Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
https://twitter.com/OuterSiberia/status/875561648559239168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
So...about Ixalan....

What, exactly is the flavor justification for mono-white vampires? I mean, I got the idea with the ones in Zendikar being all orderly because they're in an army now, but....

Also, it pains me to see Wizards make cards that wouldn't even pass the muster of our own design contests.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Veyrall posted:

Also, it pains me to see Wizards make cards that wouldn't even pass the muster of our own design contests.

Examples?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:drat:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

gently caress that's really good.

That whole Twitter feed is great even though it's kind of slowed down.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Imagine one of us submitted Bishop of Rebirth in, say, a color-shifted tribal contest. It's a mono-white vampire that sun titans back a cmc3 or less creature from the GY. Being mono-white doesn't fit the flavor for vamps, the sun titan ability has literally gently caress-all to do with anything vampires have ever done ever, and it has vigilance instead of lifelink OR flying. Nothing outside of the type line makes it feel vampiric in the slightest. Now, I get that this is the nu-Sliver problem all over again, and it probably won't be any problem to 99% of players, but it annoys me.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Star Man posted:

There's no "looks like." Bolas is so large that he is holding Chandra in his hand.

How does that even work? Bolas' touch causes your mind to shatter - it's why making you discard a bunch of poo poo is his signature ability.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Angry Grimace posted:

How does that even work? Bolas' touch causes your mind to shatter - it's why making you discard a bunch of poo poo is his signature ability.

That's why she's defeated!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Veyrall posted:

Imagine one of us submitted Bishop of Rebirth in, say, a color-shifted tribal contest. It's a mono-white vampire that sun titans back a cmc3 or less creature from the GY. Being mono-white doesn't fit the flavor for vamps, the sun titan ability has literally gently caress-all to do with anything vampires have ever done ever, and it has vigilance instead of lifelink OR flying. Nothing outside of the type line makes it feel vampiric in the slightest. Now, I get that this is the nu-Sliver problem all over again, and it probably won't be any problem to 99% of players, but it annoys me.

The color pie matters except when it doesn't because we said so

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Sarcastro posted:

That's why she's defeated!

It might explain why Jace is a Planar Castaway playing pirate on some random plane, I guess. And then maybe Ajani has to spent time going around to collect them all back up because they all got scattered and mind wiped.

It would be particularly hilarious if this resulted in wacky Gatewatch cards because they forget they're good guys or their core identities or something. Like Liliana isn't doing necromancer poo poo because her brain is scrambled and instead she's mono-white or something.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Veyrall posted:

So...about Ixalan....

What, exactly is the flavor justification for mono-white vampires? I mean, I got the idea with the ones in Zendikar being all orderly because they're in an army now, but....

From the leaks it looks like the story is conflict between Grixis-colored pirates/invaders and Bant-colored merfolk or natives, with the vampires being some sort of religious third faction? Plus dinosaurs.

It's not the norm but I'm honestly fine with them playing around with the color pie stuff for this one set.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Veyrall posted:

He is a priest of the sun god. So he has the powers of a SUN titan!

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

From the leaks it looks like the story is conflict between Grixis-colored pirates/invaders and Bant-colored merfolk or natives, with the vampires being some sort of religious third faction? Plus dinosaurs.

It's not the norm but I'm honestly fine with them playing around with the color pie stuff for this one set.

Naya dinosaurs! I suppose the vampires are esper? Maybe?

Also, white has vigilance and the sun titan reanimation, so the color pie is not broken at all!

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 17, 2017

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Veyrall posted:

It's almost like vampires on this plane are different from everywhere else, like it's unique to this plane. Or something.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Ok now shriek like a doofus about white zombies.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Angry Grimace posted:

It might explain why Jace is a Planar Castaway playing pirate on some random plane, I guess. And then maybe Ajani has to spent time going around to collect them all back up because they all got scattered and mind wiped.

I am okay with this if it turns out that Gideon got married and opened a soul food restaurant.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Seriously, what is White about mummies aside from then literally being the color white

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

This preview is the cringiest thing I have ever seen.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Mummies are white because it's about getting embalmed by the theocratic state and spending the rest of eternity performing dutiful labour for said state. They're white in the way Soldiers are white only there's no retirement plan.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I can't believe they're playing these cards without sleeves.

e: holy poo poo they actually mentioned that

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TheMaestroso posted:

It's almost like vampires on this plane are different from everywhere else, like it's unique to this plane. Or something.

:ssh: you'll ruin MY IMMERSION

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
So it looks like there will be a cycle of lands that taps for one mana source and can be cycled.
They showed a Forest that cycles for 1G ETB tapped. It was a common.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
lol Eternalize was Megaembalm the whole time.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Captain Capitalism posted:

This preview is the cringiest thing I have ever seen.

I actually love it.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

BJPaskoff posted:

I actually love it.

Ok, the fact that the crowd is booing the Gatewatch makes it worth it.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Hellsau posted:

lol Eternalize was Megaembalm the whole time.

I knew it. :smuggo:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Eternalize seems to set their power and toughness to 4/4, no matter what the creature was. That's cool.

edit: and of course it changes them to be always black instead of always white

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

So double strike cat comes back as a 5/5? Pretty spicy.

Edit: Ah, I see.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Hour of Revelation
3WWW
Costs 3 less if there are 10 or more non land permanents on the battle field
Destroy all non land permanents

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
What the hell even is this

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Oh my god I just turned on the stream and watched for about 2 minutes. It's so embarrassing and cringe inducing

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Tainen posted:

So it looks like there will be a cycle of lands that taps for one mana source and can be cycled.
They showed a Forest that cycles for 1G ETB tapped. It was a common.

Looks like it's just for limited, since the mana requirement, lacking land type and cipt excludes it from being a thing for constructed, and pauper had the 1 mana cyclers already.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

80s James Hetfield posted:

Oh my god I just turned on the stream and watched for about 2 minutes. It's so embarrassing and cringe inducing

Yes. But I still want one of those giant lands.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

80s James Hetfield posted:

it's perfect and i will protect it

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Grind // Dust

Grind
1B
Sorcery
Put a -1/-1 counter on each of up to two target creatures

Dust
3W
Sorcery
Exile any number of target creatures that have -1/-1 counters on them

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

This Nicol Bolas guy rules

Edit: lmfao dead stream

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Looks like it's just for limited, since the mana requirement, lacking land type and cipt excludes it from being a thing for constructed, and pauper had the 1 mana cyclers already.

It is a desert. Otherwise, agree with that.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Marketing New Brain posted:

Yeah, they are all deserts and they have synergies with other cards. One creature they showed had "when attacking, target creature can't block if there is a desert on the battlefield or in the graveyard".

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
The content was so bad the equipment sacrificed itself

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

so far Hour has two separate 3-mana conditional boardwipes and that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
This stream is a hilarious and spectacular failure on so many levels. I love it.