team Primary fan and my daughter is a Raspberry Racers fan.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
some poor sportsmanship on Razzy's part in GP7 Raceforest today. Sad.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Ugh, that race was terrible.

I'm a Team Primary fan and my daughter is a Raspberry Racers fan.

Try being a Jungle Jumpers fan.

:negative:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUW8-3Prirg

lol what the gently caress is this race

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Gotta love that the marble racing thread has better usage of spoiler tags than most threads I visit :allears:

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm impressed and not too suprised that this thread never died.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

timp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUW8-3Prirg

lol what the gently caress is this race

That was the greatest comeback in marble racing history, right?

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
The restart makes sense, but Cerulean still got robbed :(

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Woooo Starry.

Also mad respect to crazy cat's eye. Dominating M1

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Pulsar apparently was the #1 marble this season... In losing spots.

Please, Galactic, put anyone else in their place next season.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Pulsar C'MON!

UGH it was not fun to watch

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 2, 2021

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
What a completely mediocre season for the O'Rangers. Qualify for every race. No wins. No real competitive spark. No exciting drama. Finish right in the middle of the pack.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Oh my God is this marble racing still hot

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Sjs00 posted:

Oh my God is this marble racing still hot

:hai:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Master Twig posted:

What a completely mediocre season for the O'Rangers. Qualify for every race. No wins. No real competitive spark. No exciting drama. Finish right in the middle of the pack.

They stopped juicing.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Cerulean was robbed.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I'm just sad that Pulsar had such a poo poo seaon and Starry carried the team. Again.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
what if he hehe waht if they made a movie about the margbelks racign and they said it was in the MARBEL COMIC UNIVERSE!!!!!! XD

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Quote-Unquote posted:

They stopped juicing.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

what if he hehe waht if they made a movie about the margbelks racign and they said it was in the MARBEL COMIC UNIVERSE!!!!!! XD

That's pretty funny Nooner.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Excuse me, it's the Marble Cosmic Universe featuring Team Galactic.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Gonna bump this ol' thread for the 2021 Qualifiers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-poiBoqplUk
The League's gonna look different this year the Glaciers, the Rollers, and the Swarm are in the finals for the first time in forever, and a bunch of regulars just didn't make it.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's obviously rigged because they didn't have Starry in the individual events, just :lol:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

But with no Team Galactic who will get 5th place?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Apraxin posted:

Gonna bump this ol' thread for the 2021 Qualifiers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-poiBoqplUk
The League's gonna look different this year the Glaciers, the Rollers, and the Swarm are in the finals for the first time in forever, and a bunch of regulars just didn't make it.

Before anyone gets too excited, the O'rangers and Savage Speeders aren't in this because they have a guaranteed slot. Love them or hate them, it's just not Marble League without them.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Before anyone gets too excited, the O'rangers and Savage Speeders aren't in this because they have a guaranteed slot. Love them or hate them, it's just not Marble League without them.

I'm kind of a little embarrassed by how salty I was getting while patiently waiting for the O'rangers to show up before I finally saw the note in the description. Stupid. Could you imagine the backlash if they got left out? Even those who don't like them love to watch them suffer

btw I liked that first event with the waves, very satisfying to watch.

Okay last thought: that bell contraption that counted down the sand rally was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I'm not sure if I should or shouldn't be surprised there's an SA thread for this.
Laughed pretty hard at the Oceanics not even qualifying. OOOOOOO, losers.