Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Okay so just so we have the claims out there -

Cpig - busdrive Cpig <--->Sandwolf
Hal - Cop sandwolf town result (would have been driven to cpig)
Clo - Jail . Someone? Didn't explicitly state.

Both hal and sand claim to have been jailed or had action failed.

Haha at least we are son the same page

And I did not have my action fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Haha at least we are son the same page

And I did not have my action fail

oh right that was mod error

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm leaning more and more toward sand, but I'd like clo to explicitly verify who she jailed

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I attempted to track Clo, my action failed

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Io sono il TURPS

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out who I jailed this whole time. That post was completely serious, someone try and guess who I jailed.

I had submitted the action to jail CPig. CPig busdrove himself and Sand successfully, so the busdrive resolved before the jail, meaning the jail landed on Sand and Hal's cop landed on CPig. But Hal claimed his cop failed. It would have failed if it hit my jail, but the jail should have been on Sand at the time. So the jail resolved before the busdrive, meaning CPig's busdrive failed, meaning Hal's cop hit Sand. So since my jail was on CPig, Hal's cop should have succeeded. Also there was a nightkill somewhere in this mess of interactions, which also failed, unless scum withheld the kill. And then Hal said that his action didn't actually fail, so now both options are valid again, and also the kill failed/was skipped.

At this point I was kind of hoping Sand would reveal he'd also moved people around, causing an eternal loop of bus drives. Since his action failed, I guess he was jailed? I have no idea at this point.

My best guess right now is that Hal misunderstood/was given the wrong action result in that his card succeeded and his kill failed? There's the play two cards at night boon, that seems like it'd allow scum to do nightkill and card at the same time.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

That’s a great post Cloaca, and let me just follow up by saying, I have no loving idea what happened last night

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out who I jailed this whole time. That post was completely serious, someone try and guess who I jailed.

I had submitted the action to jail CPig. CPig busdrove himself and Sand successfully, so the busdrive resolved before the jail, meaning the jail landed on Sand and Hal's cop landed on CPig. But Hal claimed his cop failed. It would have failed if it hit my jail, but the jail should have been on Sand at the time. So the jail resolved before the busdrive, meaning CPig's busdrive failed, meaning Hal's cop hit Sand. So since my jail was on CPig, Hal's cop should have succeeded. Also there was a nightkill somewhere in this mess of interactions, which also failed, unless scum withheld the kill. And then Hal said that his action didn't actually fail, so now both options are valid again, and also the kill failed/was skipped.

At this point I was kind of hoping Sand would reveal he'd also moved people around, causing an eternal loop of bus drives. Since his action failed, I guess he was jailed? I have no idea at this point.

My best guess right now is that Hal misunderstood/was given the wrong action result in that his card succeeded and his kill failed? There's the play two cards at night boon, that seems like it'd allow scum to do nightkill and card at the same time.

Hal said the mods corrected him and that it was mod error, his action succeeded and he copped me as town.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
That ties everything up neatly as far as what happened.

I busdrove myself and sand

clo jailed me which was redirected to sand

Hal copped sand and it was redirected to me, got town result.

Sand tracked clo, it failed because sand was jailed.

This still kind of leaves things muddled as far as who could be scum, there's still too many variables on who could be lying or not lying.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I think no one is lying. I think scum withheld the kill and did some action to blend in in a situation where killing may have gotten them killed

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
CPig mentioned being BP, did you get a message about your BP being used up? This could answer the question of if there was a nightkill attempt.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Cloacamazing! posted:

CPig mentioned being BP, did you get a message about your BP being used up? This could answer the question of if there was a nightkill attempt.

It's the Cute Fuzzy alien card, i don't know that it would have said one way or the other if it was used.

I didn't draw it so it was used on me and presumably another one of us has it now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I suppose we could ugh actually read how Clo/Hal/(me) reacted to flipped scum

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Sandwolf posted:

I suppose we could ugh actually read how Clo/Hal/(me) reacted to flipped scum

Rule suggestion for next Fluxx Game: Reading is for nerds! You're not allowed to quote any poster or mention the word read in your posts.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Cloacamazing! posted:

With that piece of culture, allow me to say:

:smug: :smuggo: :smugbert: :smugteddie: :smaug:

Also, here's my reaction. I consider it to be town as gently caress.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Night actions is a gently caress. Hal's scum. Let's end this. ##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

Night actions is a gently caress. Hal's scum. Let's end this. ##vote Hal

What? Why?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Like it seems obvious that Clo jailed sand and there was no kill, of course there are less obvious possibilities but why would you seemingly randomly pick me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Seriously Clo, the day we did DB, you and I were the first votes and actually offered reasons DB was scummy. sand avoided talking about DB, voted both of us, then voted DB at the end with no comment

You then jail sand on a night with no kill

Now you vote me??

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
If you're so certain that it's Sand, why didn't you say so before? Beginning of the day it was all about CPig, then me, now Sand. Looks like scum who needs to get rid of any townie to me. And it fits with the night action stuff from my point of view: One action succeeds, one fails, mods accidentally tell you both failed.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
And we know CPig had BP last night, so that's three reasons the nightkill could have failed: Killer was jailed, killer targets Sand, killer targets CPig.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

If you're so certain that it's Sand, why didn't you say so before? Beginning of the day it was all about CPig, then me, now Sand. Looks like scum who needs to get rid of any townie to me. And it fits with the night action stuff from my point of view: One action succeeds, one fails, mods accidentally tell you both failed.

I get this vibe too

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

Umm because I was trying to see who did what and I had conflicting mod information based on thread claims. So it seemed like cpig could have been lying. Then you came and and at first didn't even say you jailed anyone, then made a weird non-committal claim about what you did, then mods told me the correction and then Sandwolf made his claim and you clarified and it all made more sense.

And I have very specifically said I was pretty sure it was sandwolf several times today but that I was willing to do nothing since there is a lot of weirdness around you too, and I can potentially doc someone tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am actually now a little more annoyed at the mod error (still know these things happen) because if I came in at the start of the day and said I copped sandwolf as town I am sure this all would have gone down very differently

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

I am actually now a little more annoyed at the mod error (still know these things happen) because if I came in at the start of the day and said I copped sandwolf as town I am sure this all would have gone down very differently

Not for me! It’d still be between you and Clo for me

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Not for me! It’d still be between you and Clo for me

Well since I think you are most likely scum I would not expect it to.

Clo certainly doing her best to put more questions about that in my mind though

I still think blocked kill is more likely than withheld kill though.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do you now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whatever, I am not going to bother engaging with that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m sorry if this is annoying to you Hal, but like, I’m not gonna be convinced to vote myself and you’re not pushing Clo, so I am struggling here, and it seems like Clo/Pig don’t want to engage

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I don't see much to engage with at the moment.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

Yeah that’s fair. So be it!

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I’m sorry if this is annoying to you Hal, but like, I’m not gonna be convinced to vote myself and you’re not pushing Clo, so I am struggling here, and it seems like Clo/Pig don’t want to engage

Ehhh it is what it is. I really would rather just do nothing today since I have so many doubts now but I would still pick you if push came to shove.

It is just hard to have much to say about someone saying "you did something similar once before in a game under different circumstances, so you probably did it here", which, if you are scum, is a fine tactic.

Clo though deciding that it is more likely that I was able to do two actions and somehow either I or the mods screwed up the difference between them, and that I really did cop sandwolf and kill cpig as scum as opposed to not considering the person she jailed that was the alternate candidate yesterday may have done the kill is weird to me. And also impossible to really engage with.

And framing it as saying "I wanted anyone dead" just seems like someone who isn't really reading what happened today. If you assumed for a minute I COULD be telling the truth than the way I reacted would make a lot of sense.

But I also get that only I know I am town and people get misread all the time, that is just another thing there is no argument against.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cloacamazing! posted:

What about how things went down the day DB got lunched?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

What about how things went down the day DB got lunched?

You were on the DB elim early, but…so was Clo. So that puts me back in the same place.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

You were on the DB elim early, but…so was Clo. So that puts me back in the same place.

That was more intended for Clo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

But in the world where it is Cloaca is scum and you as town, why when she first appeared in the thread and cpig and I were engaging on how I could have been blocked did she not mention that she had jailed someone, and when she did bring it up she didn't specify anything until all the other claims were in. That seems kind of shady!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

That was more intended for Clo

No I know but I’m here so hell, might as well :justpost:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Okay, working under the assumption that Hal is town, the last scum obviously needs to be Sand (from my perspective). CPig has been copped and confirmed town by each of you, so even if one was lying about the action, I doubt that both of you are. If there is somehow a scenario where two townies independently cover for the last remaining scum, it's beyond my comprehension.

Day DB got lunched:

Hal:

Hal Insandenza posted:

This post is kinda pinging me from DB. The actual hammer seemed ok in the moment, this explanation feels a little self-conscious and fake

Hal Insandenza posted:

Au contraire! I just said I thought DBs post today felt very self conscious.

When you first said it though I felt like they were more lurky than scummy. C’est la vie.

I’d be ok with ##vote DB for the moment.

Sand:

Sandwolf posted:

Why is DB scummy for hammering someone you put at -1? Because you didn’t expect it?

Sandwolf posted:

Why is that scummy? Or, rather, why is that more scummy than you putting town again -1?

Sandwolf posted:

##vote DB

I would actually be interested in hearing Sand's reasoning there, because he didn't trust my DB case (or me) at all at the beginning of the day, then proceeded to vote me, Hal and finally DB in quick succession.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
On the next day we have this:

Sandwolf posted:

That list is 100% of the players. I said as much. Because no one was posting and I thought folks seeing their names would encourage people to post more.

See it’s funny I was actually gonna go for Hal or Cloaca today because DB all but gave up and I thought they are both smart enough to get on that bandwagon early. But this case of yours feels very much so like you had a half time pep talk and are coming to try to win.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Actually I may recant this, I just reread ANarc and I’m not feeling scum pings at the moment

Sandwolf posted:

nah I'm content to do ANarc today, hopefully I die in the night, and then you cloaca and CPig can figure it out tomorrow w/ CPig as kingmaker

Hal Insandenza posted:

This doesn’t sound like someone who thinks ANarc will flip scum… hmmm…

Hal Insandenza posted:

I was probably going to vote ANarc anyway, but maybe I want to see some more cards played! I’m here for the cards!!

I think Hal comes off worse on the AN lunch day? That's what I was basing my reads off of mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Cloacamazing! posted:

I would actually be interested in hearing Sand's reasoning there, because he didn't trust my DB case (or me) at all at the beginning of the day, then proceeded to vote me, Hal and finally DB in quick succession.

Honestly I just thought he was lurking and didn’t really see the case, but he never showed up and as time went it was more like a “yeah alright gently caress it” kinda vote.