Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

On that note, has the signing window for 6.1.2 end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

SeANMcBAY posted:

On that note, has the signing window for 6.1.2 end?

Yes, it's shut.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Has anyone using PandoraSkips updated to the latest Pandora that came out ~two days ago and verified that the skipping still works?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

spongeworthy posted:

Has anyone using PandoraSkips updated to the latest Pandora that came out ~two days ago and verified that the skipping still works?

I tried it last night and it worked fine.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but is the old iOS 5 Youtube app or a reasonable fascimile thereof available as a jailbreak app?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Mr Hands Colon posted:

I tried it last night and it worked fine.

Thanks, updated.

So I had an issue where my iMessage contacts couldn't receive photos but I could receive theirs, everything else worked fine. I narrowed it down to either FlashyStatus or SilentPatcher61 as being the culprit - so if you have either of these installed (probably not) - double check that your iMessage photos are being received.

Shmoogy
Mar 21, 2007

The Rokstar posted:

I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but is the old iOS 5 Youtube app or a reasonable fascimile thereof available as a jailbreak app?

You can use one of those apps people use to pirate things to download apps that have been taken off of the real app store- I'd imagine you can find somebody who is hosting the old one.

What about the old app do you want/need- maybe there is a current one which will suit your needs better.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

The Rokstar posted:

I'd look at Jasmine: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/jasmine-youtube-client/id554937050?mt=8

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
I've always preferred ProTube to YouTube.

Deep in the Amazon
Dec 19, 2012

Does anyone know if the 'bug' has been fixed in the Jasmine app that was causing the app to shutdown if you try to browse the channels?

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY AS AN SA FORUMS MEMBER TO RUIN ALL OF THE THREADS I POST. IF I EVER POST A THREAD, TROLL IT!!!
What lock screen does the Iphone have in the original post?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

White1ce posted:

What lock screen does the Iphone have in the original post?

Typophone, and if you want to enhance it a bit, Typophone Weather to get dynamic weather as well. In addition you can easily change the font and other size settings via iFile, it's just an html document.

If you like that, check out "guess what"

e: some of you made comments about the preference of having the date so small, I'm thinking now about swapping "The 22nd of" and "March"

So it would read

--- GUESS WHAT, IT'S ---

FRIDAY

-------- MARCH ---------

22ND

-------- AT ----------

5:48

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 22, 2013

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY AS AN SA FORUMS MEMBER TO RUIN ALL OF THE THREADS I POST. IF I EVER POST A THREAD, TROLL IT!!!
Thanks!

White1ce fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 22, 2013

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

spongeworthy posted:

Thanks, updated.

So I had an issue where my iMessage contacts couldn't receive photos but I could receive theirs, everything else worked fine. I narrowed it down to either FlashyStatus or SilentPatcher61 as being the culprit - so if you have either of these installed (probably not) - double check that your iMessage photos are being received.

It's not just you. I posted in the Iphone thread about it. It's happening to a ton of people the last couple of days including myself and friends who have a mix of jailbroken and nonjailbroken iphones.

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
A couple more questions,

I just downloaded iFile, how do I find the .html for the typophone to change the font size and stuff?

Also, are there any good apps that I can hide some of the icons that I do not want, like the Reminders app. Any app to increase folder sizes?

Thanks!

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I wonder what the odds are of my shiny new unlocked iPhone 5 I ordered not 30 minutes ago having 6.1.3 on it :(

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

status posted:

I wonder what the odds are of my shiny new unlocked iPhone 5 I ordered not 30 minutes ago having 6.1.3 on it :(

Pretty low. They don't go through the warehouses and update each one individually when a new iOS version comes out.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

White1ce posted:

Also, are there any good apps that I can hide some of the icons that I do not want, like the Reminders app. Any app to increase folder sizes?

Thanks!

Poof! to hide icons, infinifolders or folder enhancer for increasing folder sizes.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

White1ce posted:

A couple more questions,

I just downloaded iFile, how do I find the .html for the typophone to change the font size and stuff?

Thanks!

http://xsellize.com/topic/120812-mod-typophone-4/

This link contains any info you'd need to be able to find what you like but :

quote:

The .png's are completely untouched. Also, if you want to change the background, navigate to Typophone 4 in /Library/Themes/ and replace "LockBackground.png" with a photo of your choosing. The file must be named "LockBackground" and the extension needs to be .png. Changing the Lockscreen background the normal way didn't work for me.

should help you enough.

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
Great, thanks guys!

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Question: is there a tweak to replace my password for iTunes with a grid/dot drawing? Like, I have my password stored, and then instead of being forced to type my password with a caps, and numbers and symbols, I can just draw a pattern?

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Blimpkin posted:

Question: is there a tweak to replace my password for iTunes with a grid/dot drawing? Like, I have my password stored, and then instead of being forced to type my password with a caps, and numbers and symbols, I can just draw a pattern?
Stride, in Cydia.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Zeph posted:

Stride, in Cydia.

Thanks boss.

May or may not have made it similar to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ACd1Qu-vEU

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 22, 2013

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Space Gopher posted:

Pretty low. They don't go through the warehouses and update each one individually when a new iOS version comes out.

True. I guess they'd keep more than ~a week's (or however long ago 6.1.3 hit) worth of stock.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I purchased InfiniDock in Cydia and I'm trying to install it but every time I click try it just sits at the black install screen for a couple minutes and then I get the message:

code:
POSIX: Operation timed out
Is this just a matter of Cydia being down for package installations and I should just try later? Or is something else wrong? This is on an iPad3 running 6.1

EDIT: Nevermind, after trying three or four more times it works fine.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 23, 2013

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
So, I've got my NCSettings toggle working but every icon I make for it is total poo poo. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but would anyone mind whipping one up for me? I've honestly spent more time fiddling with the icon than getting the toggle itself working. I've still got some packaging stuff I need to do so there's no rush. I've got 4 psd's here, on and off 1x and 2x - yoink.

edit 2: I made the icons, they look nice. Need to figure out one small but important thing first before it'll be release ready for Cydia, but I can post it here with manual instructions, if anyone wants.

Zeph fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 24, 2013

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Mywi 5.5 used to work on iOS 6 until Mywi 6 came out, right? Is this a straight gouge to get the extra $5?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Before I take the plunge, does MyWi work significantly better than PDANet?

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
What does MYwi do that creating a hotspot on my iPhone 5 doesn't? I was looking on cysts at the description too and wasn't too sure!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Team THEOLOGY posted:

What does MYwi do that creating a hotspot on my iPhone 5 doesn't? I was looking on cysts at the description too and wasn't too sure!

Unless I'm mistaken, Nothing. If you can create a hotspot on your iPhone 5 then you don't need MyWi.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It does a little more than just a hotspot. It disables the blue bar you get while tethering and uses an icon in the notification bar instead. It also lets you control the wifi signal strength. Both should give you a bit of battery life over the default tethering.

I wouldn't pay $20 or whatever it costs if you already have tethering, though.

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

gypsyshred posted:

Before I take the plunge, does MyWi work significantly better than PDANet?

I switched from MyWi to TetherMe after months of OnDemand not working (iPhone 4s paired with iPad 3, both on 6.1.2. It kept telling me that my iPad already had wifi, or not broadcasting from the iPhone. There have been updates pretty much weekly on Cydia with no change log, so you can't even tell what bugs are being worked on. When I googled for advice I saw that others have been having the same problems as me, and that customer service is unresponsive.

I wouldn't recommend MyWi, in case you couldn't tell.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
I use MyWi and have never had an issue. That said, it sounds like other users are using it a lot more frequently that I am.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
TetherMe is 95% of the product of MyWi, at 10% of the price. And they probably won't charge you for major updates. Don't fall into the hype of MyWi, and definitely don't support their lovely business practices.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
But I'm still trying to find out what MYwi does that just "creating a personal hotspot" from settings doesn't already do? Or is it the same and most people just don't have access to that feature in their regular settings?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Team THEOLOGY posted:

But I'm still trying to find out what MYwi does that just "creating a personal hotspot" from settings doesn't already do? Or is it the same and most people just don't have access to that feature in their regular settings?

It lets you do it without paying extra for a tethering plan

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Isn't PDAnet free as an alternative?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Team THEOLOGY posted:

If you live outside the US, you potentially have free tethering. See, here in the US the megabytes that we pay dollars for are for some crazy reason only usable by the phone. If you want to tether to use your megabytes for other devices, you pay $20+ monthly for the privilege.

Enter programs like TetherMe, MyWi, and PDANet, which are all used to circumvent this blatant moneygrab.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

bobfather posted:

If you live outside the US, you potentially have free tethering. See, here in the US the megabytes that we pay dollars for are for some crazy reason only usable by the phone. If you want to tether to use your megabytes for other devices, you pay $20+ monthly for the privilege.

Enter programs like TetherMe, MyWi, and PDANet, which are all used to circumvent this blatant moneygrab.

Unless you have one of the otherwise awful Verizon Share Everything plans like I do (:() in which case tether is included as part of the whole package.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mobile providers in the US aren't allowed to penalize you for using tethering on limited plans anymore.

http://lifehacker.com/5933152/the-right-to-tether-what-the-verizonfcc-settlement-means-to-you

They can still try to keep you from using tethering programs, but that's it.

• Locked thread