Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rarx
Jun 8, 2018
Time to secure some land before our infamy goes to zero.

Royalists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Imperialists. We already missed a big opportunity in not getting involved in international affairs sooner. By the time we stop sitting on our hands, forces will have already begun to be in motion and we'll have missed several more opportunities I imagine. While Morocco's colonial empire fades, ours must grow.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

RabidWeasel posted:

Those are some acceptable allies but I think I will vote Moderates anyway on the basis that holy poo poo guys we don't have mechanical production yet aka the tech that makes your RGOs not suck all the way

Though I do note that all the coal is on the wrong side of the border and we need to rectify that, I figure that the moderates will go to war for our lost provinces in Iberia if the circumstances are particularly good, in spite of them generally not being pro war.

I have to say you did a great job in splitting up priorities and policies between the different parties to make them all appealing and it's a testament to V2 compared to other Paradox games that intentionally not going to war for decades could ever be even a vaguely good idea.

v2 is pretty much my favorite paradox game because it is super fun even if you hardly ever go to war

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Royalists, I suppose.

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
moderates Let the chaos build then we can start to take advantage when others are weak we shall be strong.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Communists!

wait poo poo, they still don't exist yet? ughhhh moderates I guess

whoever's this universe Marx needs to get writing/agitating already jeez

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Royalist is the only option that has Ulema backing

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
Moderates

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

crimea posted:

But just to be clear, how exactly do the research focuses of the parties work in practice? Does voting anything other than Royalist place us 20 years behind on mil tech for example?

For the most part they'll stick to their respective tech groups, but there will be exceptions for sure, where the various parties basically need to research various techs to fulfil their agendas. For example Imperialists will want to grab Breech-loaded Rifles eventually, since it's basically essential to becoming a big colonial player in Africa.

Patter Song posted:

(If you do end up having Moderates win, Hashim, for gently caress's sake research Ideological Thought and eventually State and Government at some point. You're just leaving Plurality on the table)

Agh, I've been meaning to get to it, but kept delaying it for railroads and medicine and then it slipped my mind. It's definitely a high priority at the moment though.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Moderates so that Al Andalus might not blow the gently caress up once again.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Moderates. Let's push those tech developments a little further!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Stay the course with the Moderates for now.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
If we do not pounce on Morocco in their time of weakness, then when will we? At a point in time when our alliance can stand against the Moroccans'. Moderates, with lots of military tech

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
V2 is very much a game where early investment pays off. While Morocco was spending blood and treasure in the new world we are building a strong foundation. Moderates

Also picking a reactionary party during the liberal revolution is a bad idea, and LF is a great way to strangle our early factories in the crib.

So like I said Moderates

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Continuing to stand with the sultan and going Moderates

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

There is a time to drink the blood of our enemies and a time to rally for the liberty of the people. This is the time for neither.

Moderates

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Royalists

Two liquor factories have opened up in the past 50 years. This sort of obscenity would never happen under the watch of the Majlis and the Ulema.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I was really happy with how moderation worked out when the epidemics hit. I'll probably switch from that position sometime in the future, but not without a really good cause.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Don't do the smart thing, do the fun thing!

Vote Imperialist

Leave it to goons to hear opportunity knocking and hide under the bed.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Moderates

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Royalists

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
Royalists

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Moderates. Changed, see later post.

The Bold Kobold fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 6, 2018

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Moderates. Can't afford to be aggressive yet.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Struggling between Moderates and Royalists, decided to go with Royalists, because we'll need some army tech soon and it felt like the more interesting choice.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
I'd say build up a little more before we start getting aggressive. Go Moderate for now.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
For those of you traitors moderates who are voting against immediate action I must ask you what you will say when your child asks: why didn't you invade eastern Iberia?

Clayren fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 6, 2018

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Moderates

Let us build more railways and drugs

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Moderates, time to kick it up a notch. Space railroads!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Let's go with Imperialist.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Royalists

It'd be better if the revolt we're still ongoing but right now Morocco is still smarting from it so let's loving get those cores.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
You know what? Changing my previous vote to Royalists.

Maybe we ought to develop more before we get a-war-in', but I kinda feel that if we don't try now we might not get the chance later.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Slaan posted:

Royalist is the only option that has Ulema backing

This. I’m pretty grossed out by all of the blasphemous people here asking us to hold off on unifying the rest of Iberia in order to research Darwinism. :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Still Moderates.

It's not a vote for peace, mind you, just a temporary armistice while we modernize and rearm :unsmigghh:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I propose a need to do lightning raids on the top RGOs for wheat and other such base consumables. By occupying them for a modicum of time we can spike militancy across Europe as lower rank powers wont be able to afford as much for their poorer pops. How does this help us? Well, I can't imagine either Leon or Quatalun have much prestige at the moment...

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Destroying the world's food supply to own cause the libs

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Moderates I guess, but I don't especially like it. Though if we never get those cores we're going to be fascist as gently caress come HOI4.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Royalists

Reload, rearm, and put them in the dirt.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Look at all these fuckin Modernizers.

Imperialism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Clayren posted:

For those of you traitors moderates who are voting against immediate action I must ask you what you will say when your child asks: why didn't you invade eastern Iberia?

We thought the lives of the young was more important than the ambitions of the old.