Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uRizen
Apr 19, 2012

MiniFoo posted:

Where are you in Minnesota, has anybody lined up to buy it yet, and how much are you looking to get for it?

my sister wants to get rid of her stratus

St. Paul, just put it up this week and haven't had anyone call on it yet. Looking for $2,000 until I get sick of looking at it or I get sick of the wife whining about it sitting in the street. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

uRizen posted:

St. Paul, just put it up this week and haven't had anyone call on it yet. Looking for $2,000 until I get sick of looking at it or I get sick of the wife whining about it sitting in the street. ;)

Knowing this, I will have to now pester you into letting me hoon it around for a while. Stuck in st paul for work!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

So I came home with an STi today. '05 with turbo-back exhaust. I think the dealer reflashed the ECU back to stock today before I picked it up, because the CEL came on when I was driving home, and it hadn't been on before. It was driving the same before and after the CEL. I ordered a Cobb AccessPORT today to make things safe, and I will be running the Stage2 Map.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Imperador do Brasil posted:

So I came home with an STi today. '05 with turbo-back exhaust. I think the dealer reflashed the ECU back to stock today before I picked it up, because the CEL came on when I was driving home, and it hadn't been on before. It was driving the same before and after the CEL. I ordered a Cobb AccessPORT today to make things safe, and I will be running the Stage2 Map.

You could get a nice pro-tune for less than the price of an AP, and have much better results.

Very pretty car. Blobeyes unite :hfive:

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

kylej posted:

You could get a nice pro-tune for less than the price of an AP, and have much better results.

You can also get a, "pro tune" and have it nicely stored on the AP, with the best results.

I keep coming back to that body style as my favorite STi.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kylej posted:

Thanks. I will likely use the Cobb Stage2 Map until I can get it properly dyno-tuned, which will probably only happen after an intake upgrade. I don't have plans to track the car in the meanwhile, and I am a very mild driver day-to-day. I am hoping that driving it with the CEL on won't cause issues while I wait for the Cobb to arrive. Thoughts?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thealphabetsez posted:

You can also get a, "pro tune" and have it nicely stored on the AP, with the best results.

Or if you really want to store your files, you could buy a Tactrix and save $400 over an AP. Buy Tactrix, throw a base map on via RomRaider and use the money saved for a dyno session.

Thanks. I will likely use the Cobb Stage2 Map until I can get it properly dyno-tuned, which will probably only happen after an intake upgrade. I don't have plans to track the car in the meanwhile, and I am a very mild driver day-to-day. I am hoping that driving it with the CEL on won't cause issues while I wait for the Cobb to arrive. Thoughts?

Are you catless all the way through? It's probably just an EGT issue. You'll be alright, I just wouldn't rip the car around untuned with a tbe.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I am hoping that driving it with the CEL on won't cause issues while I wait for the Cobb to arrive. Thoughts?

No one can answer that question without knowing exactly what DTCs are illuminating the MIL. You are only assuming it's tune/upgrade related. This is something you can get done at autozone for free, or just pick up a cheap code scanner. Guessing about it is basically fruitless.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kylej posted:

Are you catless all the way through? It's probably just an EGT issue. You'll be alright, I just wouldn't rip the car around untuned with a tbe.

I think it is completely catless, but there is an EGT gauge as well. I refrain from ripping around generally, and will continue to do so 100% until the Cobb arrives. I will stop by Advance or whatever tomorrow after work and get the code scanned. I agree that it's fruitless to guess, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience in this specific issue. Thanks everyone!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Generally the CEL will flash if the ECU detects :siren: REALLY BAD THINGS HAPPENING YOU ARE MELTING YOUR CAT AND BURNING YOUR VALVES AND SPINNING YOUR MUFFLER BEARINGS :siren: but I'm not sure if that's a standardized thing or not. If you go easy on it you'll probably be fine.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

kastein posted:

Generally the CEL will flash if the ECU detects :siren: REALLY BAD THINGS HAPPENING YOU ARE MELTING YOUR CAT AND BURNING YOUR VALVES AND SPINNING YOUR MUFFLER BEARINGS :siren: but I'm not sure if that's a standardized thing or not. If you go easy on it you'll probably be fine.

If the CEL is flashing then yes its a misfire(s), but a soft light is purely emissions. It doesn't sound like the CEL was flashing in his car.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bang Me Please posted:

but a soft light is purely emissions.

1.) No, it isn't. A MIL can be plenty of things other than emissions. This isn't some barely-OBDII MY 1997 vehicle.

2.) Even in an NA an emissions related non-flashing MIL can destroy a cat forthwith.

This is really easy, and he's already figured it out: get the codes read and be sure.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

uRizen posted:

Is it listed somewhere? I'm checking Craigslist, Carsoup, Vehix, eBay... Can't seem to find it. Maybe we should talk about this via email; my address is my SA username at gmail dot com.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MiniFoo posted:

Is it listed somewhere? I'm checking Craigslist, Carsoup, Vehix, eBay... Can't seem to find it. Maybe we should talk about this via email; my address is my SA username at gmail dot com.

Well uhhh, what are you doing with your old one?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

kimbo305 posted:

Well uhhh, what are you doing with your old one?

MiniFoo posted:

my sister wants to get rid of her stratus

Just helping her look for car options :v:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bang Me Please posted:

If the CEL is flashing then yes its a misfire(s), but a soft light is purely emissions. It doesn't sound like the CEL was flashing in his car.

CEL was on solid, cruise control light was flashing (apparently standard procedure with post-2004 Subarus). I will attempt to get it read tonight after work, and I will take it easy until then.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Motronic posted:

1.) No, it isn't. A MIL can be plenty of things other than emissions. This isn't some barely-OBDII MY 1997 vehicle.

2.) Even in an NA an emissions related non-flashing MIL can destroy a cat forthwith.

This is really easy, and he's already figured it out: get the codes read and be sure.

1) Ok then could you at least give some examples instead of acting all smart and withholding good information? You do this a lot and it doesn't help anybody.

2) Yes they can still destroy a cat but if its going to do it quickly then it would almost certainly be a misfire to be a problem that severe.

Imperador - If you want to get your own code reader I suggest the Launch CReader V. Relatively cheap, reads/clears codes, displays PIDs, and shows monitor ready status. Its out of stock on that site but it shouldn't be too hard to find if you look around. Might not help you ASAP but its good to have for future use.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bang Me Please posted:

1) Ok then could you at least give some examples instead of acting all smart and withholding good information? You do this a lot and it doesn't help anybody.

I'm pointing out something very well known. This is information you should already know if you're going to be posting things like that, and something the slightest bit of searching will explain to you.

Here's a start: Just about every P-series code over 0500.

siliciferous
Sep 29, 2003

One cannot fight that which has no basis in reality.

Bang Me Please posted:

Examples? Okay, here are a few hundred: http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Finally got around to washing and taking photos.

:q:

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

Hello Spaceman posted:

It's so pretty! What are those things under the headlights?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Belldandy posted:

It's so pretty! What are those things under the headlights?

Headlight washers.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

meatpimp posted:

Headlight washers.

Jeez, they're enormous. Kinda wish they'd make them a little more streamlined.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Are headlight washers required in Euro-land?

Traumatica
Oct 11, 2007
that voice again...

Octopus Magic posted:

Are headlight washers required in Euro-land?

Yes, in combination with xenon headlights they are.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

CEL was on solid, cruise control light was flashing (apparently standard procedure with post-2004 Subarus). I will attempt to get it read tonight after work, and I will take it easy until then.

follow-up: code was p0420, catalyst efficiency below threshold. Cleared the code, but the Cobb AP will take care of it permanently in the near future (Cobb was about a week behind on orders of the AP).

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

follow-up: code was p0420, catalyst efficiency below threshold.

Beautiful. You can ignore that safely. And now you know for sure you're OK.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Hello Spaceman posted:

Great looking car, in the best colour too. Now all you need are dildo purple wheels and JDM coilovers. The pictures remind me of Southern California.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Motronic posted:

I'm pointing out something very well known. This is information you should already know if you're going to be posting things like that, and something the slightest bit of searching will explain to you.

Here's a start: Just about every P-series code over 0500.

You and siliciferous were right, my bad.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Das Volk posted:

Great looking car, in the best colour too. Now all you need are dildo purple wheels and JDM coilovers. The pictures remind me of Southern California.

Well they are drat near the same distance from the equator.

relish_fetish
Jan 24, 2012
This was for weekend cruises until sold 67 Bonneville:

5860_1091405804894_1218966977_30257434_7083999_n by ryanloun, on Flickr

For going fast 00 Audi S4:

audi by ryanloun, on Flickr

For cargo space 08 Tundra:

tundra by ryanloun, on Flickr

relish_fetish fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 1, 2012

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

relish_fetish posted:

My goodness, that is a VERY AI group of cars. Well done.

iamtheliquor
Mar 21, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

relish_fetish posted:

Audi for going fast? I would think your Tundra would be faster, i test drove a Tundra v8 and i was really surprised at how quick it was. Hey man, you have a awesome collection!!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

iamtheliquor posted:

Audi for going fast? I would think your Tundra would be faster, i test drove a Tundra v8 and i was really surprised at how quick it was.

You really have a strange idea of what fast is. The Tundra is quick for what it is -- a full-sized truck. The S4, even stock, is so much quicker that they are not comparable to a significant degree.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

meatpimp posted:

You really have a strange idea of what fast is. The Tundra is quick for what it is -- a full-sized truck. The S4, even stock, is so much quicker that they are not comparable to a significant degree.

The S4 isn't all that much quicker, 5.5 to 60 vs like 6.3 or something. I'd almost guess that the truck would probably win in most stoplight encounters with average drivers because of the lolmashthegas part.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 1, 2012

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BlackMK4 posted:

The S4 isn't all that much quicker, 5.5 to 60 vs like 6.3 or something. I'd almost guess that the truck would probably win in most stoplight encounters with average drivers because of the lolmashthegas part.

That's stock-stock and even then, the S4 just has to mash the gas. Tundra is going to be managing traction. Plus, the S4 gets substantially quicker as soon as it's chipped. I've driven both a good bit, there's no real comparison.

(Not saying anything negative about the Tundra, though. It is surprisingly fast for its size. But that size cannot be overcome.)

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

meatpimp posted:

You really have a strange idea of what fast is.

Well his Cobra is sub-5s, so...

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

kimbo305 posted:

Well his Cobra is sub-5s, so...

Faux-bra. It's an automatic GT.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
Bought this today.

It's a 2007 Honda Odyssey, not a touring unfortunately but couldn't pass up the deal. It was purchased to replace this.

Thank god this thing got hit Saturday, totaled Monday, got the replacement check Tuesday and purchased the Honda same day. I paid 7k for the Buick four years ago, a dealer friend got it at auction for me. Insurance just paid me 6k and change today for the payout. I basically drove it for four years for less than a grand which is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

A better picture of my new-to-me STi, with bonus toddler and Shelby in the background.