Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

And frankly, not playing star citizen has brought me more enjoyment than the playing of many actual games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Another of Crobs issues is that he wants to make movies, not video games

Burns
May 10, 2008

Sunk cost galaxy guy still hasnt released his next chapter.

naem
May 29, 2011

Statutory Ape posted:

Yeah I mean if you can legally make a sizable fraction of a billion dollars for not releasing a not product

🤷

couldn’t they legally release a generic 2D side scroller and call it Star Citizen and meet the letter of the law?

if you paid for a space ship you get a 2D sprite of it boom done thanks for the money

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Text adventure.

Imagination is the best engine. Such fidelity.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

They already made a 2D Space Arcade Shooter: Hyper Vanguard Force. So mission accomplished I guess.

Burns
May 10, 2008

naem posted:

couldn’t they legally release a generic 2D side scroller and call it Star Citizen and meet the letter of the law?

if you paid for a space ship you get a 2D sprite of it boom done thanks for the money

It would be funny. A law talkin guy would better answer this but i think it would amount to the same thing as fraud. Sorta like if you bought a porsche and the dealer drives out a fiat and says thats what you paid for.

naem
May 29, 2011

Burns posted:

It would be funny. A law talkin guy would better answer this but i think it would amount to the same thing as fraud. Sorta like if you bought a porsche and the dealer drives out a fiat and says thats what you paid for.

just yell ARTISTIC LICENSE a lot I think you’re good

or just release a really lovely game that technically has the features you promised

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

naem posted:

or just release a really lovely game that technically has the features you promised

yeah that's what they're doing.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

naem posted:

they're trying to do that right now

you may not be aware of just how many features they've promised

they've promised a lot of features

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is thegame out yet

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

a poorly implemented buggy feature is still a feature

idk what the elevators are though i have not found a way to justify those..

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010

Statutory Ape posted:

idk what the elevators are though i have not found a way to justify those..

Mimics

Or would it be space mimics?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Klyith posted:

they're trying to do that right now

you may not be aware of just how many features they've promised

they've promised a lot of features

They've backtracked on so many of those features that there shouldn't be that much left to do anyway, right?

Oh, we're still stuck on the elevator.

naem
May 29, 2011

I worked briefly as a video game tester and worked on a Spider-man PSP game that halfway through the game all the cut scenes were replaced with hastily hand drawn storyboard art with the voice acting dubbed over it.

like they didn’t even finish the game well that’s my story

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is thegame out yet

is the game out yet? yes, of course it is. in fact i'm playing it right now and have been doing so for a long time.

is the game any good? well of course not, it's not out yet. in fact it's pre-pre-pre-pre alpha and you can't possibly judge it in this state.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

naem posted:

I worked briefly as a video game tester and worked on a Spider-man PSP game that halfway through the game all the cut scenes were replaced with hastily hand drawn storyboard art with the voice acting dubbed over it.

Stories like this fascinate me. I love lovely video games, and seeing the anatomy of how both good ones and bad ones come together will never not be cool to me.

Seanbaby has a bunch of great reviews of really bad games, and some of them literally had him scratching his head and wondering if they'd accidentally sent him a tech demo instead of a finished game.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

naem posted:

Star Citizen is kind of the Space MMO-ish equivalent of The Magic Circle if you think about it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

naem posted:

Ah, Alice: Madness Returns, is that you?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Somfin posted:

Ah, Alice: Madness Returns, is that you?

you just made me think of American McGee for the first time in 20 years. The last time I was 9 and just loling at his name

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is thegame out yet

posting in this thread *is* the game.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

is pepsi ok posted:

is the game out yet? yes, of course it is. in fact i'm playing it right now and have been doing so for a long time.

is the game any good? well of course not, it's not out yet. in fact it's pre-pre-pre-pre alpha and you can't possibly judge it in this state.

I like the cut of your jib

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Krycek posted:

posting in this thread *is* the game.

The real game is the posts we made along the way (the way to the courtroom).

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bofast posted:

Wasn't it B'Tak who wanted CIG to ensure that people could not use Discord or other forms of external communication while playing Star Citizen? This would probably make him happy.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

But what if the client was running on a virtual machine and that was altered from outside?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

fun fact that post is three years old

which is just as long as the game has been in development right?????

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Statutory Ape posted:

And frankly, not playing star citizen has brought me more enjoyment than the playing of many actual games

This is true.

Remember when their security guy at citizencon was a serial lady molester?

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

This game has a lot of potential. All it needs is another few years of polish and maybe another new engine swap; perhaps 15 years of hardware development. So yeah, now's the time to buy in.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

PoopinClumpin
Jul 4, 2006

Kids who entered high school near the day Star Citizen was Kickstarted are now graduating college.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Asmodai_00 posted:

fun fact that post is three years old

which is just as long as the game has been in development right?????

Mirificus is just dumping its database

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

Mirificus is just dumping its database

im not poking fun at him, im poking fun at the three year old discussion about a feature that's never been implimented

you know, star_citizen.txt

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

When you recognize an undated random post that's three years old you might have been spending too much time on this poo poo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jesus H. Christ :cripes:

PoopinClumpin posted:

Kids who entered high school near the day Star Citizen was Kickstarted are now graduating college.

lol

Maybe they got their college degrees in software development so they can now contribute to their dream of working on this game when they were kids.

Kinda like how people now are old enough to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan just like their parents.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Booourns posted:

When you recognize an undated random post that's three years old you might have been spending too much time on this poo poo

or you can click through the link to see the webarchive.org date is May 2016 :ssh:

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Booourns posted:

I think this is when they ask you how much you are in for and call you commando

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

trigger warning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNjI03CGkb4

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Wing Commander: Privateer was a good game

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Chris Roberts's Desktop Citizen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J377tKsMF0I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Thread Shitizen Beta 69