Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

The Taint Reaper posted:

Castle Greyskull is the size of an endtable.

Like I wish it had a roof so I could serve drinks on it.

It looks neat, but I don't think it looks 300 dollars neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The Rage posted:

They're the Japanese 90's releases basically. Same molds, just Japan got diecast ones where we got plastic.

Actually the Legacy Megazord uses the 2010 U.S mold which is noticeably smaller and less bulky than the Japanese original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57EveR53no4

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bushifox posted:

It looks neat, but I don't think it looks 300 dollars neat.

Yeah it really isn't. However I think this might be the last year matty keeps it's subscription service, they're not even pulling the numbers for MOTU guys anymore.

Also they allowed wal-mart to sell their MOTU overstock just like how they allowed Big lots to do and still feigned ignorance.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I bought it at $250 and while it is an awesome piece, still feels like I paid too much. But I got everything else, gotta get that castle. My kids play with it a lot since I can't find a place to put it because it really is gigantic.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

Actually the Legacy Megazord uses the 2010 U.S mold which is noticeably smaller and less bulky than the Japanese original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57EveR53no4

I stand corrected! Still full of diecast goodness though!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Nope. All the parts are on the correct side (i.e., right parts with right parts, left parts with left parts), just gotta turn them shins around. I'd be glad to post pics for skeptics.

Just did it. Was pretty easy to do and dramatically improves the posability of the figure.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

funtax posted:

Just did it. Was pretty easy to do and dramatically improves the posability of the figure.

Next step is adding paint apps to the helmet which I am nervous about, because paint never dries on rubbery plastic. Well, acrylic will, but then it scrapes off if you look at it funny.

Of course that's nothing compared to the nerve-shredding terror that is trying to match the skin-tone with paint so I can give him his wifebeater (instead of his bizarre wifebeater turtleneck).

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Next step is adding paint apps to the helmet which I am nervous about, because paint never dries on rubbery plastic. Well, acrylic will, but then it scrapes off if you look at it funny.

Of course that's nothing compared to the nerve-shredding terror that is trying to match the skin-tone with paint so I can give him his wifebeater (instead of his bizarre wifebeater turtleneck).

I'd cast the helm. I was reading that one of the major casters was getting ready to do it although if you have some extra money and time it is worth investing on getting your own setup.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I hate to be That Guy but... wow, Black Series Boba Fett is really disappointing. Missing joints, sculpting interfering with the articulation, the half cape is hanging on by a thread, and the goddamn missile still isn't detachable.

I prefer a prequel figure to this guy, that's how bad it is.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The 2014 MOTUC reveals seem to be really lacking. Only one beast and the rest are really a bunch of no-name minor guys.

They're seriously running out of dudes to do. You maybe only have 5 or so guys from the original line that have yet to get a Classics version. However there's a shitload of beasts and vehicles that remain untouched. They should really have those come out every other month since they jacked up the price of the subscription service.

And to have further proof of running out of normal characters thing, the Convention Exclusive for 2014 is Goat-Man. Now Goat-man was only featured on a single page in a book published by Golden books. Yes those cardboard book golden books, meant for children. This dude had a single page on one of those. This is beyond bottom of the barrel.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Two-Bad and Modulock are pretty big.

And the convention exclusive last year was Strobo and the year before a Sorceress variant ... so its not like there isn't a precident for a bit part character in that slot.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 18, 2013

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

404GoonNotFound posted:

I hate to be That Guy but... wow, Black Series Boba Fett is really disappointing. Missing joints, sculpting interfering with the articulation, the half cape is hanging on by a thread, and the goddamn missile still isn't detachable.

Feel like selling it?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

I keep forgetting about Twobad because I've got the 200X one as a placeholder. But Modulock wasn't really a big feature on the show. His toy was pretty neat but he was never a main guy.

Still though they're giving a slot to Blades from the live action movie. There's like a billion other different things before the movie is even covered.

therealjon_ posted:

And the convention exclusive last year was Strobo and the year before a Sorceress variant ... so its not like there isn't a precident for a bit part character in that slot.
Yeah I guess so. Although Strobo went through insane price hikes and lows. It was 260 dollars at the beginning of the year and now can be had as the same price as a regular figure. And you know he's probably going to wind up at Wal-Mart or Big lots down the line(he was available for a full week he certainly isn't GONE FOREVER).

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 18, 2013

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think MOTU Classics is at the point where any character left is really debatable as a "main character" because they've covered most of it.

I'd think the vintage purists would want the last of the first six series and all thats left there is Dragstor, Rioblast, Sssqueeze, Tung Lasher, Ninjar, Roton, Multi-Bot and Twistoid. One of the Snake Men on that list will be out in 2014, the other in 2015. Multi-Bot is also 2015.

Oh totally forgot Extendar is also this year, so thats another original series off the list.

I'm cool with them fleshing out the NA and POP roster the next two years ... NA Skeletor and Flogg both look awesome. All in all I'm pretty happy with the lineup scheduled for this year. I just want a little more 200x stuff.

As far as Goat Man, I kind of dig the weirder poo poo they pull out, makes the collection all the more strange and usually those figures are the ones I end up liking the best.

Now if only Mattycollector wasn't a poo poo awful price gauging store I'd be even more happy!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

Now if only Mattycollector wasn't a poo poo awful price gauging store I'd be even more happy!
It's gonna be real interesting this year because they're just down to the MOTU classics. Every other subscription service is discontinued and poo poo is already finding it's way to other stores. And MOTUC barely pulled it off because there were single people buying a dozen or more subscriptions.

Wal-mart was selling the MOTU figures for around the same price as big lots.

I have no idea how the new MOTU Comic is doing, maybe that's a way out of Matty Collector if they can't continue it this year.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Don't buy into the Matty hype machine when they are selling subs. They have a year worked out in advance and the Horsemen have pretty much already sculpted most everything for 2014 and 2015. If they are showing stuff for next year its going to happen, the subscription pull is just to get those people on he-man.org to buy ten subs because they fear the line is going to end. They make major bank off this line because retailers and customers all have to buy them at the same price, and they cost literally nothing to make.

Things aren't as dire as they'd have you believe during subscription time.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

404GoonNotFound posted:

None of that bothers me. However, the non-articulated range finder does.

As much as I've warmed to the 6" series (to the degree that I'm rapidly losing interest in the 4" series), I've been bothered by many of Hasbro's decisions such as visible pins in knees and wildly inconsistent quantity of accessories (compare Han to Greedo).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The problem with the Star Wars figures is that they don't feel like $20 figures, they feel like $13 figures. While the new 6" figures are neat it's pretty clear they're just trying to rip off people that'll pay out the rear end for anything Star Wars related.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you aren't the type to have to have things first, you can get them for around $10 - $13 if you keep a passing eye on Amazon. Even got Greedo for $9.99 last week which seemed worth it to me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

In one of my weirder purchases... I forgot I had even bought this.

Now to find a place online that sells mini iPads and iPhones like in the promo shots for this.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Cheesus posted:

None of that bothers me. However, the non-articulated range finder does.

As much as I've warmed to the 6" series (to the degree that I'm rapidly losing interest in the 4" series), I've been bothered by many of Hasbro's decisions such as visible pins in knees and wildly inconsistent quantity of accessories (compare Han to Greedo).

That would fall under "missing joints", just like the nozzles on the jetpack.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

404GoonNotFound posted:

That would fall under "missing joints", just like the nozzles on the jetpack.

I'm pretty convinced they sunk more money into the first wave, purposely coming out strong so they could halfass the gently caress out of Wave 2. I only have Greedo and Fett but the QC seems to have taken a dive, along with the issues that have already been discussed.

therealjon_ posted:

Ever since moment one, for me this has just been farting around until I get a Stinkor and Modulok, and we're finally almost there!!!

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

One of the local Half Price Books, Kenwood store in Cincinnati Ohio, has Catra, Adora and SwampMan MOTU's for $19.99 a pop. They also had the Megolike Retro Action Guy Gardner and John Stewart figures for $5.99 a piece. So if you have a Half Price Books local to you, might be worth checking out. They were back in the Sci-Fi Hard Cover book section.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Today is a good day

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Today is a good day

Open it! Open it!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

therealjon_ posted:

Don't buy into the Matty hype machine when they are selling subs. They have a year worked out in advance and the Horsemen have pretty much already sculpted most everything for 2014 and 2015. If they are showing stuff for next year its going to happen, the subscription pull is just to get those people on he-man.org to buy ten subs because they fear the line is going to end. They make major bank off this line because retailers and customers all have to buy them at the same price, and they cost literally nothing to make.

Things aren't as dire as they'd have you believe during subscription time.

I was hoping that they would just stop the stupid rear end ways they run things over there and just do a general retail line.

Because I'm like missing one guy from the classics line and it's Zodac(the clawed feet and no gloves version) and it's a pain in the rear end to go back in MOTUC and pick up what you missed. The no re-issues stance they have is bull.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hey thread, there's 180 pages spanning three years here so I started about halfway through as many of the old images are dead links.

The MOTUC stuff really interests me but their limited availability and price point are disappointing- that said, the hot toys figures are pretty enticing.

The Bruce Willis GI Joe has me wanting to purchase one, and I was just wondering from those who have bought hot toys product where the best place to buy them is. I've found them on amazon, just wondered if there were better avenues is all, thanks!

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

NotAnArtist posted:

Hey thread, there's 180 pages spanning three years here so I started about halfway through as many of the old images are dead links.

The MOTUC stuff really interests me but their limited availability and price point are disappointing- that said, the hot toys figures are pretty enticing.

The Bruce Willis GI Joe has me wanting to purchase one, and I was just wondering from those who have bought hot toys product where the best place to buy them is. I've found them on amazon, just wondered if there were better avenues is all, thanks!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/

Seems to be a great place to get dolls,

also, https://www.bigbadtoystore.com

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Speaking of Big bad toy store, they have the new Godzilla '14 figures up for pre-order. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=godzilla%202014

I'll probably pick up a few of these, but I'm really looking foward to see what NECA is going to do.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

Sideshow Toys is Hot Toys NA official distributor, so they're the best bet if you want something first. They're also starting to do flat rate shipping so unless you have a pile of loot started at BBTS they're gonna be cheaper on shipping.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

NotAnArtist posted:

It's been over a week, and none of the sale items from the 16th have sold out, or even gotten a 'Almost Gone'. That seems strange to me - the popular figures usually sell out in less than half an hour.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Just snagged the whole set of Captain America legends figures from target! Glad I checked to see if they had them while I was picking up last minute items for Christmas dinner!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Beanpants posted:

Just snagged the whole set of Captain America legends figures from target! Glad I checked to see if they had them while I was picking up last minute items for Christmas dinner!

Where are you located? All I want is the Marvel Now Cap, but I'm not expecting much luck in scalper-infested Orlando.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Where are you located? All I want is the Marvel Now Cap, but I'm not expecting much luck in scalper-infested Orlando.

Boise, Idaho. If I would've known I would have kept an eye out. I'll probably go back in a few days to load up on Hydra and AIM dudes, so if they have one I'll grab it too. Do you want the Mandroid piece or just the figure?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Beanpants posted:

Boise, Idaho. If I would've known I would have kept an eye out. I'll probably go back in a few days to load up on Hydra and AIM dudes, so if they have one I'll grab it too. Do you want the Mandroid piece or just the figure?

Just the figure, and if you can connect, I'll send you Paypal ASAP!

Thank you for the offer of help.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
drat, all that were hanging at my Targets were the two WW2 Caps that come in the box, so somebody beat me to them. Only really want the Now Cap and Red Skull.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Just the figure, and if you can connect, I'll send you Paypal ASAP!

Thank you for the offer of help.

No problem, I'll let you know if I find one! These weren't on the floor, by the way. A very amazing associate brought a fresh case out from the stockroom. They aren't scheduled to hit the floor until their reset, at least locally.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Red posted:

It's been over a week, and none of the sale items from the 16th have sold out, or even gotten a 'Almost Gone'. That seems strange to me - the popular figures usually sell out in less than half an hour.

Because they haven't fixed the numbers yet. They only pull poo poo like that when they try to get a last minute push before putting the figures on sale in another month or so or giving them to Wal-Mart or Biglots at discounted prices.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Somehow found an entire set of the second Star Wars Black Series figures at Target today. Grabbed Boba and Han. Leia looks... terrible. Greedo is fine, but not really someone I'm going to pay $20 for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
That Slave Leia looks pretty accurate guys, I dunno what y'all are talking about. She looks like she is stoned out of her goddamn mind and is barely coherent enough to stumble around in front of the camera, just like the real Carrie Fisher!